Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Second WalMart was a homerun. PS5 Immortals, Overcooked, Puyo Puyo 2. PS4 Like a Dragon steelbook, Uncharted Legacy. SWITCH Lucky's Tales and Balan (last one more like a sacrifice fly). No Nioh collection unfortunately.

Mountain View, CA here. BS says out of stock but there are at least 2-3 copies of Nioh Collection there. It is under lock and key and still says regular price but when you check out it comes out as $7.

My Local store came through. Lithia Springs Thornton rd, GA

I picked up the following and what was left when I went left at 6:30 est. The clerk was well aware of the clearance prices. He said he set some stuff aside for himself as he was changing the prices. 

PS5:

Just Dance 2021 - 4 left

Devil May Cry SE - 4 left

Puyo Tetris 2 - 2 left

Super Cross 4 - 3 left

Immortals - 2 left

The Pathless x 2 - 0 left

Nioh Collection x 2 - 0 left

Fortnite - 3 left

PS4:

Iron man VR - 2 left

Yakuza Dragon Steel Book - 0 left, but 4 regular ones left

Balan - 7 left

Switch:

Indivisible - 0 left

Balan - 10 left

Puyo Tetris 2 - 4 left

Lucky Tale - 0 left

My Local store came through. Lithia Springs Thornton rd, GA

I was picked up the following and what was left when I went left at 6:30 est. The clerk was well aware of the clearance prices. He said he set some stuff aside for himself as he was changing the prices.

PS5:
Just Dance 2021 - 4 left
Devil May Cry SE - 4 left
Puyo Tetris 2 - 2 left
Super Cross 4 - 3 left
Immortals - 2 left
The Pathless x 2 - 0 left
Nioh Collection x 2 - 0 left
Fortnite - 3 left

PS4:
Iron man VR - 2 left
Yakuza Dragon Steel Book - 0 left, but 4 regular ones left
Balan - 7 left

Switch:
Indivisible - 0 left
Balan - 10 left
Puyo Tetris 2 - 4 left
Lucky Tale - 0 left
Lucky take on switch is a really fun platformer. It's not Mario Odyssey good but I enjoyed my time with it

Went to Walmart for Immortals. Brickseek was showing 5-6.

Dude there tried to refuse sale saying, “It’s only $4 on Black Friday. We can’t sell them now”. They has a stack of about 8 locked in the little cage behind the register where the cameras and stuff are usually.

So I pushed a bit and said, “fine. I’ll buy it for whatever price it is now”

They got upset and agitated.

It rung up $4…….

Went to Walmart for Immortals. Brickseek was showing 5-6.

Dude there tried to refuse sale saying, “It’s only $4 on Black Friday. We can’t sell them now”. They has a stack of about 8 locked in the little cage behind the register where the cameras and stuff are usually.

So I pushed a bit and said, “fine. I’ll buy it for whatever price it is now”

They got upset and agitated.

It rung up $4…….
How does it even matter to him what you buy it for!

There’s a stack of niohs at the garden grove Walmart in ca if you guys are looking. Only place I’ve had luck so far.
That's one I was going to go to but decided on the Buena Park, Anaheim and Santa Ana ones. Is it the collection or Nioh 2 because I was able to find Nioh 2 but not the collection. Did they happen to have Immortals or The Pathless too?

Went to a store that said Out Of Stock for Nioh and Immortals Fenyx, found 1 lone copy Nioh and 2 Immortals Fenyx. No DMC at this store. I left 1 Immortal Fenyx copy for anyone who wants it. They also have 1 or 2 Death Stranding copies near the camera counter behind the register.

This is the Walmart on Coit and Arapaho in Dallas

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

That's one I was going to go to but decided on the Buena Park, Anaheim and Santa Ana ones. Is it the collection or Nioh 2 because I was able to find Nioh 2 but not the collection. Did they happen to have Immortals or The Pathless too?
Lol you went to all the ones I went to as well. It’s the collection is go grab some if you want it before the employees take them. It doesn’t show the price clearanced and it’s still behind the glass. There was a stack there though.

Also Buena Park has some of the games but the guy at the register didn’t want to check me out for whatever reason.

Lol you went to all the ones I went to as well. It’s the collection is go grab some if you want it before the employees take them. It doesn’t show the price clearanced and it’s still behind the glass. There was a stack there though.

Also Buena Park has some of the games but the guy at the register didn’t want to check me out for whatever reason.
I went to Buena Park yesterday. Made a post about it. He knew all about the clearance games. He opened the games case and sold them to me no problem. He was a younger kid. Not sure I want to drive to GG(I'm in SA) to maybe get that one game. BS is showing 6+ Immortals in stock. Hmmm

I went to Buena Park yesterday. Made a post about it. He knew all about the clearance games. He opened the games case and sold them to me no problem. He was a younger kid. Not sure I want to drive to GG(I'm in SA) to maybe get that one game.
There was another guy who wouldn’t sell anything. Did they have dmc still at that location I might have to go back.

