Want 3DS XL, is now a bad time to buy?

dandragonrage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey all. Making this thread in here as a "shopping discussion" to avoid cluttering up the actual deals section.

I would like to pick up a 3DS XL, but I missed out on the $175 price from Target the other day. I saw it before the sale ended, but when I walked to the Target near me, they had no systems in stock, and their site wouldn't let me add one to cart. So I ended up missing out on the $175 price.

I went to Gamestop yesterday to pick up Dragon's Crown and asked about the 3DS XL price. He had no specific information to offer but said there will probably be more bundles that might be worth waiting for.

Should I hold off purchasing a 3DS XL?

Thanks,

Dan

I personally would wait just to see if they announce a Pokemon X & Y system....Then if you dont like the design....you could always resell it for $300 or more.

BUT, the all black XL looks nice as well.

I got mines full price using Gamestop credit with promotions. There have been sales on the 3DS XL off and on all year. If you don't have any credit, I suggest wait for the next sale, price drop, or bundle.

I'd definitely wait for a deal especially with pokemon and black friday not too far off. The 3ds has been on sale often enough that you will be rewarded for patience.

Ahh yes I guess the Pokemon bundle is an obvious one. Anything upcoming aside from Pokemon that would make a likely bundle or I suppose I'll need to wait a while before we can find out? I'll take Pokemon if it gets me a game for free, but given all possibilities, Pokemon doesn't exactly do it for me. Fire Emblem would have been nice, but to me it has to be an XL (and even then everything I play on it will be a case of "I wish this were on a different system").

Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
REALLY hoping for that Pokemon bundle but I don't see it happening. I think Black Friday is close enough that if you haven't picked up this console yet, it's worth it to wait a little more for huge savings. 

Ahh yes I guess the Pokemon bundle is an obvious one. Anything upcoming aside from Pokemon that would make a likely bundle or I suppose I'll need to wait a while before we can find out? I'll take Pokemon if it gets me a game for free, but given all possibilities, Pokemon doesn't exactly do it for me. Fire Emblem would have been nice, but to me it has to be an XL (and even then everything I play on it will be a case of "I wish this were on a different system").

Oh well.
I think they will do one for Zelda, at least I hope as that is what I am holding out for. I bought a Mario Kart 3DS XL during the Target $159.99 sale but I just returned it before the 90 day return window ended.

Really wish the 3DS XL was region free as they had that awesome Fire Emblem one in UK.

I think they will do one for Zelda, at least I hope as that is what I am holding out for. I bought a Mario Kart 3DS XL during the Target $159.99 sale but I just returned it before the 90 day return window ended.

Really wish the 3DS XL was region free as they had that awesome Fire Emblem one in UK.
There was already one for Zelda, though - the OoT remake got a special edition. Although, that wasn't an XL so I suppose it's not completely out of the question.

I agree with what's already been said: Black Friday is your best bet. A Pokemon edition is probably going to come out given the size of the franchise, but if you're waiting for a different bundle it may be a while. I'd say it comes down to how badly you want one.

bread's done
Back