Wanted LE Collector's Set (Blu-Ray) $43.95 - only $1 more than DVD version

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Wanted-Limite...ef=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1225223595&sr=1-4

41YZwkYxE5L._SS500_.jpg

The Wanted Limited Edition Collector's Set (Blu-Ray) is available for pre-order for $43.95, the standard DVD LE Collector's set is $42.99.

Damn, i was going to post it, but got lazy...

I'm wondering if this title is available for the infamous 20% Deepdiscount sale...

I'm going to watch this. The movie was GREAT (especially because I saw it at a theatre with a bar, so a few pints of Harpoon and Wanted + a drunk theatre was AWESOME!!!). Very tempting, but it seems pricey for a Blu-Ray with some fancy packaging.

The Hellboy 2 CE is nice with the statue (although the 3-Disc DVD is only $17.99 @ Amazon right now), but what's it going to take before an official shunning of the increasingly-retarded DVD/BD cases?

Hopefully this:

catgetsmartshoephoneopewv8.jpg

I think that Get Smart case is quite possibly the worst gimmick packaging in the history of optical media. Easily beats out the Iron Man head Target case and the Transforming Transformers case.

Wow.. that get smart thing is hideous.. and its not blu-ray. Even though I wasnt buying the blu-ray.. since its only dolby digital bull.

Wanted is such a great movie.. buying limited edition for sure.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Can anyone give me a detail what's inside?[/quote]

I've been trying to find that out myself. Most I could find is this:

Collector’s Edition Gift Set: As above but in collectible packaging pierced with a bullet, creating a shattering effect to the outer case. Also included is a photo book of assassins, collectible postcards and acrylic frame motion 3-D film cell.

I loved the movie, but I couldn't really justify paying nearly an extra $20 for that so I'm just going with the standard BD edition myself.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Awesome! That just sealed the deal for me.[/QUOTE]

I just hope they don't stick the bluray stripe on top of the BD version. It ruins a lot of nice designs IMO.

[quote name='Megalith']That shot implies a plastic slipcase, which is probably too much to be true.[/QUOTE]

Possibly, although with the MSRP for the Bluray being $70, I would hope that's one of the reasons why it's that price.

bread's done
Back