Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have an android device, you go to Google playstore, manage, click on the app, click on the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and uncheck auto update
Thanks. My auto update was already unchecked. That's good because it would be so infuriating if the app doesn't tell you the item price when you scan it. What is Walmart thinking making the update like that?

Will Target price match a video game for me, if I show them a picture of Walmart's $10 cheaper price?
Just wanted to quote my own post and answer my own question, in an effort to help others that might be curious: at least in my case, it's a yes: Target will gladly price match Walmart's in-store price, provided you show them a picture. No manager or override needed, the guy saw $41.88 on Walmart's tag, and sold me WarioWare for that price. I used the picture from this tweet: https://twitter.com/based_yeezuss/status/1435742955957014533?s=20

No. They go by the price on their scanners which pulls information from Walmart.com, not in store prices.
Mine might have been a one-off case. No idea.

Mine might have been a one-off case. No idea.
It's in their policy what to do and they don't price match in store prices, only supposed to price match online prices shipped and sold by that retailer. An employee may ignore that though or not know that the price is in store only. YMMV as usual though.

How do you guys get it to work. All I get is "app installation failed. The new package has an older version than the currently installed package."

Ive gotten this both before and after I Uninstalled the Walmart app

Edit: NM. I only disabled it. Once I accessed the list of apps, i still had the Uninstall it, and after I did that, it worked.

Yeah I hate the new app. All my saved for later have been deleted plus there was a game discounted by $10 and when I tried to price match they said not sold by Walmart. It didn’t even show who it was sold by but it showed at aisle ** with pick up and delivery options

Amateurs! My score! Been a drought but fir the price was hard to say No.
attachicon.gif
20210915_113927.jpg
Great score! I find it hilarious that even at that price they still felt the need to have it in one of those anti-theft cases.

Not super crazy or anything but I was happy with this score at one local Walmart:

uQ2Cp2M.jpg

Not reproducible though, sorry. Was one of those individual markdowns. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the game either. It was still sealed. Just a little dirty but nothing that some wiping down with a bit of Windex couldn't fix to make it presentable as a gift.

Amateurs! My score! Been a drought but fir the price was hard to say No.
attachicon.gif
20210915_113927.jpg
Is it normal for PS3 gmes to be at that price range? 2 Walmarts near me have lots of good PS3 games but they were in the $10 range which is pretty much what they go for on Ebay without the hassle of going to the store.

Like half a dozen Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls, GTA 5s, Fallout NV GOTY, and other action and figthing games.

They updated the website and I lost my list of saved items that I had for years. :bs:
Yeah I lost all the items I had in the "save for later" section of the cart. On the website anyway. They are still there in the Walmart app at least as I am running a previous version and haven't updated lately.

My Walmart is going though a remodel and for maybe the first time since I've moved here had some games on clearance.

Picked up:

The Pathless PS5 for $18

Nioh PS4 for $5

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 XB1 for $10

Saw:

Overcooked PS5 for $10

Balan Wonderland PS4 for $15

Sims Star Wars bundle $?

Outriders $?

:pc: Desperados 3 PC/Steam seems to be $9.88 at many Walmart locations.

Problem is it doesn't come up on Brickseek at all, even with the item's UPC code. So the only way to check the stock/price that I could think of is to bring up the UPC code on one device/display while using another to scan it with the Walmart app and then checking each store in the area individually by changing the zip code. Some photos of the bar codes to help out in case anyone is interested:

L8b5Rrl.jpg

rQoiXhu.jpg

The record low for the game on the Steam store is $19.99 (which is the current sale) and from what I saw in the history on ITAD that is the lowest it has been outside of what looks to me like either an oddly fluctuating flash sale or a price error on the WinGameStore for some hours back on March 23rd.

Desperados has been $9.88 at my store for a very long time. Same with Recore and Super Lucky's Tale.

I actually got Recore for five bucks a while back.

Desperados has been $9.88 at my store for a very long time. Same with Recore and Super Lucky's Tale.

I actually got Recore for five bucks a while back.
Also Pillars of Eternity II is another old one. Didn't realize Desperados 3 was among them. I guess I missed it. Most of the Walmarts around don't have it and the PC game pickings is pretty slim. Recore was probably a standout deal at the time but nowadays it regularly goes on sale for $5 digitally anyway.

My Walmart is going though a remodel and for maybe the first time since I've moved here had some games on clearance.

Picked up:

The Pathless PS5 for $18

Nioh PS4 for $5

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 XB1 for $10

Saw:

Overcooked PS5 for $10

Balan Wonderland PS4 for $15

Sims Star Wars bundle $?

Outriders $?
It looks like this might be the start of a new clearance round. I went to two different Walmarts near me and both had a bunch of new clearance games, with several of the same at each store. This is just what I remember

PS4

Star Wars : Squadron - $10

Race with Ryan Road Trip: Deluxe Edition - $10

Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted - $10

Kingdom Hearts: The Story So Far - $30

The Dark Pictures: Little Hope - $10

Yakuza: Like a Dragon Day Ichi Steelbook Edition - $10 at one store, $15 at the other

The Outer Worlds - $20

Sekiro - $45

Xbox One

Yakuza: Like a Dragon Day Ichi Steelbookl - $10-$15

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 - $10-15

The Outer Worlds - $20

Control Ultimate Edition - $10

PS5

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 - $10

Nioh Collection - $60

And there were a ton more other than these. I have a habit of completely forgetting games that I already have or aren't at a low enough price for me when I see clearance games like this. All in all, it's not a bad idea to take a trip up to your local Walmart.

It looks like this might be the start of a new clearance round. I went to two different Walmarts near me and both had a bunch of new clearance games, with several of the same at each store. This is just what I remember

PS4

Star Wars : Squadron - $10

Race with Ryan Road Trip: Deluxe Edition - $10

Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted - $10

Kingdom Hearts: The Story So Far - $30

The Dark Pictures: Little Hope - $10

Yakuza: Like a Dragon Day Ichi Steelbook Edition - $10 at one store, $15 at the other

The Outer Worlds - $20

Sekiro - $45

Xbox One

Yakuza: Like a Dragon Day Ichi Steelbookl - $10-$15

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 - $10-15

The Outer Worlds - $20

PS5

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 - $10

Nioh Collection - $60

And there were a ton more other than these. I have a habit of completely forgetting games that I already have or aren't at a low enough price for me when I see clearance games like this. All in all, it's not a bad idea to take a trip up to your local Walmart.
Day ichi is a steal at that price. Did you end up picking up a copy? If so can you post the UPC? I'm having trouble finding the steelbook version.

I know this is the wrong Thread. I just went to Kohls and saw Animal Crossing NH on clearance for 29.99 I am in Charleston, SC. [attachment=36136:20210926_141404.jpg]

I know this is the wrong Thread. I just went to Kohls and saw Animal Crossing NH on clearance for 29.99 I am in Charleston, SC.
attachicon.gif
20210926_141404.jpg
Lucky you! Unfortunately the Kohls stores around here are super barebones when it comes to video games and unless you want an overpriced copy of Lego Batman 2 for Wii U there is nothing much to see.

No luck with any of these either. Although i can't check the app anymore since it force updated the app on my phone the last time i was there. Some of these had clearance stickers on them but they were higher than all the prices listed above

bread's done
Back