Warning! Microsoft Cracking Down on Naughty Gamer Mottos - CheapyD Suspended from XBL

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='CheapyD']A heads-up to those XBL customers who might be pushing the limits with their gamertag mottos...

It appears Microsoft has decided to crack down on naughty gamertag mottos, as I was recently suspended for my "Konichiwa, bitches!" motto, which I've had since before the Xbox 360 launch. They should have banned me for spelling "konnichiwa" wrong.
The suspension seems to last a little over 24 hours.

Zewone also got banned recently for his motto, "called the šhit þoop".

I guess Microsoft has created some kind of script that will automatically check gamer mottos for all kinds of creative variations.

I think the ban is really unnecessary. Since Microsoft changed the mottos anyway, a simple warning email saying your next offence will result in a ban would have sufficed.

cheapydbanned.jpg

cheapydbanned2.png

cheapydbanned2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

meh, it happens. I picked my original gamertag at Zero Hour in front of MS employees and I still got banned and was forced to change it. In fact it has banned me from the Xbox forums till 2345 or something.

People forget how impersonal Microsoft is about these service issues.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']What the hell was your gamertag?[/quote]

must be "MS Sux" or "I Luv Sony"

[quote name='InuFaye']Mine is Gay for Master Chief. Im not gonna change it. I want to be banned.[/QUOTE]

How is that a good idea? You'll get the ban and then the next time it happens maybe it will be worse because you've already been warned. Great idea. :roll:

[quote name='ZForce915']How is that a good idea? You'll get the ban and then the next time it happens maybe it will be worse because you've already been warned. Great idea. :roll:[/quote]

then Inu can sue MS for being homophobic ;) :lol:

[quote name='LiK']then Inu can sue MS for being homophobic ;) :lol:[/quote]

Exactly its a loaded gun they wont touch.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']What the hell was your gamertag?[/QUOTE]

Bukkake-Fighter

Bukkake is only dirty in its slang use ;0
dirty minded microsoft

When I first got my 360, I tried to make my motto "What it is right now" (a reference to the Busta Rhymes chorus 'Busta what it is right now'). But I was unable to use that motto due to inappropriate language. The language in question was the last "T" on the word "what," and the word "it," forming the word "tit". :roll:

So instead I had to use some retarded leet-speakish workaround to get the motto I wanted. Lame! Oh well. At least they had the decency to outright block the motto, instead of allowing me to use it and then banning me for it.

[quote name='Sleepkyng']Cheapy, you should just role with "shaq-fu"[/QUOTE]

damn, I wish I'd thought of that. So many possiblities

fuck the police

fuck M$

I fucked your mom...

Not that it really is a big deal......I actually think its kinda funny.....

A temporary ban for having an offensive word that setoff a screening script.
Whoop de doo.......
as we learned from Apple bricking iPhones ...XBL being an example of user-end software....we only lease it...we don't own it....hence a ToS.

You do have to think about it this way.......Maybe they are actually going to make the Player Feedback system matter......i.e. they start reviewing Filed Complaints and Player Reviews and banning those worst offenders.

(I would love that)

[quote name='crunchb3rry']
fawkMS.jpg

The funny thing is that's not a photoshop except for adding the black bar over my e-mail address. The funnier thing is that's from the Microsoft Passport sight. Disgruntled web team employee?[/quote]

That is classic.

Bravo. :applause:

[quote name='mannysgoldglove']I got the 24 hour ban and had to change both my gamertag and my motto:

Tag was IGotSumBigBalls

Motto was: IKillFakeBitches

So I changed my name back to BigPickleMan (Hope it doesnt get banned)
And I changed my motto to: M$OwesMe800Pts[/quote]

you rule :applause:

I agree a warning 1st would have been nice before a temp ban. Maybe you can change it to Konnichiwa Beaches just say you look forward to go to the beach :)

[quote name='SNAKE EYES EX']I used to have 'Boobglue Rocks'. I wonder if that's offensive?[/quote]

I'm deeply offended. Pistols at dawn!

Would you believe that I couldn't put "Mmm, Root beer" In my motto? And guess what the "Offensive" Word is.

It's "ROOT". Apparently it means "fuck" In New zealand! Now how many people do you see on XBL who are from new zealand? Not many.

hey guys instead of bitches use Bishes:lol:

hesh up bish, fuck ing bish, whatz up my bishes

cheapy try this one.;)

Konnichiwa Bishes:D

Works pretty gooot imo.

