WANTED: PS4 PRE-oRDER

sold my launch edition on ebay yesterday for 600.  

500 wont be enough.  The standard launch edition has been going for 600+ on ebay for the past week!

There are some people on here, kind enough to sell it for a little above asking price. I have seen three threads so far.

I know what they are going for on eBay. He's not looking to pay that much. He'd rather wait outside of BBY.

shipping was free via amazon!

fees on paypal took it down to 580 or so!
ebay fees. you should be able to find that out even though they haven't billed you yet. when i sold a wii u, i had around $80 in fees between ebay and paypal, and my final value was a lot lower than yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
ebay fees. you should be able to find that out even though they haven't billed you yet. when i sold a wii u, i had around $80 in fees between ebay and paypal, and my final value was a lot lower than yours.
no fees via ebay, it was a free listing as it was the first thing I've sold there in a few years.

I've actually never paid a fee for selling anything on ebay probably because I don't use any of the extras for the listings and never come close to selling 5k of stuff a month.

FYI it does tell you about the fees when you do the listing!

Edit - paypal fee was 17.70

no fees via ebay, it was a free listing as it was the first thing I've sold there in a few years.

I've actually never paid a fee for selling anything on ebay probably because I don't use any of the extras for the listings and never come close to selling 5k of stuff a month.

FYI it does tell you about the fees when you do the listing!

Edit - paypal fee was 17.70
I'm afraid you're in for quite the disappointment.

Oh no... if you don't have a store subscription you're being charged a 9% final value fee. No way around that.

Also good chance amazon won't ship your PS4 with signature confirmation which means even if it shows delivered you'll lose any "item not received" claim as PayPal requires signature confirmation for proof of delivery on any item valued at $250 or more.

Not trying to scare you but those are the facts.

Sadly I think we're going to see a lot of "I just got scammed" threads pop up in the next few weeks

Edit: Your PayPal fee is 2.9% (for domestic purchases) of the total amount you received through PayPal.

oh you are talking about the final value fee....

my account shows a balance of $57.75.  so still up $125.55 on the sale.  nice profit for doing nothing.

oh you are talking about the final value fee....

my account shows a balance of $57.75. so still up $125.55 on the sale. nice profit for doing nothing.

Yeah no doubt but you still have a lot of landmines to dodge (INR/SNAD claims) and the money is never truly yours until 45 days after you've received payment. But even after the 46th day the buyer can still file a chargeback (assuming he funded the payment with his Credit Card)

Oh no... if you don't have a store subscription you're being charged a 9% final value fee. No way around that.

Also good chance amazon won't ship your PS4 with signature confirmation which means even if it shows delivered you'll lose any "item not received" claim as PayPal requires signature confirmation for proof of delivery on any item valued at $250 or more.

Not trying to scare you but those are the facts.

Sadly I think we're going to see a lot of "I just got scammed" threads pop up in the next few weeks

Edit: Your PayPal fee is 2.9% (for domestic purchases) of the total amount you received through PayPal.

Ya I know there is a chance of that happening, a risk I'm willing to take and if it does I just contact citi to dispute the charge on my account for amazon not delivering it.

Yeah no doubt but you still have a lot of landmines to dodge (INR/SNAD claims) and the money is never truly yours until 45 days after you've received payment. But even after the 46th day the buyer can still file a chargeback (assuming he funded the payment with his Credit Card)
I can also do the same with my credit card company if the buyer claims it wasnt received.

also the only game I wanted to play was knack which is getting torn apart right now.  So even if I just made $5 for the 2 minutes it took to change the address I would be happy about it as there seems to be nothing I want to play on it till next spring.  

Plus the backlog of 500+ steam games and 50+ wiiu,, 360 and ps3 games will keep me busy until at least spring of 2018

bread's done
Back