Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
So no more $3 games at Walmart now that Black Friday deals started I’m guessing? I just checked my Walmart and the shelves are half empty. Asked an employee for clearance section and told me they moved it again but don’t know where

Michigan. From my testing on Brickseek, the store in Jackson, MI seems to be doing many of the same deals or better. Zip there is 49202. Intergrade is showing up as only $10 there and with 3-4 in stock!
anyone else getting this price in local stores I get the red bar of death when searching on BS

DMC for Motocross 4?
Hi, sorry, I traded what I had listed in to Gamestop last night, with exception of Madden. Got $48 trade in credit and bought DMC for $30. I was getting impatient and didn’t want to miss the 50% bonus for trade ins. Totally would’ve done that trade! Thanks anyways!

Hi, sorry, I traded what I had listed in to Gamestop last night, with exception of Madden. Got $48 trade in credit and bought DMC for $30. I was getting impatient and didn’t want to miss the 50% bonus for trade ins. Totally would’ve done that trade! Thanks anyways!
No problem.

Any chance of some of these black Friday games going on clearance after black Friday as to clearing out space or something
Walmart is notorious for leaving copies of recent releases at MSRP after Christmas, so I wouldn't think so.

At my local store, they always put colored stickers on the games on Black Friday to denote what price ranges they fall into. And I've found those copies of the games with the colored stickers on them mixed in with the other games on the shelves months and years later.

Found a Steelseries Arctis 7x headset this morning for $40.  Brickseek said Out of Stock for a few weeks now.  I spotted one on a clearance island endcap when it was $74 two weeks ago, but passed then.  This one was in the case behind the Arctis 9s.  One thing crossed off the Black Friday list!  

Just went to a Walmart that still had Nioh 2 for $2. Was checking for FF7R PS5 and Neo TWEWY since some were saying those were on clearance. Both stores I checked didn't have Neo, one had Remake but it scanned $45 in the app

Found the following this morning:

:switch:  Power A Wireless Controller Link Gold $21 (as low as $12.57 on Brickseek)

:ps4: :pc: Corsair Void RGB Elite Wireless Silver Edition $50

Bought the Corsair headset to replace the same headset I picked up on a deal from ages ago from Best Buy for $10. I wound up using it as my PC and Work headset for years but the battery eventually died. I had been using it wired for a year or two, but this deal will fix that issue. Headset has been very durable otherwise through hundreds of hours of use & comes highly recommended...

Just went to a Walmart that still had Nioh 2 for $2. Was checking for FF7R PS5 and Neo TWEWY since some were saying those were on clearance. Both stores I checked didn't have Neo, one had Remake but it scanned $45 in the app
Woah where’d u find the cheap games? Clearance section? Shelf?

Are people still doing trades on here for the clearance games? If so, does anyone have an extra pathless they would trade for a NioH collection ?

Where you heard that from about FF7R being on a clearance. You shouldve had them scan it just incase unless the app really is fixed now

Can anyone please tell me how long Walmart's return period on unopened video games is? I've seen conflicting info on whether it's 30 or 90 days.

Are people still doing trades on here for the clearance games? If so, does anyone have an extra pathless they would trade for a NioH collection ?
I've been wanting to try out the pathless too but sadly they're full price at my store. I've been checking every week cause they have like 10 copies.

Be on the lookout
attachicon.gif
FB_IMG_1637580350168.jpg
Wow....

Where you heard that from about FF7R being on a clearance. You shouldve had them scan it just incase unless the app really is fixed now
these posts:

Today, I got a few sports games for $1 (Nascar Heat 4 & RBI20 Baseball for XB1, Fifa21 & Madden 21 for Series X), Yakuza Like a Dragon Steelbook Series X for $3. But the big scores were Neo The World Ends WIth You PS4 for $10 and FFVII Remake Intergrade for $20.

Other titles marked down included Scarlet Nexus for $20, Predator Hunting Grounds for $5, and Monster Jam Steel Titans 2 for $9. Puyo Puyo Tetris for XB1/SX and Devil May Cry 5 I think were also fairly cheap. Kingdom Hearts All-in-One dropped to $10 at this store but was gone by the time I arrived.

BS for Intergrade and some others don't seem to work anymore though unless store has started marking them down. Like for that one may be pulling for web orders or to add for some upcoming sale.

Checked my Walmart today. Even Mario G&W is still $50. They have a lot of Zelda’s so hopefully they reach clearance status. Not worth $50.

Bought the Corsair headset to replace the same headset I picked up on a deal from ages ago from Best Buy for $10. I wound up using it as my PC and Work headset for years but the battery eventually died. I had been using it wired for a year or two, but this deal will fix that issue. Headset has been very durable otherwise through hundreds of hours of use & comes highly recommended...
That turned into such a great deal. I still use that headset for work. Had to replace the battery earlier this year.

Should have just paid for the monthly membership, but there is still a chance they upload some more in a few hours for the non-plus member.

Should have just paid for the monthly membership, but there is still a chance they upload some more in a few hours for the non-plus member.
Sales ads are turning into "pay to win" just like video games are nowadays. Except there are consumer protection laws of false advertising. Stores must hold back inventory for advertised deals. That hasn't changed.

Yeah, but you still have to wait outside early in the morning and line up. Sometimes the convenience fee is worth it.

So FF7R was $30 limited time at target online and Amazon but its also $30 at Wal-Mart in certain location. Still rather waot for a real ymmv as in $15 below.

Found a couple copies of Nioh 2 and Immortals on PS4 today at an out of town Walmart. Bought two copies of each and left at least that many behind.

Went to Walmart to check for clearance games some of them showed that they don’t have the item after scanning. Rang up $40. Are they supposed to have a round sticker on them?

In terms of the Persona 5 Royal Steelbook when I was looking for those last year all of the stores that supposedly had them had the standard non-steelbook editions instead.

Went to Walmart to check for clearance games some of them showed that they don’t have the item after scanning. Rang up $40. Are they supposed to have a round sticker on them?
My Walmart clearance game looked normal, didn't have a sticker or anything, employee got them from the case. I -think- Walmart Clearance is YMMV. I went to another Walmart nearby that had clearance games but they scanned full price

My Walmart clearance game looked normal, didn't have a sticker or anything, employee got them from the case. I -think- Walmart Clearance is YMMV. I went to another Walmart nearby that had clearance games but they scanned full price
Was the games shelf pretty full? It’s funny the games on the app shows “not available at this store” for all the Walmarts around me but they had the games since they restocked the shelves

Walmart clearance is YMMV, yes. They generally don't do company-wide mandated markdowns, it's all handled at the store level.

Brickseek says my store has 4 copies of Neo TWEWY but they are still listed at $40. If I go in tomorrow and they are actually there will they likely ring up at $15?

bread's done
Back