Warning to those looking forward to the new film "The Wild"

I AM WILLIAM H. MACY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
For the first time in its history, Disney will NOT, I repeat, will NOT be screening an animated feature for critics. As you know, they've screened even live action $#!% like "Meet the Deedles." I've been going to all-medias for Disney animated films for over ten years. This has never happened before.

Just a warning. That does in fact mean that the film is fucking horrible, so I'd avoid it.

I have ranted before on how bad I thought Chicken Little was. Seriously, its a good thing that Disney is letting the guys at Pixar take over.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']How bad are we talking here? Is that fucking $$$$$$ william h macy lending his voice to the movie?[/QUOTE]

Thankfully it wasn't brought to that level of suckdom.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']How bad are we talking here? Is that fucking $$$$$$ william h macy lending his voice to the movie?[/QUOTE]
Worse...we're talking James Belushi here.

James motherfucking Belushi.

It's bad.

What did you expect for a Madagascar ripoff. It will still make tons of money since little kids are the main audience for this crap.

WTF??? Not Jack!!!

The Wild
Release Date: April 14, 2006
Run Time: 1 hr. 34 min.
Rating: G
Cast: Eddie Izzard, Kiefer Sutherland
Director: Steve ``Spaz'' Williams
Genre: Animated, Comedy, Family
Synopsis: In this wild and outrageous computer-animated comedy-adventure, an odd assortment of animals from the New York Zoo – including a lion, a giraffe, an anaconda, a koala, and a squirrel – discover what a jungle the city can be when one of their own is mistakenly shipped to the wild and they embark on a dangerous mission to rescue him. The film boasts an impressive vocal ensemble – Keifer Sutherland, Greg Cipes, Jim Belushi, Janeane Garofalo, Richard Kind, William Shatner, and Eddie Izzard – along with cutting edge animation, and a story filled with hilarious situations.

Fortunately/unfortunately, this is like Vailiant in the sense that its put out by Disney, but isnt actually Disney. Why they want to put thier name on this dreck I dont know why.

Oh, and why dont you put a link to what your Quoting?

That being said, the entire article is about a brown nosing movie reviewer. Note how there have been no screenings for this film, but there are already review quotes in the commercials...tricky bastards. At least this guy exists unlike the person Sony made up.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']That being said, the entire article is about a brown nosing movie reviewer. Note how there have been no screenings for this film, but there are already review quotes in the commercials...tricky bastards. At least this guy exists unlike the person Sony made up.[/quote]

I think one of the best things about the old show The Critic is that the series pointed out a huge amount of Hollywood foibles that supposedly pissed a lot of people off, especially the whole thing about reviewers being paid off by studios simply to give movies fantastic reviews without even watching the movie.

That and Macy is right. The second a studio avoids screening a movie they are immediately afraid of the critic backlash to begin with. I don't know who they are fooling any longer. The second a movie is released and I see "Not Available For Review" in my local papers it's the gigantic red flag going "SAVE YOUR MONEY! SEE SOMETHING BETTER!!"

It's also really bad when people respond to your first TV ads with "Madagascar 2 is out already?" Bad move. Bad move.

Wait, Eddie Izzard does a voice for the movie?

Wow... Looks like Disney is getting a little more liberal considering they hired a cross-dressing comedian to do the voice of a main character in one of their movies.

With the exception that this movie was started before Madagascar, and madagascar is actually the clone. It does look like it's going to suck.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Worse...we're talking James Belushi here.

James motherfucking Belushi.

It's bad.[/quote]

What kind of imposter are you?!? Defend your idol!!! Unless, of course, your account is just a mockery of William H Macy, which I suddenly think it is...

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']this just seemed like a rip off of the Dreamworks movie Madagascar[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what I thought this movie was too. I've never seen either film but what I gather from commercials it's a gang of animals from the jungle loose in new york. Seems to be the exact same plot for both movies. I'm surprised dreamworks doesn't sue disney over it.

And yet, my 5 year old will still beg me to take him. I sat through Ice Age 2 for him this last weekend. Couldn't make myself see Curious George, as I was afraid of having my childhood memories shattered with unnecessary icky film behavior. I'm just waiting for Cars to come out, as I hear it's pretty good.

[quote name='browneyedgal68']And yet, my 5 year old will still beg me to take him. I sat through Ice Age 2 for him this last weekend. Couldn't make myself see Curious George, as I was afraid of having my childhood memories shattered with unnecessary icky film behavior. I'm just waiting for Cars to come out, as I hear it's pretty good.[/QUOTE]

Curious George was pretty good , actually.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Why are you people watching G rated cartoons to begin with. Of course you think they suck, they are made to entertain little kids with ADD.[/quote]

Are the PG ones ok you pompus prick?

