WarnerBros launches Blu-Ray Rewards Program-Restrictions Apply

digitalbabe

CAGiversary!
Hi All,

This is for all you Blu rats out there. Warner Bros is following Sony in offering a rewards program. Starting today, they offer a Buy 5, get 1 free.

Terms can be found at their website warnerblu.com. Of course restrictions apply, but this is good news for those who already buy BD discs.

Enjoy!
Digitalbabe

Interesting...nothing I want right now from them and besides it's a little bit expensive on some of the titles. Thankz for the info.

You're basically saving $5-6 a title, and having to buy from Warner's store means that you end up paying about the same as Amazon's everyday prices. Thanks for the heads-up anyway.

Do you have to buy them from Warner's site? If so, that's a shame.

Found the answer.

Ok, checked it out and it states:
Buy 5 US or Canada "Particapting Titles" at any retail location in the US or Canada to qualify to receive one free Blu-ray disc "Redemption Title"

Not a great list of particatiping titles though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Do you have to buy them from Warner's site? If so, that's a shame.

Found the answer.

Ok, checked it out and it states:
Buy 5 US or Canada "Particapting Titles" at any retail location in the US or Canada to qualify to receive one free Blu-ray disc "Redemption Title"

Not a great list of particatiping titles though.[/quote]

Yeah, I just realized now that I don't have to buy from Warner's site. I signed up for this program just to see what it's all about. Apparently these selected Warner titles come with inserts that have special codes on them. Not bad if you were going to pick up some of these titles anyway.

Strangely, the list of participating titles includes movies that aren't yet out on Blu-ray, some that aren't even out in theaters yet, and some that haven't even started production!

[quote name='rapsodist']Strangely, the list of participating titles includes movies that aren't yet out on Blu-ray, some that aren't even out in theaters yet, and some that haven't even started production![/quote]

Probably because the promotion is good until April 2010.

Hi All,
I am the OP. Like many of you, I thought the same, when I saw some of the odd restrictions. I believe they are using this opportunity to promote some of their upcoming releases at the same time. I was sitting down to dinner and told my girlfriend: What, I can only get 1 free per year (it says 1 per redemption period?)-I think I may buy more than 5 per month, LOL. But in the least it spurs excitement for the format, and sales. As a dual format hi-def movie owner, that's exciting. Perhaps they'll augment the program as they go along-can't be worse than registering Sony's disc through the slow process in the BD live area, LOL:) Enjoy everyone!

P.S. I usually pick up most releases at Columbia House for under $15 during their BOGO's-I wonder if those WB discs will not have an insert-if they do, that's pretty cool. Although it's a hassle to produce several sets of batches of films for different distibution channels, I wonder how much they'll care to restrict this. Fox learned their lesson recently with their 2 versions of releases (rental & sell through), so though WB is the biggest studio in town in terms of releases and sales, it will be interesting to see how they treat Blu going forward.

Have a great night!

Definitely signed up for this. Pretty nice little rewards program, I'm sure I'll end up getting a few freebies since it's a long promotion. Props to Warner for this!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']XB492 gets 25% off WHV...should be good with this promotion.[/QUOTE]

Good to heard 25% code is back :)

I signed up however only would want to buy 5 on the list to buy and not one of them is out yet. Well I should say I want to see 5 of them as most are just hitting theaters or have yet to hit them. Also when I try to log in I can not get any thing for my account to come up. It just tells me to enter more codes later when I can not even get to a screen to enter a code if I even had one.

Also don't entend to get off topic but I am. The Sony program for the same thing how does it work and what movies work for it?

[quote name='sendme']Also don't entend to get off topic but I am. The Sony program for the same thing how does it work and what movies work for it?[/QUOTE]

Any Sony movie that has the BD Enabled logo on the back starting with the Zohan movie I believe.

Gran Torino might be my first point. They took down the list of the other movies that have yet to come out or have yet to hit theaters. I remember their being only 5 that I might pick up so maybe their will be more now that I will end up getting. Only bad thing is isn't it only one free one a year? That is still better then sonys where your points expire.

I wonder why the participating titles list got cut down to 3. When I saw the list, there were about 50 titles. It's not even 3 that are already released. Someone must've made a mistake.

Chances are they decided to take down the ones that have yet to come out and wont be out on BD-DVD for the next 4 months.

I just signed up for this and entered the Hangover in. I tried to test some previous codes from movies I have with digi download and it wont let me enter in more than 1 code a day. I wonder why they did that.

Boo! None of the WB blurays I have right now apply. Of the list that's up right now, I only want three of the movies...and only when they are under $10! (Black Friday sure has spoiled me to BR prices...)

Are the movies on the "participating titles" list really the only ones that apply? I read somewhere that it was any titles with a digital copy code but that must have been wrong.

the daily limit thing does kind of suck...anybody have any problems with the codes?

My Green Lantern blu ray did not work.

Sonuva.

The Hangover worked for me too and also Terminator Salvation. I think it is any WB with digital copy.

Just wanted to bump this to remind CAGs of it. I should be entering my final rewards code this week (you can only enter one a day, BTW) and getting Dark Knight free. The proof of purchase they want is the digital copy code, which many CAGs have sold or traded separate from the movie itself, so participation in the program does not necessarily require purchasing five recent Warner Blu-Rays.

One issue with this is that some of the BDs no longer come with the codes. All but 2 I have had to email and get a code for. I had one that they wont give me a code for. That one is Friday the 13th Killer Cut. It is listed as only Friday the 13th however the release date is for the Killer cut and the art and trailer are both for killer cut.

bread's done
Back