Wario Ware Twisted -- No Gyro Sensor?

PR Mega X

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Hey all, just wondering if anyone else has encountered this. I got complete copy of Wario Ware Twisted off of eBay, and the description said it has the Gyro Sensor and rumble feature, so I was expecting this:

Instead, I got a 5 page manual; a box that's standard size for GBA games (the twisted box is supposed to be thicker, and have a hologram on front; this does not), and the following cart (sorry it's blurry):

So...did I miss some sort of re-release from Nintendo that took out the motion sensing unit, or is this a bootleg? I already expect to be covered, since it's not as described, I'm just wondering if this thing is official or something bootlegged. Thanks!

They made it so that the D-Pad is the gyro... Sucks to see someone get a bootleg. I hope you get a full refund.

Yeah, I have to say mine that I picked up at Sears looks more like the first picture. I think you did get a bootleg. It shouldn't be too hard to find this game though, but don't expect cheap prices.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']It shouldn't be too hard to find this game though, but don't expect cheap prices.[/QUOTE]

I think it's on sale at TRU for like $10, but of course the two stores near me had none left. So, frustrated, I turned to ebay...and this is what I end up with >.

[quote name='Pasco']KB has is for $15.

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/3895379/ctid/19/INstock/Y/D//SkuNo/327642[/QUOTE]

I'll keep that in mind, thanks :) The guy has like 184 feedback, 100% positive, so hopefully he'll be quick to make amends, either with a refund or an official copy.

Also, thanks to all for the quick responses :) I'll update once I get a reply from the seller.

Edit for trunks982: User's name is tescon1579. Just checked his feedback again, and I noticed that there are 3 neutrals. 2 of them (from the same user) state that there was a problem with the game and that the seller provided a refund. The third neutral, for a copy of Minish Cap, states "The item was NOT as described, box is collapsed & torn & the manual is a fake".

[quote name='PRMega']I'll keep that in mind, thanks :) The guy has like 184 feedback, 100% positive, so hopefully he'll be quick to make amends, either with a refund or an official copy.[/quote]

Probably cos most of the bootlegs he sells are from regular cart games. I bet most people dont even notice that they got a bootleg. Only a gimmick cart like Twisted gives it away.

[quote name='trunks982']i looked through his ended auctions and buyers dont seem to notice all of those games are bootlegs. [/QUOTE]

Looks like mine wasn't the only copy of WW:Twisted he sold. Someone left positive feedback on another copy today, so either they got a legit copy, or don't know any better....

Have you tried it out?

Heck, maybe pretty cool just to own a bootleg like that. I have to admit though, it is a lot more fun twisting my GBA than my thumb with the D-PAD.

:lol::lol::lol: Pokemon Chaos Black :lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='Roufuss']I kinda wonder how it plays... someone said it uses the D-Pad to simulate the gyro?

That dosen't sound half bad.[/QUOTE]

That's right, the left and right directions on the D-Pad control the movement. It's not bad, I just feel like I'm missing out on something by not having the gyro. Maybe I can find a friend that has a regular copy so I can compare...

[quote name='PRMega']And you even left the $10 price tag on. Thanks for rubbing that in! :)

Kidding, thanks for the pics. I'll hang on to those just in case this guy tries to argue with me.[/QUOTE]
:lol: :whistle2:(
Sorry. If you need pics w/o the tag, LMK.

[quote name='6669']:lol: :whistle2:(
Sorry. If you need pics w/o the tag, LMK.[/QUOTE]

Nah, not a problem, the ones you've got up are perfect as is. Thanks for the offer tho :)

you dont need to buy any bootleg to experience it with a dpad. You can do this with the rom. However it just doesnt seem as fun.

I would report him to ebay for this. He is stealing money from all the winning bidders because he is selling fakes. I am a very anal person, so I would also contact the other buyers of his crap and let them know what he is doing.

Ive bought up alot of used gba carts in the last few weeks, so the other day I actually sat down with all of them and a little led keychain light and looked inside the bottom of each cart to make sure they were all legit copies. Luckily everything was the real deal. Well, except for my 189in1 cart. ;)

Welp, got a response:

"Hi, it is not equipped with a Gyro sensor that you are looking for. This is what I got when someone traded in the game. well, you can send it back for a refund but shipping is non refundable. please let me know. thank you and have a great day!"

