Warner Bros Store - 25% off DVD and Blu-Ray Coupon

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Mine shipped early but when I looked at the tracking it say "rescheduled for delivery" and they held it to deliver by today (street date). Guess the days of getting them before street date are gone.[/QUOTE]

I got my Batman Begins yesterday, but it was the normal edition

Did the coupon *just* die? It looks like some people just ordered last week but now I can't get the coupon to apply to anything.

I got all the stuff I ordered a month ago in good condition and swift fashion but I'd like more. :)

[quote name='Morphine']I just batman gk and begins, and ppl say wb shipping sucks

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='anomynous']Are you ordering 2+ things?[/QUOTE]

I had, yes, but it turns out I just had to clear cache and cookies and it worked. I forgot the browser stuff I had the first time I ordered.

Already got about 12 BRs from this but grabbed a few more:

1 Batman: Gotham Knight (BD) Blu-Ray $18.87

1 Dark City Director's Cut Blu-Ray $16.07

1 Twilight Zone: The Movie (BD) Blu-Ray $16.05

Product Subtotal: $50.99
Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $50.99

Glad this thread popped up again this week.

Just wanted to say thanks for the coupon. Got Batman Begins and Planet Earth for $72. It was quite a deal.

Now if the Warner Bros store didn't suck so much at shipping....

Mine still says "in process"

Plus they are absolutely clueless when you call in. The number on the website is wrong, you get Rhino Home Video's CS. Then, when you DO get them (thanks to the Rhino CS person), they are obviously call center people that have nothing to do with the company, so if you run into a problem, they're like "uhhhhhh?" I ordered a few things with rush delivery, which says 2-3 days, just to try it out for fun. Ordered Monday the 7th, and as of today, all they tell me is "the label is printed." In other words, they have no direct communication with the shipping people. They can't tell me the shipping method, because no one there knew ("How do you guys usually ship rush deliveries? Second day? Overnight?" Answer:"I'm not sure, it just says 3 days here from order!") I hope they plan to overnight it (which I doubt) to make the rush worth it. So far, I'm unimpressed: terrible website, no good tracking until it actually ships, clueless CS. Amazon would have been better for a few bucks more. WB Store may be okay for "fire-and-forget" orders, but woe to you if you run into trouble or dare ask a question.

*sigh* Here we are 12 days later and my order is still "In Process". This is pretty ridiculous. I have contacted customer support via email but have yet to here back from them. Anyone else having shipping woes after ordering with this coupon?

I guess I just care a little less about when random blu-ray movies arrive at my work but they all show up for me within about seven business days and that doesn't seem that bad to me. Hell two or three of the movies I've received still say "In Process" on the website and sent me "Item Shipped" emails days after I had them in my hand. It's obviously their system isn't perfect or even worth looking at once you order. If I wanted faster shipping, I could pay but what's the difference in a week or so when it comes to watching a movie? If you want them that bad, you could always buy them locally and return the unopened one you get from WB right? (I don't know if that's still as unethical as people used to think it was so sorry if I'm opening old wounds.)

[quote name='Katslover']*sigh* Here we are 12 days later and my order is still "In Process". This is pretty ridiculous. I have contacted customer support via email but have yet to here back from them. Anyone else having shipping woes after ordering with this coupon?[/quote]
Yeah, same here. I just canceled my ordered. Awful shop, the five bucks I would have saved is not worth it.
Meanwhile, Amazon shipped out my copies of Batman Begins and Gotham Knight blurays faster than Warner got back to me about canceling.

[quote name='Etcetera']Yeah, same here. I just canceled my ordered. Awful shop, the five bucks I would have saved is not worth it.
Meanwhile, Amazon shipped out my copies of Batman Begins and Gotham Knight blurays faster than Warner got back to me about canceling.[/quote]

I emailed about canceling my order two days ago. Ordering my copy of Batman Begins from Amazon today.

I bought some things yesterday...and it ended up being better than Amazon.

