Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
They get a certain amount they can allocate to markdown items. I didn't know they lowered the amount they could use but I guess that explains why almost every Walmart I go to stopped putting close dated foods like cold prepared foods and bakery items at a 50% - 75% off discount a day or two before the expiration date. They now only discount those items 25% - 33% with the rare 50% off.

I found the following Rollbacks yesterday at my local Wal-Mart:

Edit:  Looks like some of these are Black Friday deals that a few days early?

PS5

Star Wars Jedi Survivor - $34.97

NFS Unbound - $14.97

Farcry 6 $14.97 (same price for PS4 version)

PS4

Rainbow Six Extraction $14.97

Ghost Recon Wildlands $14.97

Switch

Assassin's Creed - The Rebel Collection $14.97 (Code Inside)

Assassin's Creed III Remastered $14.97 (Includes Liberation Remastered as a bonus) (Code Inside)

Went to Walmart on my lunch break today and found some clearanced games for once.  I don't think I've seen my local store clearance out games since like sometime last year.  Not a ton (and probably not great deals, I didn't pick any up) but still kinda shocked.

XBox One - Dragon Ball Z Kakarot - $15

Switch - Bayonetta 3 - $45

XBox One - Lego Marvel Collection - $15

Switch - Rayman Legends (Code Inside) - $15

Switch - Bravely Default II - $35

PS4 and PS5 - NBA 2k23 - $14

Switch - Super Mega Baseball 4 - $20

[attachment=38349:IMG_0577.jpeg]
[attachment=38350:IMG_0573.jpeg]
Also Saw:
Wild Hearts XSX - $5
Way Of The Hunter X1 - $10
F1 2022 PS4 - $5
Sonic was still $30 for PS5.

On CashApp… 10% off one in-app purchase…
Usually it’s 2% off total purchase…
[attachment=38354:IMG_0581.jpeg]

Didn’t expect to see this at Walmart today.
attachicon.gif
IMG_8643.jpeg
Probably someone who thought it was a PS5 so they returned it. Or a new electronics lead who doesn't know what they are doing haha

Nice score either way

saw some switch games on clearance today, not even in electronics but down the clearance aisle

WarioWare Get it Together $20

Pokemon Snap $30

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 $30

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 $30

Kirby Star Allies $30

Everybody 1 2 Switch $16

Mario Super Strikers $30

I have never seen this before but my local walmart had an opened copy of Spider-Man 2 in the showcase with a clearance sticker on it.  It was still expensive, $57.

Probably someone who thought it was a PS5 so they returned it. Or a new electronics lead who doesn't know what they are doing haha

Nice score either way
I just hope what's in the box is what is supposed to be. Walmart is absolutely atrocious when it comes to properly checking returns.

I have never seen this before but my local walmart had an opened copy of Spider-Man 2 in the showcase with a clearance sticker on it. It was still expensive, $57.
I found a discounted Hogwarts Legacy near launch with damaged casing like it had been returned. The cashier explained that they sometimes receive games damaged in transit that they can’t put out for full price.

I can't believe Walmart didnt have a single movie on sale for black friday. that used to be the only reason to go was to wade through the pallets and pallets of random movies for cheap.

How long after black friday do games go on clearance
They normally don't. The stock they get for black friday gets reintegrated with their regular stock in the showcase. Even though they have colored stickers, the upcs are identical to the normal copy. They are games that they carry anyway.

Yep, that's why you'll see games on the racks with the colored dots on them for months, if not years, after they were Black Friday deals.

I'm so tempted to pick up a Series X for that price even though I'm a Playstation guy. The only thing holding me back is my PS4 library. Between the backwards compatibility, and big time developer acquisitions I've never been so tempted to switch sides...which isn't out of some bullshit loyalty in the "console war", but the fact I doubt I could afford supporting all three platforms being a Nintendo fan also...especially with all the back catalog stuff I'd be tempted to buy on Xbox. I just wish I could've got in on that Target deal for the PS5 as I still don't think it's worth dropping $500+ on. There's just not a lot there as far as exclusives unless you count better versions of things you can get on the PS4. I dunno. They'll probably have next-gen out before I finally make my mind up about next-gen this gen.

