Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you heard of gifts? Or trading? Yeah I didn't think so. I'm a long time member here and have traded with many other CAGS. Go back under your rock.
Buying out a store means nothing if you're trading those games over $4 they cost you. Just scalping/flipping by any other name.

This is CAG, other sites for flippers. Leave games for others to get cheap.

I struck out too, but I don't blame other people just because they got there first..
Truth
Have you heard of gifts? Or trading? Yeah I didn't think so. I'm a long time member here and have traded with many other CAGS. Go back under your rock.
People are confusing hoarder and flipper.
Buying out a store means nothing if you're trading those games over $4 they cost you. Just scalping/flipping by any other name.
I see just as much scalping & flipping on CAG as on any other site. Just saying. There are guys in this thread asking people to help them get clearance games who openly brag about how many PS5's they were able to flip. Lol!

I see just as much scalping & flipping on CAG as on any other site. Just saying. There are guys in this thread asking people to help them get clearance games who openly brag about how many PS5's they were able to flip. Lol!
I guess I don't see as much in the boards I frequent. Seeing places where people try to flip the $4 for $20 and get ran out. Makes me happy.

Buy what you want to play, not what you want to sell.

Truth
People are confusing hoarder and flipper.
I honestly have less of a problem with scalpers on here than SD. At least the folks here know about games. Over there they just find whatever. Someone added me to a Walmart clearance group several years ago and apparently they clearanced out big hams lately. You’d see these folks with SUVs full of cheap hams. Why? Who knows, probably el hoardo’s sister

I guess I don't see as much in the boards I frequent. Seeing places where people try to flip the $4 for $20 and get ran out. Makes me happy.
Buy what you want to play, not what you want to sell.
I understand. That's a noble way of thinking. Scalpers are here for sure. As long as a person doesn't clear out the stock and leave some for others I don't see a problem with them selling. On a lighter note who's really trying to play those $4 Balan Wonderworlds. Lol!

I honestly have less of a problem with scalpers on here than SD. At least the folks here know about games. Over there they just find whatever. Someone added me to a Walmart clearance group several years ago and apparently they clearanced out big hams lately. You’d see these folks with SUVs full of cheap hams. Why? Who knows, probably el hoardo’s sister
Ha! Yeah that's crazy. I feel ya though. Hopefully she donated them to her church or something.

Why does it seem like as the clearance drop winds down people who were slow  on getting out fall back on the old El Hoardo complaining? I spent $41 on games with this drop and I have some duplicates..   now if I wanted to sell a few duplicates and recoup my $41 why is that a problem to people? Just go to the gamestop page and you will see this site is no better with trading selling flipping whatever its called now. That page is all about flipping and has been given a free pass..  go there and complain

Why does it seem like as the clearance drop winds down people who were slow on getting out fall back on the old El Hoardo complaining? I spent $41 on games with this drop and I have some duplicates.. now if I wanted to sell a few duplicates and recoup my $41 why is that a problem to people? Just go to the gamestop page and you will see this site is no better with trading selling flipping whatever its called now. That page is all about flipping and has been given a free pass.. go there and complain
It's fine.

Just don't post a greed haul pic and then complain about "El Hoardo scooping up everything" at a store. It makes a person sound like an idiot.

At all of my sites and stores the people that whine and accuse the most about flippers are usually the biggest resellers themselves. Consider themselves "collectors" when everyone else is a dirty scalper! It's ridiculous. It's also a red flag for me when people talk that way. Talk about a giant dissociative personalty defect.

I went in for a score yesterday, found several things, and there was this older woman this with a giant cartload of 20+ games and some clearance toys. She engaged me, I was ready to judge her, but then she turned out to be a really sweet lady and was happy to share with me a $2 copy of Death Stranding. She was perfectly happy to discuss and share clearance finds from the lockup. We both had fun and scored a nice haul.

My haul from yesterday:

vg-haul-10-29-21.jpg

vg-haul-10-29-21-2.jpg

I'm taking a vacation to Florida with the cats. 

How do you know I didn't? Just because I posted a photo with a few multiples doesn't mean I didn't leave any behind. It also doesn't mean I'm flipping them either. There are too many newbs on CAG anymore that just cry and don't contribute. Someone asked about XB1 games so I posted what I found. If I'm going to get called out for hoarding or flipping then I guess I'll stop contributing myself. I even said I'm willing to trade and have in the past so all you haters can go cry to your mom. I'm sick of all this negative BS!!

Checked a store for Yakuza and Immortals for PS4 today. BS showed they were out of stock at $4. They had one copy of Immortals and 3 copies of Yakuza (one Day Ichi Steelbook and two regular) in the case. They both rang up full price at $40 and $30 respectively so I had to pass. I’ll try a couple more nearby stores tomorrow or Monday and see if anything turns up.

El Hoardo beat me there by 30 minutes so I missed out on Yakuza (dammit), but dipshit didn't look to see if any of the clearance games were still in their slots and missed Nioh 2.

I’m in western new york, and I cleaned out every store I could. I dont even care about games or flipping, I just like reading all the fan mail on here.

If you are wondering what I do with the games, well, you havent lived until you’re sent a stack of mlb and yakuza steelbooks through a wood chipper.

Went to a walmart right outside of my city, they had 1 nioh collection left and 2 dmc 5 s. They were under alot of games in the glass door like they were hidden. I seen a inch to a less inch of nioh but I knew it was it. BS said there was none in stock but I went anyways and found it while the 2 out 4 walmarts in my city said they did have some in stock but didn't. They had alot of Spiderman like way to many I wonder if they were a hidden mark down considering the amount.

Had the inside scoop before this deal was announced and was bought out the entire inventory of 5 different stores around me of all the games that were $4 and less as part of a donation effort.  All these were donated to kids in need yesterday.  It always puts a smile on my face because the local scalpers start SEETHING with rage.  They never had a chance.  Poor neckbeards are probably still in tears over it.  

