Warhammer Online Age of Reckoning

Haha, yea. The whole chat system is this game is bonked. Doesn't help that you cannot link items. And noone uses /1, even in cities. Partly to do with no confusion on where quests are ect.

For one I hate the R button . . . it doesn't reply to the last person yet the last person you messaged. And how enter takes you to the last type of text input you did, it should default to either /say or /g ect. (Equals a ton of Miss tells)

And about /1 it's also because the text boxes are to small (yes you can tinker with em, but I think you know what I mean) and the fact that it describes everything about your character and fills up the box ex (this is a dramatization):

[Troll Country area 5][Valon the Chaos Chosen][Level 20][In the Chaos starting lands]says:"Hi".

Here's how it looks like if you have a small chatbox:
You got 4 brass coins.
You got 5 brass coins.
You got 3 and a half of a brass coin.
You got 2 brass coins.

Jim the Npc says, "Rawwwwr! I am the
one! Follow the light! I speak about
noooone cares about! And I fill up your
chatbox constantly! RAWR!!!"
Jim the Npc says, "RAWWRR! Just
thought i'd spam something random again!"

[Troll Country area 5][Valo
n the Chaos Chosen][Level 20][In t
he Chaos starting lands]s
ays:"Hi".

Little annoying...

Yeah, the chat system is slightly broken. Can't use timestamps or occasionally you'll lag behind chat by a line or two for whatever reason. Also the main chat window gets way too much spam and it's impossible to stop a lot of it, which is really gay.

There are mods out there to do a little sound when you recieve certain types of messages, but meh. I just hope they fix the chat so I can actually see and read it rather than having to use something like a ding for when I recieve a message or tell.

EDIT: Here's what I have on my filter list for chat (I moved some to combat): http://images.draekon.com/warui.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just picked this up and I'm installing it as we speak. I'm going to be on Dark Crag with some friends so if anyone else is on that realm let me know :) I think I'm going to make a Witch Hunter... anyone heard anything super bad about them though?

[quote name='talonthrawn']I just picked this up and I'm installing it as we speak. I'm going to be on Dark Crag with some friends so if anyone else is on that realm let me know :) I think I'm going to make a Witch Hunter... anyone heard anything super bad about them though?[/QUOTE]

A witch hunter is one of the 4 characters I have at level 5. She's fun to play so far, but there seems to be a lot of them running around the starting area. I was thinking of rolling an Arch Mage to make grouping and finding a guild easier later on, but in MMOs healers are always the hardest to level through the first part of the game, especially solo.

Of course, each starting area only has a total of 3 possible classes, so that would explain why there are so many running around.

I'm thinking of getting the game tomorrow. I played during both the preview and preview plus weekend and open beta. I really liked the iron breaker, but don't know if I want to stick with it.

OK, now I love the new nvidia drivers. They didn't install properly last time it seems. But I gave it another go and it has fixed some of the stuttering issues I had before (they still happen, but nowhere near as frequent).

Just picked this up recently. Mostly playing as Destruction on Heldenhammer, but also have one Order char on Tower of Doom.

Still really low level, can't wait to see the rest of the game.

[quote name='franz ferdinand']Just picked this up recently. Mostly playing as Destruction on Heldenhammer, but also have one Order char on Tower of Doom.

Still really low level, can't wait to see the rest of the game.[/QUOTE]Hey, I'm playing as Destro on Heldenhammer too. :D

Hit me up sometime. Name is Severon.

Here's the link to nvidia's drivers page (the latest drivers fixed some stuttering): http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

I'm not sure about ATI though. Actually I haven't heard about them having much problems. Though reading a bit on warhammeralliance.com forums, they say that turning off grass might help the stuttering, and increasing your texture cache size.

Bad news: Their hotfix from yesterday was supposed to fix stability and crashing. Too bad it know makes me freeze in my capital city now. :(

[quote name='eswat']I'm not sure about ATI though. Actually I haven't heard about them having much problems. Though reading a bit on warhammeralliance.com forums, they say that turning off grass might help the stuttering, and increasing your texture cache size.[/quote]

I have a ATI Radeon HD 4870, 4GB RAM, Core 2 Duo, etc, but WAR still stutters if I have grass on. Turning it off really improves the experience. Also, if you're not too concerned about water effects you might want to turn that off too. Water is pretty ugly in this game to begin with.

[quote name='eswat']Hey, I'm playing as Destro on Heldenhammer too. :D

Hit me up sometime. Name is Severon.

Here's the link to nvidia's drivers page (the latest drivers fixed some stuttering): http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

I'm not sure about ATI though. Actually I haven't heard about them having much problems. Though reading a bit on warhammeralliance.com forums, they say that turning off grass might help the stuttering, and increasing your texture cache size.

Bad news: Their hotfix from yesterday was supposed to fix stability and crashing. Too bad it know makes me freeze in my capital city now. :([/quote]

Woah, my friends main is named Severus.

I'm playing a Sorceress on Iron Rock. Anyone else there? I am thinking of switching to a lower population server though since my friends are getting the game in a couple weeks and I don't want to put up with server queues.

