Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
It shows as $15 on the website but says my store has no stock and is not available for shipping. When I check brickseek it says my store has 4 available but they come up as $40.

Oh gotcha. Yea if BS says $40 then that's the price they have in their system currently, but who knows, it might be a Black Friday deal that they didn't "activate" yet.

Walmart cancelled my order for TWEWY saying it's out of stock, but if I go to the website it says it's in stock again at that same store and it would let me order it again. Debating if it's even worth trying another order and seeing if it's somehow fulfilled.

Edit: Alright I did it. If they think I'm a chode for attempting to order something they just told me is out of stock, so be it!

Edit 2: nope lul

I ordered the Anniversary Xbox controller twice from the same store. The first order got cancelled. The second order got a "not available but we can ship" message. You might get lucky

I think half the reason this shit doesn't drop at certain stores is because their inventory is borked. Standing here looking at two 8tb xbox game drives that according to BS are oos at 89

WTF is the deal with that Neo TWEWY? Says it can't be shipped tp my zipcode?! The hell it can't!! So mad, can someone please help me out with this? I can trade for it if you pick one up for me please!

One of my Neo order got cancelled in the afternoon, went back to In Stock, put another order in again, got cancelled again within 15 mins. Just checked that store just now, now it said Not Available At This Store. I sense some shenanigans with that store.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

One of my Neo order got cancelled in the afternoon, went back to In Stock, put another order in again, got cancelled again within 15 mins. Just checked that store just now, now it said Not Available At This Store. I sense some shenanigans with that store.

Just had my order cancelled after they told me it was ready for curbside pickup and after I had just checked in at curbside.

Not clearance, but the Walmart I hit today had their BF games marked with colored dots. They only had BotW, Just Dance 2022 and Xenoblade Chronicles DE and the orange sticker was marked $25 (it was hand written so someone probably did a shit job). Probably YMMV, but I hadn't seen this posted so I figured I'd toss it up here.

My morning trip to Walmart was a bust except for a copy of The Sims 4 Plus Star Wars Journey to Batuu Bundle for PS4 that I found in the clearance area misticketed as NHL 21.  I was able to get it for $7.  I think that a lazy employee missed it when she or he was marking down the hockey games.

I already own the base The Sims 4 game for PS4, and I could give a damn about the Star Wars DLC, so I was planning to flip it to GameStop or trade it on CAG.

I can find the listing on GameStop.com for a new copy, but I can't seem to find a trade-in value for it.  Can anyone help here?

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-4/products/the-sims-4-plus-star-wars-journey-to-batuu-bundle---playstation-4/224457.html

My morning trip to Walmart was a bust except for a copy of The Sims 4 Plus Star Wars Journey to Batuu Bundle for PS4 that I found in the clearance area misticketed as NHL 21. I was able to get it for $7. I think that a lazy employee missed it when she was marking down the hockey games.

I already own the base The Sims 4 game for PS4, and I could give a damn about the Star Wars DLC, so I was planning to flip it to GameStop or trade it on CAG.

I can find the listing on GameStop.com for a new copy, but I can't seem to find a trade-in value for it. Can anyone help here?

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-4/products/the-sims-4-plus-star-wars-journey-to-batuu-bundle---playstation-4/224457.html
The Journey to Batuu content is on a download slip and the disc is the same as for standard Sims 4, so there isn't a trade-in listing for that version.

Just a heads up to anyone who wanted to get TWEWY (maybe applies to Nier also) even if Walmart.com says a store doesn't have any for pick up they might still have some in stock. Brickseek gives no results so you have to check in person and you also have to price match the website

Just a heads up to anyone who wanted to get TWEWY (maybe applies to Nier also) even if Walmart.com says a store doesn't have any for pick up they might still have some in stock. Brickseek gives no results so you have to check in person and you also have to price match the website
I placed an order for store pickup. I showed up and they said my order was rejected so I went to find it behind the glass display. The store associate showed me that the game was in inventory but apparently there a hold placed on it preventing its sale. So even if it is in stock, they still wouldn't be able to sell it to me if they scan it.

Again, that's just my experience so give it a shot.

