Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually found this and picked it up for the price. Its really nice and a few inches bigger then my previous. Was surprised to see it out and in the open for once. Great find thank you.
I thought about it based in the deal. I just ordered a new gaming monitor to go with my new tower I picked up on a walmart clearance last month.

I have a 32in 4k display now though it is too big for me. The problem is only want 4K for my next monitor and you don’t really get that high res without going over 28 inches. So I had to settle with 1440p 27in or my new 32 4K panel.

I know its been this way for long time now, but I hate that you can check an item's price but not if its stock on brickseek anymore. Some stores are too far away to gamble if they have an item or not. Yeah, I know inventory counts could still be wrong way before the nerfing of bs, but still.

I know its been this way for long time now, but I hate that you can check an item's price but not if its stock on brickseek anymore. Some stores are too far away to gamble if they have an item or not. Yeah, I know inventory counts could still be wrong way before the nerfing of bs, but still.
It's back to the wild west the way it used to be.. The thrill of the hunt

This is increasingly becoming the norm for retail stores -- and that's not a good thing.

In some ways, it's taking a page out of Amazon's play book. It's the use of price discrimination to send different prices to different buyers. Ideally, retailers want to find what a customer's purchase price is and sell that item to that customer for that price. Let's say there are two shoppers, A and B. A would pay $50 for Item X. B would pay $20 for Item X. If the store can only offer one price, it will only be able to it to A or B. Putting Item X on sale for $20 would only make the store $40. But if the store could sell the item for multiple prices, then it could make $70 by selling it for $50 to A and $20 to B.

This is something Amazon has been researching/playing with for some time. Eventually, I expect it to launch some form of this price discrimination/targeting to its customers.

Retailers like Target/Walmart would love to do the same thing, and it may be that they're trying to do it between those who shop online and those who shop in-store. The problem with this, of course, is that retailers are pushing their online apps as tools to use in-store so offering two different prices defeats their goal of using price discrimination.

It is probably a reason why you're seeing some discount promotions that only work when you order it online vs. in-store. As those retailers capture more of your data, I'm sure it'll figure out ways to target specific discounts to find out what your maximum purchase prices are for products.
Heads up Lowe's does this if you are not aware. Their online prices are sometimes lower than in the store. They refused to price match; so I ordered the item for curb delivery and got it 10 mins later. I guess they are trying to capture the money for customers that do not price compare.

Picked up:

John Wick Hex PS4 - $10

Control Ultimate Edition PS5 - $15

I think John Wick was supposed to be an older clearance item but just now made it at that store.

My wife showed me a screenshot of one of her groups showing that Switch Lites are $50 at some walmarts.

Major ymmv but yeah bolo
Just checked the 5 standard color variations on Brickseek but was not able to reproduce in my area. All showing $200 everywhere around here.

If it says unknown on brickseek it basically means ur wasting ur time trying to look for it instore?

If it says unknown on brickseek it basically means ur wasting ur time trying to look for it instore?
Bricksek has been broken for inventory numbers for a long while now, everything shows up as unknown. The only way to check is to call the store or check in person. Now days brickseek is only good for checking if the store has clearance pricing on a product.

Don’t advertise you’re buying and reselling a firearm unless you’re an FFL
Good to know,even though it was a thought.
Edit: Oh I see it now, I would've been an arms dealer and went to jail for that. Like I said glad it was just a thought lol literally didnt use my brain for that. Pawn shop would be better.

List that I found yesterday, all PS4 and $8 each:

• Shadow of the Tomb Raider (plain edition)
  • Lego the Incredibles
  • Jump Force
  • Witcher 3 Wild Hunt (plain edition)

I plan to return Shadow and Witcher since they're base editions and not deluxe/complete. I already own Shadow steelbook edition as well.

Today I saw:

Evil Dead (Xbox, $5)
Soul Caliber VI (PS4, $5)
Cabela’s The Hunt (Switch, $5)
Saint’s Row (PS4 Standard $15, Steelbook Edition $10)

I picked up some games for the Switch and saw a few others.

Picked up:
Live A Live $25
Persona 5 Strikers $10
Neo The World Ends With You $10
Astral Chain $20
Fire Emblem Three Hopes $20

Saw:
My Hero Academia $5
Paw Patrol $10
DC Super Hero Girls $25
Destroy All Humans $10
L.O.L $15

They also had a bunch of sport PS4 games and lots of copies of Back 4 Blood for $10 on PS4 & PS5. Also picked up a PS5 copy of Sackboy's Adventure for $10.

Picked up:
Live A Live $25
Persona 5 Strikers $10
Astral Chain $20
Maybe you should buy a lottery ticket as well. Solid deals all around. I was thinking I'd grab Astral Chain when it was cheap but most stores sold out and the one with a copy still wants $50 for it.