1 Steven Spielberg Presents Freakazoid!: The Complete First Se
DVD
Price $16.07 (Savings $6.88)
ADVANCED ORDER
Estimated Street Date 07-29-2008

1 Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay (BD)(Unrated)
Blu-Ray
Price $18.87 (Savings $8.08)
ADVANCED ORDER

1 Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle (BD) (Unrated) (NL)
Blu-Ray
ADVANCED ORDER

1 Dark City Director's Cut
Blu-Ray
ADVANCED ORDER

1 Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles: The Complete First
Blu-Ray
Price $20.95 (Savings $9.00)
ADVANCED ORDER
Estimated Street Date 08-19-2008

Sub Total:$ 88.03 Tax:$ 4.40
__________ ORDER BALANCE:$ 92.43

Frankly, I've never had a problem with them. I ordered Batman Begins and Gotham Knight on Blu-Ray and got them the day before release.

Is ANWBTS still working or is there a newer coupon. I tried placing an order for :br: Chuck but it says coupon is invalid for my purchase.

EDIT: NVM...I see you have to add atleast 2 items to your cart.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Not sure if the 30% code is dead now...but there's a new 25% off coupon:

AUBM8[/quote]

nice, now I can upgrade to Harry Potter blu ray.. anyone know how the new set is supposed to be packaged? is it just regular cases?

I believe the new HP set is supposed to be normal BD cases.

How does pre-orders work with WHV? Do they charge when you order or when it ships?

Yes. They charge your card when your order ships. Also be aware if you order multiple items and one of them is a current title, they'll charge you for the title instock and the rest of your order will stay on hold until release date or sooner.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Not sure if the 30% code is dead now...but there's a new 25% off coupon:

AUBM8[/QUOTE]
It is dead.

That's how I wanted the Potters boxed in the first place. Damn them. Well at least I have a suitcase.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yes. They charge your card when your order ships. Also be aware if you order multiple items and one of them is a current title, they'll charge you for the title instock and the rest of your order will stay on hold until release date or sooner.[/quote]

Wait, so if I make an order with an in-stock item and a pre-order, the in-stock item won't be shipped until the pre-order item is available too?

[quote name='graf1k']Wait, so if I make an order with an in-stock item and a pre-order, the in-stock item won't be shipped until the pre-order item is available too?[/quote]

No...I must have typed it wrong...sorry I was sleepy.

The instock item would ship and would get charged, while the pre-order item remains in back order status and not charged till it ships.

[quote name='pinoyunggoy']this warner site is so confusing.[/quote]
agreed, i had every intention at looking at what they had to offer until i seen the batman begins trailer like 8 times trying to navigate my way to the blu ray section.

Just to let everyone know, :br: Band of Brothers is up for preorder now.
It's listed as $79.95 which comes to $59.95 with the 25% discount.
Amazon has it for $69.95.
Nov 11 release date.

Wow, they're sending some of the Blu-Rays I ordered super early. Got a ship notice for:

Justice League s1 BR (out 8/19)
Sarah Connor Chronicles BR (out 8/19)
Pale Rider BR (out 8/26)
Torchwood s1 BR (out 9/16)
+ I think they're sending me an extra copy of Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay BR which I already received in an earlier shipment

The crazy one is Torchwood s1 BR - 1-1/2 months early? Hope it's not a screw-up and they're sending the dvd version.

How is Torchwood as a show? When I used to have HDNet I saw previews a couple times and it looked.....weird. Seemed kind of campy.

[quote name='graf1k']How is Torchwood as a show? When I used to have HDNet I saw previews a couple times and it looked.....weird. Seemed kind of campy.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you are definitely right on the ball about the weird part :). I'd have to say that it's a definite YMMV based on personal taste.

In general:
- is a spin-off of the Doctor Who series of one of the re-occurring characters - Capt Jack Harkness (although a general complaint is that the character is a step too serious in Torchwood compared to when he's in Dr. Who) However, you don't needn't to have watched Doctor Who (I haven't yet gotten to the Doctor Who season dvds yet, and as you had mentioned, I had watched Torchwood on HDNet) although I get the feeling I'd get more of the story if I did.
- can be more than a bit melodramatic
- has campy humor
- has the usual lower production values of a UK show (compared to a US sci-fi show), but looks great in hi-def!
- probably has the most man-on-man kissing you'll ever see in a sci-fi show. Almost all of the main characters are bi-sexual and the leader considers himself "omnisexual".
- don't always win or succeed, which means the show doesn't wrap up tidily like you'd see in an episode of Star Trek (not criticizing Star Trek here - just using it as a comparison point)

Overall, I ended up liking it since it's a weird mix for a genre show. Episodes are hit or miss, but I ended up liking the characters/group dynamic.

