Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Simpsons is $199 at my nearest but count me as another person who doesn't have the room for one.  Unless I put it out on the porch at which I think it would become a home for a nice squirl couple looking to start a family.

If I came across a Simpsons/TMNT for $200, I'd definitely pick it up.  That said, pretty sure those cabinets are long gone at my stores. 

I LOVE the simpsons arcade game, but I really don't have room for it.

With that said local store to me (Eastern PA) had a two cabs at $199.99 yesterday. They were tagged that way on the shelf and didn't have any markdown/clearance price stickers. 

I'm tempted by getting an Arcade 1up but afraid I'll never use it, even if I mod it (I have like 5 devices I've bought for modding purposes and never gotten around to it).

I'm not even sure $199 is a good price for the Simpsons cab considering it only has 2 games.  You're really mainly paying for 4 player capability.  They're probably gone from my store by now anyway, I went Tuesday and I think they only had 1 left, down from a pallet of like 6.  If I do get one, it'll either be a Pac-Man or MK2 legacy edition (if they still have any).

The only good thing about the Simpsons A1up is the 4 player ability if you have the room. I prefer the MK2 legacy cab because of my space limitations and would put a retropie in it

Stores make peanuts on game and movie sales. It's clear most retailers don't care about them and their approach is increasingly, "You want it that badly, pay more since we know you have fewer and fewer options."

According to BBY employees at bluray.com, BBY will stop carrying movies entirely in stores come September.

Video games are next.
Meh. I don't think games will stop being carried anytime soon. A lot of people have switched to streaming for movies. Games are still primarily bought physically (last time I checked).

Meh. I don't think games will stop being carried anytime soon. A lot of people have switched to streaming for movies. Games are still primarily bought physically (last time I checked).
I don't disagree, though every best buy's media section is now cookie cutter, and most of the game shelves are empty. If a game is in stock, it's left in the warehouse for online orders meanwhile the shelf is bare.

games are getting closer to 70% digital now. covid pushed it a lot faster. still varies depending on the title though.

A few local Walmarts have that Switch Hori Mario Kart wheel set for $70...

I keep waiting to see when it will be marked down for clearance -- but, if I'm right, there's no easy way to see if the units are marked down right now, right?  The Walmart website/app doesn't show in-store clearance prices anymore, right?

5Y5OZDF.jpg

Been watching Brickseek for Tales of Arise to drop at one of the local Walmarts and saw it hit $15 at one then like a day later drop to $10 so decided to head out and check it.  Turned out they had a whole bunch of stuff clearanced, but I only grabbed stuff I was interested in.  I'd post where, but El Hoardo clearly hit it up like an hour after I was there as everything decent I saw on Brickseek was now OOS.

Although I'd keep an eye out, if this one was clearing stuff out others may be gearing up to do the same.

Weird cause tales of arise always comes up as "no results found in the searched area" for me. Has for awhile along with Scarlett Nexus
Same, but occasionally this one store would pop up. Tony Hawk 1+2 is the one I'm most interested in, but it's 100% immune to Brickseek. Sadly still at like $33 at most stores.

What I've noticed is that sometimes the clearance barcode gives a different UPC number than the normal product barcode which might explain why sometimes the products just don't show up even if the stores have them.

Yeah, I scanned the brickseek barcode for ToA with the walmart app and it's not showing up.

I've managed to pick up the MK Legacy and Ms. Pacman 40th anniversary cabinets for 199.99 a piece which is really the sweet spot for me on the Arcade 1 ups. They also have 12 and 10 games respectively so it makes it much more appealing compared to the Simpsons. I might make an exception for the Ninja Turtles cabinet though if I ever found that.

Nothing found in my area which I know is bull that site/app sucks. Cause I know scarlet is in cleance for $25. Even if I got inside the store the app scan is still does the same.

Well, the app is officially useless for my local stores. Literally every item in the store (towels, hardware supplies, games, toys...) Comes back as item not found. So what's the point of the app if the entire store seemingly opted out of price scanning?

