Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought walmart doesn't honor the 3cent. Even brickseek has something like that as a warning on the page.
Some items can slip through the cracks sometimes. Assuming it's not in a locked display case you can take it through self-checkout and as long as the item isn't blocked in the system it may be possible to purchase. It's highly YMMV what will or won't be blocked though.
Actually it was lock in the display case & I had to have the associate ring it up for me. Gave him three pennies and he didn't even shrug about it.

We go here constantly about the negatives of apaethetic employees, which is warranted but the one silver lining of them is they truely don't care..about anything. :lol:

Really wish brickseek worked for showing stock still. I know it wasn't great, but it was atleast a baseline

Was looking for a handful of "recent" deals, but struck out. 80$ vizio TV, Air fryers, computers, ANY clearance games and went to like 8 walmarts a few weekends ago. Nada, anywhere. A lot of these deals are older. The stores that were reporting clearance prices I actually pulled up the UPC barcode from Brickseek to see if their system showed in stock, which it did not.

So best of luck, if you can find anything great, but don't go out of your way to look for any of these as you'll 99% strike out.

I've posted a few times, but I actually took a picture this time. Some new items on the shelf like One Piece Odyssey PS5 for $30, Horizon 2 PS4 for $40, and Five Nights at Freddy's Security Breach PS4 for $19. The lady at electronics told me to expect more soon. She said they were going to be clearancing out some accessories too. No specifics were given sadly.

[attachment=37828:20230324_142531.jpg]

I've posted a few times, but I actually took a picture this time. Some new items on the shelf like One Piece Odyssey PS5 for $30, Horizon 2 PS4 for $40, and Five Nights at Freddy's Security Breach PS4 for $19. The lady at electronics told me to expect more soon. She said they were going to be clearancing out some accessories too. No specifics were given sadly.

20230324_142531.jpg
Pretty hot deal on that ultimate miles morales

Sackboy ps4 with free ps5 upgrade $15 clearance at my store. Ymmv

Saints row steal edition ps4 with free ps5 upgrade $10 also. but im just going for sackboy

s43pXWP.jpg

dang!
$15, I went back and picked it up. Didnt know what it was from title alone, looks pretty cool from looking at a couple videos.

..and it just came out this month? :O must've bombed sales wise
Oh man $15 I'm jealous, imma wait see if it drops to $20. It was on gamepass, should have done well like its predecessors on ps5. I wont be surprised gamepass to the sales away from ps.

Dang again, haha I have gamepass.. hmm 

probably still good for the collection for the low price idk 

Spyro Trilogy PS4 $12
Tiny Wonderlands PS4 $15
Dyling Light 2 PS5 $20
CyberPunk PS4 $8
Strangers of Paradise FF:O PS5 $20
471.jpg

472.jpg

Didn't buy any of the games. I'm hoping for another price drop and I will pick these up.

But I did buy a Sony Bluetooth XB23 Speaker for $30 and now I have two of them (bought this same model last year on sale for $80 at BestBuy). What's neat about this model it has a party connect feature that lets you enjoy wireless playback using multiple speakers. 

475.jpg

Spyro Trilogy PS4 $12
Tiny Wonderlands PS4 $15
Dyling Light 2 PS5 $20
CyberPunk PS4 $8
Strangers of Paradise FF:O PS5 $20
471.jpg

472.jpg

Didn't buy any of the games. I'm hoping for another price drop and I will pick these up.

But I did buy a Sony Bluetooth XB23 Speaker for $30 and now I have two of them (bought this same model last year on sale for $80 at BestBuy). What's neat about this model it has a party connect feature that lets you enjoy wireless playback using multiple speakers.

475.jpg
nice wonder of thats a good speaker, feels like Christmas. I dont think those games gonna drop again my cyberpunk been at $11 for a year+. I only seen scarlet nexus go from $25 to $15 in another but that took a long time. By time it does someone end up buying it maybe.

Just picked up Sniper Elite!
[attachment=37832:CC162001-1682-4C8C-B2BD-9719EE81939B.jpeg]
[attachment=37833:5987455E-6659-45AE-94CF-BB96E2E4F42A.jpeg]
[attachment=37834:BBD85674-56EA-4EE8-A22A-91C1F71F9748.jpeg]

Damn so wo long is on clearance everywhere then. Also apparently everybody walmarts that has a clearance is better then mine. Y'all prices much cheaper then my clearances

You guys have cool walmarts. Mine gutted their game section and even some of the games on the budget rack are $50
Same with my nearest Wal-Mart. Last time I was there the bottom of the ps4 game cabinet was overloaded. Today it was empty. I asked the electronics dweeb if the older ps4 games were out on a clearance display and he said 'no, we got rid of them'.

Same with my nearest Wal-Mart. Last time I was there the bottom of the ps4 game cabinet was overloaded. Today it was empty. I asked the electronics dweeb if the older ps4 games were out on a clearance display and he said 'no, we got rid of them'.
Lol my other Wal-Mart's be overloaded and they just stay overloaded. We shhould ask the people why not just put them on clearance like other items. I can tell you one thing they got rid of them as in they sent them off to other Wal-Mart's or stores. This one employee told me when I was looking for nioh 2 collection back then that they get clearance items from other Wal-Mart's etc.

That should be illegal for that price of a ps3 game.

I'm just amazed that everyting in all these pictures have clear a price sticker on them, that & they're not stacked in the cabnet with the spine facing the back wall.  It's like I'm in the Twilight Zone.