If you do that be prepared to: A. Rarely do Scenarios B. Rarely do PQ's C. Rarely do RvR.

Yea you don't have to wait in Queues, but you'll be waiting in much longer Scenario queues.

Yeah, the population thing is a double-edged sword. Find a realm with med/med so that there's actually enough people in the world to do scenarios and keep raids.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, how are the realm wars going on everyones servers? I'm playing Destruction on my main one, and while we dominate Tier 1 & 2, Order destroys us in Tier 3 and scenarios (where our realm's zerging tactics don't work). Destruction is still winning the overall war though.

I wasnt going to join a low/low, more like a med/med. The rest of the servers will fill out as well. The game has only been out a couple week.s

I like Averheim quite a bit. Scenarios pop near-instant starting around noon CST throughout the day and the queue I've never seen above 151 (10 minutes tops to get in). Plus Order seems to have about the same queue time as us Destruction, so it should work pretty well.

EDIT: As for server control, Destruction is pretty much controlling everything around 90% of the time, which includes full racial tier control quite often. Win about 75% of my Scenarios also which is nice (Pretty much PUGing for the most part).

[quote name='Jest']I wasnt going to join a low/low, more like a med/med. The rest of the servers will fill out as well. The game has only been out a couple week.s[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I have a feeling the general population may drop somewhat around, I dunnooo.....November 13 or so.

I'm playing Order on Ironfist and there was a 10 minute queue last night but every scenario I joined was almost instant. Thanks 13 year old for all choosing destruction!

Man I am really digging this game so far, I've played around on a couple classes and have decided that I like shadow warrior best. Felonous on Dark Crag if anyone is picking it up.

I just rolled out a Shadow Warrior on Iron Rock last night named Aluria. I also have a marauder on Be'lakor named Gorlock and a witch hunter on Ungrim named Conrad. If you are on any of those, hit me up.

Be'lakor is a good med/med if you are looking for a new server. RvR is a little slow on Tier 1, but only because most of the population is well past that point.

[quote name='Jest']I'm on Iron Rock as Scheherazade, a sorceress. I'm going to hunt you now.[/quote]

You would hunt a fellow CAG? Ice cold, man, ice cold :cold: ;)

Just kidding, I'm a ranged, lightly armor order player, so I'm begging to get ganked. I seem to have an unhealthy obsession with having my marauder target only bright wizards. His "mouth of Tzeentch" debuff interrupts spell casting, making for an easy kill :p

Here's my chosen main:
ValonM_099.jpg

Got my mount, woot!
ValonM_103.jpg

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Here's my chosen main:
ValonM_099.jpg

Got my mount, woot!
ValonM_103.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You look pretty badass. What level do you get the mount? I'm still grinding away in tier 1.

[quote name='jalu6']You look pretty badass. What level do you get the mount? I'm still grinding away in tier 1.[/quote]

You get your mount at 20. And thanks, Chosen look pretty sweet.

Here's me and my new helm... it looks sweet:
This time in Widescreen. Heh
ValonM_118.jpg

New pic:
ValonM_128.jpg
*added* new picture*

Must be doing a lot of Scenarios if you're keeping your renown so close to your level. I'm not quite as close being level 31/26 right now on my sorceress. Here's a pic of her:

http://images.draekon.com/war/sorc2.jpg

By the way, in Tier 3, Doomfist Crater is pretty awesome scenario I think. I went kinda batshit crazy on it the first and only time I've been able to get in thanks to the new cross-tier scenario joining. Really want to go back before I hit level 32.

I've also been knocking Magus lately as being kindof boring and just not that great overall, but man, yesterday I took it all back. Once a Magus hits level 31 (I think?), they become awesome to pair with as a sorceress. They get this spell that's an AoE (around self) vacuum. It deals some damage too possibly or else he was able to cast spells while it was still going, but I threw down Pit of Shades while I had 100 Dark Magic and it basically killed all the squishies between the two of us and it left us with basically tanks, which were quickly cleaned up afterwords. Did it against a sieging warband and man, they did not expect that what so ever. Quite possibly the funniest and most awesome thing I've seen in Warhammer so far. (Mainly worked so well because they were grouped pretty damn close together)

Pretty big game patch this morning:

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=338

Check the link for full notes, but here are the highlights.
* Players no longer need to scroll down through the EUALA when logging into the game. The window now defaults to the bottom, and players need only check the Agreement box and click accept.

* The war against the gold sellers continues! We have made improvements to the Appeal system to allow players to report spam messages from gold sellers more quickly.

* TAB-targeting should now more consistently select the nearest enemy in the player's field of view.

* Corrected an issue that was preventing players from adding new friends to their friend list even while the number of existing friends was below the list's size limit.

* Fixed the issue that was causing players to sometimes get stuck in a particular animation state.

* Monsters which change velocity while moving in combat should no longer return “Target is Out of Range” sometimes when attacked by players.

* The /ignore command will now work more consistently.

* In response to player feedback, we have made improvements to player pet movement and behaviors.

