Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Had to go back in today, they added a lot more.

Switch:
Monster Hunter Rise $8
Monster Hunter Stories 2 $15
Fortnite Frosty $8

PS4:
Fortnite Frosty $8
Resident Evil 2 $10
Watch Dogs Legion $5
Just Dance 2022 $3
Avengers $10

PS5:
Battlefield 2042 $8
Resident Evil Village $10
Far Cry 6 $10
Final Fantasy 7 Intergrade $30

Xbox:
Outriders $10
Jump Force $8
Madden 22 Nxt Level $5

There was also another grey cart nearby that had PS5 copies of Lego Star Wars and The Last of Us Part 1, but they weren't taged.
Brickseek is useless for inventory now correct? We just have to go to Walmart now and see if the item is there and at that price?

Brickseek is useless for inventory now correct? We just have to go to Walmart now and see if the item is there and at that price?
As far as Walmart goes it works for the price, but not for stock numbers. For what it's worth I was not able to replicate anything that that guy posted from his store, so it may be a super isolated thing.

I was able to stop at 2 Walmarts yesterday on my way back home. One Walmart was so clean and neat, plus that's the one that had hundreds of items on clearance in the electronic. They had gaming routers and other routers, a lot of different headphones and portable speakers, wireless chargers... Just a wide variety of electronic items on clearance. I saw a few old games but nothing that really caught my eye. There were some clearance laptops in the cabinet with a lonely PS5 but I didn't really look at their specs to see if they were worth it.

The other Walmart that's close to my apartment was just trash. There is never any clearance items and it's always so dirty in there. I think any electronic clearance items are automatically moved to the back room here. Interesting because my Walmart is supposed to be in a more affluent neighborhood and it was in such poor condition compared to the other one.

Switch:
Monster Hunter Rise $8
Fortnite Frosty $8
PS4:
Fortnite Frosty $8
Resident Evil 2 $10
Watch Dogs Legion $5
Just Dance 2022 $3
Avengers $10
PS5:
Battlefield 2042 $8
Far Cry 6 $10
Xbox:
Outriders $10
Jump Force $8
Madden 22 Nxt Level $5
There was also another grey cart nearby that had PS5 copies of Lego Star Wars and The Last of Us Part 1, but they weren't taged.
could you get me a copy of final fantasy 7 remake for ps5?

YMMV, Anyone with a Chase credit card should check their Chase offers section.  There’s a targeted offer for 10% back on Walmart.com purchases.  Expires 3/16.  Mine was 10% back, max cash back of $11. 
I purchased a Walmart gift card for $110 to max it out.  

Anyone have any insight on Walmart's practices when they close a store? A store about 30 minutes away, in a somewhat ghetto-ish area announced they're fully closing in a month. I'm wondering whether the stock (specifically the gaming stuff of course) will get heavy discounts or if it will just get shipped off somewhere else.
Yeah my Walmart in Plainfield, IL is closing soon as well. I heard and seen an YT on it, doesn't seem like much is on clearance. I think an worker said at an different wal-mart that items that obviously sell well, will just get shipped off.

Yeah my Walmart in Plainfield, IL is closing soon as well. I heard and seen an YT on it, doesn't seem like much is on clearance. I think an worker said at an different wal-mart that items that obviously sell well, will just get shipped off.
The one isn Homewood, Il is closing too, and nothing is on sale but the store is still emptying out. I only see the old clearance stuff.

Anyone have any insight on Walmart's practices when they close a store? A store about 30 minutes away, in a somewhat ghetto-ish area announced they're fully closing in a month. I'm wondering whether the stock (specifically the gaming stuff of course) will get heavy discounts or if it will just get shipped off somewhere else.
Good luck with that store im sure they are going to ship most of the decent stuff to the Germantown location... I wont go to that place on Silver spring period anymore its just not worth the hassle for me. If you do happen to go and there is some actual worthwhile stuff hit me up I may put on my abdomen protector and go one last time if anything to catch Covid again

https://i.postimg.cc/Dwn9JjRp/0218231642.jpg

https://postimg.cc/GHg76QLv]
0218231642.jpg

Thank you Mike. Some if not most of those prices are atrocious though.
Yeah most of them are old and I already posted once. They been at the same price for months. Apparently they will never be bought besides RnC that I bought. The GT7 one is new though which why I post it. I would post the switch and Xbox even though but I dont play those. Probably dosent matter and I doubt we get a widespread deal like the other year with ganes being $3 $7 etc.
Dying light I think is new

https://i.postimg.cc/W1gwNYCn/0218231642a.jpg

Cant believe outta 5 walmarts this is the only one that has the clearance tags all the time. Gotta check once a week just incase cause you never know.

