Warner Bros. Red2Blu Program - Exchange Your HD DVD's for Blu-Rays

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

http://red2blu.com/

Shipping is $7 flat for any amount of titles it seems.

List of participating titles:

[quote name='h3llbring3r']#
16 Blocks
2001: A Space Odyssey: Special...

A:
Adventures of Robin Hood, The (1938)
Alexander Revisited: (Unrated) Final...
Ant Bully, The
Appleseed Saga:Ex Machina:LE (2D)
Assassination of Jesse James, The
ATL
August Rush
Aviator, The

B:
Batman Begins
Battle of the Bulge
Beerfest (Unrated)
Best of HD-DVD, The Vol. 1 ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The Vol. 2 ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The Vol. 3 ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The: Action ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The: Family ** ($9.95)
Blade Runner: Complete Collector's ** ($14.95)
Blazing Saddles: 30th Anniversary
Blood Diamond
Blue Planet
Bonnie and Clyde
Brave One, The
Bullitt: Special Edition

C:
Casablanca: Special Edition
Christmas Story, A
Clockwork Orange, A: Special Edition
Constantine
Cowboys, The

D:
Deliverance
Departed, The: Special Edition
Dirty Dozen, The
Dog Day Afternoon: Special Edition

E:
Enter the Dragon (check with the glitched BR thread, I think this one is Fubar on :BR:)
Eyes Wide Shut: Special Edition

F:
Firewall
Fugitive, The
Full Metal Jacket

G:
Galapagos
Getaway, The
Gods and Generals
Good Night and Good Luck
Goodfellas
Gothika

H:
Happy Feet
Harry Potter 1-5 Limited Edition ** ($14.95)
Harry POtter (#1)
Harry POtter (#2)
Harry POtter (#3)
Harry POtter (#4)
Harry POtter (#5)
House of Wax (2005)

I:
I Am Legend
In the Valley of Elah
Invasion, The

J:
Jailhouse Rock
Justice League: The New Frontier...

K:
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

L:
Lady In The Water
Lake House, The
Last Samurai, The
Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains the same.
Lethal Weapon: Director's Cut
Lethal Weapon 2: Director's Cut
Letters From Iwo Jima
License to Wed

M:
March of the Penguins
Matrix, The [Note: Blu-ray version is the 10th Anniversary Digibook.]
Michael Clayton
Million Dollar Baby
Music and Lyrics

N:
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Nip/Tuck: The Complete Fourth Season
No Reservations

O:
Oceans 11
Oceans 12
Oceans 13
Oceans 11,12, & 13 set ** ($9.95)
Omega Man, The
One Missed Call
Out For Justice

P:
P.S. I Love You
Pan's Labyrinth
Perfect Storm, The
Phantom of the Opera
Planet Earth: The Complete... ($9.95)
Polar Express
Purple Rain

R:
Reaping, The
Relentless Enemies
Return to House on Haunted Hill...
Rio Bravo
Road Warrior, The
Room With a View, A: Special Edition
Rumor Has It

S:
Scanner Darkly, A
Scooby-Doo: The Movie
Searchers, The
Shining, The: Special Edition
Smallville: The Complete Sixth Season ** ($9.95)
Sopranos, The Sixth Season Part 1 ** ($9.95)
Sopranos, The Sixth Season Part 2 ** ($9.95)
Space Cowboys
Sublime (Raw Feed Series) (Uncut)
Superman II: Richard Donner Cut, The
Superman Returns
Superman, The Movie
Swordfish
Syriana

T:
That's Entertainment Trilogy Giftset ** ($9.95)
Tim Burton's Corpse Bride
TMNT
Training Day
Troy / Troy Director's Cut (Unrated) [note: Blu-ray version is the Director's Cut (Unrated)]
Twilight Zone: The Movie
Twister

U:
Ultimate Matrix Collection, The ** ($14.95)
Under Siege
Unforgiven: Special Edition

V:
V for Vendetta
Viva Las Vegas

W:
We Are Marshall
Wicker Man, The (Unrated/Rated)
Wild Bunch, The
Wyatt Earp

** Special instructions for exchanging this title, please see the site!

[/quote]

Thanks H3llbring3r

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad I found the outside paper that was glued to the box for my Ultimate Matrix Collection. I never noticed it before partly because it is in my backlog of HD titles to watch but I have 2 covers for The Matrix Revolutions but the one does have Reloaded in it. I'm glad I have the paper and did not get rid of it because I don't know if they would let me send in 2 of the same covers.

