Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Brickseek is showing $20-50 for those games here (except for Monkey Ball which I can't get to show up), but I'll keep an eye on them over the next few weeks.

Soulstorm and Arise have been games that have hit random markdowns in the past if you've watched this thread. Of course its all so heavily YMMV. I already picked up Arise for like 15 bucks or so when it hit a heavy sale at Gamestop.

A lot of games got marked down to the 30-40$ range with the yellow stickers a month or two ago at one of my local stores but nothing I needed at that price range. Wonder if they'll hit secret markdowns like this. 

My Walmart just had a bunch of games for $5. This is my haul, but there were loads more PS4/5 and Xbox games.
attachicon.gif
PXL_20220811_022748137.jpg
what were some other games you saw if you dont mind me asking??

Checked Biomutant today. Was still full price $30. Will check a different Walmart over the weekend that I'm pretty sure has a few copies of sekiro.

what were some other games you saw if you dont mind me asking??
A lot of sports games, Godfall, Yakuza, hot wheels, just dance games. Some more shovelware stuff like paw patrol and goosebumps. There was TONS of things. The worker told me they aren't selling games right now so they needed to clear inventory.

Love when one day Brickseek will show local inventory one day and then randomly decide not to the next.

"No results found in the searched area"?

thats-not-the-truth-ellen.gif

Same here! I loaded up. Frozen meals aren't the best but hard to say no when they're 80% off, with food being so expensive now.
In particular it's wise to pay attention to the amount of sodium in them. They often have a lot so it's a good idea to drink more water to compensate. A lot of off-the-shelf soups are also loaded with sodium.

In particular it's wise to pay attention to the amount of sodium in them. They often have a lot so it's a good idea to drink more water to compensate. A lot of off-the-shelf soups are also loaded with sodium.
My freezer isn't that big so I literally was putting some stuff back based on sodium (one thing was like 1,600 milligrams). Some of the stuff was Healthy Choice and Life Cuisine which wasn't nearly as bad. I really liked the Healthy Choice Korean Beef bowl but I am too much of a cheap ass to pay 4 bucks for it haha.

If you're a Walmart+ member you will soon have access to Paramount essential plan. It's the tier with ad.
Thanks for the heads up. I had signed up for Walmart + to secure an Xbox series x and try out their home delivery. The home delivery has been hit or miss but with paramount plus I can get some Beavis and Butt-Head

The Walmart’s around here are putting a lot of merchandise on clearance. Is anyone else’s Walmart doing this? I bought the LEGO Friend’s Magical Caravan 41688 for $21.00 today. I listed a few items that I remembered were on clearance.

Copied from the Walmart on Ambassador Caffery Pkwy
Lafayette, La Facebook page.

“It’s Not Too Late to capture some Great Deals! We have Clearance throughout the entire building! Apparel, Toys, Shoes, Housewares, Beach Towels. Hurry in this Weekend and don’t miss out on these Great Deals!!”

Family Feud Disney Edition $9.00
LEGO Magical Caravan 41688 $21.00
My Life As Poseable Hello Kitty Baker 18" Doll $19.00
My Life As Poseable Farmer 18” Doll, $13.00
Ticket To Ride London Edition $4.00

My local store is doing a huge toy clearance right now because they're resetting the shelves for new stuff.  I went yesterday and got Ticket To Ride London (board game) for $4.  But I've been noticing more and more lately a lot of the stuff marked clearance isn't actually being marked down, just slapped with a sticker and moved to a new spot.  There was also a pretty decent kitchen clearance a few months ago and there's always clothes on clearance.  But I don't think I've seen a video game marked down since like last year.

I'm ready for the $10 Switch and Playstation games again like when they did Xenoblade Chronicles Def. Ed on Switch along with a bunch of others.
I miss the $3-5 games from last November. I hit up about a dozen stores over a week. In today's market though with gas the way it is, I wouldn't risk doing that much traveling without knowing for sure the games were in stock.

Just watched a youtube video that said the walmart app mobile scan won’t reveal the true “hidden clearance” price of an item, only the online price. You can only get the clearance price to show if you’re a member of walmart+.

Just watched a youtube video that said the walmart app mobile scan won’t reveal the true “hidden clearance” price of an item, only the online price. You can only get the clearance price to show if you’re a member of walmart+.
Yea I think that's right. I tried scanning a clearance candle with the app. I'm not a plus user and it came up a different price than when I went to checkout. To my surprise the candle was only $1 while the app and clearance sticker showed $4.

Yea I think that's right. I tried scanning a clearance candle with the app. I'm not a plus user and it came up a different price than when I went to checkout. To my surprise the candle was only $1 while the app and clearance sticker showed $4.
Monetizing sales even. Guess that'll end my hunting days.

