Wanting tips for building/buying a gaming PC.

naruto98

CAGiversary!
Looking to budget myself at $600. I would prefer to out right buy a PC. Looking to play games like BF3, COD, Deus ex etc. Not even sure if this is the right thread it should go under lol.

You should also cross-check CPU prices with Microcenter as well. They tend to be a good amount cheaper even if you have to pay for shipping and/or tax.

I think you should keep in mind that a playing Battlefield 3 on a $600 PC isn't really going to look any better then on a console. I just spent a grand on mine (based on the NeoGAF thread) , and I can play Deus Ex on max settings on my 50" TV and I don't really think it looks that much better then on my 360. Now if you're buying a PC to play games you can't play on a console, like Diablo 3 that's a different story.

[quote name='hxcmusic']...I can play Deus Ex on max settings on my 50" TV and I don't really think it looks that much better then on my 360...[/QUOTE]

Deus Ex is just a console port, but I'd still say that playing the PC version at full 1080p with high AA and AF at 60fps looks a lot better than 720p, 30fps console version.

[quote name='kube00']toms hardware has good advice and builds[/QUOTE]

This. The hardest part of buying a PC is deciding on your motherboard and CPU. Don't skimp on the quality of those parts, because everything else is much easier to upgrade in the future.

[quote name='hxcmusic']I think you should keep in mind that a playing Battlefield 3 on a $600 PC isn't really going to look any better then on a console. I just spent a grand on mine (based on the NeoGAF thread) , and I can play Deus Ex on max settings on my 50" TV and I don't really think it looks that much better then on my 360. Now if you're buying a PC to play games you can't play on a console, like Diablo 3 that's a different story.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this gentleman 100%!!!

[quote name='hxcmusic']I think you should keep in mind that a playing Battlefield 3 on a $600 PC isn't really going to look any better then on a console. I just spent a grand on mine (based on the NeoGAF thread) , and I can play Deus Ex on max settings on my 50" TV and I don't really think it looks that much better then on my 360. Now if you're buying a PC to play games you can't play on a console, like Diablo 3 that's a different story.[/QUOTE]
Console graphics cards are 5-6 years old. A $600 PC based on a DX11 graphics card will look tons better than any console. Plus you get the added bonus of mouse/keyboard controls.

bread's done
Back