Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I still think it's worth it to try on the $.03 games, I managed to get Streets of Rage 4 and Mega Man for switch, I think the trick is to find the most disinterested looking employee to help you (yeah I know they all look like that but trust your gut).  It might help to go toward closing too when there might not be a permanent electronics employee. Maybe also stick to one so you're not bizarrely getting several $.03 games at a time.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is now showing as $9.88 on Walmart.com despite previously being only available through third party sellers.

I tried checking out through mobile and the app while I was at work, but the game went out of stock; however, I looked now on my desktop and it showed as still available, so I tried again and this time was able to get an order through. Not sure if more inventory was actually added or if it was a mobile vs desktop issue. Whatever the case, this game may keep flickering in and out of stock online, so something to keep on your radar if you're interested.

(Now that both Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing reflect the in-store price online, I'm optimistic about the potential that some of the other games will too. = ). )

As terrible as it is for Walmart to keep us from buying 3 cent games and for the El Hoardos to buy up all of the 3DS titles in stores, this clearance has been good for me because it forced me to look for 3DS titles that I already owned at home rather than running out to my local store to re-buy them.

There were times in the 2010s when I would have a hard day at work and then go on 3DS game buying binges in order to feel better.  I just found a box at home with Mario Kart 7 and Majora's Mask in it along with a bunch of other games that I don't remember buying such as Captain America: Super Soldier, Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Nintendogs + Cats, Pokemon Rumble Blast, Pokemon Y, and Tetris Axis, among others.  I honestly don't remember when I added these to my collection, but at least I don't have to waste money re-buying Mario Kart and Majora's Mask.

I had to go to work today, so on the way home dropped by a boonie wally and only had time to browse the Nintendo section (no 3DS games left) but did score 3 copies of Wonderful 101 for 9 cents  :bomb: I only bought 2 at first and the guy was clearly surprised but didn't give a shit and after ringing me out said - "why not just buy that last one?"... so I did  O:)

Seals looked good to me! 

pHsYo6V.png

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is now showing as $9.88 on Walmart.com despite previously being only available through third party sellers.

I tried checking out through mobile and the app while I was at work, but the game went out of stock; however, I looked now on my desktop and it showed as still available, so I tried again and this time was able to get an order through. Not sure if more inventory was actually added or if it was a mobile vs desktop issue. Whatever the case, this game may keep flickering in and out of stock online, so something to keep on your radar if you're interested.

(Now that both Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing reflect the in-store price online, I'm optimistic about the potential that some of the other games will too. = ). )
I would love to get some of those games for that price without actually walking inside of a Walmart so here's hoping

If you don't want people to buy your $.03 games then stopping marking them at $.03.  Leave them at full price until you pull them.  It's pretty simple. 

If you don't want people to buy your $.03 games then stopping marking them at $.03. Leave them at full price until you pull them. It's pretty simple.
There are myraid solutions to this simple problem for walmart, but with their size I still don't think they care despite the supposedly new memo about half the employees got.

The real question is... why $.03 specifically?? I demand answers!

Success: capt tsubasa, zombie army and zero x legacy :ps4: for 3c each!
Also got AC welcome amiibo :3ds: for $10.
So glad the 3c games are back!! Both self-checkout and register worked fine. Just act surprised and ram your credit card in the payment slot. Older cashier suspected something was strange, but he threw the games in a bag with receipt and handed them to me.

Guy at my walmart was like "oooook so wow... yeah... 6 cents" and I go "just so you know, I left a copy of each". He then proceeded over to the case and checked himself out lol.

I did quick run today, and found a Untitled Goose game (NSW) that was blocked. But the other stores hit the don't care mode. And stuff is dropping from store to store. 

I found three more 3DS games to add to the list for $9.88 in-store:

Super Smash Bros.

Super Mario Maker

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Probably extremely YMMV. The Walmart I found these at still had their prices labeled at $29.96 (which I suspect is why they were still in stock...) but they rang up for the lower price.

I found three more 3DS games to add to the list for $9.88 in-store:

Super Smash Bros.

Super Mario Maker

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Probably extremely YMMV. The Walmart I found these at still had their prices labeled at $29.96 (which I suspect is why they were still in stock...) but they rang up for the lower price.
Half the time the games stay in the slots with whatever the last price sticker was on the shelf. They don't always move them to the bottom of the cabinet in a pile.

