Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed. Most stores stock dried up ages ago before or during the pandemic I think.

My stores in stock checker thing said that they had 4+ of the crystal one in stock a few years ago. but I looked through the entire bottom cabinet of controllers after an employee unlocked it and couldn't find any. I didn't think about it but that employee was a rare unicorn considering finding a helpful Walmart electronics dept is uncommon.

Ended up using it on FF7 rebirth deluxe. Hopefully Walmart has a bonus for it. Thought about P3 Reload CE but $20 off is not enough for me to buy it lol. As for spiderman, I preordered the CE from PSdirect already so, I’ll probably just keep that

I'm sure QVC will have Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth & Marvel's Spider-Man 2. 

New accounts can use the following codes:

$50 off $100+ NEWQVC50

$30 off $60+ NEWQVC30

$20 off $40+ QVCNEW20

I'm sure QVC will have Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth & Marvel's Spider-Man 2.

New accounts can use the following codes:

$50 off $100+ NEWQVC50

$30 off $60+ NEWQVC30

$20 off $40+ QVCNEW20
yea probably but who knows how long will be in stock for, like 2 minutes.

and probably won't get on or around launch.

Went to another local smaller Wal-Mart location and found the following on clearance:

PS5  

Cult of the Lamb $17.00

Forspoken $25.00

Marvel Midnight Suns - Enhanced Edition $30.00

PS4  

Hello Neighbor 2 $21.00

Dualshock 4 Wireless Midnight Blue Controller $35.00

PDP Gaming Wireless Stereo Gaming Headset LVL50 $37.00

Switch

Bravely Default II $35.00

Nascar Rivals $40.00

Fire Emblem Three Heroes $45.00

Live A Live $30.00

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All-Star Batlle R $30.00

The Legend of Zelda Wired Controller and Slim Case (Link on the front) (PowerA) $13.00

No game deals near me in a while, but found some nice clearance external hdd (very YMMV):

Wm-clearance-wd4tb-20230930.jpg

Wm-clearance-wd5tb-20230930.jpg

Went back to the Scarborough, ME Wal-Mart and found the following marked down for this week: 

:switch: Live A Live:  $13.00

:switch: The Unicorn Princess $16.00

:switch: Fire Emblem Three Houses $21.00

:switch: Splatoon 2 $21.00

:switch: Bayonetta 3 $21.00

:switch: Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes $49.00 (Not exactly a deal, but it's on the Clearance block).

:switch: PowerA Controller Charging Base $14.00

Grabbed the second-to-last Live A Live and the last Bayonetta 3 on Switch for myself.

:ps4: MLB The Show 22 MVP Edition $21.00

PlayStation 5

Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion $21.00

Went back to the Scarborough, ME Wal-Mart and found the following marked down for this week:

:switch: Live A Live: $13.00

:switch: The Unicorn Princess $16.00

:switch: Fire Emblem Three Houses $21.00

:switch: Splatoon 2 $21.00

:switch: Bayonetta 3 $21.00

:switch: Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes $49.00 (Not exactly a deal, but it's on the Clearance block).

Grabbed the second-to-last Live A Live and the last Bayonetta 3 on Switch for myself.

:ps4: MLB The Show 22 MVP Edition $21.00

PlayStation 5

Damn, I'd have bought several of those, nice finds.

Was kinda bummed I couldn’t find any of the crisis cores for $20, then my local goodwill had one for 5 bucks this week for series x. Still would pickup one for $20 on ps though

:switch: Live A Live: $13.00

:switch: The Unicorn Princess $16.00

:switch: Fire Emblem Three Houses $21.00

:switch: Splatoon 2 $21.00

:switch: Bayonetta 3 $21.00

:switch: Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes $49.00 (Not exactly a deal, but it's on the Clearance block).

:ps4: MLB The Show 22 MVP Edition $21.00

PlayStation 5

Not a single one of those Switch games works on Brickseek. Sigh, what a new level of utter uselessness they've reached.....

One of the local Sacramento area Walmarts had the RED Hori Split Joycon Grips for $22. The black ones were all full price.
My store (I'm in Alabama) also had one or two of these at that price. So probably national deal. Not my cup-o-tea... but I did grab one of the $13 wired Zelda controllers with the programmable extra buttons on the back and headphone jack.

Split Pad Pro or Split Pad Compact? They both come in red.
I'm fairly positive the ones I saw were Pro.