Stopped at an out of town store while having a little automotive maintenance.  All games were actually tagged on the shelf. Picked up:

Immortals Fenyx Rising  :ps4:  $4

Control Ultimate Edition  :xb1:  $3

The Pathless PS5 $4

Saw an empty spot for the $7  Nioh collection. Ouch.

Also Saw Ace Combat 7  :ps4:  at $16.  Meh.

Now have two copies of The Pathless and one each of Immortals in PS4 and PS5.  And I only bought the extras because there were still additional copies available on the shelf after getting them.  Could be convinced to trade a copy of Pathless or Immortals PS5 to those in need.

Stopped at an out of town store while having a little automotive maintenance. All games were actually tagged on the shelf. Picked up:

Immortals Fenyx Rising :ps4: $4

Control Ultimate Edition :xb1: $3

The Pathless PS5 $4

Saw an empty spot for the $7 Nioh collection. Ouch.

Also Saw Ace Combat 7 :ps4: at $16. Meh.

Now have two copies of The Pathless and one each of Immortals in PS4 and PS5. And I only bought the extras because there were still additional copies available on the shelf after getting them. Could be convinced to trade a copy of Pathless or Immortals PS5 to those in need.
I am interested in both games. Check my sig gametz for games I have to trade thanks.

Ehh im not mad at him.. There are plenty of real issues out there to worry about and get upset over some dude making a few bucks off of games he got cheap... We all had to go to Walmarts all over the country to get these deals so did any of us really win?
We all got scammed. Only thing I could find was nioh I was debating on buying them all but I didn’t want to be that guy.

here is your el hoardo, just a sweet cat lady trying to make a living....

weirdest thing is with the prices, even assuming they got them all for $2 to $4, just doesn't seem worth the trouble.

In every clearance like this there are games people want and there are games that are just good to flip. I don't see anyone asking for Just Dances or Balan. Flip them. No one really cares. Be nice, share, trade, donate.  

I have an extra Planet Coaster, Puyo Puyo Tetris (ps5) and Death stranding for trade.

here is your el hoardo, just a sweet cat lady trying to make a living....

weirdest thing is with the prices, even assuming they got them all for $2 to $4, just doesn't seem worth the trouble.
looks like she lives in the clearance isle
doesnt this stuff pull more on amazon or is the ungating that rough

I have an extra Nioh Collection, Fenyx for PS4, and a few Death Stranding for PS4. Looking for The Pathless PS5.

Hmm.

Yesterday, I checked my local Walmart -- they had Balan Wonderworld and Puyo Tetris for the Switch in stock. Brickseek showed both at $4 at the store, but the electronics register doing a price checked showed them at full price.

I stopped by again today when picking something up, and took one more look -- Tetris was gone, but Balan was there.  This time, it rang up for $4 instead of the $30 it was yesterday.

Odd.

My walmart had a copy of Octopath traveler but brickseek said it was $50 so I didn't bother. Grabbed a bunch of ps4/ps5 games and now my collection is much bigger thank you guys for sharing.

How do you know I didn't? Just because I posted a photo with a few multiples doesn't mean I didn't leave any behind. It also doesn't mean I'm flipping them either. There are too many newbs on CAG anymore that just cry and don't contribute. Someone asked about XB1 games so I posted what I found. If I'm going to get called out for hoarding or flipping then I guess I'll stop contributing myself. I even said I'm willing to trade and have in the past so all you haters can go cry to your mom. I'm sick of all this negative BS!!
I complain in both quite often. And it's not as much of a complaint as it is voicing my opinion on how resellers and scalpers are scumbags.

You don't have to brag about your hauls and how much you resell for. People who do that open themselves up to criticism for being shitbags who prey on other consumers. Thinking you can say whatever you want and be impervious to criticism over it is a big issue these days. People need to start growing up and accepting that consequences are tied to their actions.

I'm not mad at people who resell and flip, but I do have an opinion about them. And I get to voice that opinion as part of the same set of freedoms that allowed them to buy out a store and then brag about it to strangers for some unknown reason. This post is to hopefully help folks understand that you don't need to get upset and fight over other people's opinions. There will always be people who don't agree with what you do, and that's perfectly okay.

"$45 an hour, still working from home and taking naps in the afternoon" Blade, signing off.

If people want to flip or resell these games for less than MSRP, more power to them. If they do the legwork I suppose they've earned the profit. I'm too lazy to buy up games and sell them at less than RRP (also I have a job). Scalpers on the the other hand, the people that are price gouging are where I draw the line and take issue as they are artificially inflating the cost of the product (i.e. PS5/XSX sports cards etc.).

I always miss these sales :( I did try to get Super Luckys Tale and and Nioh 2, but the store didnt have it after brickseek said there were plenty in stock. I am going to try one more time today for death stranding, but I'm not holding out hope.

I always miss these sales :( I did try to get Super Luckys Tale and and Nioh 2, but the store didnt have it after brickseek said there were plenty in stock. I am going to try one more time today for death stranding, but I'm not holding out hope.
Nioh 2 was still in it's spot in the locked cabinet for me.

A store that hadn’t dropped prices yet updated overnight and got a great score this morning of immortals, nioh collection, balan wonderworld, death stranding, just dance 2021 and NBA 2k21

"$45 an hour, still working from home and taking naps in the afternoon" Blade, signing off.
So years of criticizing others on here while bragging about how much you make, this time actually telling us. News flash... we don't care. Seems that you forgot you logged onto Cheapassgamer. Maybe stay logged off for good and look for another job that pays more. Because I guarantee there's people on here that make more without being a douchebag about it.

bread's done
Back