Warriors Orochi 3 Xbox 360 Pricedrop Amazon/Gamestop $29.99

Joe Fongul

CAGiversary!
Feedback
172 (100%)
Get it while it's hot!

:360: Warriors Orochi 3 $29.99 New/$27.99 Used @ GS

:360: Warriors Orochi 3 $29.99 @ Amazon

Amazon is currently out of stock, but the game can still be ordered for fulfillment at a later time...

I wish I would have waited on this one, but it's supposed rarity made me buy it at full price (plus the UK/Europe only retail version for the PS3). This game is awesome (best Musou game in years) and is worthy of this price ;) Enjoy!

For you jealous PS3 only owners, you can enjoy the physical UK release here:

:ps3: Warriors Orochi 3 £34.35 ($53.40) w/Shipping @ Shopto.net

Last edited by a moderator:
This one was the best on in the "Warriors Orochi" series but I still think Dynasty Warriors 7 had the best storylines when you compared them together.

Yeah i would prefer this on PS3 as well.. but the no disc thing stops me from getting it as well. I am not looking forward to this download only revolution that all the publishers think is coming.

[quote name='Rollett']Yeah i would prefer this on PS3 as well.. but the no disc thing stops me from getting it as well. I am not looking forward to this download only revolution that all the publishers think is coming.[/QUOTE]

It's because of Sony. They have a rule against non-English dubbed games getting retail releases, which is why it had to be released as a download only title. Same reason why the One Piece warriors game that is coming out is being released digital only as well. At least that's the reason I hear.

Obviously they have deals worked out with certain publishers though. Yakuza is subbed only, as well as some JRPGs, and they get retail releases.

I'm eventually going to import the PS3 Asian version of this game though.

This is an really good game. I got it off psn. I still wish koei would take alitte more off the digital price. :/

[quote name='barrit']It's because of Sony. They have a rule against non-English dubbed games getting retail releases, which is why it had to be released as a download only title. Same reason why the One Piece warriors game that is coming out is being released digital only as well. At least that's the reason I hear.

Obviously they have deals worked out with certain publishers though. Yakuza is subbed only, as well as some JRPGs, and they get retail releases.

I'm eventually going to import the PS3 Asian version of this game though.[/QUOTE]

Had to order the PAL version of Warriors Orochi 3 to get a hard copy for the PS3. Already have One Piece on preorder from Zavvi. Stupid Sony making me jump through hoops for these games.

[quote name='shurija']This one was the best on in the "Warriors Orochi" series but I still think Dynasty Warriors 7 had the best storylines when you compared them together.[/QUOTE]

This has way better gameplay than DW7...letting you change the equipped weapons of the characters was a huge mistake that took all of their uniqueness away. This has a TON of characters, all with unique movesets, and you can bring three into battle at once. There are also special attacks and swap attacks, not in DW7. The in-battle gameplay is clearly better, both in terms of characters/moves and also the scenarios and enemy troop count.

Only thing I don't like about this game is that the skill trees from DW7 are gone and the environments are kind of ugly for the most part.

sweet! amazon PMed it!! Just bought a copy with the free super shipping! Thanks Bing Rewards for making that purchase completely free :p

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaoPi']any reason why the game was released digitally only on PS3 in USA?[/QUOTE]

Didn't you read up a few posts, Cao?

I hate to pay this much for any game but for some reason this one refuses to drop in price and this is the lowest I have seen it get. I'm guessing this might become rare at some point so the resell price will probably remain about at this level for some time.

Regardless, more dynasty warriors is always a good thing. In for one.

[quote name='barrit']It's because of Sony. They have a rule against non-English dubbed games getting retail releases, which is why it had to be released as a download only title. Same reason why the One Piece warriors game that is coming out is being released digital only as well. At least that's the reason I hear.

I'm eventually going to import the PS3 Asian version of this game though.[/QUOTE]

That is straight up retarded, I always collect my games on PS3, I can't stand the 360 controls for beat-em ups. The only other option would be to get the PAL ver which got a physical release for the PS3

Currently awaiting on Way of the Samurai 4 and Yakuza 5.

Such a fantastic game. Much more in-depth than the previous titles with a more interesting story, in my opinion. Definitely will rebuy it (sold it for more than I bought it for originally)

[quote name='dgwillia006']Still mad this game was Digital Only on PS3, taking up such a huge chunk of my HDD

[quote name='dgwillia006']But seriously, i think Koei is getting lazy on us lately. DW7 Empires is already also confirmed to be digital only[/QUOTE]
Lately? They've been getting lazy on us six games back. No other developer in gaming would get away with such lazy milking as Koei has.

I still buy them but I feel dirty for it

[quote name='dgwillia006']Still mad this game was Digital Only on PS3, taking up such a huge chunk of my HDD

[quote name='RollingSkull']Lately? They've been getting lazy on us six games back. No other developer in gaming would get away with such lazy milking as Koei has.

