Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
All this commotion over a mid game like Far Cry that's going to be on sale for cheaper within a month.

There was a price error on Amazon? I don't remember ever seeing that

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
At first I thought he simply price matched with Amazon but I don't think Amazon price matches so I don't know what he means. A good thing to do with mistakes like this is to price match it to a competitor. In my experience, the competitor won't know if it's an error or not and it's always worked for me. I ordered from Walmart this time because I had a gift card and I did end up with the Gold edition for the $65 total even if I had to call up and return the standard.

So... not only does the Walmart app no longer work on my old phone... but now my main store has all the price check machines gone.   What a pain.

It was a headache but after finally getting my order today it was the standard edition, and damaged. Spent an hour with customer service just trying to get them to send me the right item and instead now they are refunding me, told me to keep the plain edition, sent me a $25 off of $45 promo code, and once the refund clears I can talk to somebody about re-ordering the gold edition with a price match (not gonna do that, pushing it way too far). so basically for letting walmart hold on to $64 for 8 months I got a free damaged standard edition of the game and some cloth thingy. 

So... not only does the Walmart app no longer work on my old phone... but now my main store has all the price check machines gone. What a pain.
I'm still not sure if they're intentionally making it impossible to check in-store prices or not

Meanwhile, the Targets in my city have been putting in fancy new price scanners

If checking prices is supposed to be a Walmart+ value add, it's almost certainly an intentional roadblock.
I could definitely see them doing that, but I think the current workaround of using Scan & Go as a price checker is just a sort of unintended secondary use of the feature. But if they notice people signing up for Walmart+ just to use it for that then... RIP

Spotted some clearance Switch controllers:

VF31It1.jpg

I'm still not sure if they're intentionally making it impossible to check in-store prices or not

Meanwhile, the Targets in my city have been putting in fancy new price scanners
No Targets here... but the ones I've visited were always good to at least have a couple price scanners between toys and electronics.

I'm getting a new phone in a couple weeks through work (shipping delays)... but I noticed last night that the Amazon app also no longer works on anything lower than ios13 (iphone 6s and up) yet the Amazon Music app still works fine. So a little less odd about Walmart doing it... though that doesn't matter if the new app has issues with price checking.

Ultimately what this means for me is if I find something odd in the store and there's no price (wrong location, no sticker on shelf, etc)... I'm probably just not going to bother buying it if it's more of a whim purchase. I've been mainly aiming for self checkout since the pandemic started and there's no way to really price check at the checkout without just scanning and then waving someone over to remove an item due to price... and I'm just not willing to waste my time doing that in most situations since I mainly go there to grocery shop and get other odds and ends at the same time.

The gold one is showing up as $14.81 at a Walmart 13 miles away from me and $21.54 at my local walmart both in stock. I would bite on the $14 on if it was closer. I have too many Switch controllers already.
I’m actually seeing both in stock for $14.81 and $6.22 respectively at my closest store, which is a surprise as my local Walmart is well know as a clearance wasteland. Interestingly enough, a WM about 30 miles away has the gold wireless controller for $11, but it’s not worth the drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got back from a trip to my nearest in an attempt for a couple of the wireless gold Zelda controllers.  I was just there a couple of days ago & I knew they had like 20 of them & brickseek was saying they were now $14.81.  However it seems someone beat me to the punch as most of them were cleared out.  I don't think it was a El Hoardo as we know they never leave anything behind & there were 4 left. 

I picked up one to keep, one to trade, left the other two for a fellow weary adventurer to find.  I was also suprised to find that they were acurately marked at $14.81.

I was able to get the gold Zelda Wireless controller for $17.05 at a Walmart I don't usually go to often. Brickseek was accurate that they had two or three in stock for said price. Thanks CAGS!

Meh, unless the video is from Nihongo...... ah hell. And I had been looking at it too.
Figured I can spend less on a Brook Adaptor to use other controllers I have versus even throwing down $24-42 for the Raion. The ton of listings for Refurbs on Newegg & Amazon are telling with this one & even Markman has stated it will take some getting used to (and the dude is on the box lol).

I almost put on pants to go get one as my local store has 6 for $37, but then I saw it doesn't support Xbox Wireless. Thanks for the heads up tho!
I believe the 7x does work wirelessly for xbox. it's the 7p that needs wired to the xbox controller. also, if you buy multiples you could flip one my way and make yourself a quick profit. lol

I looked for the gold wireless zelda controllers at a walmart and zip from the morning and the closest Gamestop to that close and they had 5 them just traded in. 

I was able to secure an Arctis 7X from a store that stated Out of Stock on Brickseek (it was hiding on the back of the shelf) last night, but noticed the following on clearance:

:xb1: Seagate Game Drive 500 GB SSD w/2 Months of Gamepass $59.99

:xb1: Seagate Game Drive Hub 8 TB $136.51 ($46.75 @ some stores)

:ps4: Dualshock 4 BackButton Attachment $4.99

:ps4: RIG 500 PRO HS Gaming Headset $46.92 ($17.25 @ some stores) 

Definitely recommend that Backbutton Attachment. Use my Dualshock 4 with this attachment more than the Astro C40 that I paid full price for. The two extra buttons really help with some games...

Found a yellow switch Rock Candy controller for $4.97. Looked on Brickseek and it seems there are various colors from like $4.97 to $11 something. It's a little on the small side but seems like a totally serviceable controller. Perfect for visiting cousins or something.

Found a yellow switch Rock Candy controller for $4.97. Looked on Brickseek and it seems there are various colors from like $4.97 to $11 something. It's a little on the small side but seems like a totally serviceable controller. Perfect for visiting cousins or something.
Depends on the actual size and personal definition/preference of "small". Is it small like the mini n64 and mini gc controllers were? as those things were definitely made for young children.