I started resorting to ordering the game I wanted from .com at their price and price adjusting at the store level via discounted rate eff this. That’s how I did my two DMC and hopefully down the line if I need something else.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with some new, sealed copies of NEO TWEWY being packaged with World War Z by accident so they're recalling all copies just in case.
Definitely not the case or they would have done it a month ago or more given that the game's been out for months and gamestop already sent that email about it back in october. And if they were recalling it then it wouldn't be able to be sold period. The only common in the situation is people trying to get it for the 15 possibly glitched pricing they had online for it.

While BF shopping I stopped by the clearance section and found NBA 2k21 ps5 for $2 and mlb the show Jackie Robinson edition for $4. Nice.

It's strange with Neo for Switch, I view the item on walmart app and it says available for pickup at my local store. But when I add it to the cart it says unavailable at my store, wtf? I think I'm going to chance it & just go there today to try & pick it up

It's weird that not all stores are preventing pickup of neo. Picked up my copy today without any issues.
I ordered one for pickup from a certain Walmart, went to pick it up in store and apparently they're not doing in store pick up anymore? Went back to electronics, they had one in the case which I bought with price match for $15. Went outside to the drive up pick up area, called the number and they didn't answer so I just left. Gonna try to pick up the one I ordered online today or tomorrow so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

On a side note, why did they install these huge automated in-store pick up kiosks and then decide to stop using them ffs. During the busy holiday season? Wasn't the point to make it easier on the employees???

I ordered one for pickup from a certain Walmart, went to pick it up in store and apparently they're not doing in store pick up anymore? Went back to electronics, they had one in the case which I bought with price match for $15. Went outside to the drive up pick up area, called the number and they didn't answer so I just left. Gonna try to pick up the one I ordered online today or tomorrow so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

On a side note, why did they install these huge automated in-store pick up kiosks and then decide to stop using them ffs. During the busy holiday season? Wasn't the point to make it easier on the employees???
i've seen that giant pillar thing before. never seen it in use though

I just went in to a store and they had 2 copies of Neo for swtich.
The associate told me I HAD to order it for store pickup, and I just asked why?
She ended up just price matching it

I'm noticing that random games are showing up as $37.94 instead of $39.99. Yesterday Tales of Arise showed up as $37.94 and now Lost Judgement as well.

covid stopped the in store pickups. it is all curbside at most places now. the stores around me have a different spot for black friday deals pickup.

So I went hunting for New Super Lucky's Tale (Switch) at two Walmart stores that Brickseek shows as having it in stock. Long post alert.

Store 1: Went in the day before Thanksgiving, BS shows they have 3 or 4 copies. Had to grab a few things while there so I did that first. After looking through the case, I go to the register and ask if the have it. Employee said if it's not in the case, then probably not. He then asks me what the name of the game is and is it the (one) with the little fox. I say yes and he looks through a box of games in the locked cages. Clearance games are locked up there due to theft. No dice. I see more Switch games on the shelves in the cage. I don't bother asking because I'm pressed for time and gotta start cooking for Thanksgiving. He asks if I had tried Gamestop, tell him yes and it's $35. Move on feeling a bit bummed.

Store 2: Brickseek shows "limited stock" meaning they may have 1 or 2 copies in stock. Go there today to check if they do indeed have it. There's only one employee working in electronics and he's running in circles trying to help people in line. Before getting in line, I check the cases and don't see it. After waiting in line for bit I finally get the chance to ask if they have it. He pulls it up on his phone and starts looking for it. After checking the case he comes back to the registers and checks a couple of drawers to no avail. He says that it shows they have 2 in stock but doesn't know where they could possibly be. I leave and have given up on looking for it.

Went to pick up Neo for the Switch at a store 30 mins away (my dumbass thought the address was for another store 7 minutes closer). They still have one more Neo in the glass case, but the clerk denied price match cited they phased that out years ago.

Another store (where I found clearanced Nioh Collection and Fenyx couple weeks ago) supposedly have 2 more Neo, but I couldn't find it since everything on the bottom shelf super unorganized

Definitely not the case or they would have done it a month ago or more given that the game's been out for months and gamestop already sent that email about it back in october. And if they were recalling it then it wouldn't be able to be sold period. The only common in the situation is people trying to get it for the 15 possibly glitched pricing they had online for it.
Speaking of that GS email, was there ever any follow up? I haven’t heard anything about my “free extra copy”.

bread's done
Back