WARNING: SF scam going on, read!

kathos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just warning my fellow CAGs out there, Street Fighters are unknowingly being sold with blank discs inside recently.

Apparently scammers are buying the game, taking the game, and reshrink wrapping it ('cause Capcom did such a shitty job on it) and returning it for a refund. This is easily done because whoever did the packaging for Capcom didn't wrap it with a box-wrapper (which gives it the nice look) so it's easy to fraud.

Just got one of 'em in today (noticed the box was too light), the fat scammer was pleading not to call the cops and begging me not to seperate him from his daughter and how he'd never do this or whatever.

This happened to a few stores I've been calling around.

Just make sure to open the game in-store to save youreself the trouble if you're buying for yourself.

i would have called the cops on the fat bottomed dick in a second. but thats only me.

how'd you open it?
did you risk getting stuck with the game if there was the real disk in there?

[quote name='heimdal']Was this the same guy who tried buying half the RE5s?

Sounds like you had an eventful day with fat dumbasses. LOL[/quote]

The RE guy was just a man-boob guy, skinny-fat (if that makes any sense).

Yeah this saturday was particularly bad, I had two other ladies with equally retarded problems as well. It was actually really quiet the past lil' while.

Saturday just seems to bring out the worst in people.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']i would have called the cops on the fat bottomed dick in a second. but thats only me.

how'd you open it?
did you risk getting stuck with the game if there was the real disk in there?[/quote]

We did.

And there's a re-shrink wrapper in the store, for this very reason. We open ALL games that get returned.

[quote name='kathos']...and how he'd never do this or whatever.[/quote]

But he just did it, and probably would have done it again if he hadn't been caught.

What happened afterward? What happened afterward?

I read an article on a guy that got busted for this last year.
He made a killing on reshrinkwrapping the games and selling them 'without a case' on ebay.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']yes saying things twice always works :p what happend to him?[/quote]

Sadly this kind of retail fraud usually gets a slap on the wrist if they're first time offenders and noticing how brainless most CSRs are, they rarely get caught so this was probly his first time getting caught 'cause he was calling someone and yelling and he was all red while I stood there guarding the door and the other guy was calling security+cops.

He got walked away with security, probably nothing happened to him, that's the way it is with these scumbags sadly they never really get caught, that's the way things work.

Best part though? While he was pleading he tried to push me out and take the games and run but he was a short fat guy, completely stopped him in his tracks XD.

Sad...what an idiot!

Why would he say he did it???

I would have went ape shit on you guys and said that you sold me an empty case...

EB has done that to me three times now...

[quote name='gamer602']Also, your sig says your a EB SLAVER DRIVER..did you quit Future shop?

How long have you worked at EB GAMES?[/quote]

I quit FS a while back, due to... well, I'll be making a blog post about it, just for kicks and teach you guys how to deal with FS ;).

I'm at EB now, but I'm not a regular dreg is all I can say.

But yeah, I gotta pay for university and FS is just way too crooked to keep working for, at some point your moral compass just makes you find another way.

I was gonna slowly draw it out, and thinking of a good way without making a big lame post about it, so I just threw it on my sig.

^Eb is not crooked???
Course you open games.. get it now!

YOU must atleast be an ASM or a SM....

You cant get it cheaper with you 15% DISCOUNT???

[quote name='gamer602']^Eb is not crooked???
Course you open games.. get it now!

YOU must atleast be an ASM or a SM....

You cant get it cheaper with you 15% DISCOUNT???[/quote]

EB's a lot more honest than FS. Anyway I'll go around on this later.

If it was me I would call the cops on this fat guy talking about his daughter and making you feel sorry for him.

I returned Splinter Cell Double Agent before(I no scammer, real game inside). Bought the game at EB. Best Buy was nearby and they were selling it with free Xbox Live Gold membership. When I was returning the game, the guy at EB didn't trust me. He cut the wrapper with knife and checked to see if the game was in the box.

That's only for the games that gets shrinkwrapped in thin food plastic-like wrap, the one that melts the plastic together which is the kind that some 3rd parties use if they want to cheap out (RE5 uses this kind of wrapping as well).

If a new game uses the folded/pack of smokes kind of shrinkwrap, there's nothing to worry about.

[quote name='poiuiu']That's only for the games that gets shrinkwrapped in thin food plastic-like wrap, the one that melts the plastic together which is the kind that some 3rd parties use if they want to cheap out (RE5 uses this kind of wrapping as well).

If a new game uses the folded/pack of smokes kind of shrinkwrap, there's nothing to worry about.[/quote]

Retailers can do that folded/pack of smokes kind of shrinkwrap too. For example, if I work at lets say, ABC Games. I take the disc out and replace it with a fake and then rewrap it and bring it to EBGAMES and return it.

Goddammit; you just have to ruin EVERYTHING doncha?

Well, hopefully that won't be the case since it's such a pain in the ass to make all the folds neat and shit.

[quote name='poiuiu']That's only for the games that gets shrinkwrapped in thin food plastic-like wrap, the one that melts the plastic together which is the kind that some 3rd parties use if they want to cheap out (RE5 uses this kind of wrapping as well).

If a new game uses the folded/pack of smokes kind of shrinkwrap, there's nothing to worry about.[/quote]
I recall SF4 having that cheapo stretchy wrap with kinda melted seams, but the RE5 I got had the normal smooth wrap that every other game has, with the folded corners and stuff.

Wow... I should check my games more carefully before buying them... I usually just take the last game in the pile on the shelves though...

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I recall SF4 having that cheapo stretchy wrap with kinda melted seams, but the RE5 I got had the normal smooth wrap that every other game has, with the folded corners and stuff.[/quote]

The two copies I got at launch day, one for each console, were the cheap plastic wrap; so I guess YMMV.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Don't 360 games have a security seal?[/quote]

Those can be easily removed and reapplied; I've been doing that since the PSX era.

Those are two different kinds, the cheapo wrapping (with the melting like SF4 has) and the really neat smoke pack wrapping called box wrapping, that stuff is harder to replicate 'cause the machines for it are harder to get your hands on, but still a good number of scams do this too.

bread's done
Back