I still buy them but I feel dirty for it[/QUOTE]

How is this a suprise? They've been milking it since PS2 ages

By the way, for whoever mentioned importing the Asian version of WO3 on PS3, be warned that there is no install feature, and the loading time is pretty long between levels compared to the digital version (and possibly the 360 version with install). Aside from that, it's a great game - though there's not quite enough levels considering the huge cast.

[quote name='CaoPi']How is this a suprise? They've been milking it since PS2 ages[/QUOTE]

Can't be worse than Madden franchise.. or any sports game for that matter. :booty:

The difference is that I'm willing to let Koei milk me rather than Madden. :bouncy:

Koei has been milking shit with questionable updates since forever. The only real difference is that they moved to Warriors games and abandoned strategy sims.

Absolutely great game. Bought it at launch and had a blast with it. It surpassed Gundam 3 as my favorite Musou game. Quite a bit of changes in this one too, but not for the worse like in DW6.
My only complaints? Pop-in is the worst I've seen in a Musou game on 360 and there is no counter that keeps track of how many hours I've played the game.

Hope some people give it a chance and don't have a "Lol, hit 'X' a million times like all the other games? No thanks," reaction to it. It really is one of the best Musou games out there. Quite a few people on NeoGAF who had grown tired of the series long ago and thought the series was as stale as Madden picked it up on recommendations and enjoyed the new mechanics and feel of the game.

I hope more people pick it up too so maybe Koei will see that some 360 owners are interested in the Musou series still. I prefer then on this system and don't want to have to import all of them on PS3 from here on out. I am still bummed out that the Warriors: Legends of Troy 360 port was cancelled out of the blue right before launch. Even though it was supposed to be atrocious, I want to play it.

Damn. Gamestops out of stock online, and everywhere near me shows low stock, which means its not a real new copy, but a shitty gut. I was planning on getting free shipping for the online store tomorow but that wont work if they dont have any. Do they ever restock when they run out of stuff online, or is that pretty much it?

^_^x KD

hopefully this means I'll be able to find people online to play with!!! lol. I know you can't play online if you haven't beaten the levels in single player (gay!!!! but obviously you will need to play it again to max up LU BU! and other characters...)

[quote name='mindatlarge']Wanna pick this up for 360, hopefully the restock is soon from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I placed the order at Amazon last night when it said no delivery date. Today got an email saying delivery date 8/7. Just place the order and Amazon will do the rest. ;)

I had one put on hold last night. I came in this morning, and it was gutted. I expected as much, as all the ones around me showed low stock. I had the employee look up the inventory for the other stores, and found one that had 2 and 5, but they were both a half hour away. He called them to make sure they had one that was still sealed, and are having them ship it to me. Gamestop does do a few things right.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I don't think it ever drop down $20-ish ?? Tempting[/QUOTE]

These games hold their prices longer than other games for some reason. they eventually drop, but DW7 and Gundam 3 didn't really go on sale much before finally getting cheap.

I found a used copy in awesome condition and plan on return/rebuying it Sunday when the Gamestock 10% off a used game coupon (what you get via email when you don't win anything from the instant win portion) goes into effect so I can save another ~$2-$3. :D

[quote name='EYEL1NER']These games hold their prices longer than other games for some reason. they eventually drop, but DW7 and Gundam 3 didn't really go on sale much before finally getting cheap.[/QUOTE]

In my area, never even saw Gundam 2 or 3 on sale before they went out of stock. Glad I was able to pick up DW7 on sale online.

[quote name='bruceg']In my area, never even saw Gundam 2 or 3 on sale before they went out of stock. Glad I was able to pick up DW7 on sale online.[/QUOTE]
I just meant sales in general anywhere. I want to say the only place I have seen a good deal on it was Gamefly sometime last year.
I buy all the DW Gundam and Orochi games at full price day one though, so I don't pay too much attention to the sales. But I know that when 3 was cheap at Gamefly, people were like "Finally!" I remember Gundam 2 holding it's value for a long time.

Thank you for posting this! I didn't think I would be able to find a copy of WO3 for $30 or less until the holidays are late next year!

Now I should finish Sengoku Basara 3 and start and play Bayonetta before I tackle this, but at least I know what I'll be doing for the next few months XD.

got my copy of 3 new just fine, but the copies of 1, 2 and 1 for the psp came in terrible condition with no case/manual.

I got a free shipping vocuher and will try one more time for the used 1, 2, and psp versions again. Just curious for those of you who order through them. How good are the chances of actually getting a COMPLETE game thats not a resurfaced mess? i was gonna get 2 or 3 copies of each one for better odds

^_^x KD

bread's done
Back