Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a guy price check a copy of Monster Hunter stories floating around on a wire rack in the hard plastic security case thinking maybe it hit a markdown being not in the display case, but no dice.
If it was for the first game on 3DS a brand new factory-sealed copy was going for like double the original MSRP last I saw. Super unlikely though as those are generally long gone.

If it was for the first game on 3DS a brand new factory-sealed copy was going for like double the original MSRP last I saw. Super unlikely though as those are generally long gone.
Sorry for not being clear - but it was 2 for switch.

If it was 1 for 3DS I would have snagged it.

My local Walmart moved the cartons with the clearance games in them to the overheard shelf in the clearance area to make room for other items.

So, now, not only can I not find anything to buy since the prices never drop any further, but I can't try to get them down to look through the cartons without risking serious injury.  :shock:

More clearance.

Switch
Cobra Kai 22.37
Fitness boxing 2 31.42
Fire emblem warriors three hopes 44.91
Xenoblade 3 44.99
Dq11 33.66
Zelda skyward sword 37.46
Triangle strategy 37.46

PS4
Aliens firetram 22.41
Nerf legends 29.87

Xbox
Cyberpunk 14.95
Aftermath 22m4aliena firetram 22.42
Ark ultimate 37.46
Need for speed 14.95
Hitman 3 22.41

All in normal shelving space.

More clearance.

Switch
Cobra Kai 22.37
Fitness boxing 2 31.42
Fire emblem warriors three hopes 44.91
Xenoblade 3 44.99
Dq11 33.66
Zelda skyward sword 37.46
Triangle strategy 37.46

PS4
Aliens firetram 22.41
Nerf legends 29.87

Xbox
Cyberpunk 14.95
Aftermath 22m4aliena firetram 22.42
Ark ultimate 37.46
Need for speed 14.95
Hitman 3 22.41

All in normal shelving space.
Like previously, unable to reproduce any. It may just be an individual store thing.

Like previously, unable to reproduce any. It may just be an individual store thing.
I have a semi local walmart that literally refuses to lower game prices as if it’s their own personal stash. Games that haven’t been priced down since 9/2021 and are yellow tagged 1 cent below the at then MSRP still lying around on end caps in plastic coffins.

A lot of my local walmarts don't mark things down either or if they do its pretty lame. Yellow tags with 10-30% off after games have dropped in value to much less at other stores either during sales or on the secondhand market

My local Walmart moved the cartons with the clearance games in them to the overheard shelf in the clearance area to make room for other items.

So, now, not only can I not find anything to buy since the prices never drop any further, but I can't try to get them down to look through the cartons without risking serious injury. :shock:
Serious injury inside a Walmart will likely lead you to a nice settlement or an incredible jury verdict. Then you can afford non-clearance prices!

So, now, not only can I not find anything to buy since the prices never drop any further, but I can't try to get them down to look through the cartons without risking serious injury. :shock:
Head over to the hardware section and pick up a step ladder and bring it over there?

Serious injury inside a Walmart will likely lead you to a nice settlement or an incredible jury verdict. Then you can afford non-clearance prices!
I kinda thought about it it would be nice to get injured and get millions for it. Just gotta think will it be worth it.

Can I do an return/rebuy at a different Wal-Mart? Closer Wal-Mart to me has the item on clearance for $75 (According to Brickseek, None in stock). Compared to the Wal-Mart I got it at for $141. MSRP is $150 (2020 model, Motorola Baby Monitor). I asked the electronics employee about how can I get the cheaper price at the other store?, and he basically said to return/rebuy and he seen it done plenty of times at his old store. I mean eBay open box is around $70. So Its not like I'm making bank. I was looking to gift it to an family member.

Can I do an return/rebuy at a different Wal-Mart? Closer Wal-Mart to me has the item on clearance for $75 (According to Brickseek, None in stock). Compared to the Wal-Mart I got it at for $141. MSRP is $150 (2020 model, Motorola Baby Monitor). I asked the electronics employee about how can I get the cheaper price at the other store?, and he basically said to return/rebuy and he seen it done plenty of times at his old store. I mean eBay open box is around $70. So Its not like I'm making bank. I was looking to gift it to an family member.
ymmv my local store will make you wait until they put it back out

You can try but they might deny it.

Yeah, just tell them you used the wrong card and want to return/rebuy. Most of the time it's fine unless you get a kool-aid drinker who is overly protective of their store and thinks they'll impress Sam's family

Tiny Tina’s wonderland $19.93
The quarry $19.93
Sonic colors $14.88[attachment=37449:F3B54E9A-DC0E-4786-99A7-39FE41D30213.jpeg][attachment=37450:4BDD023F-87DE-4AC6-B77B-894B71C30AB9.jpeg][attachment=37451:A77CD0B1-21A9-476F-9CD2-CFC63E891939.jpeg][attachment=37452:D437CCF8-FE09-4C95-A854-591FCC2D58E4.jpeg]

Yeah, just tell them you used the wrong card and want to return/rebuy. Most of the time it's fine unless you get a kool-aid drinker who is overly protective of their store and thinks they'll impress Sam's family
Apparently from what I found out, Baby Monitors are non-returnable in the system. She didn't know why either, but noticed it was a older model, and tried to work with me. I basically said listen another wal-mart closer to me has it for $72.50. She said I can't process a return for you, but I can do an partial refund to make it that same amount as the other wal-mart? If that works for you? Which I took and agreed too. Def not worth $70 in my opinion but it works fine.