I struck out over the weekend, as always. Didn't even find what I originally went there for.

I've only managed to find three clearance games from Walmart ever - Destiny 2 for $3 (for the PS Plus), and Code Vein and MediEvil for $10 each.

It's a pretty good game. Unless it's changed, there is a demo for it. Go play the demo and decide if it's worth it. I ended up buying two copies because it was fun and so cheap.
Make sure to patch it, because there was a QOL update that made it so you can make the enemy turns faster and a few other fixes.

Picked up 2 copies of $0.03 PS4 Streets of Rage 4 from my local Walmart (one for my brother and myself). It wouldn't show up on Brickseek but scanning it with the app showed the right price.

The cashier even asked me if I wanted another 3¢ game (some racing game), but I declined and left it for people who might actually be interested in it.

I can’t any Walmart’s here to sell me any of those $0.03 games. Bummer!

UPDATE! Just got a copy of Streets of Rage for $0.03. Cashier was very cool about it. Thank you sir!!

As terrible as it is for Walmart to keep us from buying 3 cent games and for the El Hoardos to buy up all of the 3DS titles in stores, this clearance has been good for me because it forced me to look for 3DS titles that I already owned at home rather than running out to my local store to re-buy them.

There were times in the 2010s when I would have a hard day at work and then go on 3DS game buying binges in order to feel better. I just found a box at home with Mario Kart 7 and Majora's Mask in it along with a bunch of other games that I don't remember buying such as Captain America: Super Soldier, Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Nintendogs + Cats, Pokemon Rumble Blast, Pokemon Y, and Tetris Axis, among others. I honestly don't remember when I added these to my collection, but at least I don't have to waste money re-buying Mario Kart and Majora's Mask.
If that copy of Captain America is still sealed, I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend keeping it that way. Factory sealed copies are rarer than hen's teeth these days.

If that copy of Captain America is still sealed, I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend keeping it that way. Factory sealed copies are rarer than hen's teeth these days.
Thanks for the heads-up, buddy! I haven't opened it! And I figure the Marvel zombies will pay through the teeth if I decide to flip it.

On a related note, I didn't know that the Pokemon X and Y 3DS games had increased so much in value. My copy of Pokemon Y is already open, so I plan to play that one when I get a chance.

When I went to Walmart tonight, they had plenty of 3DS Player's Choice titles in the case with the correct prices. I didn't see any copies of the Pokemon games. As a matter of fact, there were so many copies of Majora's Mask that they had to put them into the Switch value games section.

And all of the 3 cent games had been removed from the shelves. :censored:

Well here's a fun story today.

Went to walmart 1 where I know I saw Captain Tsubasa last week. Totally struck out, though did find Dreams PS4 for $8 and a copy of Mario 3D Land 3DS for $9.

Go to walmart #2 and completely struck out. No $.03 games, not even a single 3DS game on the shelf. Zilch.

Next up was walmart #3. I planned ahead and saw a few $10 3DS games I wanted on brickseek, so I was pretty confident I'd find some things I want. I was right and picked up Majora's Mask, Pokemon Ultra Moon, Ocarina of Time, Bowser's Inside Story, and Animal Crossing New Leaf.

Now here's the butterfly effect part... after I ring out at the electronics counter, I had a gut instinct to double check the shelf before I left. A different employee came up next to me and started scanning games. Sparked up conversation and he didn't know the 3DS games were marked down, he was excited when he saw me purchase them at the register. He proceeds to tell me he assisted in taking down the $.03 games over the weekend. I told him a few I was looking forward to playing, and he goes "oh I know those, I'm sure I saw them and still have them put away". He goes in the back and brings out Captain Tsubasa, Darksiders Genesis, and Streets of Rage 4 for PS4. 

Now an electronics leader is watching him at this point and says "you can't sell those, they're on a hold to send back". Thanks to the forum here, I knew this round of $.03 games was not restricted like the previous batch. I asked "hey can you scan them and let me know if they can be sold or come up restricted?". Sure enough they ring up fine, and the supervisor says "well if they scan and ring up then you can sell then. Picked up the three PS4 games along with the 3DS games and left a happy customer!

