Wanted: Dead or Alive (DOA) 3 booster disc or Xbox Exhibition Disc, Vol. 1

dpac

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey, all. I noticed an older thread listing OXM discs for sale or trade (as a set?) here, but I just want the Dead or Alive (DOA) 3 content on one of those booster discs (plus the extra PAL/Japan FMV, if that's there). Anyone know of a good deal on one of these? I know that the first Xbox (E)xhibition disc (Vol. 1) also had the goods, but that's hard to find for anything less than $5-$6 used these days at either EB or GameStop.

The best I've seen for an Exhibition Vol. 1 is an eBay auction for less than a dollar, but shipping pushes the total over $4 (and half.com doesn't seem to even list it). I've also heard that DOA Ultimate can unlock/download the extra costumes and such, but I know no one who owns it (and I'm not yet willing to buy it), so one of these discs will have to do for now. I'm sure I could save shipping on just a disc (OXM or Exhibition), but if someone's willing to sell or trade (or simply lend) in the Chicagoland area, I'm sure I can save more money that way (I live on the north side, and, yeah, I guess my miserly ways make me a certifiable CAG). I'll be waiting.

Try EBAY....I sold my OXM discs on there a while back. I think it was on 3 or 4 different discs. My friend still may have one....how much are you willing to pay for it?

[quote name='doubledown']Try EBAY....I sold my OXM discs on there a while back. I think it was on 3 or 4 different discs. My friend still may have one....how much are you willing to pay for it?[/quote]
The trouble is I only paid $5 for DOA 3 in the first place (the classic $10 sale at Best Buy with the extra in-store coupon in a summer circular). That causes me to want to pay significantly less for a booster disc than I did for the game, but I guess a buck or two total is reasonable. Shipping really hurts on small purchases like this. I guess I should've tried searching for the OXM discs on eBay as well. Maybe I'll do that.

Ah, TRU.... I actually remember when the original exhibition discs (volumes 1 and 2) were at Best Buy, but that was a long time ago. I guess I could call a local TRU and see if they're willing to check the system for other stores (as any random store I call is most likely not to carry them).

[quote name='jboy']The DOA3 Booster Pack is also on DOA Ultimate. You have to unlock it though.[/quote]
Yeah, but like I said earlier, I don't know anyone who owns Ultimate, and it's not nearly cheap enough for me to buy. I did pick up Soul Calibur II for $7.48 (after a rebate on shipping) from Sears.com and VF4:Evo for $9.99 from BestBuy.com (on Thanksgiving Day), though. :) Now if only the character endings from SC II matched the FMVs rendered for DOA or Tekken (in beauty if not in actually meaningful content)... now that would've been nice.

Mine is the OXM #7 disc with Kasumi on the disc and cover, in your choice of original cd sleeve or dvd case with original dvd cover. I just want a manual or case if you've got one I need :p

Thanks for the offers, guys. My only problem is my incorrigible cheapness. :cry: :)

Theenternal, $5-$6, unfortunately, may be too rich for my blood. Thanks for offering, though.

dafoomie, sending a disc could work if some kind of Netflix-style sleeve can be used (basically meaning that the shipping'll be cheap). As for what you need, I'll have to dig around and see if I have any old Genesis manuals or cases I'm willing to part with (the manual would be cheapest to send, of course); if not, all I can offer is a few bucks.

StealthySeal, thanks again, but shipping could kill the deal for me.

Oh, and can anyone confirm whether all the discs in question have the PAL/Japan FMV on them? I believe the first OXM to have it was the June issue from 2002; it was originally scheduled to hit store shelves on May 7th of that year. Anyone know what number that was, or what issues/discs have what I'm looking for (also by number)? Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't charge you for shipping, I'd just trade it straight up for a case or manual I need, preferably both. For the case, you can just take the paper insert out and send that, I have Genesis boxes or dvd cases I can use.

I have two copies if you need more than one.

$5 or $6 is pretty cheap, you should jump at it, i got a bunch of these 6 months ago and sold them for $20 each

plus the material you want is downloadable content so you can sell the disk thirty minutes after you buy it

[quote name='andrew333']$5 or $6 is pretty cheap, you should jump at it, i got a bunch of these 6 months ago and sold them for $20 each[/quote]
Yeah, it is... I guess I'm just that cheap. I might have to watch a few auctions before committing to a purchase, as $4.25 for two used demo discs (or more) may be a better option. Buying new is always nicer, though.

[quote name='andrew333']plus the material you want is downloadable content so you can sell the disk thirty minutes after you buy it[/quote]
Well, I was thinking of keeping the disc myself; I have a hard time unloading games and related material. I am willing to part with a Manhunt strategy guide that I've never used, however.

As an alternative, I'd be willing to give up a $10 rebate on Counter-Strike or a 12-month Xbox Live Starter Kit (purchased on or between 11/18/2004 and 2/28/2005, probably from a retail store) that I got in the recent "Power-Up" magazine sent out to subscribers. For more, see my post in the Xbox Live Arcade thread. Thanks.

[quote name='Odibil']I think I'm the only person who thought of Bon Jovi when I read this thread title.[/quote]

Haha, no, I did too. I was going to post something about it, then I saw you noticed it too. Too funny.

bread's done
Back