Just got a notice to change my gamertag I've had for 4 years or so TEN INCH WANG. Shit, it was fine for 4 years and now it is a problem. I wish I could think of some smart ass one about 360s breaking all the time.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']So what about all that shit in your sig?[/quote]

Pshh...if someone bans my sig or I get a removal notice then I'm not going to whine and complain about it. Thank you CheapyD and you have my full respect and I love the site, but on this one I just think you're wrong. Personally, I wouldn't make such a public (as much as this part of the internet is) spectacle out of it and just let it die down.

[quote name='Slate']Would you believe that I couldn't put "Mmm, Root beer" In my motto? And guess what the "Offensive" Word is.

It's "ROOT". Apparently it means "fuck" In New zealand! Now how many people do you see on XBL who are from new zealand? Not many.[/quote]

I see plenty of Aussies and NZ since I play late at night out here which I think is their afternoon or morning. Add to the fact that there's a ton of CoD3 players from there and that they absolutely love the game. Them and Canadians, French, and Brits.

[quote name='ZForce915']I have to agree here. No time for 26 characters in a motto, but you've got the time to sting together a lot of sig pics?[/quote]

Bleh, again.......all I hear is a bunch of people whining over something ludicrous as a damn sig or motto. Is this the type of shit that is worth fussing over in this world?

I made the sig just out of boredom. It's a bunch of randomly strung together quotes and my Xbox Live and Star Wars thingy since it seemed like everyone had the XBL thing and that the Star Wars thing was pointless.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Pshh...if someone bans my sig or I get a removal notice then I'm not going to whine and complain about it. Thank you CheapyD and you have my full respect and I love the site, but on this one I just think you're wrong. Personally, I wouldn't make such a public (as much as this part of the internet is) spectacle out of it and just let it die down.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I'd love to see the ages of all the people bitching about this. OMG I can't have Balls in my motto, fuck MS! :rofl: Grow up a tad and use something reasonable in the first place.

Personally I have no issues with the motto's as I never see or check them out. Call me an ass or whatever you want, but I will report someone with an offensive Gamertag. Something along the lines of BigFatN* is terrible and adds nothing to the community. By the same token BigFatPickle is just juvenile and hardly offensive.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Thank you CheapyD and you have my full respect and I love the site, but on this one I just think you're wrong. Personally, I wouldn't make such a public (as much as this part of the internet is) spectacle out of it and just let it die down.[/quote]
Yeah, why would I want to try and help our community members avoid a potential XBL suspension? Suggesting that a warning was sufficient and a ban was unnecessary is pretty outragous too. I hate it when I'm wrong.:dunce:

[quote name='CheapyD']Yeah, why would I want to try and help our community members avoid a potential XBL suspension? Suggesting that a warning was sufficient and a ban was unnecessary is pretty outragous too. I hate it when I'm wrong.:dunce:[/quote]

You BASTARD!!! :bomb:

:lol:

[quote name='georox']I have a strong urge to make profane photos of feces using my Vision camera and attaching them to my Gamertag.[/quote]

Sounds great, but pics you take and make your gamerpic can only be seen by people on your friends list.

[quote name='Puffa469']Sounds great, but pics you take and make your gamerpic can only be seen by people on your friends list.[/quote]

start adding strangers!!

no, but seriously, cheapyd, thanks for the heads up. i mean, i understand m$'s need to censor (and thus, avoid and liability if parents saw kids seeing obscene words and such), but a better solution would be to privitize more of the gamertag info at the gamer's perspective. just a thought...

[quote name='CheapyD']Yeah, why would I want to try and help our community members avoid a potential XBL suspension? Suggesting that a warning was sufficient and a ban was unnecessary is pretty outragous too. I hate it when I'm wrong.:dunce:[/quote]

I see CheapyD walks in the steps of ol' TR. Walk softly and all that :twisted:

If you wanted to sound the alarms, then why make a whole thread out of it. The site is a semi-blog so why not update the first page with the info and content. Strap on a digg meter and let the thing go crazy all over the internet.