My store (I'm in Alabama) also had one or two of these at that price. So probably national deal. Not my cup-o-tea... but I did grab one of the $13 wired Zelda controllers with the programmable extra buttons on the back and headphone jack.
How good is the d-pad on those controllers? I see my local Walmart has them in stock at that price as well (also a Mario variant), might pick one up.

Split Pad Pro or Split Pad Compact? They both come in red.
Pro, not compact...

To be honest, I've had TWO pairs of Hori Split Pad Pro end up with drifting issues within a year of purchasing. I'm only grabbing another pair because they are $22... these are the first Hori products I've been disappointed with.

Are there any advantages to the Compact?

Pro, not compact...

To be honest, I've had TWO pairs of Hori Split Pad Pro end up with drifting issues within a year of purchasing. I'm only grabbing another pair because they are $22... these are the first Hori products I've been disappointed with.

Are there any advantages to the Compact?
I have a set of pro's I use off and on, they're not bad. I don't have time for a crapton of gaming so they haven't drifted on me yet.

I nabbed a pair of the compact shortly after they came out because I thought they were gonna be sweet, as the pro's are a little chonky, nope, hated them, hands fell asleep very quickly using them. I sold em off

Honestly despite the small size, I still use my switch oled with the regular ol joycons without a grip and find it "fine" for most of my gaming sessions.

How good is the d-pad on those controllers? I see my local Walmart has them in stock at that price as well (also a Mario variant), might pick one up.
I haven't tried it yet. For $13... I figured I'd give it a chance. I'll give it some time with F-Zero 99 as I prefer to play that with the dpad on my pro controller and it should reveal quickly if it's up to the task... and report back.

I have a set of pro's I use off and on, they're not bad. I don't have time for a crapton of gaming so they haven't drifted on me yet.

I nabbed a pair of the compact shortly after they came out because I thought they were gonna be sweet, as the pro's are a little chonky, nope, hated them, hands fell asleep very quickly using them. I sold em off

Honestly despite the small size, I still use my switch oled with the regular ol joycons without a grip and find it "fine" for most of my gaming sessions.
I use the pro one and haven't encountered drift as of yet for what it's worth.

I gave F-Zero 99 some time during my lunch break. Played a few races and then a mini-grand prix. The D-pad felt fine to me. Very responsive. No missing inputs or anything. I also mapped the top L&R buttons to the back bonus buttons since I never use them for the slide l/r moves as I'd rather have my finger on the spin button. I also just tested it on the all apps page... just to see how responsive it felt and it was good. The cord is mega long. I was able to sit on my couch while using it... which isn't why I bought it. I mainly wanted it for a secondary setup in another room. It's usbc on the controller end and regular usb-a at the system end.

Given I mainly use a pro controller, the weight is very different. There's no vibration in it. But it didn't feel cheap even as light as it is.

My main negative (and this is small)... it doesn't seem to be able to wake the system up. So, you still need to press the power button or use another controller and then change the order of which is first (as f-zero wouldn't work with my pro controller the one that turned the system on). The sticks felt fine, but I didn't put them to work. I also didn't test the audio jack. I think as a backup/secondary controller ... it's a good way to spend $13.

I gave F-Zero 99 some time during my lunch break. Played a few races and then a mini-grand prix. The D-pad felt fine to me. Very responsive. No missing inputs or anything. I also mapped the top L&R buttons to the back bonus buttons since I never use them for the slide l/r moves as I'd rather have my finger on the spin button. I also just tested it on the all apps page... just to see how responsive it felt and it was good. The cord is mega long. I was able to sit on my couch while using it... which isn't why I bought it. I mainly wanted it for a secondary setup in another room. It's usbc on the controller end and regular usb-a at the system end.

Given I mainly use a pro controller, the weight is very different. There's no vibration in it. But it didn't feel cheap even as light as it is.

My main negative (and this is small)... it doesn't seem to be able to wake the system up. So, you still need to press the power button or use another controller and then change the order of which is first (as f-zero wouldn't work with my pro controller the one that turned the system on). The sticks felt fine, but I didn't put them to work. I also didn't test the audio jack. I think as a backup/secondary controller ... it's a good way to spend $13.
Thanks for the nice write up, I'll probably give one a shot. A super long cord is a luxury few controllers bother with these days (I'm still annoyed by the SNES Classic controllers all these years later), so that's good to hear too.

Was at my local yesterday was hoping for one of those Bayonetta 3's at $21.00 while it was marked clearance it was still $45.00.  However I did find the following at it.

