Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up for the future there is a way to delete your posts. On mobile tap your post and select "hide" and then type in why. On desktop there is the hide button under your signature to hide your post. Doing this essentially deletes your post as only mods can see them.
Thanks. I’ll do that moving forward. I’ve been mobile for a very long time unless I’m processing feedback so I didn’t consider another way.

A quick findings story and a thanks to all. (Not so quick - longer post warning)

First post here – late to the party in terms of the Walmart markdown deals, but wanted a few of the YMMV clearance games and was hoping to get lucky.

About a week and a half ago I was at a Walmart 40 minutes from my house and had just learned about the “secret markdowns.” I was able to get Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 for Switch for $4 and Nioh Collection for ps5 for $7 leaving one copy of Nioh behind. At this point I didn’t have a ps5 and just picked up Nioh thinking it’s a game I always wanted to play, and I would “eventually” get a ps5.

Late last week hearing of the Target PS5 restock, I was able to snag one for pickup at my local Target. Now having a PS5, and a taste of the extremely cheap Walmart markdown games, I wanted more! I went to a handful of Walmarts and struck out at each one.

On Saturday my legwork paid off. A store that was coming up on Brickseek as having “limited stock” available on a few clearance games about 30 minutes from my house was paid a visit. I looked in the cases and scanned a few “maybe” games and struck out. I decided to look around the rest of the electronic section to see if any other, non-video game, items were on clearance. While walking by the register I saw they had quite a few games in the cages behind the registers. Lucky for me that one section of the cages just so happened to be open, as they had curtains obscuring what was in there. I hesitantly asked the guy what the deal was with the games (didn’t want to be a PITA customer), and he said they’re just overflow that they don’t have a spot for them out in the glass case.

Turns out the guy was suuuper helpful/friendly, and I was able to pick up two copies of the pathless and dmc 5 for $3.50 or $4 each (one for me one for a friend) and a lone copy of overcooked for the PS5. Last copy of Indivisible for switch for $3.50, and last copy of Yakuza LaD steelbook for PS4 - $4. They also had some Pokemon 3ds games I should have price checked, but I can always go back as they will likely be waiting for me behind the register. If they were out on the shelf I was sure they’d be long gone, but basically no one knows the games are back there. Dumb luck on my part that the cage just happened to be open when I walked by.

Needless to say I was thrilled, and wanted to say thanks again for all the advice I found in this thread.

Quick side story, I went to a gamestop to get a copy of It Takes Two to play with my GF, and another ps5 controller, and the guy in front of me was trying to trade in a bunch of xbox, ps1, ps2, and 360 games, that he said someone gave to him. Mostly disc only except for the 360 games. They said they couldn’t take them, and he was making comments about trashing them, so I asked if I could have them. He said sure and I gave him 20 bucks for the pile. Nothing amazing in there, and most have a lot of surface scratches, but nothing that shouldn’t play. Keeping a few xbox and ps1 games for myself and will see if I can unload the rest for like $20-30

Just a fun Saturday night of deals and just a lot of dumb luck on my part, just wanted to share my little adventure.

TL;DR - Found some clearance games, bought 1 for ps5 before I had one. Got a ps5, then got really lucky and found almost all the clearance games behind the register at a specific walmart.

A quick findings story and a thanks to all. (Not so quick - longer post warning)

First post here – late to the party in terms of the Walmart markdown deals, but wanted a few of the YMMV clearance games and was hoping to get lucky.

About a week and a half ago I was at a Walmart 40 minutes from my house and had just learned about the “secret markdowns.” I was able to get Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 for Switch for $4 and Nioh Collection for ps5 for $7 leaving one copy of Nioh behind. At this point I didn’t have a ps5 and just picked up Nioh thinking it’s a game I always wanted to play, and I would “eventually” get a ps5.

Late last week hearing of the Target PS5 restock, I was able to snag one for pickup at my local Target. Now having a PS5, and a taste of the extremely cheap Walmart markdown games, I wanted more! I went to a handful of Walmarts and struck out at each one.

On Saturday my legwork paid off. A store that was coming up on Brickseek as having “limited stock” available on a few clearance games about 30 minutes from my house was paid a visit. I looked in the cases and scanned a few “maybe” games and struck out. I decided to look around the rest of the electronic section to see if any other, non-video game, items were on clearance. While walking by the register I saw they had quite a few games in the cages behind the registers. Lucky for me that one section of the cages just so happened to be open, as they had curtains obscuring what was in there. I hesitantly asked the guy what the deal was with the games (didn’t want to be a PITA customer), and he said they’re just overflow that they don’t have a spot for them out in the glass case.

Turns out the guy was suuuper helpful/friendly, and I was able to pick up two copies of the pathless and dmc 5 for $3.50 or $4 each (one for me one for a friend) and a lone copy of overcooked for the PS5. Last copy of Indivisible for switch for $3.50, and last copy of Yakuza LaD steelbook for PS4 - $4. They also had some Pokemon 3ds games I should have price checked, but I can always go back as they will likely be waiting for me behind the register. If they were out on the shelf I was sure they’d be long gone, but basically no one knows the games are back there. Dumb luck on my part that the cage just happened to be open when I walked by.

Needless to say I was thrilled, and wanted to say thanks again for all the advice I found in this thread.