And in reality, Microsoft was actually very lenient with the case. Most people should know that placing profanity in their profile is against the rules...any type of profanity no matter how insignificant it may seem to you. People try to bend, stretch, contort, and try to find any wiggle room in the rules to seem smart, but they just ought naught to. A 1-day ban is essentially Microsoft's way of giving you a slap on the wrist and letting you on your way. If you can't take the ramifications for having something wrong in your motto, then perhaps you should leave it alone. Basically MS let you off on a misdemeanor...pay the quick fine, don't do the offense again, and be on your way. Again, this isn't much of a warning as much to tell people to stop trying to test the system.

Since when is 'Bitches' as in 'Konnichiwa Bitches' a profanity? I routinely hear the word 'bitch' on television and on the radio. Go watch the Dog Show on USA network and hear the word 'Bitch' 75 times an hour. Its a very subjective judement call on M$'s part. Whats next, can I have 'sofaking' or 'Ahh-soo' or ' Fah Q' in my motto? Where does it end?

According to Television censors, and George Carlin, the 7 dirty words are: Shit, Piss, fuck, Cunt, CockSucker, Motherfucker, and Tits

asshole isnt even in there, which is why I hear that word on Adult Swim nightly.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']If you wanted to sound the alarms, then why make a whole thread out of it. The site is a semi-blog so why not update the first page with the info and content. Strap on a digg meter and let the thing go crazy all over the internet.

And in reality, Microsoft was actually very lenient with the case. Most people should know that placing profanity in their profile is against the rules...any type of profanity no matter how insignificant it may seem to you. People try to bend, stretch, contort, and try to find any wiggle room in the rules to seem smart, but they just ought naught to. A 1-day ban is essentially Microsoft's way of giving you a slap on the wrist and letting you on your way. If you can't take the ramifications for having something wrong in your motto, then perhaps you should leave it alone. Basically MS let you off on a misdemeanor...pay the quick fine, don't do the offense again, and be on your way. Again, this isn't much of a warning as much to tell people to stop trying to test the system.[/quote]

[quote name='Puffa469']Since when is 'Bitches' as in 'Konnichiwa Bitches' a profanity? I routinely hear the word 'bitch' on television and on the radio. Go watch the Dog Show on USA network and hear the word 'Bitch' 75 times an hour. Its a very subjective judement call on M$'s part. Whats next, can I have 'sofaking' or 'Ahh-soo' or ' Fah Q' in my motto? Where does it end?[/quote]

I'm sorry that the media today has desensitized you, but yes, bitch is technically regarded as profanity.:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

[quote name='Puffa469']According to Television censors, and George Carlin, the 7 dirty words are: Shit, Piss, fuck, Cunt, CockSucker, Motherfucker, and Tits

asshole isnt even in there, which is why I hear that word on Adult Swim nightly.[/quote]

You can hear asshole late night for the same reason that South Park the moie, and other shows/movies, can be shown uncensored and uncut at such an hour.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I'm sorry that the media today has desensitized you, but yes, bitch is technically regarded as profanity.:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:[/quote]

A bitch is a female dog.

A cock is a male chicken.

Dick is a shortened version of the name Richard.

What are you, a born again christian? :roll:

And one rolleyes will suffice nicely thank you.

Just changed my motto to: bro's be4 ho's...

Just to see if they gonna ban me too.

I'll keep you posted.

Damn. A ban is pretty harsh and just unnecassary.

A warning should have been the way to go. It's wierd how they ban for this but I see gamertags with "White Power" or "KKK" or similar variations on Live pretty frequently . In my opion those are people who deserve bans. Not people who take funny phrases form movies or other forms of media in as there Motto.

By the way, I'm diggin the Cagcasts. I'm fairly new here. Started listening a little before you gutys won the award for best Podcast.

There prety good man, and I'm still listening.

[quote name='Puffa469']
According to Television censors, and George Carlin, the 7 dirty words are: Shit, Piss, fuck, Cunt, CockSucker, Motherfucker, and Tits[/QUOTE]

Going to go see him live tomorrow. Should be great.

my present one is "Tears make great lube" hasn't been banned. My last one of "lick my balls" also went uncontested. hmmm

and on an similar note. I can have Deadpool as my GT but not in my motto. Odd me thinks. Deadpool is a banned motto word.

[quote name='Zoglog']Bukkake-Fighter

Bukkake is only dirty in its slang use ;0
dirty minded microsoft[/quote]

i have a friend with the tag bukkake monster. he hasnt had to change it yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back