Warner Bros. Red2Blu Program - Exchange Your HD DVD's for Blu-Rays

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

http://red2blu.com/

Shipping is $7 flat for any amount of titles it seems.

List of participating titles:

[quote name='h3llbring3r']#
16 Blocks
2001: A Space Odyssey: Special...

A:
Adventures of Robin Hood, The (1938)
Alexander Revisited: (Unrated) Final...
Ant Bully, The
Appleseed Saga:Ex Machina:LE (2D)
Assassination of Jesse James, The
ATL
August Rush
Aviator, The

B:
Batman Begins
Battle of the Bulge
Beerfest (Unrated)
Best of HD-DVD, The Vol. 1 ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The Vol. 2 ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The Vol. 3 ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The: Action ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The: Family ** ($9.95)
Blade Runner: Complete Collector's ** ($14.95)
Blazing Saddles: 30th Anniversary
Blood Diamond
Blue Planet
Bonnie and Clyde
Brave One, The
Bullitt: Special Edition

C:
Casablanca: Special Edition
Christmas Story, A
Clockwork Orange, A: Special Edition
Constantine
Cowboys, The

D:
Deliverance
Departed, The: Special Edition
Dirty Dozen, The
Dog Day Afternoon: Special Edition

E:
Enter the Dragon (check with the glitched BR thread, I think this one is Fubar on :BR:)
Eyes Wide Shut: Special Edition

F:
Firewall
Fugitive, The
Full Metal Jacket

G:
Galapagos
Getaway, The
Gods and Generals
Good Night and Good Luck
Goodfellas
Gothika

H:
Happy Feet
Harry Potter 1-5 Limited Edition ** ($14.95)
Harry POtter (#1)
Harry POtter (#2)
Harry POtter (#3)
Harry POtter (#4)
Harry POtter (#5)
House of Wax (2005)

I:
I Am Legend
In the Valley of Elah
Invasion, The

J:
Jailhouse Rock
Justice League: The New Frontier...

K:
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

L:
Lady In The Water
Lake House, The
Last Samurai, The
Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains the same.
Lethal Weapon: Director's Cut
Lethal Weapon 2: Director's Cut
Letters From Iwo Jima
License to Wed

M:
March of the Penguins
Matrix, The [Note: Blu-ray version is the 10th Anniversary Digibook.]
Michael Clayton
Million Dollar Baby
Music and Lyrics

N:
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Nip/Tuck: The Complete Fourth Season
No Reservations

O:
Oceans 11
Oceans 12
Oceans 13
Oceans 11,12, & 13 set ** ($9.95)
Omega Man, The
One Missed Call
Out For Justice

P:
P.S. I Love You
Pan's Labyrinth
Perfect Storm, The
Phantom of the Opera
Planet Earth: The Complete... ($9.95)
Polar Express
Purple Rain

R:
Reaping, The
Relentless Enemies
Return to House on Haunted Hill...
Rio Bravo
Road Warrior, The
Room With a View, A: Special Edition
Rumor Has It

S:
Scanner Darkly, A
Scooby-Doo: The Movie
Searchers, The
Shining, The: Special Edition
Smallville: The Complete Sixth Season ** ($9.95)
Sopranos, The Sixth Season Part 1 ** ($9.95)
Sopranos, The Sixth Season Part 2 ** ($9.95)
Space Cowboys
Sublime (Raw Feed Series) (Uncut)
Superman II: Richard Donner Cut, The
Superman Returns
Superman, The Movie
Swordfish
Syriana

T:
That's Entertainment Trilogy Giftset ** ($9.95)
Tim Burton's Corpse Bride
TMNT
Training Day
Troy / Troy Director's Cut (Unrated) [note: Blu-ray version is the Director's Cut (Unrated)]
Twilight Zone: The Movie
Twister

U:
Ultimate Matrix Collection, The ** ($14.95)
Under Siege
Unforgiven: Special Edition

V:
V for Vendetta
Viva Las Vegas

W:
We Are Marshall
Wicker Man, The (Unrated/Rated)
Wild Bunch, The
Wyatt Earp

** Special instructions for exchanging this title, please see the site!

[/quote]

Thanks H3llbring3r

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided to give R2B another call today. Got a bit of bad news - turns out Matrix 10th Anniversary Digibook could potentially be on backorder for "up to 2 months" due to the fact that it's not just a regular Blu-ray, but also includes a special book which needs to be printed separately. Also, the rep said that he just got out of a meeting where his supervisor explicitly stated they should no longer be waiving additional shipping fees when splitting orders.

On a positive note, they are now holding all the other titles in your order that are currently in stock and putting them into a physical box, so that as soon as backordered titles become available, your entire order will be ready to ship.