Buy resell isn't worth it business wise as your stock is volatile as is people purchasing whatever you bought to resell. At best go for select items that you researched before hand. But even then if it becomes more prevalent then you will have a difficult time unloading the goods and possibly not make a profit.

Speaking of brickseek shows these 2 3cent games and a $450 monitor for $30. Mouse and a keyboard and other for $1. Seriously I should go into a buy resell business

https://i.postimg.cc/zB8bDk6H/Screenshot-20230220-044600.png
https://i.postimg.cc/Gp5LVxr1/Screenshot-20230220-044438.png

https://i.postimg.cc/1XcZmGxX/Screenshot-20230220-044219.png
Monitor link: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=657711761

Shows for 30 at a local ish Walmart but Im not driving 20 minutes for a most likely Wild Goose chase

Switch:
Monster Hunter Rise $8
Fortnite Frosty $8

PS4:
Fortnite Frosty $8
Resident Evil 2 $10
Watch Dogs Legion $5
Just Dance 2022 $3
Avengers $10

PS5:
Battlefield 2042 $8
Far Cry 6 $10

Xbox:
Outriders $10
Jump Force $8
Madden 22 Nxt Level $5

Big hit on PS5 FF7, that goes for $100 sealed now as the Yuffie DLC is just a download code. Goes for like $70 even used as the PS5 disc is OoP.

Was able to go in and pick up a copy of FF7 for PS5. They added a few more PS4 games too. Tiny Tina, The Quarry, Lego Star Wars and Assassin's Creed Valhalla all for $25.[attachment=37781:20230220_172451.jpg]

Buy resell isn't worth it business wise as your stock is volatile as is people purchasing whatever you bought to resell. At best go for select items that you researched before hand. But even then if it becomes more prevalent then you will have a difficult time unloading the goods and possibly not make a profit.
Pawn shop or something would work right. If its $450 I pay $30 on it then sell for at least $350 if not then pawn it for $200 down or $150. I see what you said about research. There's a keyboard that's $1 but seen a review of it and wasnt that good like the keys would get stuck.

Are the games on clearance in the same casing as the normally priced games? I have 3 Walmarts relatively nearby and I never see anything there except some really old games for $19.99

Are the games on clearance in the same casing as the normally priced games? I have 3 Walmarts relatively nearby and I never see anything there except some really old games for $19.99
This is why you use Brickseek, to find the prices. I know my Walmart is notorious for not marking/changing labels . Ive found tons of games with full price labels that marked down in the game case.

This is why you use Brickseek, to find the prices. I know my Walmart is notorious for not marking/changing labels . Ive found tons of games with full price labels that marked down in the game case.
Isn’t Brickseek pretty inaccurate nowadays? I used to use it until the opinion of it from people soured.

Monitor link: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=657711761
Shows for 30 at a local ish Walmart but Im not driving 20 minutes for a most likely Wild Goose chase
I literally found this monitor 5 minutes ago, im still at the parking lot, they had 2 in stock but price ahowed as $150 even tho Brickseek says they are at $30 at this exact same store.

So unless the clearance price only shows at the register then its not real, i tried wigh both, Walmart Plus app and asked a clerk to scan it. Both showed $150.

Am i missing something?

My store has them sitting on a shelf in the center of an aisle towards the rear of the store. They are always in those plastic security shells. Sometimes a bin next to the electronics register if there is a whole lot of them.

I literally found this monitor 5 minutes ago, im still at the parking lot, they had 2 in stock but price ahowed as $150 even tho Brickseek says they are at $30 at this exact same store.

So unless the clearance price only shows at the register then its not real, i tried wigh both, Walmart Plus app and asked a clerk to scan it. Both showed $150.

Am i missing something?
No I doubt your missing anything Brickseek at the end of the day is still a 3rd party website and there's bound to be an inaccuracies. In general ive never personally ran into this issue, with price not matching. Ive always had stock showing incorrectly when it still showed inventory levels.

Big hit on PS5 FF7, that goes for $100 sealed now as the Yuffie DLC is just a download code. Goes for like $70 even used as the PS5 disc is OoP.
Geez, I'm pretty sure these were $20 in a Gamestop B2G1 way back when or something like that. Guess we should've stocked up.