For a couple of years now, I’ve been checking my local Walmart’s section of $19.99 PS4 games for a price drop once or twice a month. They FINALLY have discounted a bunch of them to $14.88, so I grabbed Watch Dogs 2 and hope that they drop a bunch more of them to that price (or lower)!

One of my local Walmarts had Switch OLED White marked clearance for $330 when they first came out. Walmart does weird shit.
Walmart is completely nonsensical. Occasionally some new release video games and toys will be on clearance two weeks later. Then there's shit that's three years old nobody wants and it's on clearance for full price. It's like a band of orangutans run the place. Amazing what you can find once or twice per year tho.

Walmart is completely nonsensical. Occasionally some new release video games and toys will be on clearance two weeks later. Then there's shit that's three years old nobody wants and it's on clearance for full price. It's like a band of orangutans run the place. Amazing what you can find once or twice per year tho.
3 years? Hell, I’ve walked into Walmarts in the past year that had PS2 and DS games, with a clearance sticker, still marked at full original price.

I still regret not grabbing the copies of Legend of dragoon and xenogears at my local Walmart. The latter especially was going for dosh like crazy a few years ago just for green greatest hits labels.

I still regret not grabbing the copies of Legend of dragoon and xenogears at my local Walmart. The latter especially was going for dosh like crazy a few years ago just for green greatest hits labels.
Strange you randomly mention this. I can specifically remember I got my copy of Legend of Dragoon (black label) from a big bin of clearance games. I just bought it because it looked cool and was on sale. Pretty sure I remember getting Tomb Raider 3 greatest hits or something like that from the same bin.

This was at a Walmart without a grocery area, before "super Walmarts" were ubiquitous. I remember when the town over got a super Walmart and it was a big deal and we'd go to check it out. Groceries at Walmart, whoa!!

Strange you randomly mention this. I can specifically remember I got my copy of Legend of Dragoon (black label) from a big bin of clearance games. I just bought it because it looked cool and was on sale. Pretty sure I remember getting Tomb Raider 3 greatest hits or something like that from the same bin.

This was at a Walmart without a grocery area, before "super Walmarts" were ubiquitous. I remember when the town over got a super Walmart and it was a big deal and we'd go to check it out. Groceries at Walmart, whoa!!
It always bothered me I didn't pick up some Famicom micros when they were clearanced at Walmart but that wasn't even the best deal on micros, one store had a shelf full of regular micros for 20 bucks and I got them and gave them out instead of hoarding them unfortunately.

The most painful moment was passing up a copy of Shantae that a Blockbuster apparently found in the back (even then finding a sealed Gameboy color was noteworthy) and put out while they were closing. I was irritated because the price wasn't discounted that much and instead bought a PS2 network adapter. I very much regret that choice...

Yeah the closest walmart in the next county over was the same way. Once they renovated and added the grocery sections then all the stuff was gone. I got my first laptop there for around 145 which was pretty cheap 20 something years ago.

It still blows my mind today to walk into a target or Walmart and see alcohol for sale. Living in PA that would never happen.

On of my walmart in my area has games on clearance for awhile. So I keep going there every week or other week just to see anything new a gut feeling. Apparently I was right elden ring for $37 and HZW for $38 not low enough for me. Probably stop caring about it since Sony exclusive wont get dropped low wnough3 for me.

It still blows my mind today to walk into a target or Walmart and see alcohol for sale. Living in PA that would never happen.
Someday we'll get there. Moving out of state and seeing beer at CVS & even 7-Eleven was hard to get used to. Sheetz just over the border have beer and are completely different from the Western PA ones.

Wario has 1.1 million followers. Quick search shows Slickdeals had 85 million visits in October and is a top 300 website in the US. I'm not sure they're comparable?

Wario has 1.1 million followers. Quick search shows Slickdeals had 85 million visits in October and is a top 300 website in the US. I'm not sure they're comparable?
I don’t know what you are trying to compare. Some of Wario64’s followers are bots, it’s just the nature of the beast when it comes to Twitter. Now the visits to Slickdeals, that’s not unique visitors. Until you have a number of unique visitors, you have no idea of the audience.

It always bothered me I didn't pick up some Famicom micros when they were clearanced at Walmart but that wasn't even the best deal on micros, one store had a shelf full of regular micros for 20 bucks and I got them and gave them out instead of hoarding them unfortunately.

The most painful moment was passing up a copy of Shantae that a Blockbuster apparently found in the back (even then finding a sealed Gameboy color was noteworthy) and put out while they were closing. I was irritated because the price wasn't discounted that much and instead bought a PS2 network adapter. I very much regret that choice...
My AMES had cla huge stack of Conkers BFD for next to nothing. I didn't have an n64 at the time and I was also like 9 years old. They didn't enforce age limits on games back then but I had no money and mom couldn't justify buying games we didn't have a system for.

Ouch.

My AMES had cla huge stack of Conkers BFD for next to nothing. I didn't have an n64 at the time and I was also like 9 years old. They didn't enforce age limits on games back then but I had no money and mom couldn't justify buying games we didn't have a system for.

Ouch.
i still have my sealed copy from toys r us. I do however regret selling my sealed copy of harvest moon 64 for like $100. Also regret selling all my Magic dual lands awhile back. I used to play when they were $5 a piece...

I don’t know what you are trying to compare. Some of Wario64’s followers are bots, it’s just the nature of the beast when it comes to Twitter. Now the visits to Slickdeals, that’s not unique visitors. Until you have a number of unique visitors, you have no idea of the audience.
Additionally followers doesn't translate to how many people actually view warios posts. You can bookmark pages for convenience which bypasses following.

bread's done
Back