Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
TBH with my feelings those are wack games. Games like that would be those prices anyways even borderlands was like $8 on ps and Xbox. Gotta be more like newer games like SF6 when it comes out in June 2, it being $30 a week or 2 later.
To each their own. I go out of my way to post these because some people might find them to be good gifts for relatives, friends, or perhaps filling out a physical collection.

TBH with my feelings those are wack games. Games like that would be those prices anyways even borderlands was like $8 on ps and Xbox. Gotta be more like newer games like SF6 when it comes out in June 2, it being $30 a week or 2 later.
To each their own. I go out of my way to post these because some people might find them to be good gifts for relatives, friends, or perhaps filling out a physical collection.
With today's rampant inflation, the days of the $5 and under game clearances are pretty much over. I welcome any savings that I can find, so I appreciate kyoya and anyone else who posts their finds here because everyone who gets this information can possibly benefit from it.

So, thank you for posting, kyoya! :applause:

$5 is way too high, I'm used to those three cent games!

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
The 3cent ones are meh games but the ones back in 2021 with big games for $3 $7 was the best. Shyt like never happened since. The only time something went down a good price for a good game was best buy random only clearance

I miss CC and TRU. I still have my sealed N64 conker game from TRU clearance.
Me too. We will never experience sealed/ complete in box games like that again. Its totally different having sealed cardboard box games from N64 and earlier gens and the sealed disc games we have now. The older gen cardboard box games have great artwork and color compared to today's bland dvd/bluray cases with no manual or anything. I love looking at my older collections and all the maps, manuals, posters, etc that the companies made when they cared about making quality packages to go along with the games.

I miss CC and TRU. I still have my sealed N64 conker game from TRU clearance.
I’m still kicking myself skipping on the vita TV sealed clearance at TRU for about $35 way back when. I was never interested in playing in my TV. Then the value of the damn thing skyrocketed.

I’m still kicking myself skipping on the vita TV sealed clearance at TRU for about $35 way back when. I was never interested in playing in my TV. Then the value of the damn thing skyrocketed.
controller bundle with memory card?

I remember the solo was just 20 and the bundle was around that price.

I bought a Vita TV because it was cheap, and I was still very much into the handheld Vita. Hey, I can play these games on a big screen! And hack it for even MORE games that wouldn't normally work on a Vita TV! You can even use a PS4 controller as a touchscreen! What's not to like?

Later, I bought a Vita TV (the big bundle, with the memory stick, a PS4 controller, and the voucher for Sly Cooper) at a Wal-Mart for thirty bucks. I was happy to get all the extra stuff, especially a fresh PS4 controller, but I wasn't so much interested in the system. If I could use my choice of controller and add storage that didn't fill up the USB slot or the cartridge slot and didn't cost a zillion dollars, I might be more inclined to use one.

(The cartridge slot is largely vestigial now; maybe I'll break down and get a big SD card, an SD2Vita converter, and cram it with a crapload of, uh, independently sourced games. 256GB would get you pretty far on a Vita, wouldn't it?)

Me too. We will never experience sealed/ complete in box games like that again. Its totally different having sealed cardboard box games from N64 and earlier gens and the sealed disc games we have now. The older gen cardboard box games have great artwork and color compared to today's bland dvd/bluray cases with no manual or anything. I love looking at my older collections and all the maps, manuals, posters, etc that the companies made when they cared about making quality packages to go along with the games.
Amen to all of this. I miss the good old days when those kinds of things were standard and physical games had nice touches like that that felt like they added value. There's a certain nostalgia as well as appreciation factor there. And in some cases it was even very functional/useful, like if if the game came with a handy reference guide or something like that. Nowadays it's all about penny-pinching and it's just really sad.

I bought a Vita TV because it was cheap, and I was still very much into the handheld Vita. Hey, I can play these games on a big screen! And hack it for even MORE games that wouldn't normally work on a Vita TV! You can even use a PS4 controller as a touchscreen! What's not to like?