They didn’t have immortals either unless they moved it some where else

There was another guy who wouldn’t sell anything. Did they have dmc still at that location I might have to go back.
According to BS, yes for $3.50 but I wasn't looking for it yesterday so I don't know. There are a lot of games on the list and it kept growing so there was no way for me to check for every single one. I don't understand why he wouldn't sell you the games. You went to the lockup and asked for those games and he said no? If they are on the floor and the system rings them up, you should have been able to buy them. I would have definitely talked to a manager.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=294963278

According to BS, yes for $3.50 but I wasn't looking for it yesterday so I don't know. There are a lot of games on the list and it kept growing so there was no way for me to check for every single one. I don't understand why he wouldn't sell you the games. You went to the lockup and asked for those games and he said no? If they are on the floor and the system rings them up, you should have been able to buy them. I would have definitely talked to a manager.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=294963278
I’ll have to check again tomorrow, he was being super rude. There was another guy trying to get death stranding but, he refused to scan it with the register and kept using the hand device. Who knows. I’m gonna go try another place by where I used to live if I get another nioh I’ll let you know.

I’ll have to check again tomorrow, he was being super rude. There was another guy trying to get death stranding but, he refused to scan it with the register and kept using the hand device. Who knows. I’m gonna go try another place by where I used to live if I get another nioh I’ll let you know.
BS says that GG also has Immortals so I wish I would have went there. You should have spoken to a manager for sure. That makes no sense.

Just traded $72 worth of clearance games to Gamestop for $208.20 store credit.
gallery_111150_6670_1370780271_19317.jpg

Highly ymmv with certain locations. Some will have the games still marked up high and refuse to adjust. If they cannot do such,even with supervisor do not argue but rather move onto next location

Is anyone else seeing brickseek say a store has 4+ of nearly all of these games discounted but nothing actually shows up in store? I haven’t seen the numbers change in days either for the ones I was most interested in

Is anyone else seeing brickseek say a store has 4+ of nearly all of these games discounted but nothing actually shows up in store? I haven’t seen the numbers change in days either for the ones I was most interested in
Yes, happened to me with Immortals and another game. The guy told me that Immortals was in the back ready to be shipped to Ubisoft and he couldn't sell it.

Highly ymmv with certain locations. Some will have the games still marked up high and refuse to adjust. If they cannot do such,even with supervisor do not argue but rather move onto next location
That's not how this works. In store clearance are not universal. There is no "refuse to adjust", there is nothing to adjust or change on their end. The price is what it is until it is marked down, sometimes they aren't marked down too.

I really hope you didn't ask for a supervisor for this, when they don't control the clearance price nor can they just mark down stuff just because other stores have it on clearance.

Brickseek said my local Walmart had 2-3 of the Switch games in stock, for $4 - $5 each.

The Walmart did have those games in stock -- but they were still $30 each.

I know that item counts are iffy with Brickseek, but I wasn't aware that their store pricing was off as well.  I always thought Brickseek was pulling Walmart pricing from the website or something like that.

Holy smokes. I never ever get in on any Walmart clearance deals so I was shocked when I walked in and everything was marked wrong (but rang up right)

Picked up:
Nioh collection
Immortals
Madden 21
Puyo puyo Tetris 2
Devil may cry 5 SE (this was $3.50 for me not the reported 3 cents)
Planet coaster
The pathless

Control ultimate Xbox

Iron man VR
Yakuza
Balan wonderworld
Nioh 2
Horizon complete

Balan wonderworld switch

For the reported prices. I left a ton of copies of all behind, I was shocked no one raided this store. Oh indivisible switch rang up $33 for me.

Holy smokes. I never ever get in on any Walmart clearance deals so I was shocked when I walked in and everything was marked wrong (but rang up right)

Picked up:
Nioh collection
Immortals
Madden 21
Puyo puyo Tetris 2
Devil may cry 5 SE (this was $3.50 for me not the reported 3 cents)
Planet coaster
The pathless

Control ultimate Xbox

Iron man VR
Yakuza
Balan wonderworld
Nioh 2
Horizon complete

Balan wonderworld switch

For the reported prices. I left a ton of copies of all behind, I was shocked no one raided this store. Oh indivisible switch rang up $33 for me.
the PS4 version was 3 cents. the one you got (PS5 version) was price correctly at $3.50

Got just about everything I wanted except dmc5 se. the store with 3-4 in stock had removed them so I got control UE. Have one more store to check tomorrow for it. Ended up with:

Nioh collection
Nioh 2
MLB 21 steelbook
Death stranding
Uncharted LL
Iron man vr
Control UE
Chivalry 2 ($15)
2K21
Madden 21
Horizon complete
Just dance 2021
Fenyx

Also picked up guardians of th galaxy because it looks dope

Got very lucky most games you guys posted were at the furthest Walmart in my city and I almost went in the morning but something told me to just got then but as I was checking the inventory I noticed this one dude also looking then get in line so I followed and sure enough he asked to go to the games but I also asserted myself and was like I need games too when dude went to unlock so I was luckily able to get the two games I wanted and a few copies for friends then dude went to town and got everything else haha

Brickseek said my local Walmart had 2-3 of the Switch games in stock, for $4 - $5 each.

The Walmart did have those games in stock -- but they were still $30 each.

I know that item counts are iffy with Brickseek, but I wasn't aware that their store pricing was off as well. I always thought Brickseek was pulling Walmart pricing from the website or something like that.
Did you check them all manually at the register?

Was able to get some games at my store. None were marked, but a really helpful clerk scanned a few for me. She started to get excited as we were standing there and started scanning nearly all the games in the cabinet. She would yell out anytime she found one on clearance. Was actually a fun experience.

Was able to get Nioh Collction, The Pathless, Yakuza Steelbook, Immortals, Puyo Puyo, some Fortnite codes for the nephews and a few others. Also a few Wii U titles Tokyo Mirage and Bayonetta 2! Willing to trade if anyone is interested. Bayonetta 2 has already been claimed by the girlfriend though.

bread's done
Back