I just sent my 8 covers off today. HD DVD movies are getting near impossible to find so might as well dump them all for Blu-Ray.

Seems worth it to pay... what... 21 dollars? plus the sleeve for Sorcerer's Stone to get a brand to BRD Harry Potter trunk... even if only for ebay. Am I missing something?

Just a warning on anybody planning on using their InetVideo HD-DVD purchases. All of the HD-DVD's that I bought from there were bi-lingual (French/English), so I'm sure the UPC is different than the UPC in the States. You might be taking a chance that they won't accept it as this offer is for US residents only. I only bought Universal DVD's from them, so I'm not concerned personally, but just something to consider.

Sweet, I got the confirmation email finally, and it looks like the return center is in Howell Michigan after all, which is located 1 hour from me or so.

So here's hoping the return time and turn around is on the shorter side

So has anyone asked what to do if you have more than 25 titles?? I have 32, and I find it stupid that I can't "upgrade" my whole Warner collection...do I get screwed because I supported your original format of choice??

I know I can just have someone else order these, but I still think it's dumb...especially since I have to pay a little bit already to get these versions...

[quote name='microcuts777']So has anyone asked what to do if you have more than 25 titles?? I have 32, and I find it stupid that I can't "upgrade" my whole Warner collection...do I get screwed because I supported your original format of choice??

I know I can just have someone else order these, but I still think it's dumb...especially since I have to pay a little bit already to get these versions...[/quote]

The lady I spoke to actually mentioned to me that they're discussing this but as of now the limit is 25 still..

oh and BTW guys, I forgot to mention, she said I think there's a limit of 10 titles per order

[quote name='mick16']Just a warning on anybody planning on using their InetVideo HD-DVD purchases. All of the HD-DVD's that I bought from there were bi-lingual (French/English), so I'm sure the UPC is different than the UPC in the States. You might be taking a chance that they won't accept it as this offer is for US residents only. I only bought Universal DVD's from them, so I'm not concerned personally, but just something to consider.[/quote]

I only have a few dual-language covers, but they all have the correct UPCs, so hopefully this won't be an issue.

[quote name='MrDubbs']
oh and BTW guys, I forgot to mention, she said I think there's a limit of 10 titles per order[/quote]

Has anyone else heard more on this limit? I have 11 disks, and while I haven't checked out yet, it seems to be okay with all of them at once so far...

[quote name='srr']Has anyone else heard more on this limit? I have 11 disks, and while I haven't checked out yet, it seems to be okay with all of them at once so far...[/quote]

The way she mentioned it, was the orders will submit, but they had to contact the people to let them know and have them reorder, not sure the exact reasoning behind this

Well they had let me add 25 items to my cart, then I could no longer click titles and have them swivel around to Blu and go to my cart...

I dunno, I did the math and if I replace...scratch that...upgrade ALL of my Warner HDDVD titles I'm paying like $6 per Blu (total was $202 I think including shipping 2x in case i have to do separate orders
)...I don't think that's too bad...that would put me at an average of $10 - 12 per disc (including the HDDVD cost), and I'd have 2 (or 3 on Combos) versions/editions/whatever of the movie...

Anyone think they would upgrade my Taking Lives HDDVD's??? How about my Band of Brothers??

[quote name='MrDubbs']The way she mentioned it, was the orders will submit, but they had to contact the people to let them know and have them reorder, not sure the exact reasoning behind this[/QUOTE]

They get an extra $6.95 for every order they make you enter...