WD Black 4tb hardrive $51.00 (The one Lilman previous reported)

:switch: Triangle Strategy $25.00

Don't plan on using the hard drive with my ps5 but still a 4tb external hd for that price you can't knock it & I figure worst I'll just rip it out of the casing and put it in my PC. The Triangle Strategy I thinik was on clearance last October but guess my local finally caught up with the other stores.

Saw for Switch

Triangle Strategy for $35

Nier Automata for $15

Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes $15

Bayonetta 3 $20

Crash Team Racing $20

Saw for Switch

Triangle Strategy for $35

Nier Automata for $15

Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes $15

Bayonetta 3 $20

Crash Team Racing $20
I'd say Bayonetta 3 and Nier Automata are the standout deals there. I'm sort of tempted to look around but the chances for a wild goose chase seem pretty good.

Saw another bizarre price hike, a lot of Xenoblade Chronicles 3 I think it was had tags saying it's now $60 flat, up from $54.88 or $49.89 or whatever the normal prices are

Spoiler alert - nothing too crazy, but here's what I spotted on clearance today:

:switch: Switch

$22 Diablo: Eternal Collection

$22 Everybody 1-2 Switch

$22 Little Friends: Puppy Island

$29 Super Mario Maker 2

$31 WarioWare: Get It Together

$35 Bravely Default II

$40 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

$40 Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

$40 Mario Tennis Aces

$40 Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order

$40 Metroid Dread

$40 New Pokémon Snap

$40 Paper Mario: The Origami King

$40 Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX

$40 Triangle Strategy

$44 Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon

$44 Octopath Traveler II

$45 Xenoblade Chronicles 3

$50 AEW: Fight Forever

Fire Emblem: Three Houses (not Hopes) was also on a clearance rack with no price tag, but the other games there with tags were $20-30

:ps4: PS4

$22 Team Sonic Racing

$29 Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

$33 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Anniversary Edition

$37 Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion

$40 Call of Duty: Vanguard

$40 Demon Slayer: The Hinokami Chronicles

:ps4: PS5

$22 FIFA 23

$29 A Plague Tale: Requiem

$37 AEW: Fight Forever

$37 Forspoken

$44 Atomic Heart

$51 F1 23

:xb1: Xbox

$11 Immortals Fenyx Rising

$14 Battlefield 2042

$14 Fortnite: Minty Legends Pack

$14 NBA 2K23 (both XB1 and XSX)

$22 Madden 23 (forgot to check platform, sorry!)

$22 Minecraft Dungeons

$22 Need for Speed Unbound

$26 Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled

$29 Doom Eternal

$29 Farming Simulator 22

$29 Gears 5

$29 Sea of Thieves Anniversary Edition

$33 Call of Duty: Black Ops III

$37 Minecraft Legends Deluxe Edition

$37 Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

$44 Call of Duty: Vanguard

$44 Halo Infinite

Also spotted for Switch:

Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze $40

Kirby Star Allies $40

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker $26

Sonic Colors $26

Pokemon Shining Pearl $40 (Not Brilliant Diamond!)

And the good stuff is sold out already where I saw them lol

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker $26
I'd grab a copy if I caught that price. I still have the WiiU version sealed with it's amiibo, but would probably more enjoy this on switch (which is where I played the demo). But it just didn't seem worth the $36 to buy something for the most part that I already own.

Apparently I am to ignorant to know how to post a photo so...

Xbox
Destroy All Humans 2 - $3.75
Nick All Star Brawl - $3.75
Tiny Tina Wonderlands - $5.00
TS All American Racing - $5.00

Picked them up today on an endcap mixed into ~30 copies of old madden/fifa. The clearance tags indicated make down happened today...

Saw for Switch today:

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle $10

Splatoon 2 $10

Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes $10

Power Rangers Battle for the Grid $10

Nascar Rivals $10

Big Brain Academy $10

Lookin for a 6e preferably tp link in the future. My ax3000 wifi 6 crapped out on me. Not getting more than 100mbps anymore for some reason

Brickseek down or just really, really suck nowadays? Can't find anything on there
I stopped even trying to use Brickseek about eight months ago. I could be in store looking at an item and BS would tell me it's not available and wouldn't list a price.

Looks like they revised the site since the last time I used it. You have to create an account now? I can get the same information I was getting from them before by not signing up.

The latter. It's pretty much useless now as nothing seems to come up available to check anymore.
Yeah, seems like it. One of the associates I've gotten to know told me they can't mark stuff down much anymore because their "markdown money" had become stricter. Idk what that means.

bread's done
Back