Warning to Everyone Camping out that Hasn't Left!

el bobo

CAGiversary!
This is very important, if anyone was considering camping out at Wal-Mart my friend went there after school (3:10) and there were already 40 people in line, even though there are only 24 premium consoles that are going to be delievered. This is just a heads up so you guys can call your wal-mart to make sure you can still get a spot!!!
Good luck to you all!
*Note this is a wal-mart in western PA, so it could be really bad in your area!*
El Bobo

There were none at Target where i'm going..

Bestbuy had 8 people at 11am.

I wonder how many people know that this Bestbuy is forcing them to buy a bundle? They will be in for a rude awakening when they have to spend 700+ dollars.

Best buy isnt forcing a bundle. I just talked to them in person and was told by the manager of the media department there is no bundle. At least not here in PA.

I stop by the walmart I am planning to hit tonight during my lunch break around 1pm just to see if anything was happenng and there were already 4 people there.

Both Walmarts I went to around 1 pm already had more people in line then they had premiums. They were also doing First Come, First Serve so no luck there. Another one was doing a lottery, so I may try to hit that one tonight.

I plan to drive by Worst Buy and Walmart around midnight for a good laugh.

POS system launch; no games worth mentioning.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']If there is a bundle for Best Buy B&M, what is it?[/QUOTE]

It varies from store to store. Some may sell bundles, some may not. I know a bestbuy near me that sells every in-demand piece of electronics in a bundle (the new ipod video, psp, 360, etc.). Needless to say, I don't shop at that one. You may want to call ahead and verify for sure.

Ouch, only 10 Premium and 10 Core Xbox 360's at the Target in San Diego (Mira Mesa), there is already one guy sitting outside the bench since 6:45 this morning, I HAVE to grab one of the last 9.

Jesus, that's insane! Well, my plans have changed. As soon as I can get a ride into town, I'll recon Wal-Mart and Best Buy. Crap, I hope I will be able to get one. Now I'm starting to worry!

[quote name='Chris in Cali']No one at Walmart in Oxnard, CA. It's dead as fuck, I'm not waiting in line for shit. I'm not going to feed into the ridiculous frenzy and hype.[/QUOTE]
That's crazy, I just took my daily four mile run and I saw two stores in the plaza I run by had pretty large lines even though they don't open till 9 in the morning.

[quote name='menikmati']Ouch, only 10 Premium and 10 Core Xbox 360's at the Target in San Diego (Mira Mesa), there is already one guy sitting outside the bench since 6:45 this morning, I HAVE to grab one of the last 9.[/QUOTE]

I hope that fellow knows that Target isn't selling them until 8 on Tuesday and they aren't passing out vouchers until 6. It would be nice of you to make this person aware of the situation.

LOL and i gotta go out in this madness! I'm gonna go try at like 730 or 8 at a couple stores and if no go come home an d will go to target or Best Buy overnight and wait it out.

In Vegas a few Walmarts had people at them but not a massive line. The one near me had nobody so I probably won't head down there until about 8 or 9 to see whats up.

Jake called at 440pm EST, him and his old man were there at 4pm and they were numbers 18 and 19 and in the span of 20 minutes another 20 people showed up.

I called my Super Walmart, already got 50 people and only 48 systems.

I called another Walmart 35 minutes away that's doing midnight and the lady said there was a bunch of people there already and in the past 50 minutes she had been on the phone non-stop for the past hour feilding questions.

My plan is to get out in line soon(it's 515pm EST,with in the next hour, nigga gotta eat) at a store that opens at 6am EST.

My store only got 2 premium and 4 core systems. I just called up there and there is already two people waiting in line. So I'm just not going to get one now. The core is too shitty for me to even consider buying.

I went to my local Meijer and just wanted to see if there was a line. If there was no line I was going to head back around 11pm and pick one up. I went back to where the game section is and already 15 people in line. Too bad this store only has 8 total systems....hahaha!

I was going to tell them, but they would probably not believe me.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']There isn't ANYBODY camped out at our stores yet. Strange...[/QUOTE]
That's really weird, I was hoping no one would be a gamer around here since there were so many little kids. Guess not...

I just passed by a bestbuy in burbank and I saw about 15-20 people in it. I don't think they open until tomorrow morning. freakin madness.

[quote name='skinsfan56la']I hope no one's camping over here. ITS FREAKING RAINING!!!!! Not only that its 45 degrees.[/QUOTE]
Well it's 45 right now but there is 10 mph wind. It's supposed to go down to 39 tonight with 30 mph wind and rain. Wow I'll wait an extra week for the second shipment to come in thank you!

Large line at a midnight Worst Buy. The first dozen or so people all had tents and must have camped out all last night.

I wonder how many of those idiots hadn't considered just waiting a few damn weeks for supply to match demand (or even until after xmas) and jsut playing their "Formerly Hot Item" PS2's and Xboxes a little bit more until then...??

