Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
In a time where people are literally filling their carts with stuff and walking straight out the door with them, and no one does anything about it you’re going to stop me when I have bread and bananas in one hand and a receipt clearly in the other and am coming from the checkout area?

I work retail too, that’s why I don’t give the person just doing what they were told a hard time or attitude. If confronted (hardly ever) I smile, wave my receipt in the air, and thank them for their service. And keep on walking.
Same here, but I have no problem speaking up about it and criticizing it in any forum of discussion. As a general rule we should stand up for privacy protection and consumer rights, regardless of those who would marginalize it. Also, the observation in the first part echoes my thoughts and sentiments as well lol

But anyway let's not derail the topic. I have not found deals in any big box stores. Walmart for some reason most of the games no longer have price tags. Out of say 60 switch games 25 have a price tag.
I haven't looked around all that much recently but yeah it has seemed pretty dry for clearance deals lately.

isn't more time being wasted 'debating' the merit of checking receipts on this forum vs. just doing it and moving on With your day? Probably the individual feels empowered I doubt its enforced across all stores... Walmart is a cesspool anyways, we all know we just go there for the wild unpredictable experience and the ymmv deals / low prices and thats about it.
no

I'll show the damn receipt. It says, "Hey, proof of ownership, right here. I'm playing by the rules, so let me through and everyone can go on with their lives."

I just wish the Wal-Mart in my area wasn't so dependent on self checkout areas. You can hire dudes to scan my groceries or whatever... this is Wal-Mart, not Sav-A-Lot. You have the money.

I'll show the damn receipt. It says, "Hey, proof of ownership, right here. I'm playing by the rules, so let me through and everyone can go on with their lives."

I just wish the Wal-Mart in my area wasn't so dependent on self checkout areas. You can hire dudes to scan my groceries or whatever... this is Wal-Mart, not Sav-A-Lot. You have the money.
I like self checkout I dont need the worker seeing what I got and faster then waiting in a line. The ones at the door only check if you have alot of items or big expensive items. Also to note the camera has AI camera or something. Like I missed a item at self checkout and alerted me as well as a worker then it showed me on camera on the screen. I seen videos about checking receipt on you tube. One guy didnt want them to check his receipt so they called the police etc cost all the drama over a receipt. I was like the guy was dumb not wanting the guy doing his job to check his receipt. He had the right not to show it but the dumb part was wasting time arguing about it like show it and move on insteadve spending over an hour there and talking cops trying to prove a point abiut his rights. Walmart employees also just doing there jobs of course most are older people same goes for Sam's club so they are more on to the rules.

I already did search myself it's how I know my receipt is correct, that's why I just leave and say no thanks if the receipt checker bothers me, I'm not paid to be there, they are

Found the audit video you were talking about it was pretty good, didn't notice which guy got detained for an hour but he sounds like a moron, maybe he walked into the detainment room by accident and not the exit?

I already did search myself it's how I know my receipt is correct, that's why I just leave and say no thanks if the receipt checker bothers me, I'm not paid to be there, they are

Found the audit video you were talking about it was pretty good, didn't notice which guy got detained for an hour but he sounds like a moron, maybe he walked into the detainment room by accident and not the exit?
IDK if thats the video i seen but yeah they should know if you paid for it or not through the camera or the detector. Overall the one I watched both the guy and worker got way outta line over a damn piece of paper. Its not worth the trouble but anyway they never check my stuff even if I bought something in the back. As for the audit channel I seen a lot interesting things on that channel. Learned and proved people of why they hate cops which leads to something i found on the ps store police simulator game.

I always go to self check out at Walmart especially when it’s condoms I gotta get. If it’s games obviously at the electronics section

I know a lot of you have been waiting for a deal on Summer Sports Games: 4K Edition. Here you go…

[attachment=37991:IMG_0155.jpeg]
[attachment=37992:IMG_0154.jpeg]
[attachment=37994:IMG_0153.jpeg]

Those switch games must be $70 cause those clearance price at $54 and $59 is crazy to have those tags on and that deathloop looks like its $30 or $35 and mk11 $29 is also crazy.

Went to the Walmart in Downy that had clearance games tucked away in a corner full of other clearance items. All the games were scanning for between $9 and $10. They were all either copies of 2019 PGA game, nickelodeon kart racing, tony stewart and other shovelware. Managed to snag the one copy of Monster Hunter World for 10 bucks though that I somehow never got around to owning. They had a random copy of Child of Eden for the 360 for 9 bucks too but I didn't get that.

Off topic but Staples had 2 switch games on clearance.

Zelda skyward sword 30.00
Pokemon shining pearl 30.00

There was a elite series 2 controller for $50.00 off

Those switch games must be $70 cause those clearance price at $54 and $59 is crazy to have those tags on and that deathloop looks like its $30 or $35 and mk11 $29 is also crazy.
Nah, those Switch games are $60 MSRP. The only game that is $70 at this point is The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. Walmart just does incomprehensible things sometimes.

I grabbed a tears of the kingdom pro controller marked down to $55.50 due to a small ding on the box.

