Want: Livestrong bracelet, will trade / pay...

deathcabforcutie

CAGiversary!
hey, i really want one of those nice yellow livestrong bracelets, th only prob is everywhere around here is sold out, EVERYWHERE. if anyone on this site has one, i would glady trade an xbox live 2 month trial subscription card (expires tomorrow), along with a few gmail invites, i'd also be willing to pay you cost + shipping (.37) if your interested in just doing that, not just because im cheap, but i really dont wana support people making money (5-20 on ebay!!) of a charity item.. thanks in advance!

[quote name='lain21us']I checked that link. It just looks like any old bracelet. Why would someone pay $20 for one?[/quote]

Because its YELLOW no one can resist the lure of gold colored things.

[quote name='lain21us']I checked that link. It just looks like any old bracelet. Why would someone pay $20 for one?[/quote]

The profits go to the Lance Armstrong Foundation, which is why I'm puzzled as to why these are on ebay.

Theres so many on ebay cause theres tons of assholes trying to make profit from a $1 charity item. To those who want them check your local Footlocker, Champs, Nike Store, Finish Line, or local bike shops. They will most likely be sold out, the demand has been so high and thats why it takes so long for your order to go through the LAF store.

If you really want them for the right reasons, just order directly to get 10 bracelets and wait out the 3-4 weeks. Then when you get them, keep one and give out the extras. That way your actually doing what was intended, donating money toward cancer research, spreading the word and showing support by wearing one and giving out extras.

Yea it really is sad. These are suposed to be awareness items, like those ribbons people would wear on their jacket coats for AIDs, Breast Cancer, etc but the bracelets were spuosed to be more "trendy" and less formal so people would wear them more often. I actually read somewhere that in the next month or so, similar pink bracelets that say Believe (instead of Livestrong) will be available for Breast Cancer awareness and funding towards research. I think its a really great idea but so many people are exploiting these items.

It's even more sad IMO that people are turning about a $18.50 profit on something designed to be supportive of a good cause like cancer research. I could care less if people make it the fashion statement of the century so long as everyone wearing it gave a dollar or so to the fund in the process. In fact that'd be a great thing, of course with things like what is going on with ebay, that will clearly never happen.

bread's done
Back