Noticed the following Clearance deals at my local Wal-Mart:

PS5
Dying Light 2 Stay Human $22.00
All Elite Wrestling Fight Forever $37.00

My local store has just a few copies of Mario Golf: Super Rush available, you guys…
100+ copies of Mario Golf: Super Rush at my local Walmart update-

On Saturday, I actually purchased a copy of the game for my nephew (I had previously bought it for my own family, thankfully for only $30 or so). The Walmart associate who had to unlock the case for me jokingly asked, "only one?" I asked him if he knew why they had so many copies, but he said he had no idea, especially because "it didn't sell very well when it first came out." As we were walking back to the checkout counter in electronics, he held up my copy to another electronics associate and said "I'm selling one!", to which she replied "Only 163 more to go!" lol

Also, the last couple weeks I have seen more clearance price games than I have in years. I got Back 4 Blood on PS5 for $11.25 and Madden NFL 22 PS4 for $15 for a gift (they had the PS5 version for $11.25). Lots of other games were discounted even compared to last weekend, so I plan to keep checking to see what else they drop in price.

Finally, my store had several Hori Split Pad Pros for Nintendo Switch for $29 in a few colors. I've heard a lot of praise for those on this board. Are they really worth it?

Last edited:
100+ copies of Mario Golf: Super Rush at my local Walmart update-

On Saturday, I actually purchased a copy of the game for my nephew (I had previously bought it for my own family, thankfully for only $30 or so). The Walmart associate who had to unlock the case for me jokingly asked, "only one?" I asked him if he knew why they had so many copies, but he said he had no idea, especially because "it didn't sell very well when it first came out." As we were walking back to the checkout counter in electronics, he held up my copy to another electronics associate and said "I'm selling one!", to which she replied "Only 163 more to go!" lol

Also, the last couple weeks I have seen more clearance price games than I have in years. I got Back 4 Blood on PS5 for $11.25 and Madden NFL 22 PS4 for $15 for a gift (they had the PS5 version for $11.25). Lots of other games were discounted even compared to last weekend, so I plan to keep checking to see what else they drop in price.

Finally, my store had several Hori Split Pad Pros for Nintendo Switch for $29 in a few colors. I've heard a lot of praise for those on this board. Are they really worth it?
I have the Hori Split Pad Compact and it is way more comfortable to play in handheld as opposed to using the standard joy cons. Love the size, back buttons and thumb stick/ button layout. only issue is it doesnt fit in my case.

I just wish that Hori made a version of the Split Pad with full Joy-Con functions including wireless so that I could use it with my Flip-Grip.

I missed out on getting a Hori Split Pad Compact when Walmart had them on clearance so I got one on sale from Amazon and I like it. My hands still kinda cramp up a bit but not as much as they would with the joy-cons. My only complaint is pretty nitpicky but when I use my joy-cons in handheld mode, the right one is kinda wobbly on the track, but with the Split Pad it's the left one that's wobbly. Not sure why.

Wo Long PS4 is marked at 29 in store but shows up 39.89 and not in stock at same store on app.. I have a $10 online code to use (was given it because the checklist for walmart+ wasn't working).. but can't figure out if it can somehow be used in store. Any ideas if online will PM the store price?

My local Walmart decided to put a bunch of stuff on clearance finally. I picked up for myself or got for gifts the following:

Switch:

Live A Live - $15
Disney Magical World 2 - $10
Octopath Traveler II - $20
The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Complete Edition - $20
Triangle Strategy - $20
Splatoon 2 - $20
Paper Mario: The Origami King - $20
Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon - $15
Capcom Fighting Collection - $10
Little Friends: Puppy Island - $10
Maneater - $10
Ni No Kuni II - $10
Neo: The World Ends With You - $10

XBox One:

Goat Simulator 3 - $5

Once more, envy some folks' WMs around here with all these clearance games. Customers around where I live seem more than happy to pay full price because I never see games on clearance (or at least nowhere near the prices folks put them out here).