* The Pet window should no longer disappear when its master is zoning or entering the game.

* We made many UI fixes including a new "autoloot" feature requested by many players.

* Guild cloaks will now display their heraldry properly.

* We have made several improvements to the chat window, and it should now be more intuitive to use and set up. A number of chat window issues were resolved in the process. We are continuing to work on your requests about chat, with more improvements to come in the future.

They fixed a quest for the Tier 2 Stone Troll Crossing Scenario, so I'm pumped for that. Also nice to see they made so many fixes, hopefully they keep it up. It's awesome that they actually pay attention to user feedback and make somewhat timely fixes.

[quote name='Draekon']Must be doing a lot of Scenarios if you're keeping your renown so close to your level. I'm not quite as close being level 31/26 right now on my sorceress.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I did a lot up until around Rank 14.

That's when Destruction's insane lack of organization started to rear its head in the Scenarios on my server. I just did Objectives and Keep Raids since then.

I'm actually going to hang up my Chosen for now. I rolled a Witch Hunter on Eerie Down (the server cloned from Dark Crag). I don't know if it's Order or the Open RvR, but I've heard more communication in one night of playing Scenarios than I did during my entire Tier 2 time with Destruction.

Alright so I just hit 19 as a black ork. And I cant find my arm breaka skill. I have 5 point loaded up in da brawler path. But to no avail. I cannot find either a place where i can train these skills, or where I can find then in my tomb. Anyone wanna point me in the right direction?

PS. nym123. I am on monolith ATM.

You need to actually spend a point in buying the skill itself by clicking it in the Mastery Window (I think it was?). After level 20 you gain a Mastery Point every level.

Man, I must be slowing down in my old age. I've been playing the same character fairly consistently for 2-2.5 weeks, and I still haven't cracked rank 20. I blame it on my obsessive need to complete every quest I get.

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']Man, I must be slowing down in my old age. I've been playing the same character fairly consistently for 2-2.5 weeks, and I still haven't cracked rank 20. I blame it on my obsessive need to complete every quest I get.[/quote]

That's perfectly fine that you want to focus on PvE quests. It's my #1 priority in most MMOs.

From a single player standpoint, maybe do some PQs or RvR to supplement your PvE questing? That way, you'll be able to buy better armor from Renown merchants and get some pretty good equipment as Influence rewards. If you travel with a party, I'm sure the armor drops have been better than what you can get from rewards.

But anyway, this will help you tackle higher level PQs that'll net you decent XP and INF at the same time (then you can cash in on another INF reward). Try ones where you have to kill like 75 orcs in the 1st stage or something. It took me a short time to go from 10 to 15 because I was the only person doing PQs (High Elf Chapter 3 and 4). I had all the enemies to myself and I just went at it for a few hours.

[quote name='eswat']Patch 1.02 looks nice http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=362

I like they will address the Population issue, but I wonder how they will decide which servers get the bonus and which side. Even though, on my old server, Destruction ridiculously outnumbered Order, Order pretty much trumped Destrution in T3 and Scenarios anyway (seems to be the same story on my current realm).[/QUOTE]

Finally doing something about AFKers!

Finally got to lvl 11. I am so slow at MMORPGs. I get distracted easily from these types of games but the scenarios are distracting me right back into the game. Still waiting for my friends laptop to be fixed til we decide what server to roll mains on. I'm thinking Eerie Downs and Order to group up with the 1up guild. Anyone else on Eerie Downs?

[quote name='Jest']Finally got to lvl 11. I am so slow at MMORPGs. I get distracted easily from these types of games but the scenarios are distracting me right back into the game. Still waiting for my friends laptop to be fixed til we decide what server to roll mains on. I'm thinking Eerie Downs and Order to group up with the 1up guild. Anyone else on Eerie Downs?[/QUOTE]Me, and on Order as well. Didn't know 1UP was here too.

Well kids, I don't know if it was from the hotfixes or just the fact that I'm in Tier 3, but Order has suddenly gotten a heck of alot tougher. There is definitely more balance now and there was before.

[quote name='Jest']Eswat, my new character on Eerie Downs is called Mcbeardy. Send me a message if you see me.[/QUOTE]Sure thing, though my WAR playing has dwindled a bit. I really need to get to Tier 3. :\

So who's going to keep their subscription?

I've set mine to the 3-month plan. At the very least I want to see what the two new classes coming in December are like.

I'll keep mine for awhile. The community will pick you soon enough, and fixes seem to roll out at a good pace. I am having an issue with textures disappearing, but it doesn't really bother me.

And I still have to lay waste to Altdorf!

I'm going to keep mine going. A friend just got the game today so that will keep me interested as well. I never played WoW so I don't have any investment to go back there.

My free month ends tomorrow. I think I'll pay month-to-month or buy time cards on Amazon (no tax and I have Prime). I really like WAR and the universe more than WoW, but everyone I know has given up and gone back to WoW to gear up since the new pre-WotLK patches were released.

If I can find a better way to manage my time, I'd definitely play more WAR and continue my sub.

bread's done
Back