I got a nice haul of clearance goodies at my local Walmart (Pewaukee, WI)  Including Mass Effect Legendary for $10, Seikiro for $15, Crash Team Racing for $10, Persona 5 Strikers for $10, Doom Eternal for $10 and Outer Worlds for $5.  They also had XBox One and Switch games, but the selection wasn't as good (Only a couple Switch games, and the XBox games were mostly old sports games, although they had Seikiro for XBox, as well as some of the others that were on my PS4 haul.  My friend went there later than me and scored some stuff too.  They probably still have some goodies left unless someone cleaned them out, although I did get what I think were the only copies of Crash Racing and Seikiro on PS4.

Been a while so here is a new dump of items.

$50.00 Ionvac SmartClean 2000 Robovac - WiFi Robotic Vacuum with App/Remote Control

$200.00 iRobot® Roomba® i1+ (1552) Wi-Fi Connected Self-Emptying Robot Vacuum, Ideal for Pet Hair, Carpets

$218.00 TCL 43" Class 4-Series 4K UHD HDR Roku Smart TV - 43S431

$225.00 SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, 10.4" Tablet 64GB (Wi-Fi), S Pen Included, Oxford Gray

$298.00 Philips 55" Class 4K Ultra HD (2160P) Android Smart LED TV with Google Assistant (55PFL5766/F7)

$299.00 Acer Aspire Desktop, 10th Gen Intel Core i3-10105 4-Core Processor, Intel UHD Graphics 630, 8GB DDR4, 256GB NVMe M.2 SSD, Black, Windows 10 Home, XC-1660G-UW92

$299.00 MSI GF63 Thin Gaming Laptop, 15.6" FHD Display, Intel Core i5-10300H, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 MaxQ, 8GB DDR4, 256GB NVMe SSD, Black, Windows 10 - GF63222

$349.00 Acer Aspire Desktop with 23.8" Monitor, 10th Gen Intel Core i3-10105 4-Core Processor, Intel UHD Graphics 6308GB DDR4, 256GB NVMe M.2 SSD, Black, Windows 10 Home, XC-1660G-UW94

$398.00 Hisense 65" Class 4K UHD LCD Roku Smart TV HDR R6 Series 65R6E4

$2.00 Firefly! Outdoor Gear Chip the Dinosaur Kid's Backpack - Green (15 Liters), Unisex

$6.00 Equip Jacquard Macramé Hammock - Black and Gray Leaf Print, Size 81" L x 59" W

$8.00 Firefly! Outdoor Gear Izzie the Llama 2-Person Kid's Camping Tent - Off-white/Pink Color, One Room

$8.00 Firefly! Outdoor Gear Chip the Dinosaur 2-Person Kid's Camping Tent - Green Color

$10.00 Equip Jacquard Bohemian Macrame Hammock, Blue Patchwork Print, Size 126 in. L x 59 in. W

$15.00 Firefly Camping Gear 10 ltr. Backpacking Backpack, Blue and Green

$35.00 Ozark Trail 8' 5" Multicolor Rapid Rider Quad River Tube, Adult Unisex Float

$1.50 Ravensburger Disney Villainous: The Worst Takes It All Strategy Board Game for Age 10 & Up - 2019 TOTY Game of The Year Award Winner

$4.50 Adventure Force Tactical Strike Nexus Pro Ultimate Dart Blaster – shoots over 125 FT

$6.00 Monopoly Game: At Home Reality Edition Family Board Game, Walmart Exclusive

$13.00 Star Wars The Mandalorian The Child Premium Plush Bundle

$15.00 Halo Warthog & Master Chief #2 Deluxe Vehicle 4" Figure & Vehicle

$40.00 Voyager Hoverbeats Pink Hoverboard with Bluetooth Speaker and Light-up Wheels for Kids

$5.00 HART 20-Volt Cordless 1/2-inch Drill/Driver Kit (1) 1.5Ah Lithium-Ion Battery

$35.00 HART 20-Volt Shear Shrubber (1) 20-Volt 2.0Ah Lithium-Ion Battery

$79.00 HART 40-Volt Cordless Attachment Capable 15-inch String Trimmer Kit, (1) 4.0Ah Lithium-Ion Battery

$9.00 Protege 3-Piece Softside Luggage Set, Polka Dot Teal

$10.00 Protege 3-Piece Pink Luggage Set, Upright 24 in, Duffel 22 in, Boarding Bag 14 in

$11.00 Tide Pods Febreze Sport Odor Defense, 73 Ct Laundry Detergent Pacs

$130.00 bond 36" Round 50000 BTU Propane ProCoat Finish Steel and Stone Fire Pit

$250.00 Pit Boss Memphis 2 Ultimate 4-in-1 Gas & Charcoal Combo Grill with Smoker