You can get Batman Begins BR for sub-$15 before tax and shipping with the coupon.

EDIT: never mind i see that you could have gotten it for $14 with the old coupon. meh.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Warner forgot to charge my card for the last order. Idiots.[/quote]
They did the same to me and charged me 4 days after :p

Received an email yesterday with a 15% off "your first order" coupon from warnervideo.com Not sure if that means you just can't use it twice with one account, or if you have to create a new account and use it with your first purchase.

Coupon code: BLUERAY

valid until 8/31/08

Yeah, unfortunately it doesn't stack and the 25% off coupon is better right now although I guess that should be running out soon.

They have the new Speed Racer up for pre-order. I haven't seen it so not sure if it will be good or not. Still debating on what to get along with Chuck S1 :br: :whistle2:k

[quote name='LinkinPrime']They have the new Speed Racer up for pre-order. I haven't seen it so not sure if it will be good or not. Still debating on what to get along with Chuck S1 :br: :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
It will look amazing. But Warner has decided to put a Dolby Digital Track on it only, no TrueHD. That and they are putting the 2+ hour movie on a BD25(with all the bright flashes, there could be macro blocking).

BTW - as a movie it's pretty awesome, almost every critic got it wrong.

[quote name='shadowrage']It will look amazing. But Warner has decided to put a Dolby Digital Track on it only, no TrueHD. That and they are putting the 2+ hour movie on a BD25(with all the bright flashes, there could be macro blocking).

BTW - as a movie it's pretty awesome, almost every critic got it wrong.[/quote]

Actually I would wait on that because apparently when Speed Racer was originally announced, the two other movies announced at the same time (L.A. Confidential and Blow just FYI) were both reported to be BD25 and have Dolby Digital 5.1 just like Speed Racer and then Warner the press release and said that both Blow and L.A. Confidential will be BD50s and Dolby TrueHD so it's possible that they got all three wrong, or maybe they just copy and pasted the info from Speed Racer for the other two, but I've got to imagine that Speed Racer is gonna be a BD50 with TrueHD. I mean, what's the sense of cutting corners on it and then making it a 3-disc set?

Also Linkin, you might consider L.A. Confidential to bring you over the $50 with Chuck S1 if you don't already have it on order. It's a fantastic movie and it looks like this will be a fantastic release. I'm just debating now if I want to preorder the Matrix trilogy as I don't really care about the Animatrix at all and can live without the sequels. Then again, I don't think Warner is going to release them separately anytime soon.

[quote name='shadowrage']BTW - as a movie it's pretty awesome, almost every critic got it wrong.[/quote]

Or...maybe you just liked a bad movie? I like plenty of bad movies.

[quote name='graf1k']Also Linkin, you might consider L.A. Confidential to bring you over the $50 with Chuck S1 if you don't already have it on order. It's a fantastic movie and it looks like this will be a fantastic release.[/quote]

Indeed. Can't wait for this release.

ANWBTS is live again - 30% off you just need two items in your cart, and free shipping on orders greater than $50.
[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Or...maybe you just liked a bad movie? I like plenty of bad movies.
[/QUOTE]
Possibly, but only the really groundbreaking films(with talent behind them) are panned like that by critics when they are released. Yes, I am comparing Speed Racer to Bonnie and Clyde and Star Wars.

Damn it, I wonder if I can't cancel my pre-order for Band of Brothers. An extra 5% off probably works out to another $3 off or so.

Got another email with a coupon for 15% off and Free shipping when you buy two or more Blu-Rays by 9/15/08. I know its still not as good as 30% off but might as well post them.

Code: WBBD

Damn, I bit on this again.

Speed Racer (BD)
L.A Confidential (BD)
Eraser (BD)

54.05 shipped (order was 50.99 before tax..not bad to qualify for the free shipping). thanks, op and shadowrage...big help.

In for:

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (BD)
Dark City (BD)
The Blue Planet: Seas of Life (DVD)

Thanks for the coupon, man!

preoredered smallville season 7 and interview with the vampire

62 shipped after tax. smallville is 55 alone on amazon so decent deal

Did Warner just pull all their HD-DVDs off the site? They were there earlier this evening. Not that I'm looking, it's just odd that they would do it right now.

bread's done
Back