Its funny cuz i just decided a few weeks ago to sell my combo discs. and I had about a good 20 of them, but i only have the justice league thats left basically...I guess i might have to check with my cousin.

[quote name='supermodestmouse']so has there been any final official/confirmed word on the ultimate matrix collection? I have it, but no paper insert :([/quote]

[quote name='iamme10']I just spoke with a rep on the phone and she told me that all I had to send in was the Matrix Revolutions artwork, as that one is not available seperatley, and they would send me the whole collection back.[/quote]

[quote name='MrDubbs']That's correct, I just called to double check, and she said they had just received the official word from Warner Brothers on the issue.[/quote]

:cool:

They are supposed to let me know within 24-48 hours on the Ultimate Matrix since I'm missing the paper. That should be by tomorrow. Soooo hmm.... If it's as this thread says, the Revolutions cover that's fine with me.

[quote name='shadowrage']Band of Brothers was only released on Blu-ray. They won't take the JP version.[/quote]

Well, it was released on HD DVD, but by Toshiba, and only in Japan...I was just joking anyway. Taking Lives was recalled, so I'm fairly certain I'm not going to be able to exchange that one either...

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I only have a few dual-language covers, but they all have the correct UPCs, so hopefully this won't be an issue.[/quote]I would assume that the UPC being correct is all they care about.

Unless there's some restriction that the program is only for the US and not all of North America, then there shouldn't be any issues.

Is there definitive word on Matrix Complete Collection? Do I just send in the revolutions artwork and pretend I have the Ultimate?

[quote name='shrike4242']I would assume that the UPC being correct is all they care about.

Unless there's some restriction that the program is only for the US and not all of North America, then there shouldn't be any issues.[/QUOTE]

From the FAQ:

Q: Are international customers eligible for the Red2Blu program?
A: Unfortunately at this time the program only ships to the Continental US, Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico.

However this is only talking about customer location, not where you bought the HD-DVD. If the UPC is the same, I would assume that it would still work. Hopefully someone can report back after they're successful.

So I e-mailed warner about the Complete Matrix thing. I've heard way too many differences in what to send in. I'm going to send that e-mail in along with the covers. I think I'm just going to upgrade Planet Earth and the Matrix trilogy.

I was able to upgrade 7 movies....basically I got all these for free (except Batman Begins). I only have the 360 Add-On, so I may just eventually sell all my HD-DVD's. Besides the 7 isted below, I probably only have about 5 more (Transformers, The Thing, Four Brothers and a few others).

Blu-ray Item Price
Batman Begins (BD) $4.95
Blazing Saddles (BD) $4.95
Casablanca, Ultimate Collector's Edition (BD) $4.95
Firewall (BD) $4.95
Perfect Storm, The (BD) $4.95
Swordfish (BD) $4.95
Troy Director's Cut (BD) $4.95
Subtotal $34.65
Tax $2.50
Shipping $6.95
Total $44.10

[quote name='SlammedNiss']For those who are "upgrading" your HD's to blu, check out the "Blu-ray & HD-DVD - Buy, Sell or Trade Thread!".I'd like to trade title for title of HD movies I don't own yet. Check my list on page 22. All will include reprinted coverart and original disk.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the pointer. Either it's too early in the morning or I'm just not reading your post correctly. Either way, I'm confused.:cry:

Is the list you have the ones you want to trade or want? It looks like a want list but you mention that you'd swap disks (for which ones?).

[quote name='nintenjoe']They are supposed to let me know within 24-48 hours on the Ultimate Matrix since I'm missing the paper. That should be by tomorrow. Soooo hmm.... If it's as this thread says, the Revolutions cover that's fine with me.[/quote]

If you add the Ultimate Matrix Set to your order and then go to the checkout page, on the last page before you confirm there is a little note under the collection that tells you to just send in the Matrix Revolutions cover art. So yes, this is official.