Later, I bought a Vita TV (the big bundle, with the memory stick, a PS4 controller, and the voucher for Sly Cooper) at a Wal-Mart for thirty bucks. I was happy to get all the extra stuff, especially a fresh PS4 controller, but I wasn't so much interested in the system. If I could use my choice of controller and add storage that didn't fill up the USB slot or the cartridge slot and didn't cost a zillion dollars, I might be more inclined to use one.

(The cartridge slot is largely vestigial now; maybe I'll break down and get a big SD card, an SD2Vita converter, and cram it with a crapload of, uh, independently sourced games. 256GB would get you pretty far on a Vita, wouldn't it?)
PS4 controller? Maybe I'm wrong here (or this is another country thing?) but the bundles came with PS3 controllers. I bought the one you are talking about and then bought another (should have bought a bunch of them) with another game later (both from Walmart).

Those were good times. That's what got me into the vita and I thankfully was able to find a vita new before they disappeared completely. I still have my backup pstv new/sealed.

It may have just been a store bundle and not an official bundle by Sony. Like my wiiu smash bundle I got from Newegg years back.

I got my vita TV via bestbuy not Walmart now that I think about it.

I remember those cheap Vita TV's; I bought one then and then found another one at a pawn shop (without a charger) for fifteen bucks.

I really didn't even play them that much - but one thing I did like was that some games saved to cart instead of to the system, so I could choose to play on my Vita or on TV without missing a beat on my save file (before the Switch came around).

Waaait... I got one of those Vita TV things dirt cheap, but I was under the impression it was digital only.  Did they have a cartridge version too?

I remember opening it and finding no way to insert the cheap Vita cartridge I had purchased...

I'm unaware of any Playstation TVs without a cartridge port. You may want to look more carefully at it... there should be a rubber stopper on the side of the system labeled "PSVITA" that can be removed. That's where you'll find the cartridge slot.

Waaait... I got one of those Vita TV things dirt cheap, but I was under the impression it was digital only. Did they have a cartridge version too?

I remember opening it and finding no way to insert the cheap Vita cartridge I had purchased...
ccf4be810edd432220e39fa494a4aca4.jpg

You placed the cartridge in the place in the pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just found some individual red and blue joy cons at my store for $20 each. Thought it was worth mentioning since stores in my area literally never put any games or accessories on clearance.

I'm unaware of any Playstation TVs without a cartridge port. You may want to look more carefully at it... there should be a rubber stopper on the side of the system labeled "PSVITA" that can be removed. That's where you'll find the cartridge slot.

ccf4be810edd432220e39fa494a4aca4.jpg

You placed the cartridge in the place in the pic

I may have to dig the box out from my closet and test this some day...

God that 2004-2005 Green Tag 70-90% clearance was legendary. I got so many PS1, PS2, Dreamcast and N64 accessories and games for less than $3 bucks. I'm still kicking myself for passing on a Mega Man 64 since it was only 70% off vs 90%. I did get a PSOne + Screen bundle for like $15. [emoji24] RIP Toys R Us.

God that 2004-2005 Green Tag 70-90% clearance was legendary. I got so many PS1, PS2, Dreamcast and N64 accessories and games for less than $3 bucks. I'm still kicking myself for passing on a Mega Man 64 since it was only 70% off vs 90%. I did get a PSOne + Screen bundle for like $15. [emoji24] RIP Toys R Us.

Yooooo I've got one of those cheap PS1/screen bundles from that TRU clearance somewhere. RIP

I still have 2 or 3 of those Vita TV bundles with the controller still sealed somewhere, also a stand alone one that I opened and whitelisted it so I could play all my cartiage games on it....... I have to much stuff packed away lol.