Edit: Never mind, they were just on sale for $35

[attachment=37782:ff7.png]

No I doubt your missing anything Brickseek at the end of the day is still a 3rd party website and there's bound to be an inaccuracies. In general ive never personally ran into this issue, with price not matching. Ive always had stock showing incorrectly when it still showed inventory levels.
me either but I would think that its not the right ones. Like you can have 2 of them one could be the low price and other can be higher price. You know what I'm saying like fresh donuts are regular price while the non fresh is cheaper kinda way.

me either but I would think that its not the right ones. Like you can have 2 of them one could be the low price and other can be higher price. You know what I'm saying like fresh donuts are regular price while the non fresh is cheaper kinda way.
Plus in some cases Walmart will either cross out or cover the original barcode and replace it with a different SKU in their system, which means it won't match what you might have looked up on Brickseek.

Had some errands to run last night right by a local shopping mall. Poked my nose in gamestop to see if they had any copies of Metroid due to the hype, but they did not. The lowes I was bound for had a walmart nextdoor and figured what the hell. Walked in and saw they had three copies of Metroid, so as I was waiting for the cashier I noticed this bad boy behind the counter lol.

Couldn't resist. Had him take it out of the plastic case and pull the disc out to make sure it was there and not scratched to hell.[attachment=37789:466471BD-B4CD-404A-A876-20A1614F1785.jpeg]

Had some errands to run last night right by a local shopping mall. Poked my nose in gamestop to see if they had any copies of Metroid due to the hype, but they did not. The lowes I was bound for had a walmart nextdoor and figured what the hell. Walked in and saw they had three copies of Metroid, so as I was waiting for the cashier I noticed this bad boy behind the counter lol.

Couldn't resist. Had him take it out of the plastic case and pull the disc out to make sure it was there and not scratched to hell. 466471BD-B4CD-404A-A876-20A1614F1785.jpeg
nice, now we gotta check behind the counter cause they might have some hidden.

nice, now we gotta check behind the counter cause they might have some hidden.
Honestly the way that it was presented it was sitting on top of the cages behind the register, so it was essentially "on display" they had a FEW clearance games in the cases (Yellow stickers as well) notable being splatoon 2 for 20 something but I have no interest in splatoon, and figured its probably not worth it to resell.

They did have a handful of other items with yellow tags back behind the register including a roomba, and some other odds and ends.

WITH THAT SAID, when last years hidden clearance (i.e. games marked down without yellow stickers) dropped I got lucky at a local store and had them pull out the games from the cages that they didn't have space out on the shelves for and that is where pretty much all the markdown games were hiding.

Wow, thanks for the heads up. My WM had 3 marked $25 each. Grabbing them now

Them? What’s all this hype about FF7 PS5 lately? I’ve owned it since launch, have yet to play it unfortunately.

People don’t need to be snatching up multiples. It’s ridiculous.

Them? What’s all this hype about FF7 PS5 lately? I’ve owned it since launch, have yet to play it unfortunately.

People don’t need to be snatching up multiples. It’s ridiculous.
dont know it was available I ps+ long time ago. I also still havent played it either.

Is the intermission dlc even free at this point? Maybe that’s part of why it’s selling for a higher price?
That's part of why it sells for that much. The Yuffie DLC can not be purchased outside of buying the full game (either Integrade digital or game disc). Not everyone wants it digitally so since the game is out of print, it is going for more used and new.

People are selling just the code that comes with the game but you aren't getting it on PSN directly.

Onn wired Camo gaming mouse is on clearance for $5 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=824359138

If anybody needs a cheap mouse this would be it, Bought one so let's see how long it lasts.

Vizio 65'' 4K TV - $89 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=502191218
$124 for me, its the D series the worse I bet.

https://i.postimg.cc/3xXgfkzp/Screenshot-20230226-060515.png Samsung Galaxy 10lite note $24 from $1k must be a non unlocked phone

Probably a YMMV situation but my Walmart emptied out the bottom of the PS4 case and marked everything $5. Nothing amazing from what I found but still some decent games. Mostly older sports and Tom Clancy games.

Probably a YMMV situation but my Walmart emptied out the bottom of the PS4 case and marked everything $5. Nothing amazing from what I found but still some decent games. Mostly older sports and Tom Clancy games.
My Walmart did the same thing for all the consoles but they just removed the games to the back. I swear my Walmart is the laziest when it comes to putting any clearance in the electronic section. They just move everything to the back.

bread's done
Back