Looks like the only one I'm going to upgrade is my "Complete Matrix Trilogy" HD-DVD to the "Ultimate Matrix" Blu. Pretty much every other Warner HD-DVD I have is either identical on Blu (ie: Twister, Batman Begins) or in some cases better on HD-DVD (ie: Fountain, Blood Diamond). $20 plus shipping to finally have Animatrix in 1080p right there is worth it.

They've been saying 2 weeks for Casablanca and Planet Earth for about 2 months now. I really don't get their strategy here.

I contacted them again yesterday and they said it could be a month or more before they get Planet Earth in. They let me split my order and are going to ship out the other 18 BD's I ordered and are going to make Planet Earth a separate order. They said the only draw back would be an additional 6.95 shipping charge for splitting the order. I told them to go ahead because I would rather be waiting on just ONE BD rather than 19.

-joseph

I got a postcard saying they have been unable to process it, and that I should call to get an estimate for the ship date or to cancel. So I called and they told me to disregard the post card because Planet Earth is now in stock and my order will be shipped out tomorrow morning. Good news guys!!

edit: It looks like there's a matching charge on my card as well.

[quote name='ziutek']Yeah I also got a charge on my card and I ordered Planet Earth.[/QUOTE]

Me too! I ordered Planet Earth and Ultimate Matrix.

Just got a card in the mail concerning my Casablanca order (the only one in the order) that read::

"Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately, due to delays in restocking our inventory, we are unable to process your order at this time. Please contact us at your earliest convenience for the expected ship date, or to cancel your order. Your product will be shipped upon availability...." It gave me reference information and thanked me...

grrrr...

So real quick, do they charge your card when they receive your HD DVD covers, or once you place the order? It seems like the few posts I read, people were getting charged when they received the covers, but I was just making sure. I'll swap out my fugitive, even though both transfers suck... :( Thanks!

[quote name='Nesmaster75']So real quick, do they charge your card when they receive your HD DVD covers, or once you place the order? It seems like the few posts I read, people were getting charged when they received the covers, but I was just making sure. I'll swap out my fugitive, even though both transfers suck... :( Thanks![/QUOTE]

They charge when they ship the order.

Called today about my card....they said 2-4 weeks for Casablanca....this is ridiculous. I'll be over 10 weeks. They received mine on April 29 (however, my card says order was April 23rd...which is when I placed it, I assume).

Got a shipped email today. Here is my list for those keeping track:

Batman Begins (BD)
Full Metal Jacket: Deluxe Edition (BD)
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (BD)
Ocean's Eleven (2001), Twelve & Thirteen Giftset (BD)
Scanner Darkly, A (BD)
Unforgiven (BD)
Planet Earth: The Complete Collection (BD)
Blade Runner: Complete Collector's Edition (BD)
I am Legend (BD)
Pan's Labyrinth (BD)
300 (BD)

I also got a shipping email today:

Alexander Revisited: (Unrated) Final Cut, The $4.95
Blood Diamond (BD) $4.95
Constantine (BD) $4.95
Deliverance (BD) $4.95
Full Metal Jacket: Deluxe Edition (BD) $4.95
Gods and Generals (BD) $4.95
Goodfellas (BD) $4.95
Planet Earth: The Complete Collection (BD) $9.95
Perfect Storm, The (BD) $4.95
Pan's Labyrinth (BD) $4.95
Sopranos, The: Season 6 Part 1 (BD) $9.95
Sopranos, The: Season 6 Part 2 (BD) $9.95
Swordfish (BD) $4.95
TMNT (BD) $4.95
Unforgiven (BD) $4.95
V for Vendetta (BD) $4.95
Wyatt Earp (BD) $4.95
300 (BD) $4.95
Searchers, The (BD) $4.95

Sweet... Got charged today after confirming yesterday that it was ready to ship... Although the charge is less than the original amount... Everything better be in the package

What a fucking nightmare... Called CS about the fact I was charged less than my original total... They didn't have Casablanca listed on my order... I've been calling every few weeks, and told everything was recieved, then with the delay was told PE was what was holding up the order. I was kindly offered the title when it arrives at 9.95 plus shipping. I protested as I have the email from where I ordered it at 4.95. Then I'm offered it at 4.95 plus shipping. She said something about when orders were split, shipping is charged twice... I was told the day before that my order was ready, no mention of a split order. I agreed to pay $95 for 12 upgraded titles and when I call them on thier mistake they act rude, and that as a courtesy they can change the price on Casablanca. I finally got the shipping waived on Casablanca, and got an order confirmation number. Of course they don't know when it will be shipped, and I was told this movie hasn't been in stock since this promotion started. Another thing, she mentioned there being a note on 5-29 to add this movie to my order, I'd never mentioned Casablanca in any previous calls to them

I'm just warning all CAGs to keep an eye out for suspicious charges etc when dealing with these people. They didn't have to run this promotion, and I appreciate it... But the way it's been handled has been horrible

[quote name='dburger']I got a postcard saying they have been unable to process it, and that I should call to get an estimate for the ship date or to cancel. So I called and they told me to disregard the post card because Planet Earth is now in stock and my order will be shipped out tomorrow morning. Good news guys!!

edit: It looks like there's a matching charge on my card as well.[/QUOTE]

This. :D

[quote name='zman73']My order minus the still out of stock Casablanca should be delivered this afternoon[/QUOTE]

Ditto. My blus are in the truck, just waiting for the package to arrive.