2 of the hot 3 releases are available for the PC and PGR3 looks pretty but...its just another racing game. Lets face it, as much as 360 looks hot, its not like we haven' tplayed all these games before...

If I knew I was going to sit outside for 8+ hours and *MAYBE* get a system, but maybe not?? F-that...I'd have just dropped the $700 on a bundle and been done with it, have it delivered to my house.

I was going to drive by BestBuy tomorrow at like 7:30 before work to go score a system but I have a feeling there are going to be far too many fanboys camping out ahead of me, and frankly.....I can wait a few weeks.

Im at borders right now and the best is right next to me. when i was driving through to get here i saw tents ,people building tents, and more tents. If anyone in Bridgewater NJ and is looking to get one...maybe BB may not be the choice.

Well i'm back from my little escapade and no one has started a line yet. Its too wet and cold which i knew no one was going to do it until lets say 9. Oh yeah good news for me as i got back they're was a message left on the telephone. EBgames left me a message telling me to pick up my 360 at 7AM. I was in shock and still am. Last week i pulled all the money from that preorder and well thought had no chance of picking one up. I called them up and they told me that the 2 people prior to me on the list gave false names and numbers and even they i didn't have any money on the preorder anymore they told me i was fine. So now i'm bumped up to tomorrow's shipment. I feel so alive right now and i won't have to worry about staying up al night in the shitty weather.

Is it necessory to buy a system at launch, why not just wait until everything calms down and buy a system then, it's not like microsoft is going to stop making them anytime soon.

[quote name='HeadRusch']frankly.....I can wait a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

Good for you. I can't. I'll have my 360 tonight or tomorrow morning, regardless of how long I have to wait in line.

I'd love to go to those people after they walk out of their Best Buy with $800 worht of games and accessories, and ask them "So if you were going to drop $800 bucks anwyays, why didn't you just preorder and have it delivered to your HOUSE!?"....

[quote name='FatBat']Is it necessory to buy a system at launch, why not just wait until everything calms down and buy a system then, it's not like microsoft is going to stop making them anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is. I love having bragging rights and tomorrow when i go to ebgames i'm going to go after that asshole who laughed when the clerk who almost shattered my dreams said i was on the 2nd shipment.

As of 130pm:

Murfreesboro Wal-Mart near the mall: 50 people in line, 45 systems in stock
Murfreesboro Wal-Mart near campus: 40 people in line, 25 consoles
Rhino: 6 systems available (I think 5:1 premium/core) at opening tomorrow, employees not allowed to buy one, people are apparently starting a line around 5am

As of 345pm:

Smyrna Wal-Mart: 40 in line, under 40 consoles
Smyrna K-Mart: Nobody in line, none in stock and none on the way

Apparently the Best Buy in Antioch has had a line since Friday afternoon.

[quote name='RawisJericho']WTF, those people are insane.[/QUOTE]

You also have to figure Antioch has a population of what, 60 thousand at most? There's probably only one Best Buy there, maybe two.

If you live in a bigger city with 10 + Walmarts and 5 Best Buys you probably won't have as much of an issue.

Just called around and EVERY 24 hour walmart and meijers has more people in line than systems available.

All the Gamerushes in the area got cut back from 10 to 5 the manager said when he FINALLY let me get my games today.

I'm playing CoD2 right now, single player is great!! :D

[quote name='mmn']You also have to figure Antioch has a population of what, 60 thousand at most? There's probably only one Best Buy there, maybe two.

If you live in a bigger city with 10 + Walmarts and 5 Best Buys you probably won't have as much of an issue.[/QUOTE]

Antioch, TN? Uhh.. sixty thousand? Uhhh..

praise jeebus for having 5 best buys all within 10-20 miles of each other. still, i'm going there at about 4AM and waiting in my car if there's no line.

There are peeps standing in line in the rain in Jersey, ugh. After the PS2 launch, I now preorder. Not gonna do the line, drive, find nothing at launch again.

[quote name='mmn']You also have to figure Antioch has a population of what, 60 thousand at most? There's probably only one Best Buy there, maybe two.

If you live in a bigger city with 10 + Walmarts and 5 Best Buys you probably won't have as much of an issue.[/QUOTE]

Instead of camping out for three nights in a row, why not drive to some smaller town and just get a 360 from there?

Even the Sams club's are filling up. Just got back from Sams & there were 8 ppl waiting on line already, they are getting 24 systems, so if i camp out now i could get one, but i really dont feel like sitting out in the cold for 11 hours. Ill go by around 4-5am and see how many ppl are there.

[quote name='RawisJericho']Instead of camping out for three nights in a row, why not drive to some smaller town and just get a 360 from there?[/QUOTE]

Not that easy for some of us, champ.

I live in Vegas. The closest "small town" to me that actually had a Best Buy and a Walmart would be 3-4 hours away.

bread's done
Back