Walmart YMMV: The X-Files individual seasons (slimpacks) & Mythology boxsets - $19.96

Demolition Man

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Walmart stores now have each season of The X-Files along with the Mythology boxsets for $19.96. The season boxsets are the 6 disc slimpack editions that do not contain disc 7 bonus material that come with the fatty original releases. If you are only looking to get the episodes themselves then this is an great deal.

Are the Mythology boxsets new or are they just rehashed of same episodes from Season 1 to Season 9?

The mythology sets are groups of old episodes collected by theme with few new extras. Unless you are a diehard fan, you'll get everything you need in just the slim season sets.

[quote name='vidGuy']The mythology sets are groups of old episodes collected by theme with few new extras. Unless you are a diehard fan, you'll get everything you need in just the slim season sets.[/QUOTE]

They are nice for people who want just the core epsidoes that relate to the main conspiracy storyline. However I'd rather have all the seasons since the mythology sets do skip over the nice stand alone episodes from the series.

What about the new Revelations (2 discs) DVD?
Does it have new content or just like those mythology sets?

From Amazon.com....

[quote name='Amazon.com description']Chris Carter, creator of The X-Files, and executive producer Frank Spotnitz have deemed these eight episodes as essential viewing for fans who want to fully experience all the thrills, mysteries and nuances of the upcoming theatrical movie. Exploring themes centering on alien abductions, psychic phenomenon, and life forms not quite human this exclusive collection also features individual introductions explaining why each episode was chosen. Two-disc set includes:

-Introductions to all eight episodes by the series creator Chris Carter and executive producer Frank Spotnitz
-WonderCon Talent Panel featuring David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson, Chris Carter, and Frank Spotnitz
-Theatrical trailer for the upcoming X-Files movie[/quote]

Just got back from Wal-Mart.

They had all the season boxsets and mythology. I picked up season one and two and may go back for more. I know I swore off DVD, because I buy so many Blu-rays, but I mean, this is a fantastic deal, and DVD sets seem to hold their value (unlike DVD movies), so I can always sell them and get most my money back if they announce them on Blu.

Note that on the dvdtalk forums there's mention that revelations includes a coupon for $20 off 3 season sets and a coupon for a free movie ticket.

[quote name='TimTucker']Note that on the dvdtalk forums there's mention that revelations includes a coupon for $20 off 3 season sets and a coupon for a free movie ticket.[/QUOTE]

If it's the same post I'm thinking of, DVDTalk seems to be under the impression that the coupon is attached to copies of Revelations at WalMart only. This doesn't seem accurate because I bought my copy at Target and also got the coupon. Planning to use it Sunday when Best Buy sells the Mythology sets for $12, making it $7 after coupon.

Would it be possible for someone who has this coupon to post a scan please. I would love to get a few more season sets, but I dont plan on buying the Revelations.

Thanks for posting this...I'll have to fill in the holes in my X-Files collection this week.

Movie comes out Friday! Who's excited? :bouncy:

bread's done
Back