Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Same for me, plus it's available for shipping online at the $298 price: https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/276964903
I'm seeing other TVs with big price discounts too. I'll try to link a couple of them. One is a 55 inch RCA and the other a 75 inch tcl.

RCA 55 inch normally $699.99 now $268.00 https://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-55-Class-4K-Ultra-HD-2160P-LED-TV-RTU5540/55540606

TCL 75 inch normally $1299.99 now $678.00 https://www.walmart.com/ip/TCL-75-Class-4-Series-4K-UHD-HDR-Roku-Smart-TV-75S431/568112153

BBY has that same TV for $320 so it looks like it's just a sale and not a clearance (but when it does clearance, should be nicely priced).

I found some 3ds games at a Walmart about 30 minutes away at $9.88 each.
attachicon.gif
0968A00F-2BD7-461B-80C0-7EBF95F314C4.jpeg
Don't know how they still had those. 3DS games disappeared from all the stores around here awhile ago.

Found Pokemon Ultra sun and Ultra moon for 12$ each sitting in the cages behind the register while looking for the widespread clearance games 4 months ago. 

I.E. Nioh Collection, Pathless, Indivisible, DMC 5, Overcooked, Yazuka LaD, etc. etc. 

I think each store probably has atleast a few good games lying around lost in the back somewhere that have been marked down to really good prices that will eventually just get salvaged. 

Found Pokemon Ultra sun and Ultra moon for 12$ each sitting in the cages behind the register while looking for the widespread clearance games 4 months ago.

I.E. Nioh Collection, Pathless, Indivisible, DMC 5, Overcooked, Yazuka LaD, etc. etc.

I think each store probably has atleast a few good games lying around lost in the back somewhere that have been marked down to really good prices that will eventually just get salvaged.
do you still have a copy of Nioh Collection?? :)

do you still have a copy of Nioh Collection?? :)
No lol had it up for trade for awhile, but forked it over for paypal $$$.

Thought it was a Ninja Gaiden esque game (fast but challenging action game) then found it was a souls game and Noped the hell outta that game after the first boss killed me about a dozen times.

No lol had it up for trade for awhile, but forked it over for paypal $$$.

Thought it was a Ninja Gaiden esque game (fast but challenging action game) then found it was a souls game and Noped the hell outta that game after the first boss killed me about a dozen times.

I bought Nioh for PS5 during the big walmart clearance last year and learned the same thing. I was pumped for a Japanese era game then read it was a torture style type of gameplay. I suffered through half of Sekiro before finally noping out of the game. I was reading how to cheese bosses moreso than playing the game at that point. I don't have time to waste to fight one boss 100x over to learn their timing and patterns. Was starting to waste hours just to beat one boss.

I bought Nioh for PS5 during the big walmart clearance last year and learned the same thing. I was pumped for a Japanese era game then read it was a torture style type of gameplay. I suffered through half of Sekiro before finally noping out of the game. I was reading how to cheese bosses moreso than playing the game at that point. I don't have time to waste to fight one boss 100x over to learn their timing and patterns. Was starting to waste hours just to beat one boss.
I like a challenge, but I just can't with souls games. Then the culture is just "Lmao you suck, git gud" and its like... I have a life outside video games lol.

I like a challenge, but I just can't with souls games. Then the culture is just "Lmao you suck, git gud" and its like... I have a life outside video games lol.
If you are otherwise interested in Elden Ring don't be afraid to give it a shot. I bounced hard off of a lot of Souls games (including Bloodborne), but this one has been much more forgiving. If a boss is giving me problems I just wander off somewhere else and see more of the world. I almost didn't even bother because I hated playing the other games in the series, but this has been a pleasant surprise.

If you are otherwise interested in Elden Ring don't be afraid to give it a shot. I bounced hard off of a lot of Souls games (including Bloodborne), but this one has been much more forgiving. If a boss is giving me problems I just wander off somewhere else and see more of the world. I almost didn't even bother because I hated playing the other games in the series, but this has been a pleasant surprise.
I do believe you and everyone else who has told me that. (not sarcasm lol)

With that said I'm a huge retrogamer and my backlog is crazy right now. I've been buying new and old games I don't have time to play because I have other games to finish first so Elden Ring really isn't on my radar.