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Why are you people watching G rated cartoons to begin with. Of course you think they suck, they are made to entertain little kids with ADD.[/quote]

Have you ever thought that some of us actually have kids? And there are quite a few G-rated movies that are very damn good, I might add.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Why are you people watching G rated cartoons to begin with. Of course you think they suck, they are made to entertain little kids with ADD.[/QUOTE]

And yet they can't get your attention as an adult with the mind of a child?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']And yet they can't get your attention as an adult with the mind of a child?[/quote]Ha, I guess not. I guess i'm just not as amazed with computer animated, animal based caper movies as you guys are.

For more information on Disney's fall from grace, I reccomend the book Disney War. This movie is going to be a piece of shit for sure.

IMHO, The last great animated Disney Film was The Lion King and the last good animated Disney film was Emperor's New Groove. Every else since has just been passably average, or sub-par.

After seeing how dismal Doogal did, even with the kid dragging parent to movies factor, I think the smart child will avoid The Wild altogether and head for Ice Age 2 if they havent already seen it. Also, even though its not readily apparent, there is a Madagascar likeness to it and that movie didnt have much of a following either.

[quote name='Danro']...is a Madagascar likeness to it and that movie didnt have much of a following either.[/quote]
Not much of a long term following perhaps, but it did make $193.5 million box office in the US and almost $335 million in foreign markets, so many people went to see it.

How can I look forward to something I've never even heard of?

Keep the 3D to Pixar, Disney... Stick with original cell animations.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Disney needs to revive 2d.[/quote]
I thought I had heard that Pixar was going to try it's hand at a 2D animated feature which would be rather funny if Pixar ended up reviving 2D animation.

[quote name='guardian_owl']I thought I had heard that Pixar was going to try it's hand at a 2D animated feature which would be rather funny if Pixar ended up reviving 2D animation.[/quote]

That would be pretty cool.

Also, everyone, lets not forget that a majority of the pixar films were, written, boarded and designed by disney long before they ever outsourced it to a company that was innovating 3D technology at the time. If you think that disney has to pay pixar everytime they use buzz lightyear you're sadly mistaken.

But Disney has its faults as well, but 3d is starting to loose its appeal, and I feel that 2d animation will make a comeback. It will be a long, long time until 3d has the fluidity and organic feel of 2d. But maybe I'm just biased.

:D

[quote name='guardian_owl']Not much of a long term following perhaps, but it did make $193.5 million box office in the US and almost $335 million in foreign markets, so many people went to see it.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I meant, you wont see kids clamoring over Alex the Lion or Melman the giraffe toys anytime soon. Even still, you cant count it out simply because its animation.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Also, everyone, lets not forget that a majority of the pixar films were, written, boarded and designed by disney long before they ever outsourced it to a company that was innovating 3D technology at the time.
[/quote]
WTF are you talking about. Every movie Pixar has made was created AT/IN Pixar studios. Disney had the ability to add notes and help fix things, which they did on the first Toy Story. The rights to the characters where part of the contract Pixar signed when they got thier multi-picture deal.

[quote name='chuckelZ']For more information on Disney's fall from grace, I reccomend the book Disney War. This movie is going to be a piece of shit for sure.[/quote] Great book. Lots of behind the scenes info leading right into the outing of Eisner

[quote name='BasketCase1080']honestly I doubt this will be as bad as you say... its a disney moie its gotta be somewhat decent.[/QUOTE]

You must have missed Home on the Range. What a terrible epitaph for Disney's traditional animation. :nottalking:

[quote name='TimPV3']Atleast Over the Hedge looks decent.[/quote]

I was fortunate enough to attend an advance screening of this, and I can say that it is really good. Extremely funny and cute, unlike Madagascar. Recommended.

[quote name='skygunnerblue']I was fortunate enough to attend an advance screening of this, and I can say that it is really good. Extremely funny and cute, unlike Madagascar. Recommended.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I really liked Madagascar! :(

Glad to hear Over the Hedge is good, though.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Hey, I really liked Madagascar! :(

Glad to hear Over the Hedge is good, though.[/quote]

I was a little bored with it, outside of the penguin antics. Hey, just one man's opinion though. However, if you really liked it, then I can say with confidence that you will like Over the Hedge.

[quote name='cgpwns']What did you expect for a Madagascar ripoff. It will still make tons of money since little kids are the main audience for this crap.

WTF??? Not Jack!!!

The Wild
Release Date: April 14, 2006
Run Time: 1 hr. 34 min.
Rating: G
Cast: Eddie Izzard, Kiefer Sutherland
Director: Steve ``Spaz'' Williams
Genre: Animated, Comedy, Family
Synopsis: In this wild and outrageous computer-animated comedy-adventure, an odd assortment of animals from the New York Zoo – including a lion, a giraffe, an anaconda, a koala, and a squirrel – discover what a jungle the city can be when one of their own is mistakenly shipped to the wild and they embark on a dangerous mission to rescue him. The film boasts an impressive vocal ensemble – Keifer Sutherland, Greg Cipes, Jim Belushi, Janeane Garofalo, Richard Kind, William Shatner, and Eddie Izzard – along with cutting edge animation, and a story filled with hilarious situations.[/QUOTE]

AND WILLIAM SHATNER!!!! I must see this movie now. ;)

bread's done
Back