Want: GTA V PS3 - Have: Paypal.

[quote name='dorino']And that's why I don't care for paypal![/QUOTE]

It's not Paypal's fault the package got lost.

There was a discussion topic along the same lines as the question posed here. I personally lean on the side that says it's not your problem anymore. Maybe if it was a big package you should have gotten insurance. Maybe. As far as your situation is concerned the DC# says it's shipped so it's all on the buyer now to complain to the mail courier and talk to neighbors.

[quote name='Hostile']It's not Paypal's fault the package got lost.

There was a discussion topic along the same lines as the question posed here. I personally lean on the side that says it's not your problem anymore. Maybe if it was a big package you should have gotten insurance. Maybe. As far as your situation is concerned the DC# says it's shipped so it's all on the buyer now to complain to the mail courier and talk to neighbors.[/QUOTE]
Aye, but the fact the buyer might get his money back even though it was delivered is one of the reasons I hate going through paypal giftings. :(

[quote name='dorino']Aye, but the fact the buyer might get his money back even though it was delivered is one of the reasons I hate going through paypal giftings. :([/QUOTE]

If that's ever a possibility of that I will withdraw all my money and dispute any charges on my bank account and credit card if they try to access it.

Thank you all for the suggestions.

I've kept a copy of all my messages, so hopefully that'll help out if things don't work out. It wasn't a big purchase, only $15, but I'd rather not take the loss if I can avoid it. My faith in paypal buyer protection though makes me feel like that'll happen anyways. :S

I don't know you so this isn't tailored to you, but if things get messy:

1. Contact the post office to file a claim. It can only be started by the shipper and it is a good faith move, but honestly everyone here is right as it is "tough luck".
2. Refrain from posting the person's name here at all costs as it can turn into internet justice, and it can turn on you as well.
3. Ask the receiver to check with his/her neighbors about the item, and ask them to check the perimeter of their house. You never know if it was delivered, just in an odd place. If the receiver isn't putting enough effort into looking then it can be a tell as to honesty.
4. Contact a Mod to work on settling the dispute if it gets this far. Sometimes it takes a Mod to calm the receiver down.
5. Take a breath, this happens, and sadly it's a system that is old and flawed hampered by dishonest neighbors and CAGs.

Good luck!

Since you have a DC# that says it was delivered, you''ll likely win a dispute even though paypal heavily sides with buyers on disputes. Just hope they don't open a dispute with "Item Not As Described" just so they'll have a better chance at getting their money back.

As far as missing packages, I've had packages delivered to neighbors by mistake and vice versa. That has more to do with the delivery service, and the recipient of the package should take it up with them.

Here is what I would do... (but this is just me)
Shipping might have cost you $3.00. The net deal is worth $12.00.
Offer the guy $6.00 back.... (I know... you do not have to, you did everything right)
If the guy takes the deal then he does not empathize with your half. Put him on your DNT list.
If he doesn't take the money, then you know you are dealing with a solid person who just got screwed from the Post Office.

For $6.00 I would like to know what kind of trader I am dealing with.... but then again, that is just me. Maintaining my personal integrity and knowing the truth about someone as a person is worth more to me than money.

If DC# says that the package was delivered, you are not at fault and as such can't be held to refund the buyer. Nothing more then that really. Even if the package was indeed lost somehow or stolen, the DC# says it was delivered so its not your problem.

BTW, if they did indeed gift the money to you, they cannot dispute the transaction. There is a reason they have the ability to transact over paypal safely by just paying the fee to transact. If he wanted to get around the fees (or you did) and gifted the money to you, he has 0% hope of beating you in a dispute.

bread's done
Back