NP - Valkyria Chronicles 1 Switch (first time playing)

Guardians of the galaxy - PS5

Indivisible - switch

Next up - Been collecting the YS games, so I'll be playing a bunch of those...have FF VII Remake, and Ratchet and Clank ps5 on my short list among about 10 other ps4 games and a few switch games.

Wish there were more hours in the day. lol

End rant/ sorry too all who thought I was announcing uber walmart deals.

I know the feeling.  It will probably take most of the year for me to get through Elden Ring.  Then I have a half dozen or so PS4 games.  Right now my PS5 is an expensive PS4 Pro.

My store just did some remodels - they had a ton of new clearance items as of this week - and looks to be tied to their toy planning

TMNT Donatello - $5
TMNT Van - $20
Ghostbusters Proton Pack toy - $3

Ticket to Ride London - $8
Ticket to Ride - $20
Sushi Go - $5
Betrayers on Haunted Hill - $20
Jurassic World the Boardgame - $10
Unstable Unicorns - $8

Various other board games, kids toys, etc.

Seconding Betrayal. Some of the most fun and chaos my game group has had playing board games, its a staple for us.

A new edition just came out recently too that apparently really upgrades the game and also adds new haunts/scenarios

My friend is a big Scooby Doo fan, so he got Scooby Betrayal. It is a lot lighter than regular Betrayal is. Unless you're in for the theme or are playing with young kids, just go for the regular game.

Love Betrayal! Buddy of mine picked it up, I like it so much I got the D&D version, Betrayal at Baldur's Gate, and the Cthulhu themed Cultists of Cthulhu.

Got the expansion for the original version for my friend.

iHome AutoVac Eclipse Robot Vacuum (roomba) - $74 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=378094655
I've run this a few times now. The vacuum power is good. I emptied the bin after the first run and was impressed by how much dust it had collected.

The problem is the ai. First run, it kept lapping the house over and over. When I manually told it to go back to its charger, it couldn't find it. Second run, it cleaned one room and then returned to the charger without exploring the rest of the house. Looking at the map it created, it knew there were more areas to explore, so I'm not sure why it only did the one room. Third run was similar to the first in that it kept doing the same parts of the house over and over rather than return to the charger when done. When I manually told it to stop and go charge, it did eventually find its meandering way back to the charger.

Trying this Wyze vacuum next ($165, 50% off retail): https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wyze-Robot-Vacuum-LiDAR-Room-Mapping-2-100Pa-Strong-Suction-Straight-line-Movements-Virtual-Walls-Ideal-Pet-Hair-Hard-Floors-Carpets-Wi-Fi-Connected-/962646924

Hopefully this one does a better job navigating while still vacuuming as well as the iHome.

-Update-

Returned the iHome due to abysmal navigation intelligence. The Wyze vacuum has been working great though. If you're in the market for a cheap robo vacuum, the Wyze for $165 is a good deal.

Seconding Betrayal. Some of the most fun and chaos my game group has had playing board games, its a staple for us.

A new edition just came out recently too that apparently really upgrades the game and also adds new haunts/scenarios
The Widow's Walk expansion adds a lot of stuff.

Betrayal Legacy came out, which is one of those 'play through a story and create new stuff/cards/make changes as you go' but unlike some of the other Legacy-style games, when you're done you have a larger, more customized Betrayal base game you can replay. I haven't picked it up yet but it seems fun.

I know it's not "clearance" but this is the only Walmart thread I saw, does anyone know if they still do their $10 off of new games thing that they used to? Where new $59.99 games would be $49.94, in store only, not online. Planning to pick up a game that's coming out on Friday, would get it at Walmart if it'd be cheaper but elsewhere if not

I know it's not "clearance" but this is the only Walmart thread I saw, does anyone know if they still do their $10 off of new games thing that they used to? Where new $59.99 games would be $49.94, in store only, not online. Planning to pick up a game that's coming out on Friday, would get it at Walmart if it'd be cheaper but elsewhere if not
They stopped doing that a few months ago unfortunately

I picked up a Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 (black model) for Xbox yesterday on clearance for $49.00. I also picked up a Razer Kraken X headset for $11. They were also on clearance. I'll probably never use the Razer headset much, but I couldn't turn them down for $11 as a backup to use while charging the wireless pair I bought.