Since he charged me $4.99 for shipping a product that's not as he described and not a legal copy and he expects me to pay return shipping, that's definitely not acceptable for me. One more shot, then I'm taking this up with eBay.

[quote name='PRMega']Welp, got a response:

"Hi, it is not equipped with a Gyro sensor that you are looking for. This is what I got when someone traded in the game. well, you can send it back for a refund but shipping is non refundable. please let me know. thank you and have a great day!"

Since he charged me $4.99 for shipping a product that's not as he described and not a legal copy and he expects me to pay return shipping, that's definitely not acceptable for me. One more shot, then I'm taking this up with eBay.[/quote]Yeah, he needs to not only refund shipping but pay to have you send it back to him, or just tell you to keep it, one of the two. You could always mention bringing him up with Nintendo that he's selling bootleg carts. ;)

[quote name='PRMega']Welp, got a response:

Since he charged me $4.99 for shipping a product that's not as he described and not a legal copy and he expects me to pay return shipping, that's definitely not acceptable for me. One more shot, then I'm taking this up with eBay.[/QUOTE]
He needs to refund the shipping, and pay to ship it back. He's the one selling bootlegged crap. I'd take it up with eBay if he doesn't refund you properly. $5 is already a rip-off, unless it had come in that bigger box.

[quote name='daroga']Yeah, he needs to not only refund shipping but pay to have you send it back to him, or just tell you to keep it, one of the two. You could always mention bringing him up with Nintendo that he's selling bootleg carts. ;)[/QUOTE]

Heh, good point. I already threatened to report his auctions to eBay, didn't even think of Nintendo, but I'll keep that in mind. Honestly, I'm not thrilled with the idea of sending the cart back to him, as I'm sure it'll end up back on eBay. Welp, the ball is back in his court, we'll see what he has to say...

[quote name='6669']He needs to refund the shipping, and pay to ship it back. He's the one selling bootlegged crap. I'd take it up with eBay if he doesn't refund you properly. $5 is already a rip-off, unless it had come in that bigger box.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, he definitely overcharged for shipping. Standard GBA games weigh very little, the box was flattened and sent in a small bubble mailer. Definitely no reason for that shipping charge.

Using the D-pad in place of the gyro is unacceptable because of analog vs. digital. In Twisted, sometimes you need to rotate slowly, sometimes you need to rotate fast. How could you do that with the D-pad? You can't.

[quote name='Vegan']Using the D-pad in place of the gyro is unacceptable because of analog vs. digital. In Twisted, sometimes you need to rotate slowly, sometimes you need to rotate fast. How could you do that with the D-pad? You can't.[/QUOTE]

I imagine if you tapped L/R quickly or in short bursts, it would somewhat mimic tilting only partially.

But that's still not a great solution.

I'd say make the guy give a full refund.

He doesn't have to pay to ship it back, according to Paypal. I got a bootleg from some a-hole off eBay, and Paypal wouldn't make him cover my return shipping, even with a statement from Capcom. I eventually called my credit card company intending to do a chargeback, but they offered to cover return shipping, which I was fine with.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']He doesn't have to pay to ship it back, according to Paypal. I got a bootleg from some a-hole off eBay, and Paypal wouldn't make him cover my return shipping, even with a statement from Capcom. I eventually called my credit card company intending to do a chargeback, but they offered to cover return shipping, which I was fine with.[/QUOTE]

Kinda OT, but I actually hate that about Paypal, that I have to refund the cost of the item AND the shipping cost if the buyer is unhappy?

The problem is with the item, not with the shipping... so if I paid to get an item somewhere, and it gets there ok, why should I refund the shipping?

[quote name='Roufuss']Kinda OT, but I actually hate that about Paypal, that I have to refund the cost of the item AND the shipping cost if the buyer is unhappy?

The problem is with the item, not with the shipping... so if I paid to get an item somewhere, and it gets there ok, why should I refund the shipping?[/QUOTE]I thought they only have to refund the shipping cost if they find the seller at fault. If it's a case of buyer's remorse and Paypal finds it that way, they don't need to return the shipping cost.

