Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War II, $37.49 on Steam till April 20th

Freekin' great game, tho--I just finished the campaign, and loved every minute of it. I'm not much for competitive multiplayer, so I hope they release more expansions for the campaign.

Not that shitty of a deal considering seeing the game is on the top sellers list at $49.99 but yeah I got this game at $25 via direct game keys (if I remember correctly) lol

fun game!

[quote name='aznguyen316']Not that shitty of a deal considering seeing the game is on the top sellers list at $49.99 but yeah I got this game at $25 via direct game keys (if I remember correctly) lol

fun game![/quote]

It's not that bad of a deal if you want it right now and can't wait for a physical copy. But if you can, Amazon and Newegg have a better deal:

Amazon - $36.49 - http://www.amazon.com/Warhammer-Daw..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1239818479&sr=8-2

Newegg - $39.99 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832193036&Tpk=dawn of war ii

The game is actually really good. I agree w/ AwRy108, single player is awesome. But if you were hoping for the usual RTS or something akin to the other DoW games, you're gonna be sorely disappointed. It's a fresh change for the RTS genre but not as hardcore as you might think.

[quote name='aznguyen316']Not that shitty of a deal considering seeing the game is on the top sellers list at $49.99 but yeah I got this game at $25 via direct game keys (if I remember correctly) lol

fun game![/quote]

Huh... How does that work? You get a CD key then enter it into Steam?

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']geez, it's not that crappy. do you have some sort of long standing feud with the DoW series or something?[/QUOTE]

He's reffering to price and not game (I think)

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']He's reffering to price and not game (I think)[/QUOTE]

oh that makes sense i guess. well i guess if you want the instant gratification, buying now on steam would probably be the best. if you're willing to wait, you can find it for a bit cheaper elsewhere.

[quote name='leshrac55']Huh... How does that work? You get a CD key then enter it into Steam?[/QUOTE]

Yeah you just buy the steam key that would normally be in the retail package since the game must be activated on steam to play (DRM). Think retail VALVe games.

Only difference here is you don't get a DVD to install from but rather have to wait for the download from steam + bandwidth usage (if applicable). I think it was like 3-4GB, not bad really.

btw I just checked it was from directgamekeys got my key in like 2 min after paypal though it varies. $25 on the dot, no problems since got it about 3 weeks ago. Works on Live and my 360 gamertag etc, yay for achievements

just to chime in further about gameplay, indeed it is a fun game, RTS/RPG which is refreshingly new to me. It's fun earning XP and getting some loot to equip your squads. I haven't tried MP yet though they just released a new map the other day, so cool on that!

also I dunno but I feel this game is poorly optimized, it doesn't run so well on my MB (~20-30FPS)yet Empire Total war runs a lot better (30+FPS) and I would've though Empire would be a more taxing game.. ah well.

*edit* just got an RSS stating the DoWII demo is available for those on the fence or wondering if their PC can handle it. Figured I'd post that info here since this thread has gotten a few replies/views

Last edited by a moderator:
OP is clearly anti-fun, as this game is great, and the deal is good for a game that came out two months ago.

Also, playing the campaign in co-op increases fun factor by 10 megafuns. Only caveat is that the endgame is less satisfying than you might expect if you max out all your characters before finishing it.

[quote name='Skexis']OP is clearly anti-fun, as this game is great, and the deal is good for a game that came out two months ago.

Also, playing the campaign in co-op increases fun factor by 10 megafuns. Only caveat is that the endgame is less satisfying than you might expect if you max out all your characters before finishing it.[/QUOTE]

heh too bad none of my buddies play these games.. coop w/ a stranger on live I suppose?

[quote name='Skexis']OP is clearly anti-fun, as this game is great, and the deal is good for a game that came out two months ago.[/quote]

I wasn't commenting on the quality of the game. I think the game is fine.

I was saying that it's a shitty deal, because you can get a physical copy of the game at this price, or even a little less, which will still activate on Steam, plus you get the box and discs for faster install.

Deal sucks.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I wasn't commenting on the quality of the game. I think the game is fine.

I was saying that it's a shitty deal, because you can get a physical copy of the game at this price, or even a little less, which will still activate on Steam, plus you get the box and discs for faster install.

Deal sucks.[/QUOTE]

You realize you can make steam backups don't you?

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Demo is exactly what I've been waiting for. Now to see if I'll feel immediate regret at not buying the thing when it was on sale at GoGamer
ig.jpg
[/quote]

I didn't like the demo version of this game.

Dear goodness! Just finished the demo and absolutely LOVED IT! Nothing like the previous dawn of war, so perhaps some will hate on it because of that reason. Totally regretting not picking it up on gogamer last week.... my soul yearns for this game.

Here a lot of mixed reviews about this game. Would give it a shot had it not been for Killzone2/Fallout3 I got from amazon earlier this week. Maybe if it drops a bit in the not-so-distant future. :)

[quote name='Skexis']You realize you can make steam backups don't you?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, having to download all ~6 gigs of it at least once and then making your own backups of it is totally as nice as having a boxed retail copy for the same price.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Yeah, having to download all ~6 gigs of it at least once and then making your own backups of it is totally as nice as having a boxed retail copy for the same price.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you have closet space for a bunch of game boxes you're never going to use again, but I don't
And really if waiting a couple of hours is torture for you then you need another hobby besides games.
94171246.gif

[quote name='Skexis']Maybe you have closet space for a bunch of game boxes you're never going to use again, but I don't
And really if waiting a couple of hours is torture for you then you need another hobby besides games.
94171246.gif
[/QUOTE]

And maybe you have an internet connection with a monthly bandwidth limit that you aren't already almost maxing out every month, but I don't. And maybe you aren't a collector who likes physical copies, but I am.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']And maybe you have an internet connection with a monthly bandwidth limit that you aren't already almost maxing out every month, but I don't. And maybe you aren't a collector who likes physical copies, but I am.[/QUOTE]

I think someone needs a hug. Come here big boy and give papa bear a hug.

bread's done
Back