Picked up:
Live A Live $25
Persona 5 Strikers $10
Astral Chain $20

Saw:
My Hero Academia $5
Paw Patrol $10
DC Super Hero Girls $25
Destroy All Humans $10
L.O.L $15

They also had a bunch of sport PS4 games and lots of copies of Back 4 Blood for $10 on PS4 & PS5. Also picked up a PS5 copy of Sackboy's Adventure for $10.
Some good deals there, lucky you. Not able to replicate anywhere in my area, unfortunately :whistle2:(

Spotted today across two local stores, $8 each:

Fortnite Minty Legends Pack, Switch and ps4 (Xbox not discounted)

Watch Dogs Legion ps4

Harvest Moon: Mad Dash, Switch

Kinda of excited to post this again...

Just saw the gaming PC desktop deal pop up again at a walmart store. The $1200 Asus G10DK popped back in stock at $489 clearance price. I hunted for this for months and finally found one around xmas time. Visited a store tonight looking for some new clearance games and the electronics department randomly had the tower locked in a glass cabinet, which the box was still covered in dust.

This is the walmart link:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ASUS-ROG-Strix-Gaming-Desktops-AMD-Ryzen-7-5700G-16GB-RAM-NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3060-12GB-1TB-HD-256GB-SSD-Windows-10-Gray-G10DK-WB764/797509896

I went to my local store yesterday and they had a small handful of games on clearance for the first time in at least a year or so.  

The only ones I remember, all for PS4, all $8 each:

Fortnite Minty Legends

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (base edition)

Watch Dogs 2

The Last of Us Remastered (Greatest Hits)

A handful of XBox One games too, can't remember any specific titles.  I think there were only 1 or 2 copies of each game.  But still, I can't remember the last time this store actually had games on clearance.

Unexpected find today:
walmart-hogwartslegacy.jpg

Only one available. Case has some damage and seems to be previously opened (WM taped it back up), but damn that's a good price for a hot new release. Picked it up for my brother since he bought it two days ago at GS for $70 and hadn't opened it yet.

Unexpected find today:
walmart-hogwartslegacy.jpg

Only one available. Case has some damage and seems to be previously opened (WM taped it back up), but damn that's a good price for a hot new release. Picked it up for my brother since he bought it two days ago at GS for $70 and hadn't opened it yet.
I hope you checked it before you left the store. In my experience a lot of Walmart locations love to repackage/reseal things that are missing parts/components (even critical ones) and are not really in proper saleable condition. They are generally lazy and do not do a proper check and will often just throw things back up for sale that shouldn't be.

I hope you checked it before you left the store. In my experience a lot of Walmart locations love to repackage/reseal things that are missing parts/components (even critical ones) and are not really in proper saleable condition. They are generally lazy and do not do a proper check and will often just throw things back up for sale that shouldn't be.
I had the clerk peek inside to verify the disc was there.

The case was likely damaged at the manufacturer or in transit. The clerk mentioned that they have more games in back that have damaged and cannot be put out for sale. Also possible it’s a return.

I found out this week that my Walmart will label things, including games, with clearance tags but some of the tags don't say clearance on them (just standard yellow) and they are full priced and tagged that way to be stuffed in the clearance aisle. Lame. Not sure if a store/regional/national thing though.

I found out this week that my Walmart will label things, including games, with clearance tags but some of the tags don't say clearance on them (just standard yellow) and they are full priced and tagged that way to be stuffed in the clearance aisle. Lame. Not sure if a store/regional/national thing though.
Mine does that.

WM has been doing this for a long time. Clearance does not always mean reduced price. It also refers to products no longer being carried or that are be being updated.

Anyone have any insight on Walmart's practices when they close a store?  A store about 30 minutes away, in a somewhat ghetto-ish area announced they're fully closing in a month.  I'm wondering whether the stock (specifically the gaming stuff of course) will get heavy discounts or if it will just get shipped off somewhere else.

Had to go back in today, they added a lot more.

Switch:
Monster Hunter Rise $8
Monster Hunter Stories 2 $15
Fortnite Frosty $8

PS4:
Fortnite Frosty $8
Resident Evil 2 $10
Watch Dogs Legion $5
Just Dance 2022 $3
Avengers $10

PS5:
Battlefield 2042 $8
Resident Evil Village $10
Far Cry 6 $10
Final Fantasy 7 Intergrade $30

Xbox:
Outriders $10
Jump Force $8
Madden 22 Nxt Level $5

There was also another grey cart nearby that had PS5 copies of Lego Star Wars and The Last of Us Part 1, but they weren't taged.

bread's done
Back