TCL 32'' HD LED 3-Series TV - $80 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=507751683

Phillips 50'' 4K LED TV - $201.60 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=745960706

Power A Switch Controller - Super Mario Bros - $9 - $13 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=358123308

Power A Xbox Series X/S - Metallic Red Camo - $12 - $21 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=866240501

Power A Xbox Series X/S - Metallic Blue Camo - $7.47 - $21 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=955172651

XBOX Wireless Controller 20th Anniversary Edition - $24 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=583540158

One of the more ghetto stores in my area had a shopping cart in electronics with a sign on it that said "Video games $5". Titles in the cart were borderlands handsome collection ps4, kingdoms of amalur re-reckoning ps4, outer worlds ps4, star wars battlefront 2 ps4, outriders PS5, Jackbox party pack 7 ps4 and switch, Ryan's world kart racer xbox, and a few outdated sports titles for ps4, ps5 and xbox

Another store put a bunch of similar titles on an end cap with yellow clearance stickers, mostly for $10-$16.88.

Just a heads up to keep an eye out for ymmv clearance, looks like several stores around Wisconsin anyway are going through their inventory and clearancing some stuff out.

Found Hades and Outriders XSX for $5 each today. Wouldn't mind trading Outriders for the PS5 version. Hades I already have on PS5, but snagged it as trade fodder anyway.

Found Hades and Outriders XSX for $5 each today. Wouldn't mind trading Outriders for the PS5 version. Hades I already have on PS5, but snagged it as trade fodder anyway.
I wonder of this is store specific or nationwide. Last time all stores did a big clearance was in November 2021. I'm on the hunt for Hades PS5 and Kena PS5.

I wonder of this is store specific or nationwide. Last time all stores did a big clearance was in November 2021. I'm on the hunt for Hades PS5 and Kena PS5.
I know right, last big ones was dmc5 and nioh collection for under $10 on ps5 end of last year nationally. Recent one I got was scalet nexus for $15 which was $25 apparently no ones buying them cause it was like that for months. I want big games like Spiderman or something for lower then $20. With a cabinet full of games at walmart I would think they would be on clearance sale by now. Guess my walmart to uptight about there games they dont wanna put them on clearance also heard sometimes they take some games on clearance to another walmart for clearance like WTF. Freaking YMMV needs to be national

[attachment=37048:4C8E4D99-9017-4B93-AE12-55D403F972F2.jpeg]
[attachment=37049:493217E2-62B3-40BC-A1B2-E72F23EF836D.jpeg]
[attachment=37050:BC03D1BC-7F73-4AFE-8B8D-B273048AFCA1.jpeg]
[attachment=37051:BCD7C24C-2946-4CCB-BE79-B3041AF05AB8.jpeg]
Got Jumanji ($7, PS4), Returnal ($35, PS5), Five Nights At Freddy’s ($15, PS5).
Probably gonna return tomorrow and get Jurassic Evolution 2 ($15, XSX) and Demon’s Souls. ($25, PS5) Those were the most notable that I didn’t already own. Hope you guys can zoom in on these photos.

4C8E4D99-9017-4B93-AE12-55D403F972F2.jpeg
493217E2-62B3-40BC-A1B2-E72F23EF836D.jpeg
BC03D1BC-7F73-4AFE-8B8D-B273048AFCA1.jpeg
BCD7C24C-2946-4CCB-BE79-B3041AF05AB8.jpeg
Got Jumanji ($7, PS4), Returnal ($35, PS5), Five Nights At Freddy’s ($15, PS5).
Probably gonna return tomorrow and get Jurassic Evolution 2 ($15, XSX) and Demon’s Souls. ($25, PS5) Those were the most notable that I didn’t already own. Hope you guys can zoom in on these photos.
Wish my store had Sonic Colors on clearance at that price.

Forgot to give Switch some love…
[attachment=37053:2481EC4D-54B5-405A-B6AE-224FA1DC3353.jpeg]
[attachment=37054:78AA5403-1696-490D-A1C2-6C480827B14E.jpeg]

Even I would buy Sekiro and Biomutant for five bucks! Hoping the sale is going on in this area... I did get lucky and find Yakuza and Dirt 5 for cheap late last year.

bread's done
Back