[quote name='gkrykewy']Is there definitive word on Matrix Complete Collection? Do I just send in the revolutions artwork and pretend I have the Ultimate?[/quote]

It will probably work, but you can actually check to see if it will "officially" work by adding the Ultimate Matrix Collection to your cart and get to the last checkout screen (before confirming). Under the Ultimate Matrix collection it will say to send in the cover art for Matrix Revolutions and list the UPC code for it. If your UPC code for Matrix Revolutions matches, I think you're good. If not, it may just depend on whether whoever is fulfilling your order cares that much about the difference. =)

[quote name='bob330i']Thanks for the pointer. Either it's too early in the morning or I'm just not reading your post correctly. Either way, I'm confused.:cry:

Is the list you have the ones you want to trade or want? It looks like a want list but you mention that you'd swap disks (for which ones?).[/quote]
Sorry for the confusion. The ones I have listed are the ones I'm "upgrading" through the red2blu promotion. So, they are the ones that I have available to trade to other people.

[quote name='mick16']From the FAQ:

Q: Are international customers eligible for the Red2Blu program?
A: Unfortunately at this time the program only ships to the Continental US, Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico.

However this is only talking about customer location, not where you bought the HD-DVD. If the UPC is the same, I would assume that it would still work. Hopefully someone can report back after they're successful.[/quote]I can see them bouncing it and denying anything with the bilingual covers from iNetVideo, with that bit in the FAQ. That might be worth emailing them about and asking for clarification.

[quote name='shrike4242']I can see them bouncing it and denying anything with the bilingual covers from iNetVideo, with that bit in the FAQ. That might be worth emailing them about and asking for clarification.[/quote]

Hmm... That's a good point, which of course comes right after I just ordered a couple HD-DVDs from them for exchange in the program (Casablanca and V for Vendetta). I just noticed that supposedly the Casablanca they're sending back is the "Ultimate Collector's Edition", so it seemed like it was worth trying as they had Casablanca on HD-DVD for just $6. If not, still a good edition. =)

Hopefully it works.

[quote name='leshrac55']Hmm... That's a good point, which of course comes right after I just ordered a couple HD-DVDs from them for exchange in the program (Casablanca and V for Vendetta). I just noticed that supposedly the Casablanca they're sending back is the "Ultimate Collector's Edition", so it seemed like it was worth trying as they had Casablanca on HD-DVD for just $6. If not, still a good edition. =)

Hopefully it works.[/quote]

I did the same thing for the same reason. Inetvideo I assume?

FYI: I never received a bilingual WB :hd: from them.

Haven't checked if the UPCs are the same though.

[quote name='manthing']I did the same thing for the same reason. Inetvideo I assume?

Haven't checked if the UPCs are the same though.[/quote]

I have, Batman Begins was, and it's an obvious bi-lingual cover (the main title en Francis in big letters under the Uh-Merican title).

If someone can post the UP codes I can verify if the bilingual one was the same. It's not the Matrix but might indicate if they are the same for another WB titles.

[quote name='manthing']I did the same thing for the same reason. Inetvideo I assume?

Haven't checked if the UPCs are the same though.[/quote]

The receipt I got doesn't even have any UPC codes... so I have a hard time believing that they're going to start taking people's original artwork (which they can't send back) and denying requests... though I don't know that to be certain.

[quote name='shrike4242']I can see them bouncing it and denying anything with the bilingual covers from iNetVideo, with that bit in the FAQ. That might be worth emailing them about and asking for clarification.[/quote]

While that may be true, the fact that they're letting Complete Matrixes upgrade to Ultimate Matrixes, along with the whole program itself, says to me that they won't be too crazy about shutting people down on situations like this. Seems to me like the whole program is about goodwill.

Just my guess, worth as much as everybody else's. But I would say the same, to call or e-mail to find out for sure, but I wouldn't dismiss it before checking with them.

My experience with these sub-contracted processing deals is that they look for any excuse to deny you. Do this at your own peril.

I considered it but decided against jeopardizing my whole order over one deal.