Last edited:
My local Walmart decided to put a bunch of stuff on clearance finally. I picked up for myself or got for gifts the following:

Switch:

Live A Live - $15
Disney Magical World 2 - $10
Octopath Traveler II - $20
The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Complete Edition - $20
Triangle Strategy - $20
Splatoon 2 - $20
Paper Mario: The Origami King - $20
Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon - $15
Capcom Fighting Collection - $10
Little Friends: Puppy Island - $10
Maneater - $10
Ni No Kuni II - $10
Neo: The World Ends With You - $10

XBox One:

Goat Simulator 3 - $5
Jelly. I'd love to catch Live A Live and Paper Mario for those prices.

Just got back from Walmart. They had a bunch of games on clearance. Which I'm shocked because my Walmart is usually trash for clearance. From the top of my head.

Need for Speed Unbound PS5: $5
Tiny Tina PS4/PS5/Xbox: $5
Switch Wired Zelda Controller with Case: $5
Lego Star Wars Saga PS4: $8
Spyro Collection: $8
Horizon Forbidden West PS4: $10
Live A Live: $15
Bayonetta 3: $20
Dead Island 2 PS5/Xbox: $20

And a bunch more. I just picked up Need for Speed. Haven't played a racing game in a while.

Just got back from Walmart.

I went to walmart during my lunch break to grab a bag of dogfood. The parking lot was packed almost as bad as a pre-covid black friday and the inside was nearly that bad. Went straight to the main thing I was there for and then to the self checkouts at the opposite end of the store because they move faster and got out of there quick.

Just got back from Walmart. They had a bunch of games on clearance. Which I'm shocked because my Walmart is usually trash for clearance. From the top of my head.

Need for Speed Unbound PS5: $5
Tiny Tina PS4/PS5/Xbox: $5
Switch Wired Zelda Controller with Case: $5
Lego Star Wars Saga PS4: $8
Spyro Collection: $8
Horizon Forbidden West PS4: $10
Live A Live: $15
Bayonetta 3: $20
Dead Island 2 PS5/Xbox: $20

And a bunch more. I just picked up Need for Speed. Haven't played a racing game in a while.
NFS, HFW and DI2 are good prices. I was excited to see some clearances. Thought my walmart got new management for awhile after not seeing any for awhile on PlayStation area. Of course I got disappointed when I got closer when it was meh games with yellow tags. Was hoping for SF6 and MK1 to magically be clearanced.
I went to walmart during my lunch break to grab a bag of dogfood. The parking lot was packed almost as bad as a pre-covid black friday and the inside was nearly that bad. Went straight to the main thing I was there for and then to the self checkouts at the opposite end of the store because they move faster and got out of there quick.
Outta 5 Wal-Mart's the one with clearances is the worst one. Its good for game clearances every now and then but actually shopping its the worse. There still roast beef lunch meat that expired November 7 on the shelf. Other products is not on the shelves. Other food items isnt sold at that walmart but are sold at the other Wal-Mart's like WTF. Also one of the stupidest thing ive seen in 2 of the walmarts is that they have all these self checks but only use half of them. I would understand one out the 2 of the walmart but the none clearance one be crowded all the time. They use to have one small corner of self check and the line be in the freezer section in the back. They finally changed it by adding a lot just to keep half working and lines still long waiting but better then before

I see Destroy All Humans 2 as a national ‘clearance’ at $19.93 across various walmarts. Is it any good or worth that price?

I see Destroy All Humans 2 as a national ‘clearance’ at $19.93 across various walmarts. Is it any good or worth that price?

That's not really clearance. I would call it a price drop as they have a selection of value games priced at $19.93.

bread's done
Back