I was hesitant, as I find the controller design to be quite ugly, but those controllers rarely go on sale, so I decided to pick it up

Didn't they shill that Harry Potter game for $70 too?
If you are referring to Hogwart's Legacy it looks to be $60 on Switch. It's not out yet though.

I grabbed a tears of the kingdom pro controller marked down to $55.50 due to a small ding on the box.
I was hesitant, as I find the controller design to be quite ugly, but those controllers rarely go on sale, so I decided to pick it up
Yeah, I thought it was kind of weird-looking and ugly too with one grip being white while the other is black. Anyway, not bad assuming it's actually new. Don't have any special edition myself but I have two regular pro controllers from when Walmart had the Super Mario Odyssey bundle on clearance for $69 and I ended up selling the digital codes to cut the cost roughly in half.

Something for my wannabe streamer buddies…
Don’t ask me why Deathloop is $50… focus on the games behind it.
They also had Dreamworks Dragons: Legends of the Nine Realms on Switch for $10.

[attachment=38010:IMG_0177.jpeg]
[attachment=38011:IMG_0178.jpeg]

Something for my wannabe streamer buddies…
Don’t ask me why Deathloop is $50… focus on the games behind it.
They also had Dreamworks Dragons: Legends of the Nine Realms on Switch for $10.

IMG_0177.jpeg
IMG_0178.jpeg
Its hard to focus when its $50 with a clearance tag which it should be way lower after this long time. While mines was $5 even $25-$30 before. Your walmart is the opposite and makes no sense that manager should be fired.

Extreme YMMV. One of the Walmarts near me had all display laptops and PC marked down an extra 25% (taken at register). Even clearance items were included.

They had a gaming laptop and gaming PC on display there. I don't remember the laptop but the PC I posted below. Brickseek doesn't reflect the actual price. It was $525.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=797509896
Hey that’s the PC that got me back into PC gaming last year. I posted about it in December 2022. Got it for $489.

Hey that’s the PC that got me back into PC gaming last year. I posted about it in December 2022. Got it for $489.
I was thinking of getting it but I have no room for a gaming PC in my apartment. I'll keep an eye on it and if it drops more, I might pick it up (unless it sells out).

I was thinking of getting it but I have no room for a gaming PC in my apartment. I'll keep an eye on it and if it drops more, I might pick it up (unless it sells out).
It’s an older model. Built in Feb 2022. After I got it, it sparked my interest back into building. I gutted it and used the parts to rebuild it into a super high end gaming rig. Ended up with a whole new PC and only use the motherboard from that build now. I have everything else left as spare parts.

Regardless of how bad the game is Callisto is definitely a good time waster for 10 bucks though imo. I went to a walmart today that still had copies for 19.93.

Regardless of how bad the game is Callisto is definitely a good time waster for 10 bucks though imo. I went to a walmart today that still had copies for 19.93.
I didn't buy just cause I dont do jump scares etc which is funny cause I played bloodbourn and other soul like games. Far cry I stopped at 4 and I'm gonna keep my holdout record from Ubisoft games

Walmart has the following LEGO’s marked down. I’m waiting to see if they get marked down again.

$9.00
LEGO Friends Ice Cream Truck 41715

$14.00
LEGO Friends Heartlake Downtown Diner 41728

$35.00
Lego Friends Emma Art School with dots 41711

$25.00
LEGO City Police Ice Cream Truck 60314

$17.00
LEGO City Farmers Market Van 60345

Did anyone get a $0 copy of Pikmin 4? That’s crazy

I got my copy through Best Buy part of B2G1 but that sounds way sweeter if it pans out for some 

Did anyone get a $0 copy of Pikmin 4? That’s crazy

I got my copy through Best Buy part of B2G1 but that sounds way sweeter if it pans out for some
As of right now, mine has been adjusted by $63.42 and the money was already refunded into my bank account. Hopefully it stays, but I bet come Friday I'll have a charge for the full total.[attachment=38064:Screenshot_20230720_134617_Walmart.jpg]

As of right now, mine has been adjusted by $63.42 and the money was already refunded into my bank account. Hopefully it stays, but I bet come Friday I'll have a charge for the full total.
attachicon.gif
Screenshot_20230720_134617_Walmart.jpg
Similar situation, but was ultimately only charged tax with with -$59.99 pricematch. I initially misinterpreted the first pricematch email as a cancellation on their end and made a 2nd order (which was also pricematched). Now I unintentionally have two $0 Pikmin 4s????

Very damaged box but it looks like the foam would keep the headset safe. Score for whatever person buys that. in whatever state that's in.
I doubt they would sell a damage product that cost that much then again it was marked down by a good amount maybe so cosmetic damage. I was gonna ask what was wrong with it but didnt see anyone around at the time. I wouldve bought it if werent for certain reasons.

I doubt they would sell a damage product that cost that much then again it was marked down by a good amount maybe so cosmetic damage. I was gonna ask what was wrong with it but didnt see anyone around at the time. I wouldve bought it if werent for certain reasons.
I'd have given you gamestop credit if you shop there for it.

bread's done
Back