Wanted: Xbox 360 power brick

BleedBlue08

CAGiversary!
EDIT: Hey so I asked him to check the wattage on his old one and he had already ordered one cause I guess he got anxious. I'll put the money towards Bad Company 2 and send it over. Thanks everyone.

I had a post in the 360 forum but it was apparently deleted. Hopefully this is the right forum now..

Long story short my cousin is in Iraq and his 360 power brick got fried when his roommate plugged it into the wrong outlet. I want to send him a replacement so he can get up and running again but GS was trying to charge me $40 for a used one. Does anyone have a spare lying around that I can take off your hands for a fair price?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure there are different ones depending on the age of the console, but I could be wrong. I'll check with my brother for one though, as he has had a few RROD on him in the past.

I know he has the older console compared with to the slim. Other than that I don't think there are any compatibility issues.

[quote name='BleedBlue08']I had a post in the 360 forum but it was apparently deleted. Hopefully this is the right forum now..

Long story short my cousin is in Iraq and his 360 power brick got fried when his roommate plugged it into the wrong outlet. I want to send him a replacement so he can get up and running again but GS was trying to charge me $40 for a used one. Does anyone have a spare lying around that I can take off your hands for a fair price?[/QUOTE]

You want to check the watts on the power brick. The oldest one is 203W. The most common is 175W, followed by the more effiicent Jasp model which is 150W.

I would start finding out what the watts were on the old power brick first.

^^^yeah, there are several different plug types depending on the wattage of the brick. and that could cause issues when you're buying them if you don't know what the watts are on his, last thing you'd want to do is pay for one and pay for shipping only to find out that you bought the wrong one.

Hey so I asked him to check the wattage on his old one and he had already ordered one cause I guess he got anxious. I'll put the money towards Bad Company 2 and send it over. Thanks everyone.

I've got a power brick at my parents house. But it is just the brick and the cord attached to it. I don't have the other cord for it though. But I wonder if the power brick could be used with his cord if he still has it as the defect is probably just with the actual power brick.

Feel free to PM me if you are interested.

bread's done
Back