$60.00 Hoover SmartWash Pet Complete Automatic Carpet Cleaner Machine FH53010

I got a nice haul of clearance goodies at my local Walmart (Pewaukee, WI) Including Mass Effect Legendary for $10, Seikiro for $15, Crash Team Racing for $10, Persona 5 Strikers for $10, Doom Eternal for $10 and Outer Worlds for $5. They also had XBox One and Switch games, but the selection wasn't as good (Only a couple Switch games, and the XBox games were mostly old sports games, although they had Seikiro for XBox, as well as some of the others that were on my PS4 haul. My friend went there later than me and scored some stuff too. They probably still have some goodies left unless someone cleaned them out, although I did get what I think were the only copies of Crash Racing and Seikiro on PS4.
ugh my usual stomping ground was just there the previous weekend and nothing....

Well went out the that location and the one game im looking for Persona 5 Strikers it says 2-3 in stock but looked high and low and nothing.. did find these though

World War Z $5 - (Xbox)

Doom Eternal $10 -(Xbox (A bunch on PS4 as well)

Mafia Definitive Edition $5 - (Xbox (plenty for PS4 as well)

Destroy All Humans $5 -(Xbox)

Outer Worlds $5 -(Xbox)

Outriders $5 -(PS5 (Also had plenty on Xbox,PS4)

Others noted that I did not grab but others may be interested.

Gears 5 $10 (Xbox)

Gears Tactics $10 (Xbox)

Final Fantasy VII REmake $10 (PS4)

Resident Evil 3 $5 (Xbox)

MLB the Show 21 $5 (PS5 & PS4 Versions)

Immortals $10 (PS/Xbox)

Just Dance 2021 $10(PS/Xbox)

There were some others I cant seem to remember

As mentioned Switch clearance was basically nothing... 

Folks have been saying for a long time you need to have walmart plus to have the price scanner feature work, and I would like to say its pretty well borked for me. It doesn't work well at all, super unreliable, some showing higher price then the shelf tag, most say "we can't find this item right now" It seems to only look at the online price anymore.

Sister has Walmart+ and I'm logged into her account on my phone/app. Does not work well. As with all things Walmart.....YMMV

Folks have been saying for a long time you need to have walmart plus to have the price scanner feature work, and I would like to say its pretty well borked for me. It doesn't work well at all, super unreliable, some showing higher price then the shelf tag, most say "we can't find this item right now" It seems to only look at the online price anymore.

Sister has Walmart+ and I'm logged into her account on my phone/app. Does not work well. As with all things Walmart.....YMMV
info was all over the place, which had me confused. Back then they said scanner I'm like ok I tried the walmart app scanner. Then thought it was brickseek scanner then went back of hearing its the walmart+ scanner that lets you see the true price like wtf. Like which one is it, I need details for my confused brain. It's either, wait and wait to see if brickseek shows a low price which isnt 100% cause it sometimes say no results found. Walmart+ scanner or go in and hope to see yellow tags which means nothing considering last year overhaul of games being under $10 with no yellow tags on brickseek.
See I just brickseek cyberpunk for example, shows "no results found" like wtf I can go to some of the Wal-Mart's personally and see a long row of them at the bottom of the cabinets which is obviously no one buying them(which by the way should be discounted heavely by now)

Walmart plus is giving me the online price for instore items that are marked as the lower clearance price on the item itself. Terrible. To think I paid for WM+ for this

Yeah I don't know folks. I'm in NJ and it doesn't work well for me at all. Just a fair warning for if anyone is thinking of paying for walmart plus just for that. 

I'm glad I wasn't at all tempted by walmart+.   Most of the clearance stuff I'm looking for pricing of anyway is videogames or electronics and if it's not priced on the box I can just be a human and talk to the person working over in electronics (or bring them the item if it's not locked up) for a price check.   But I don't buy clearance stuff to resell and I'm kind of over buying cheap games that I never will play.  It's rare anything pops up cheap that I legit want and haven't already bought.

The fucking walmart app is useless for checking in-store pricing. It almost never worked even before the W+ thing. Everything shows the online price because I guess tapping into the in-store inventory is too hard. The only reliable thing pre-COVID was the google search trick and now even that doesn't work anymore because the results are just whatever google pulls out of the walmart website.

Thanks for posting. I swung by after work & picked up a few games.
i have this store near me called bens bargain center and they supposedly get games that retailers have rejected but they looked pristine. I got strangers of paradise ps4 for 17 and minecraft dungeons ultimate for 20. Check your bargain centers if you have any near you.

Going to venture out in search of a carpet cleaner AND the tequila lime chimken, I've got one store nearby that shows in-stock. It's either a miracle waiting for me or a ghost, fingers crossed. 

bread's done
Back