Quick side story, I went to a gamestop to get a copy of It Takes Two to play with my GF, and another ps5 controller, and the guy in front of me was trying to trade in a bunch of xbox, ps1, ps2, and 360 games, that he said someone gave to him. Mostly disc only except for the 360 games. They said they couldn’t take them, and he was making comments about trashing them, so I asked if I could have them. He said sure and I gave him 20 bucks for the pile. Nothing amazing in there, and most have a lot of surface scratches, but nothing that shouldn’t play. Keeping a few xbox and ps1 games for myself and will see if I can unload the rest for like $20-30

Just a fun Saturday night of deals and just a lot of dumb luck on my part, just wanted to share my little adventure.

TL;DR - Found some clearance games, bought 1 for ps5 before I had one. Got a ps5, then got really lucky and found almost all the clearance games behind the register at a specific walmart.
Go back for the Pokémon games.

Go back for the Pokémon games.
Pretty sure they're either $10 each or $15 each - did a little brickseek hunting. I know pokemon is crazy. Tempted to throw em on a shelf sealed for a few years until the value goes back up. I'll be back to that store eventually. Again I'm not in a rush as obviously very few people are buying games from the cages because no one knows they're there. Can't recall if it was regular sun/moon or the Ultra versions

Back to thread specific nonsense. Lucked out again this morning, brickseek is 2 for 2 for me. Walmart on my way to work showing Death Stranding ps4 in stock. Had the guy help me look in the case, then he checked the back and came out pretty quickly with a copy for me. Was $2 - as it is pretty much everywhere if there are any copies lingering in the store.

A buddy is running to another local store today I believe, BS claims a lot of copies in stock of Immortals. We shall see (he's sorta BS'er so he may not be going at all)

Local Walmart had a bunch of the Fortnite Series S’ for $200. Y’all be on the lookout

Bought 2, I know a couple folks wanting one so gonna hook ‘em up

Yep, everything around here is $300 (and sold out, although Brickseek is sometimes wrong about that with Walmart). Shame, because I've actually been considering getting an XSS/X or Xbone for 7th gen games, Game Pass, and maybe some Xbox exclusives.

I've been trying to sell a brand new Series S fortnite with an extra Cyberpunk 2077 controller in box and I don't get a lot of interest and if I do, it's always a lowball offer.

I've been trying to sell a brand new Series S fortnite with an extra Cyberpunk 2077 controller in box and I don't get a lot of interest and if I do, it's always a lowball offer.
how much of a discount are you selling it at? i imagine most people would prefer to just buy it at the store if the discount isn't large enough

I tried using BS for Pokemon Celebrations cards but I'm still new to using it. Any pointers?
TCG in store are restock by 3rd party merchandiser, Walmart do not keep track of those inventory. If you follow certain twitter account, they'll ping whenever dotcom drop them online

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

My local Walmart had:

Godfall ps5: $11
Ghosts of Tsushima directors PS4: $25
Clubhouse games nsw: 18
Ni no kuni 2 nsw: 18
Xenoblade Chronicles de: 15
Cris tales: 11
Monster hunter stories: 25

Guy who clears stuff out there told me that all of those titles are ones they have corporate permission to clearance so the odds of them being cheap and less ymmv is slightly better.

My local Walmart had:

Godfall ps5: $11
Ghosts of Tsushima directors PS4: $25
Clubhouse games nsw: 18
Ni no kuni 2 nsw: 18
Xenoblade Chronicles de: 15
Cris tales: 11
Monster hunter stories: 25

Guy who clears stuff out there told me that all of those titles are ones they have corporate permission to clearance so the odds of them being cheap and less ymmv is slightly better.
Are these prices reflected in Brickseek for that location by any chance? A Walmart an hour away from me has tons of copies of those games on BS but listed under normal prices. Don't want to make the trip for nothing.

Are these prices reflected in Brickseek for that location by any chance? A Walmart an hour away from me has tons of copies of those games on BS but listed under normal prices. Don't want to make the trip for nothing.
In my exp. BS is usually accurate for prices, and not a good indication of stock in-store.

Walmart doesn't generally do 'all stores' corporate mandated markdowns, it's all on a per-store basis. BS has pretty much always been right on price, so if it shows normal price then they aren't marked down.

Check your local stores for Xenoblade. They have five in the glass without a price tag. I brought them up and like Shojsauce said they rang up as $15. Walked out with all 5 for $75 + tax. I'm going to check another store tonight.

I returned my unopened copy of Ghost of Tsushima on PS4, that I received for Christmas from Walmart without a receipt of course, got $42 store credit, and put it towards Ghosts of Tsushima PS5 directors cut.  $11 out of pocket. 

I saw a brand new white oled for 244.60 at my walmart too and a mk8 switch for 200... i opened them up and they looked brand new... i think they were clearanced out...

its not a code so you would have to give them your account info so they can login to the xbox with it and redeem the extras
I know.... I would have to trust him, and I don't think he would take my account. I don't have shit on it, to be honest. Beside my GPU membership, and a few older games lol. I'm nobody special ha.

I know.... I would have to trust him, and I don't think he would take my account. I don't have shit on it, to be honest. Beside my GPU membership, and a few older games lol. I'm nobody special ha.
Sorry the consoles have already gone out to my friends. They probably had 10 at 200 but by the next morning they were gone

I seen a lot of games some ps5 version on rack insteadve inside the glass door case. Tales of arise was one of them, it had the regular $49 tag but I scanned it it was $37. It's not low enough but still. Boy I was hopping it was super low like nioh or at $20 because it wasn't in the glass case.

It’s a shittop move if it’s return fraud. Don’t think so based on that explanation though.

Seems like he went out the way to explain that imo 🤷🏾‍♂️

bread's done
Back