I'm just amazed that everyting in all these pictures have clear a price sticker on them, that & they're not stacked in the cabnet with the spine facing the back wall. It's like I'm in the Twilight Zone.
The closest I have ever seen is a yellow or green dot sticker that may or may not indicate a discount.

A Walmart I go to still has Hitman Absolution Professional edition for $47 on PS3.
73207628adee0eb85d057cfb9e66f86e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That game’s like two Presidents old now. Back when Obama was young, Biden was old, and Trump was a reality TV star.

That spider-wrap’s not doing it any favors either. By chance, did your store also hoard PS2 copies of Aerosmith Guitar Hero? They had tons at my store for FOREVER. Eventually they disappeared—sometime in the PS4 era.

That game’s like two Presidents old now. Back when Obama was young, Biden was old, and Trump was a reality TV star.

That spider-wrap’s not doing it any favors either. By chance, did your store also hoard PS2 copies of Aerosmith Guitar Hero? They had tons at my store for FOREVER. Eventually they disappeared—sometime in the PS4 era.
I seen some ps2 games a 🎿 and 🐎 game

No I haven’t seen anything related to guitar hero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guitar hero aerosmith I bought like 10 copies of that when they clearanced them out for pennies for the cases.  Along with a few ps1 copies of mary kate and ashley, a psp football game and some ps2 basketball games. but that was nearly 10 years ago. 

I went to Walmart today. They had two copies of PS5 Wo Long and one Resident Evil 4 on the $19.99 wall inside of security cases.   I asked a dude to price check them for me.  They were $59.99 so he took them away from me and put them in lockup. 

I need another cup of coffee.  :cold:

I went to Walmart today. They had two copies of PS5 Wo Long and one Resident Evil 4 on the $19.99 wall inside of security cases. I asked a dude to price check them for me. They were $59.99 so he took them away from me and put them in lockup.

I need another cup of coffee. :cold:
Never trust the $20 wall. Still amazing how multiple different walmarts has the same games on clearance with different prices. I regret not picking up wo long but I had that battle of should I or should I not. My rule is dont go over $20 and $30 is the limit which makes it hard. Anyway sorry to hear that, at least you confirmed that it's just certain Wal-Mart's with yellow tag and not nation wide.

3 cent wise if you do find one the trick was to get an adult verification item in the same order like a r rated movie, nyquil, musinex etcetera.

Has anyone successfully purchased a $0.03 game anytime recently? You would think they would have it 100% locked down by now.
I haven't encountered one lately but last I saw it was pretty hit or miss what was blocked by the point-of-sale system and what wasn't.

Has anyone ever seen a controller on clearance. My stick drift in right stick is no joke. Each time after a firmware update it reappears. Anyways someone pages back I asked about the 3cent told me it depends. Like a person might care or another wont care and ring it up with no issue i think a well as something about self checkout. Gotta go back some pages to 100% clarification

Has anyone ever seen a controller on clearance. My stick drift in right stick is no joke. Each time after a firmware update it reappears. Anyways someone pages back I asked about the 3cent told me it depends. Like a person might care or another wont care and ring it up with no issue i think a well as something about self checkout. Gotta go back some pages to 100% clarification
Mostly 3rd party controllers. The xbox one controllers were clearanced when they made the new ones, also the Xbox elite controllers when they made the 2.

nice wonder of thats a good speaker, feels like Christmas. I dont think those games gonna drop again my cyberpunk been at $11 for a year+. I only seen scarlet nexus go from $25 to $15 in another but that took a long time. By time it does someone end up buying it maybe.
I went back to the same Walmart and looks like a few of the games I wanted dropped down again. Cyberpunk and Spyro Trilogy are all gone now! Dying Light 2 is still $20.

Picked up: Tiny Tina's Wonderlands $8, Strangers of Paradise FF:O $12, 2x Sony Bluetooth Speakers $10 each

Note: Wonderlands was $15 / Strangers of Paradise was $20 last week.

059.jpg

I went back to the same Walmart and looks like a few of the games I wanted dropped down again. Cyberpunk and Spyro Trilogy are all gone now! Dying Light 2 is still $20.

Picked up: Tiny Tina's Wonderlands $8, Strangers of Paradise FF:O $12, 2x Sony Bluetooth Speakers $10 each

059.jpg
I see so your walmart dropped the price even more then but the ones you wanted are gone. I'll say I'm lucky enough to at least have 1 outta 5 WM then most people but outta you guys like me I have the worse WM. My stuff aint dropping so I know to wait now

059.jpg
IMHO, Strangers is still overpriced.

I see so your walmart dropped the price even more then but the ones you wanted are gone. I'll say I'm lucky enough to at least have 1 outta 5 WM then most people but outta you guys like me I have the worse WM. My stuff aint dropping so I know to wait now
Walmart is all about discounting that bass, no treble.

The Marlton, NJ store started up their spring electronics clearance with a few $5 Xbox games, some of which weren't Madden or NHL:

The Falconeer
Snowrunner
Transformers Battlegrounds

Maaan its like I said if you see a game specially a brand new one discounted get it. Apparently some sob bought all the wo long and wild hearts and I regret not buying it. At same time my WM changed up, the games doesn't have yellow tags no more and now there are on the shelf. Also I said clearance games doesn't really drop but apparently afyer I said so. Deathloop apparently drop to $5 and then there were other like dying light 2 dropped to $10 and saints row at $10 ps4. That ghostwire whatever was $5 but it was a wrong tag so i dont know for sure but I had a feeling it was probably $5 or $10 i shouldve had it scanned I didnt care to much about that.

bread's done
Back