Yeah the app is really spotty for me anymore.

One of the other big things is I think Brickseek not working has to do with SKU's changing when it goes on clearance, which makes it a pain to hunt down the clearance games.

I was at a walmart about an hour away from me this weekend hunting for them deep discounts and they had Control Ultimate and Aliens Fireteam elite (PS5) for 30$ each (Games that typically get clearanced out for

I’m assuming by app you guys mean the Walmart app? The paid Walmart+version is still working for me but I haven’t tried video games in a while.

Something changed in the past week with Walmart’s inventory system. Non video games that have been clearance price went out of stock on brickseek at every store around me, but they’re still there on the shelves at 6+ deep and still the clearance price.

I’ve regularly seen the discrepancy where Brickseek says it’s there, but it’s not. I’ve never seen it the other way around until now.

I’m assuming by app you guys mean the Walmart app? The paid Walmart+version is still working for me but I haven’t tried video games in a while.

Something changed in the past week with Walmart’s inventory system. Non video games that have been clearance price went out of stock on brickseek at every store around me, but they’re still there on the shelves at 6+ deep and still the clearance price.

I’ve regularly seen the discrepancy where Brickseek says it’s there, but it’s not. I’ve never seen it the other way around until now.
Just to be clear. and yes I could search the app store lol. But to confirm. There is a specific app for walmart+ ? Or you're just saying logging in to a walmart+ account on the app?

Edit: Reason I am asking is I am logged in on the app to my sister's walmart+ account, and most items with the scan feature show up as "Sorry, we don't sell this specific item" or something like that anymore. Either that or it gives like the online price when the sticker directly under the item is sometimes less.

Just to be clear. and yes I could search the app store lol. But to confirm. There is a specific app for walmart+ ? Or you're just saying logging in to a walmart+ account on the app?
its the same app. it just knows you're walmart+ due to your login

I was talking about brickseek app, looking at that never gives me results. So I never know if theres deals or not at Wal-Mart.

They had the roll up Hyper X gaming keyboard "pad" or something for like 20 bucks and A Philips plug cube/box with multiple plugs for around 10 bucks.

Xbox PowerA Controller - Metallic Blue - $21 -  https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=955172651 

The had the red ones on clearance too.

RIG 400 HX Headset for XBOX - $29.88 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=895073405

RIG 400 HS Headset for Playstation - $29.88 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=917248457

LG 24'' UltraGear Monitor - as low as $87.50 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=773172701

HP 27M 27'' Monitor - $87.50 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=261654096

Chromebooks:

Acer 317 17'' Celeron 4GB/64GB - $191.95 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=992069312

Acer 315 15.6'' Touch Celeron 4GB/64GB - $158.95 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=783599722

Acer 315 15.6'' Celeron 4GB/32GB w/ Sleeve - $118.80 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=565923637

Shark Handheld Vacuum - $25 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=287807201

TCL 32'' LED Android TV - $80 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=507751683

iHome AutoVac Eclipse Robot Vacuum (roomba) - $74 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=378094655

PowerXL Air Fryer - $25 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=889448019

Went to a walmart a bit away from me and I had to wait around 10 minutes in line at the register in electronics because both the electronics associate and electronics manager were bending over backwards to try to come up with reasons to not price match a dude's Onn phone holder. He was trying to price match walmart.com and the manager even calls on her walkie and asks somebody if they price match walmart.com even if it doesn't say pick up in store. Like, since when is that a thing? The lady on the walkie kept asking "does it say shipped by walmart?" And the manager would say "yes but it doesn't say pick up in store". They gave him the pm but Jesus. All of that for a 10 dollar piece of cheap plastic.

Ready for another big clearance drop again. Used to find stuff at every Walmart within a 50 mile radius, it's been dry for awhile and the clearance stuff I do find is maybe 10% off.

I found some 3ds games at a Walmart about 30 minutes away at $9.88 each.[attachment=36949:0968A00F-2BD7-461B-80C0-7EBF95F314C4.jpeg]

bread's done
Back