Want: Fire Emblem Fates SE; Have: $88

cartman414

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I did preorder the SE, but due to being busy and asleep at the wheel proverbially, I just realized my preorder hold was released and the copy sold to someone else. Is there anyone who is willing to part with any extra copies at retail + tax as listed above? Thanks in advance.

To be fair, that price is not all that practical seeing how people still need to pay for the shipping on the item, and the game itself weighs 12.2 ounces, and unless you want them to ship it to you in a bubble mailer, or a plastic bag, you'd have to account for shipping too.

This will only slightly make sense for those who pre-ordered it from BB, and got it 20% off with GCU, so maybe they'd be making a little profit, but your offer of $88 is ridiculous considering you have not even accounted for shipping cost (of course if you did want to pay for shipping costs, you should probably make that specific in your post somewhere so people don't think you are just being stupid).

Hope you find someone willing to part with theirs, but as your offer stands, people who have the game can just return it to get the same amount back, so what's the point of selling it to you?

There has to be some more incentive other than "Oh, just sell to me because that's the retail cost."

I mean you have to at least try to give us something more than a sob story, and maybe use some niceities, or say you will be grateful, or something.

There is just no monetary, or moral incentive here at all, so I am not surprised you received the response that you did.

Good luck with your search for a FESE, but I would recommend maybe retooling the strategy you are using to acquire one.

I definitely would be grateful.

Would $100 be more plausible? Didn't account for the shipping, I admit.
I think even $140, while on the lower end, would probably be your best bet, but at least with $100, it does account for some of the other costs, so you can definitely give that a shot.

While I don't think everyone is a dirty gouger, I don't think many people will be willing to part with it that easily either since the boxes with extras alone are going for $80-$100 atm (yeah, scummy as hell, I know T____T), so $100 may or may not be most people's first option if they do plan to sell it, but who knows.

I think it's all about your presentation.

I can fully understand your anger of not getting a SE, and rightfully so since you were probably screwed by an eBay purchase. This can not be the seller's burden though, so may be best to just really pour your heart out, and someone may willing to provide you with what you will need. Also, maybe want to mention condition requirement too. I know people may be more willing to part with their smashed copies if you're not too concerned about that, and may be more realistic to get one at the $100 price point.

Just some thoughts.

Not sure how I'd pour my heart out, since it is still kind of trivial really. Tried to stifle any whining. I mean, worse comes to worse I'll just pass on the game until a decent price drop for base + other campaigns.

And you are essentially right. My anger is mainly towards Nintendo making it a bum deal for everyone else. They should have priced the two remaining campaigns for all regular ed. buyers at $15 each. A $70 total vs. an $80 one for the SE would be fair. (I still don't approve of Atlus' immediate post-release pricing of non-SEs for SMT IV at $50.)

It's too bad Nintendo still has no concept of demand with their SEs. Got lucky with Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Only reason I thought to post here was the frequent backup preorders that happen.

ETA: Having taken a look, if Xenoblade Chronicles X SE auctions on ebay are any indication, things will level out.

Last edited by a moderator:
If FE gets a reprint, that will be the indicator, since that's basically what happened with Xenoblade X SE.

In any case, good luck with the hunting. ;P

Xenoblade Chronicles X got a reprint, huh? I see.

They'd be crazy not to follow suit on this one, since it's a better value proposition IMO.

bread's done
Back