WANTED: Cheapass VCR (Panasonic, Samsung or Sony)

mozby

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
My dad's VCR (in his office) finally broke and I'd like to replace it for the least $ as possible. I saw a nice Panasonic VCR for approx. $59 @ Best Buy, but I think this still is too much to pay for a VCR these days.

I'd consider trading for a good brand/model too.

[quote name='Blustrk98']My dad's VCR (in his office) finally broke and I'd like to replace it for the least $ as possible. I saw a nice Panasonic VCR for approx. $59 @ Best Buy, but I think this still is too much to pay for a VCR these days.

I'd consider trading for a good brand/model too.[/QUOTE]

I see people selling their new VCR's for $10 and under on craigslist all the time.
example http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ele/188183808.html
Check it out but be careful.

Thanks all, if it were for me I'd get used.
But this will be a gift and I don't give used gifts. Anyone know were I can buy a cheap NEW VCR?

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Why not buy him a DVD player for $20 and transfer his VHS collection to DVD?[/QUOTE]

it would probably be cheaper, quicker, and easier to just get him a cheap VCR....plus, if he didnt already have a DVD player, he could buy his dad a DVD / VCR combo if he could find a cheap one and get the best of both worlds.....

My dad's old school, and does not want a DVD player. Besides, he uses it to record more than watch movies.

[quote name='miget33']About 1 year ago I bought vcr at walmart for about $30 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Walmart =
CRMA193ex.jpg

But thanks anyway :)

Sorry man, I just took a hifi Sony that was only about 6 yrs old to the goodwill last week. I coundt give the thing away for the longest time and so finally took it down there.

Check your local Target, I picked one up for my mother in law. Samsung DVD/VCR combo for 49.99. It was a clearance model. G'luck

You might call them and see.. save you some gas...

bread's done
Back