Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a Streets of Rage 4 for 3 cents.  I tried to pick up Everspace and The Elder Scrolls Online, but they were both restricted.

Found a good selection at my local walmart. Ended up picking up:
PS5
Puyopuyo Tetris 2 $5
Overcooked All You Can Eat $10
The Pathless $10
PS4
Goosebumps $5

Just found my first ever .03 game.  Spotted a lone copy of Darksiders Genesis for the Switch peeking out from behind a Mario Kart Live box that must have slip through the purge.  Have no real interest in the game but I've finally completed this rite of passage.  Now where do I get my CAG unlock elite card? :D/

Just found my first ever .03 game. Spotted a lone copy of Darksiders Genesis for the Switch peeking out from behind a Mario Kart Live box that must have slip through the purge. Have no real interest in the game but I've finally completed this rite of passage. Now where do I get my CAG unlock elite card? :D/
You need to get yelled at for taking all the copies by someone that doesn't live anywhere near you and get called a dirty reseller first.

Just found my first ever .03 game. Spotted a lone copy of Darksiders Genesis for the Switch peeking out from behind a Mario Kart Live box that must have slip through the purge. Have no real interest in the game but I've finally completed this rite of passage. Now where do I get my CAG unlock elite card? :D/
Dirty Reseller

Dirty Reseller Of The CAG/SD Brethren! 😂😂

If anybody has a Curacao close by and want to get Cyberpunk you can price match BestBuy or Walmart and they give you an extra discount ontop of the price match.

You need to get yelled at for taking all the copies by someone that doesn't live anywhere near you and get called a dirty reseller first.

Dirty Reseller

Dirty Reseller Of The CAG/SD Brethren! 😂😂

If you don't get insulted by $40 an hour Blade you're not a true CAG.
:grouphug:

0zq7ihrvsrq61.jpg

I know Brickseek has been having issues with Walmart, but my local store's listing has said they have 6+ Nest Hub's of both colors for the past six weeks. Makes me wonder if they're just in the back somewhere because I checked all over the floor.

I would try to find someone with a scanner, have them scan the barcode that pops up on brickseek and it should tell them how many units they have "on hand" etc.

When I picked up a nest hub for my in-laws a couple months back they weren't actually visible but in a locked cabinet similar to their hard drive section in stores. I would say ask an associate in electronics to see if you have any luck.

Nonsense! Now that he's infamous, the values are only going to spike! We need to buy up all remaining copies and corner the market!!

On brickseek all the Walmart’s near me have Final Fantasy Zodiac Age on Xbox One for $9.98.
Same here. Missed this post originally but I was out at walmart today and found a copy sitting on the shelf for $9.88. Checked brickseek and every store around me has it at that price (though most are out of stock.)

Was a pleasant surprise, grabbed it for my brother.

Just a note concerning the LG phones, LG has closed their mobile phone division. Basically their newer phones will still be supported (no idea on how long though). If anyone should get one on clearance just make sure that is still supported (i.e. security and firmware/software updates).

That bike looks pretty sharp, none in stock near me. Those wrasslin figures are in stock per brickseek but I couldn't find them on the shelf. I was also with my wife and we were in a bit of a hurry so I could not look too hard
As someone who buys wrestling figures somewhat regularly, I will be shocked if those figures are actually in stock anywhere. Brickseek numbers have been screwed up for them for over a year. Not to mention these specific figures were a special release that tons of stores didn't get in the first place. If they're "in stock", there's an outside chance there might be a shipper just chilling in the back that never went out, but I doubt it.

As someone who buys wrestling figures somewhat regularly, I will be shocked if those figures are actually in stock anywhere. Brickseek numbers have been screwed up for them for over a year. Not to mention these specific figures were a special release that tons of stores didn't get in the first place. If they're "in stock", there's an outside chance there might be a shipper just chilling in the back that never went out, but I doubt it.
A couple stores near me show 6+ for stock, but breekseek does not specify which figures are in stock. Might be a shelf full of Kofi Kingston figures, of which there seems to be hundreds of on the resell sites. May check 1 of the stores to see whats up as a few of the figures seem to rare and pricey.

Games are still out there guys and gals!! My haul this morning! And I just beat out another guy that came in just as I was leaving. He asked to look through all the games I just did lol. I asked him how he'd heard about .03 cent games and he told me some Facebook group. I was thinking he was either from here or SD. There were so many more games but they weren't marked down unfortunately. Mario Color Splash for 39, Pokemon Moon for 31, Hey Pikmin for 32.84 etc. Even had Super Mario All Stars for Wii at $15 on the app but the register blocked it as it must've been marked down to 3 cents in their system.[attachment=35761:20210703_105355.jpg]

Games are still out there guys and gals!! My haul this morning! And I just beat out another guy that came in just as I was leaving. He asked to look through all the games I just did lol. I asked him how he'd heard about .03 cent games and he told me some Facebook group. I was thinking he was either from here or SD. There were so many more games but they weren't marked down unfortunately. Mario Color Splash for 39, Pokemon Moon for 31, Hey Pikmin for 32.84 etc. Even had Super Mario All Stars for Wii at $15 on the app but the register blocked it as it must've been marked down to 3 cents in their system.
attachicon.gif
20210703_105355.jpg
what were the games?

Games are still out there guys and gals!! My haul this morning! And I just beat out another guy that came in just as I was leaving. He asked to look through all the games I just did lol. I asked him how he'd heard about .03 cent games and he told me some Facebook group. I was thinking he was either from here or SD. There were so many more games but they weren't marked down unfortunately. Mario Color Splash for 39, Pokemon Moon for 31, Hey Pikmin for 32.84 etc. Even had Super Mario All Stars for Wii at $15 on the app but the register blocked it as it must've been marked down to 3 cents in their system.
you took off the store location but left the store #

you took off the store location but left the store #
DOH! I'm visiting my sister so if any of you do live down here keep an eye on this store. They have many older games that aren't marked down. The only one I bought full price was Yo Kai Watch Psychic Specters. And yes those were the 3 cent titles I got above.

Nice telling people what they are….
if you are that interested, the upc is right there, take off the first 0 and put it in brickseek. and they are just the same old games that have been listed over and over. darksiders genesis and zombie army 4 for xbox, captain tsubasa for ps4.

bread's done
Back