Edit: They just arrived, oh joy! All factory sealed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received an email that they have my cover art, so now the waiting on the order begins. Took a few days from shipment for them to receive it and acknowledge it.

So, the most recent orders they processed were everything but Casablanca? Guess I'll get two shipments then.

[quote name='Okatha']Damn! I knew I should have jumped on this earlier. Planet Earth is no longer on their list.[/QUOTE]

It was gone within the first week.

when you guys contacted them about casablanca, did they say when it would be back in stock, if at all? Are they willing to split the shipment for free? or are they charging extra?

Regarding Casablanca, they told me two weeks and I called on the 18th. I'll probably try to call again on the 2nd or 3rd to check on the status if they haven't shipped by that point.

This was great. I placed the order on 6/22. Harry Potter collection, Matrix Collection, 300 , and Batman Begins. They got the cover art on 6/26 and I should have them tomorrow. Very happy and glad to have caught this post!

I'm sad. I never saw this thread before now. I only have 9 HD DVDs. 5 are WB. Casablanca is no longer on their list. I bought an HD DVD player when it was on sale and I thought I was also going to buy a 360 soon. Then I decided against getting a 360. So it turned out being a bad deal for me. Then HD went bye bye a couple of months later. It became a terrible deal on my behalf because I could no longer sell my player. I have never even watched any of my movies.

Anyway, I really wish I could get a Casablanca BD. I guess I should be happy I still can get the other 4...

wtf? Casablanca is gone now too?

Well fuck this program. I'll wait this shit out now until closer til December when the demand dies down and hopefully Planet Earth and/or Casablanca get re-added

My order is shipping as of yesterday: Batman Begins, Departed, Matrix Collection, Happy Feet, HP:OOP, V for Vendetta. Took about a week for my covers to get there (email confirmation rec'd), few days for processing and shipping today. So far, just about 2 weeks time.

I called to check on my order, and everything on the order was in-stock, save Casablanca and Justice League, which they said should show up back in-stock in 1-2 weeks. If I wanted my other movies quicker, they said they could split off Justice League and Casablanca into another order and not charge shipping for the other order. I decided I'm going to wait it out the next couple of weeks and see what happens.

They received my covers a few days ago, so it's in process for everything else save those two movies.

What the fuck? Now JL New Frontier is back ordered too? :wall:

I got the dreaded backorder postcard yesterday, and I called the CS # this morning.

The CS rep told me only Casablanca is holding my order back. Hopefully they have a box with my other dozen or so :br:(with JLNF in it) set to the side, waiting for Casablanca.

This is what I had ordered:

Adventures of Robin Hood (BD)
Appleseed Ex Machina (BD)
Blazing Saddles (BD)
Casablanca, Ultimate Collector's Edition (BD)
Constantine (BD)
Goodfellas (BD)
Happy Feet (BD)
Justice League: The New Frontier (BD)
Letters From Iwo Jima (BD)
Michael Clayton (BD)
Smallville: The Complete Sixth Season (BD)
Ultimate Matrix Collection, The (BD)

Off that list, the only things the rep told me were backordered were Casablanca and Justice League. Everything else wasn't backordered.

My original order was back in early May, though I couldn't send in the cover art until about a week and a half ago when I had some of the movies on my order returned back to me from an extended loan to someone else. JL: NF is probably back ordered for that reason.

Am I the only one noticing that every time someone mentions Casablanca they tell them 1-2 weeks? I only say this because Im pretty sure thats whats holding back my order (never called, number is always too busy).

I posted this in the OTT, but my Planet Earth case is kind of messed up. Who knows how long it'll take to get a new one, so I'll just stick with this.

[quote name='tankass']Am I the only one noticing that every time someone mentions Casablanca they tell them 1-2 weeks? I only say this because Im pretty sure thats whats holding back my order (never called, number is always too busy).[/QUOTE]

They keep telling people that to probably make them happy....It's been 1-2 weeks for 1-2 months now ;)

Sent the labels on Saturday, they received it on tuesday and shipped discs (including matrix) today. Looks like I'll get the discs by tuesday. Awesome.

For those not ordering Casablanca, this is a really sweet deal. I think it's going to be worth it in the end for those getting Casablanca too. I just wish they'd been more up front in the beginning.

How much was your guys shipping around? Im bummed that the harrypotter suitcase set is gone... thats what I was going to do :whistle2:/ I have about 60 hddvds but I dont think I need them on bluray.

bread's done
Back