Wanted - Anyone else see this?

It wasn't bad, a lot better then I expected.

My only minor complaint is they went a slight tiny bit over the top with the "super skilled assassin" and "curving the bullet" aspect in certain scenes.

The last standout scene w/ Jolie and the gang was a bit ridicules but cool none the less

Great movie to go see if you've already watched all the other great flicks this summer. For my friends and I it was either Wanted or Hancock, I think we picked wisely. :lol:

So far it's been a great summer lineup with Ironman, Indiana Jones, Incredible Hulk, Get Smart, Wall*E and Wanted. I haven't gone to the theaters this often, ever!

I haven't seen it yet, but can't wait. Although really I'm just a huge Jolie fan, so I'm not really expecting much from the movie. I don't get too excited when they turn comics & video games into films, because they usually suck.

I saw it and I found it to be very entertaining and moral dubious..

I thought the train scene was fucked up; All those innocent people died when the train cars fell off the bridge and plummented down the canyon. I really had trouble with that scene and the filmmakers just glossed over it. It kinda made the movie less enjoyable to me...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pajama_Man']It wasn't bad, a lot better then I expected.

My only minor complaint is they went a slight tiny bit over the top with the "super skilled assassin" and "curving the bullet" aspect in certain scenes.

The last standout scene w/ Jolie and the gang was a bit ridicules but cool none the less

Great movie to go see if you've already watched all the other great flicks this summer. For my friends and I it was either Wanted or Hancock, I think we picked wisely. :lol:

So far it's been a great summer lineup with Ironman, Indiana Jones, Incredible Hulk, Get Smart, Wall*E and Wanted. I haven't gone to the theaters this often, ever![/quote]
You made the wrong choice. Hancock wasn't great but it was a much better movie than Wanted. Like you mentioned, the super assassin part was over the top
especially when he storms the warehouse and kills everybody
. And like xevious said, the movie was morally dubious. It's hard to root for anybody in the movie when they're all basically serial killers.
killing people because just because some mystical loom tells you to without question? Also one scene that really bothered me was when they used dead bodies as targets.

[quote name='dcfox']You made the wrong choice. Hancock wasn't great but it was a much better movie than Wanted. Like you mentioned, the super assassin part was over the top
especially when he storms the warehouse and kills everybody
. And like xevious said, the movie was morally dubious. It's hard to root for anybody in the movie when they're all basically serial killers.
killing people because just because some mystical loom tells you to without question? Also one scene that really bothered me was when they used dead bodies as targets.
[/quote]

I disagree. Hancock was a product placement Will Smith Movie with not much to offer. Characters didn't mesh well together and the movie was also morally dubious
Really? I superhero drinking, throwing kids into the sky, indiscriminately breaking buildings post-9/11, :cool:
There's very little depth to the background of the characters and the action scenes were mediocre at best.

Wanted didn't shame itself in being over the top. I personally liked it better than hancock, but both can be considered matiness showings or rentals.

and one more thing.
They're both fucking movies! Are you guys really going to bring your morals into the theatre? Go read a bible then.

Last edited by a moderator:
After the "bullet curving" in the preview, in addition to Angelina Jolie starring in it, I swore I'd never watch this.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']After the "bullet curving" in the preview, in addition to Angelina Jolie starring in it, I swore I'd never watch this.[/quote]

That's how I felt, but we had a couple of free movie passes that were expiring and there wasn't anything else. Yes it's stupid and over the top, but I actually found it enjoyable, not a great film or anything but a nice way to kill a couple of hours on a weekend.

I don't mean to be that harsh towards Jolie. She was a total genius luring all those paparazzi assholes to poor countries for a wakeup call, and actually does something with her fame. I just think it's odd she's always referred to as a "top tier" actress (since Girl Interrupted) when the only roles she does are shitty movies where she doesn't act very well at all. Her husband should read the scripts they offer her and pick the roles for her. But I loved her in The Bone Collector. She was badass in that movie.

Yes, she did well in Bone Collector. I also dug her in the Tomb Raider movies and the Gone in 60 Seconds remake. However, I don't dig how she's now very skinny. These day, I don't particularly find her attractive. Which is a shame.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I don't mean to be that harsh towards Jolie. She was a total genius luring all those paparazzi assholes to poor countries for a wakeup call, and actually does something with her fame. I just think it's odd she's always referred to as a "top tier" actress (since Girl Interrupted) when the only roles she does are shitty movies where she doesn't act very well at all. Her husband should read the scripts they offer her and pick the roles for her. But I loved her in The Bone Collector. She was badass in that movie.[/quote]

I don't know about her acting ability but Hollywood seems populated with dumb-ass bimbos (Jessica Simpson, Brooke Hogan, the list goes on...). Jolie has made some mistakes but at least she has some semblance of intelligence and some attitude. I'll take Jolie over the bimbos any day..

I saw it the other night. I thought that it was okay for what it was, which is a summer big budget action movie. Obviously, some things are over the top ludicrous, but thats all about what the movie is about. I'll admit, couple good plot events, and I liked James MacAvoy's performance(?), but nevertheless, nothing amazing, and nothing I'd pay to see again.

Xevious, I agree. Hollywood is the same as the music industry, you don't need to "earn" your spot. You have it handed to you because you fit a current fad. Jessica Simpson is a good example you provided. She isn't good at anything she does. She even sucks acting in her pimple commercials. And, as with Britney Spears, any equally untalented siblings get pushed into the spotlight too.

I actually heard Hancock was worse. The reviews on Metacritic were shockingly bad for a movie that doesn't seem so terrible in the previews. The average is quite a bit worse than Wanted.

bread's done
Back