WARNING!!! Do Not Buy From/Trade With CGTX24

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='shrike4242']Good to hear that Paypal ruled in your favor. I didn't expect them to do it differently, as it's usually pretty clear that if the seller hasn't shipped or shown proof that they have shipped, they're going to lose the dispute. If there's money in their account, it'll be very easy, if not, then we'll see where the money comes from.

Oddly enough, I'm surprised the seller hasn't pulled their head out of their backside and said something about it, either via email or via PM. I'm curious if they'll resurface at all.[/QUOTE]

I expected the case to go in my favor, what I didn't expect was for it to happen so fast since they told me they were giving the seller until 3/29 to respond.

My guess is the seller has no money in his/her account since the one and only PM response I got said they didn't ship b/c they had to wait for the money to transfer. I figure they were stalling me so they could get the $$$ out of PP. I guess if they are dumb enough to still have the PP account linked to another source PP can dip into it to pay me the refund.

[quote name='Chitown021']I expected the case to go in my favor, what I didn't expect was for it to happen so fast since they told me they were giving the seller until 3/29 to respond.

My guess is the seller has no money in his/her account since the one and only PM response I got said they didn't ship b/c they had to wait for the money to transfer. I figure they were stalling me so they could get the $$$ out of PP. I guess if they are dumb enough to still have the PP account linked to another source PP can dip into it to pay me the refund.[/quote]Therein lies the issue, if the funding source is still linked to the bank account or credit card.

As I've not been on the receiving end of an issue like this, I honestly don't know what they'd do to get money from someone for a dispute. I guess we'll find out.

From what I know, Paypal doesn't "dip" into their sources to give you a refund. I had a dispute with a seller once and the amount was $700. They could only give me 250 because that was what they had in their account. I even called them to verify and they said the only thing they could do is send letters and stop them from creating another account. Eventually it all got sorted out and I got the rest of the money but still, that's a pretty bad policy.

Well it will be interesting to see what happens. I've never been involved in a PP duspute from either end so I really have no idea how it works. My fear is now that I've won the seller will have cleaned everything out so I can't get my cash back.

Last time I looked it seems like they're saying I'll get my $30 once they finalaize the dispute.

yea i hate paypal. i bought something on ebay a couple of years back for about 20 dollars. The seller never shipped. so i filed a dispute and the case of course ruled in my favor. There was only eight dollars in his account, so thats all i got back. Called paypal twice about the 12 dollars but they gave me some bulls##t excuse, saying that i would get it soon. Never saw that 12 dollars again. They are lucky its only 12 dollars, so it wasn't that big of a deal to me. I hate paypal.
Anyway...I think paypal only uses their funds if its over 100 dollars. They dont care about the same amounts. Soory for the lost OP.

If anyone has this persons address, Ill make the drive and knock on door...done it before for CAG's, no prob doing it again.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']It's weird because when I was searching for a particular user, it appears CGTX24 was scammed once, then does it to Chitown (I remember a few people being scammed by the person from the thread):
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184602[/quote]In this case, it wasn't a scam. CGTX24 was getting worked up over slow shipping, nothing more.

I remember this situation and it did work out in the end.

Hmm, that's strange to see how CGTX24 got worked up over slow shipping before, and CGTX24 ended up doing the same thing to someone else (where it eventually worked out thankfully).

[quote name='Will']If anyone has this persons address, Ill make the drive and knock on door...done it before for CAG's, no prob doing it again.[/QUOTE]

I remember when you went to someone's house for a fellow CAG about a trade gone bad. It was when I first joined CAG, very cool thing to do.

Looks like CGTX24 was banned. I was curious to see if he/she ever signed back on after this whole incident. I'm just glad I was able to get my refund from Paypal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back