Some electronics finds today.
These were not this price last weekend.
The game in the spider-wrap is called Active Life, includes leg straps.
It Takes Two is cutoff… it was $15.
You can bet your butt-crack I bought Monster Hunter Rise for $10.
[attachment=37944:IMG_0076.jpeg]
[attachment=37945:IMG_0078.jpeg]
[attachment=37946:IMG_0079.jpeg]
[attachment=37947:IMG_0080.jpeg]
[attachment=37948:IMG_0077.jpeg]

I'm a bit tickled that with a username like CartCollector you didn't know that a system you collected supposedly has a cartridge slot :whistle2:
Eh -- I nabbed this for $10 at Toys R Us ages ago, bought a cheap Vita cartridge, and found myself puzzled when the Vita TV device appeared to have no cartridge slot NOR any reference to working with physical media in the instructions or on the box. I asked someone who owned Vita games, and (at the time) they said it was digital only.

I suppose I see the potential humor, though!

Eh -- I nabbed this for $10 at Toys R Us ages ago, bought a cheap Vita cartridge, and found myself puzzled when the Vita TV device appeared to have no cartridge slot NOR any reference to working with physical media in the instructions or on the box. I asked someone who owned Vita games, and (at the time) they said it was digital only.

I suppose I see the potential humor, though!
They were probably thinking of the psp go which was digital only.

Though a number of vita carts didn't work originally for the vita TV and were whitelisted later like tales of Hearts R.

I am so pissed right now.  :bomb:

On Saturday, I purchased a copy of Wreckfest for Xbox One that was supposed to be on clearance for $9.  There was a shelf tag that said it was $9, and it scanned for $9 on the only price scanner that they still have working at that location.  I only bought the game because it was cheap.

According to my receipt, I paid $19.93 for it, and it appears that the woman who checked me out at the front of the store did an override to raise the price back up to $19.93 because the receipt says "Reduced To Clear...Was 7.47" underneath that item's line on the receipt.

She was also extremely rude when I kept declining the $1 protection plan that she mentioned more than once while I was at the register.

I didn't notice what I paid until this morning when I looked at the total and couldn't figure out why the total was so high, but I had bought a few other items too.  I'll be going back to return the game before the weekend.

Lesson learned - always check your receipt before leaving Walmart.  :bomb:

I am so pissed right now. :bomb:

On Saturday, I purchased a copy of Wreckfest for Xbox One that was supposed to be on clearance for $9. There was a shelf tag that said it was $9, and it scanned for $9 on the only price scanner that they still have working at that location. I only bought the game because it was cheap.

According to my receipt, I paid $19.93 for it, and it appears that the woman who checked me out at the front of the store did an override to raise the price back up to $19.93 because the receipt says "Reduced To Clear...Was 7.47" underneath that item's line on the receipt.

She was also extremely rude when I kept declining the $1 protection plan that she mentioned more than once while I was at the register.

I didn't notice what I paid until this morning when I looked at the total and couldn't figure out why the total was so high, but I had bought a few other items too. I'll be going back to return the game before the weekend.

Lesson learned - always check your receipt before leaving Walmart. :bomb:
You didnt notice your total was higher at the register before paying?

Gotta love when you find clearance tags on the shelf for games and when a manager has to override them because they scan normal price, they claim they aren't the same game as the tag...

Also used the excuse "well I already changed the price of 2 other games for you so I don't have to do these"

This was my thought as well. I make it a point to always work out how much the total is supposed to be prior to paying so that any discrepancy should become apparent.

This was my thought as well. I make it a point to always work out how much the total is supposed to be prior to paying so that any discrepancy should become apparent.
Thank you for pointing out the obvious, gents. I'm days past that point now though, so I will just return and re-buy at the clearance price if there are any copies left the next time that I go to Walmart. If not, it's on Game Pass, so it's not a big loss.

In my state, everybody voted for $15 minimum wage. No wonder everything has just about doubled in price at restaurants and everywhere else.
What item specifically doubled in price at restaurants and what state? Prices will go up with higher wages, though they were up before wages went up either way, but double in price doesn't sound right.

In my state, everybody voted for $15 minimum wage. No wonder everything has just about doubled in price at restaurants and everywhere else.
This is actually correct. You raise wages, companies will raise prices - because they know they will get away with it. They can use literally any excuse to blame someone else for their prices rising and people will buy it, even as profits hit record highs. As long as we're blaming each other instead of corporate/oligarch greed.

bread's done
Back