Cant PRMega complain to paypal? He did not get what was described in the auction. Paypal should refund his money and they he can keep the bootleg cart, or return it if he's feeling generous.

[quote name='Puffa469']Cant PRMega complain to paypal? He did not get what was described in the auction. Paypal should refund his money and they he can keep the bootleg cart, or return it if he's feeling generous.[/QUOTE]Paypal's not gonna refund anything unless he returns it.

[quote name='trunks982']i looked through his ended auctions and buyers dont seem to notice all of those games are bootlegs. cmon now... Pokemon Chaos Black version? i never heard of it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300069268382

if i buy something from ebay, i prefer the ones that has a pic of the item. not just a stock item pic.[/QUOTE]

This persons store has been updating for quiet awhile ,so no items can be viewed.

Good luck to the OP. I hope you get your money back as well as the shipping charges. If a person knowingly ships you a bootleg and they get called out on it, they better do the right thing and take the loss for selling it in the first place.
Karma is heading their way.

the OP might wanna try to get his money back from the seller before he sic's Nintendo on them. If the guy gets kicked off of ebay PRMega is never gonna see that cash again.

[quote name='Puffa469']the OP might wanna try to get his money back from the seller before he sic's Nintendo on them. If the guy gets kicked off of ebay PRMega is never gonna see that cash again.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I'm trying to get things settled with him before involving the powers that be. No doubt I do plan to bring his auctions to the attention of both eBay and Nintendo (thanks for the e-mail addy, 4tygames), as well as Paypal if necessary, but I'm trying to get my situation taken care of before summoning higher ups.

And so, he responds:

"Hi there, ok I will refund you the cost of shipping and the return shipping as well. I am just a reseller and I don't know if any game has never been official release. Thank you and have a good one."

Not entirely sure I buy the whole 'I didn't know' thing, wish I knew if all the games he sells are boots. Anyway, I sounds like this will be resolved...I'll get DC just in case the guy trys to screw me.

It's possible he's not a gamer and bought the games from a wholesaler or someone who sells to resellers and didn't realize they were bootlegs. Regardless, it's good to see he's willing to give the full refund and shipping

LOL, that's actually kinda cool (yeah bootlegs suck but a Warioware Twisted one is funny). If it cost under $10, I'd keep it for collectibility.

[quote name='Kendro']LOL, that's actually kinda cool (yeah bootlegs suck but a Warioware Twisted one is funny). If it cost under $10, I'd keep it for collectibility.[/QUOTE]

Heh. Came to around $17 shipped, so I'd rather use that money for an official copy of the game. But if anyone wants to trade for the bootleg, let me know lol

[quote name='PRMega']Heh. Came to around $17 shipped, so I'd rather use that money for an official copy of the game. But if anyone wants to trade for the bootleg, let me know lol[/QUOTE]
Pay it Forward! :)
Glad the seller came thru for you!!!!

So...for anyone still interested in this ordeal, I figured I'd post an update.

I had originally told the seller I'd be up to the post office this Saturday to return his game to him. However, things came up, and I was unable to get out Saturday.

So, I go today to inform the seller and....he's no longer a registered user! Interesting how a guy with 100% positive feedback just decides to close the account; I hadn't planned on reporting him till after I got my refund, so I'm not sure if someone else did. Either way, glad I didn't send the game back to him; I'd be out the money *and* the game.

Did the guy ever refund your money?

[quote name='PRMega']So...for anyone still interested in this ordeal, I figured I'd post an update.

I had originally told the seller I'd be up to the post office this Saturday to return his game to him. However, things came up, and I was unable to get out Saturday.

So, I go today to inform the seller and....he's no longer a registered user! Interesting how a guy with 100% positive feedback just decides to close the account; I hadn't planned on reporting him till after I got my refund, so I'm not sure if someone else did. Either way, glad I didn't send the game back to him; I'd be out the money *and* the game.[/quote]

[quote name='Puffa469']Did the guy ever refund your money?[/QUOTE]

No refund, and I'm definitely not about to return the game to him without getting my money first, considering he's no longer registered.

bread's done
Back