Received back my email from WB, and they confirmed what others have said, that the Matrix Revolutions cover art will work in place of the back UPC slip from the box.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I have, Batman Begins was, and it's an obvious bi-lingual cover (the main title en Francis in big letters under the Uh-Merican title).

If someone can post the UP codes I can verify if the bilingual one was the same. It's not the Matrix but might indicate if they are the same for another WB titles.[/quote]

Soylent green is people!

[quote name='leshrac55']It will probably work, but you can actually check to see if it will "officially" work by adding the Ultimate Matrix Collection to your cart and get to the last checkout screen (before confirming). Under the Ultimate Matrix collection it will say to send in the cover art for Matrix Revolutions and list the UPC code for it. If your UPC code for Matrix Revolutions matches, I think you're good. If not, it may just depend on whether whoever is fulfilling your order cares that much about the difference. =)[/QUOTE]

sweet, will do, thanks.

I wonder what I could sell my Ultimate Matrix set after I send the paper glued to the back off. The set will have everything other then that back paper and the Reloaded cover. However it will have two Revolutions covers so someone could send it in for another 2 more sets.

I don't get their policy of letting you send in just the Revolutions cover. I can give The Matrix cover to someone so they can get that for $12. You'd think they'd make you send both.

The reason they're letting you just send the revolutions cover is because a lot of people don't have the piece that was glued to the back.

I know mine kept falling off, so I finally grew tired of it, and just threw it out. This way it allows people who don't have it to be able to upgrade. I mean honestly, it doesn't matter what you have to send in, since you're getting the better blu ray set in return

I'm surprised people are more worried about what they can sell their old HD DVDs for with no covers and people being then able to get sets themselves.

A big warning to everyone:

The prices on several of these suddenly went up after you go to "Checkout" despite what it says when you're adding them on the first screen. I basically cancelled my original order (called them up to do it) and wanted to do another one adding a couple more and the prices of several titles shot up $5. I've called WB back and they told me it's just a system error at the moment and that I should hold off on ordering for now, so I hope that's accurate, but here's the ones that I've seen affected so far:

Ultimate Matrix Collection - $14.95 to $19.95
Planet Earth - $9.95 to $14.95
Casablanca - $4.95 to $9.95

I'm really hoping that the person I spoke to is right and they didn't suddenly raise the prices for all of these... My re-order was only going to cost $10 more before, and not $25 more.

[quote name='DestroVega']I'm surprised people are more worried about what they can sell their old HD DVDs for with no covers and people being then able to get sets themselves.[/QUOTE]

Translation needed.

[quote name='leshrac55']A big warning to everyone:

The prices on several of these suddenly went up after you go to "Checkout" despite what it says when you're adding them on the first screen. I basically cancelled my original order (called them up to do it) and wanted to do another one adding a couple more and the prices of several titles shot up $5. I've called WB back and they told me it's just a system error at the moment and that I should hold off on ordering for now, so I hope that's accurate, but here's the ones that I've seen affected so far:

I'm really hoping that the person I spoke to is right and they didn't suddenly raise the prices for all of these... My re-order was only going to cost $10 more before, and not $25 more.[/QUOTE]

ewww, no deal.

[quote name='leshrac55']A big warning to everyone:

I'm really hoping that the person I spoke to is right and they didn't suddenly raise the prices for all of these... My re-order was only going to cost $10 more before, and not $25 more.[/QUOTE]

I realized the price hike on Ultimate Matrix Collection AFTER I put in my order. I promptly called up and informed customer service of the issue. The lady on the phone couldn't do anything about it herself, but promised to "put in a ticket about it", saying I should receive a credit. We'll see how that goes...

The extra $5 isn't really the end of the world, I'm one of those upgrading from the Complete HD-DVD to the Ultimate Blu-ray so I still feel like I'm getting a deal.

BTW: I upgraded V for Vendetta, Batman Begins, and the Matrix Collection. V is one of my faves, and I've been tempted to pay full price just to have the Blu-ray version so I was extremely happy that this promotion came around and my patience paid off.

bread's done
Back