Thanks for sharing btw. Hopefully i can find one in a decent color. Granted I don't know what the yellow ones look like but I'd prefer to not have more pink ones but that's practically the only color the nearest walmart ever has :/. Never used a switch variant. I had an xbox one and it didn't last very long.

Also really annoyed with the pdp whatever clear "ps4" controller I picked up. It apparently doesn't work on my ps4 for whatever reason. But does work on a phat ps3 so it's whatever. If nothing else I do like that it takes AA batteries since that sure as hell lasts longer than a ps4 controllers battery normally does for me even with the light bar dimmed and stuff.

Depends on the actual size and personal definition/preference of "small". Is it small like the mini n64 and mini gc controllers were? as those things were definitely made for young children.

Thanks for sharing btw. Hopefully i can find one in a decent color. Granted I don't know what the yellow ones look like but I'd prefer to not have more pink ones but that's practically the only color the nearest walmart ever has :/. Never used a switch variant. I had an xbox one and it didn't last very long.

Also really annoyed with the pdp whatever clear "ps4" controller I picked up. It apparently doesn't work on my ps4 for whatever reason. But does work on a phat ps3 so it's whatever. If nothing else I do like that it takes AA batteries since that sure as hell lasts longer than a ps4 controllers battery normally does for me even with the light bar dimmed and stuff.
They're definitely smaller than the Power A wired Switch controllers and the Rock candy Xbox One controllers but not by a huge difference.

I got a PS4 Back Button adapter for $5, thanks!  I debated about Power A controllers, but I already have two sets of Joycons, two Pro Controllers, and 8Bitdo Pro+, so I think I'm covered.

My Walmart has Xbox Elite Ver 2 controllers for $98.  I debated about it, but I don't think I can spend $100 on a fancier gamepad...

I snagged a pair of the gold Zelda switch controllers for $11.22 at my local store. They also had some red pokemon wired controller for $5.

I believe the 7x does work wirelessly for xbox. it's the 7p that needs wired to the xbox controller. also, if you buy multiples you could flip one my way and make yourself a quick profit. lol
Yeah but with an adapter, not native wireless.

And eh on the flipping, I make $15/hr at one job and $20/hr at the other two so I'm not that motivated :p

Yeah but with an adapter, not native wireless.

And eh on the flipping, I make $15/hr at one job and $20/hr at the other two so I'm not that motivated :p
I have the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2's and Arctis Steel Series 7X and I GREATLY prefer the SS 7X. The connection on the TB is native but the quality isn't the greatest. It starts to cut out if you don't interact with your controller for a few seconds as well as sporadically for no reason at all. Never had any issues with the 7X outside of the fact that I wish they were a bit louder. The 7X are also the most comfortable gaming headset I've ever used.

I use steelseries headphones all the time, I swear by them, if somebody finds multiples of the 7x's at that deep of a discount let me know. I'd be willing to make it worth your while. 

To the miserable piece of work that showed up 10 minutes ago to the Walmart in Frederick MD and bought ALL 5 they have in stock, leaving zero for people like myself:

I hope you get herpes and step on a rusty nail. That is all.

To the miserable piece of work that showed up 10 minutes ago to the Walmart in Frederick MD and bought ALL 5 they have in stock, leaving zero for people like myself:

I hope you get herpes and step on a rusty nail. That is all.
The sad thing is that if you posted that on (some other site,) you'd probably get banned. Here, we just want to buy you a beer and pat you on the back and let you know that we understand.

I was able to secure an Arctis 7X from a store that stated Out of Stock on Brickseek (it was hiding on the back of the shelf) last night, but noticed the following on clearance:

:xb1: Seagate Game Drive 500 GB SSD w/2 Months of Gamepass $59.99

:ps4: RIG 500 PRO HS Gaming Headset $46.92 ($17.25 @ some stores)

Definitely recommend that Backbutton Attachment. Use my Dualshock 4 with this attachment more than the Astro C40 that I paid full price for. The two extra buttons really help with some games...
2 Walmarts within 9 miles of me show the 500GB SSD in stock for $59. Debating on whether or not I want to try and score one. Half off is tempting but the games played straight off the SSD won't benefit from the Series X optimized games load times but will be better than an HDD. I will research how this SSD. Have there been any other deals on external SSDs or is this $59 500GB with 2 months of GP the best so far?

:xb1: Seagate Game Drive 500 GB SSD w/2 Months of Gamepass $59.99
:ps4: RIG 500 PRO HS Gaming Headset $46.92 ($17.25 @ some stores)

Thanks for the heads up on the hard drive!

Also, despite what the box and such say, just want to make it clear that the codes I got were actually Gamepass Ultimate codes.

I was two days away from running out and now I am good through the holidays so it is much appreciated. 😃

2 Walmarts within 9 miles of me show the 500GB SSD in stock for $59. Debating on whether or not I want to try and score one. Half off is tempting but the games played straight off the SSD won't benefit from the Series X optimized games load times but will be better than an HDD. I will research how this SSD. Have there been any other deals on external SSDs or is this $59 500GB with 2 months of GP the best so far?
If I had my choice, I would take the 1 TB SSD over the the 500GB as its only an additional $40 currently. I didn't purchase either drive as I already have 2 external drives for the Series X already (which is the max). My thing is if there is a non-optimized game that I wanted to take advantage of a speeder load time, I simply move it over to my Series X Internal Drive instead. I wouldn't be playing enough non optimized games to take advantage of the speed difference, but for people with a ton of Xbox One & 360 games this would be viable.

bread's done
Back