I went yesterday and picked up Ocarina of Time, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, and Super Smash Bros. on 3ds for $10. Also got Mega Man Zero Switch, Street Fighter V ps4, and Captain Tsubasa ps4 for $.03. Left a copy of New Super Mario Bros 2 that I might go back and get.

I had all the 3DS games I wanted already, but managed to get Megaman ZX (Switch) and Desperadoes III, Project Cars 3, and Captain Tsubasa (PS4 x3) for a whopping $0.12.

This is why, even though I kind of want to switch to all digital for gaming, it just makes sense to keep aware of physical deals and product, as you'll rarely get so lucky with price glitches and clearances!

Besides all the stuff already posted, I found Narcos: Rise of the Cartels (NSW) for 3 cents. Doesn't seem to come up in Brickseek.

I also found A Hat in Time (NSW) but it was restricted.

Been lazy to go to Wally to check for 3ds games. Jus bought a 2ds from Nintendo store yesterday

They probably sold out already I jus want Pokémon tbh lol

if you have a Wal-Mart that will not allow you to check in the front just because, pick up some produce that needs to be weighed. That can't be done in electronics. 

Random, but for those who like collecting promotional video game items or are a Pokémon fan in need of something costing a few dollars to reach free shipping on an order, the Walmart-exclusive Pokémon Sword & Shield keychain bonus is available to order online for $3.57.

If you click on the link to the product page you'll be redirected to the New Pokémon Snap hub, but if you just click "Add to cart" instead, the keychain will show up in the cart and can be purchased.

(I bought some at the end of last week, but I held off on posting this to make sure they actually shipped and arrived since the keychain seemed like sort of a phantom item on the site.)

Doesn't the regular game patch for free to Welcome Amiibo?
Almost certainly does, yep.
I figured, for $10, I’d grab a copy either way.

EDIT:
Well, I waffled again and didn’t buy ACNL.
But, I grabbed the last two TMNT A1U arcade stools. They’ll stay in box for a while until (someday) when I’ve got arcade game space.

Almost certainly does, yep.
I figured, for $10, I’d grab a copy either way.

EDIT:
Well, I waffled again and didn’t buy ACNL.
But, I grabbed the last two TMNT A1U arcade stools. They’ll stay in box for a while until (someday) when I’ve got arcade game space.
It's available online if you still want to buy it. Here's the link

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Selects-Animal-Crossing-New-Leaf-Welcome-Amiibo-No-Amiibo-Card-Nintendo-Nintendo-3DS-045496744458/484690495

Was able to find pretty much everything I wanted but Wonderful 101, I found a store that had like 8 of them but I got there at store closing and couldn't find anyone to open the case, and by the time I got there the next day they were gone lol, I hope at least someone bought them and they weren't pulled.  If anyone would want to trade something for Wonderful 101 let me know

I'm certain an employee at my home Gamestop store went to Walmart across the street and bought every copy of Codename S.T.E.A.M. lol. I went in to grab a copy of DKC: TF and in the case with the DS/3DS games looked to be about 8 or so cart only copies for $5 pre-owned.

My WM finally dropped some PS4 and Switch games to $.03 and 3DS games to $10, but they also removed them from the floor. The only one left was :ps4: Zombie Army 4, but the worker knew they were delisted and wanted to sell at the last known price of $20.

Yeah, that totally sounds like something an employee would do.
I was just spouting off the first thing that came to mind when I saw it. Checked brickseek and the last reported price for it at that particular Walmart was $11. No way an employee did that. It's just funny how it's on clearance for $1 at certain stores and a few days later I see multiple cart only copies at my home GS store. Ah well, not the first time I've been wrong about something.

See people selling these 3 cent games on Mercari, so
I’m guessing lots of people were able to score I only kno because I see multiple Wasteland 3 for $6 lol

First Wal-Mart I went to had Captain Tsubasa (ps4), Wasteland 3 (xbone) and Desperados 3 (xbone) but the employee refused to sell them. Second store had Majora's Mask and Minecraft, both for 3DS, but they couldn't get the case open.

So pretty typical Wal-Mart stops, all things considered. 

bread's done
Back