Warehouse Deals selling trade-in games?

Thraka

CAGiversary!
Warehouse Deals - half-way down the page is the Video Games category - one of the bullet points says Trade-In Program so it looks like this is where the trade-in games get sold. Anyone know for sure if this is true?

They had the 360 version of CoD: MW2 for $31.99 but it looks like they just raised it to $40.99 - it's $49.99 at Gamestop.com (not available right now).

Edited: the price went from $31.99 to $40.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received MW2 today, purchased a 'very good' copy from Warehouse Deals for 28.99 on Tuesday. Looks used, disc has minor scratches, but so far plays like new.

Interesting, didn't notice this before. I always thought Amazon's warehouse deals came from returned copies of games.

It looks like they just copied the categories from Amazon.com. "Trade-in Program" doesn't make much sense there otherwise. From what I've read, Amazon is selling these games to a third-party. I'd be surprised if they sold them at warehouse deals.

In fact, if you go to the main Warehouse deals site, and scroll down, "Trade-in program" is its own link, and goes directly to Amazon's trade-in page: http://www.warehousedeals.com/

[quote name='Gbear09']That's a good deal. Why is the gamestop.com showing 49.99 and gamestop b&m selling it for 54.99?[/QUOTE]
That's easy, the $50 is online only.

just bought Dj Hero for 360 at $49.99 from them. They also had a few other games for cheap.....assassins creed 2 at only 26.99, mw2 at 30.99

[quote name='usfjonathan']I just received MW2 today, purchased a 'very good' copy from Warehouse Deals for 28.99 on Tuesday. Looks used, disc has minor scratches, but so far plays like new.[/QUOTE]

Ordered MW2 from Warehouse for $30.99, but the disc wouldn't work. So I had to return it for a refund...wish it was a replacement.

This is totally true; Amazon Warehouse Deals sells USED games, not just returns.

I ordered a "Used - Like New" copy of Demon's Souls from Amazon Warehouse Deals (directly through Amazon's "Other Sellers" -> "Used" section). It was only $40.

When it came in, the game was shrinkwrapped like it was brand new, but on the back of the case, lower left corner, UNDER the shrinkwrap was a little barcode sticker that said "Used - Like New". The disc was flawless and the only way you'd know it was used was that the top font/back of the case (where the clear plastic "Playstation" area is) had some scuffs.

So, yes, be aware you might be buying a used game.

[quote name='emperordahc']This is totally true; Amazon Warehouse Deals sells USED games, not just returns.

I ordered a "Used - Like New" copy of Demon's Souls from Amazon Warehouse Deals (directly through Amazon's "Other Sellers" -> "Used" section). It was only $40.

When it came in, the game was shrinkwrapped like it was brand new, but on the back of the case, lower left corner, UNDER the shrinkwrap was a little barcode sticker that said "Used - Like New". The disc was flawless and the only way you'd know it was used was that the top font/back of the case (where the clear plastic "Playstation" area is) had some scuffs.

So, yes, be aware you might be buying a used game.[/QUOTE]

How do you know this wasn't a return? Amazon accepts opened games as returns, they just give a partial refund. Considering it's Demon's Souls I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was a return (i.e. the game was harder than what the buyer expected, etc..)

prices aren't bad at all compared to GS. Especially considering that you can transfer the occassional chunk of GS credit to amazon at a 1:1 ratio.

I got a bunch from this seller for about 2 months now maybe 3? I did get some good condition stuff that you can tell they were totally well used. The most times i get top shape stuff but never a dud yet.

[quote name='ssjmichael']How do you know this wasn't a return? Amazon accepts opened games as returns, they just give a partial refund. Considering it's Demon's Souls I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was a return (i.e. the game was harder than what the buyer expected, etc..)[/QUOTE]
It's possible, but the case was pretty "tossed around on the coffee table" beat up for a simple return.

I just tried to order some games from this seller and now they charge sales tax for NY. I ordered from the same seller for about 2-3 months now and never was charged tax. I have a feeling amazon finally got smart and noticed it was not charging tax on that selling profile. I do not order much amazon now cause of the dumb tax. Example is buy sabteur from amazon for $39.14 shipped with tax or i could order it from family video for $32-33 shipped on familyvideo. Damn that NY tax!

bread's done
Back