Washington D.C. Metro area.

lurknomore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Old post Edited for effect and max. exposure.....

The 5th DC Metro area CAG Meet-up/Game Swap

Dave & Buster's
White Flint Mall - 3rd Floor
11301 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda , MD 20895

3:00 pm onward ...(we have been going 3 hours+)

Saturday, April 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
lurknomore
G-Nitro
jmiller80
MCalvert1
cleaver - unless he is drafted in the 1st round
s0undwav3
abhinav- maybe
FlamingMoogles
GenDV138 - maybe

BTW, we have had minors (-18) join us before at D&B without issue. If you are a minor and wish to attend without your own guardian, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone # if you are concerned...and I'll walk you in. Again, it hasn't been an issue yet.

Any CAGers around here? Really disappointed as the scene pales in comparison to Boston's video gaming scene. Any suggestions or local mom and pop shops? The Maryland-Virginia-DC area seems to be pretty weak.

Meeting was a blast again folks. Thanks to the gents from Goozex for the games again (very cool of you guys!). Lurk, thanks for organizing the meetup and getting the press from CheapyD.

Looking forward to the next one!

I go tthere at about 5:30 and I didn't see anyone. (not that I know who I was looking for). Oh well, perhaps I will be on time for the 4th DC CAG event.

[quote name='Abiggs']I go tthere at about 5:30 and I didn't see anyone. (not that I know who I was looking for). Oh well, perhaps I will be on time for the 4th DC CAG event.[/quote]

We were there at 5:30 at the long table by the mall entrance in D&B. That's too bad you missed us.

I got some good deals in trades, thanks to everyone who I traded with.

Cleaver, call me and we will meet up in Wheaton.

[quote name='coalhalo']When did White Flint Mall get a Bethesda address? I grew up in DC, and to me and my friends White Flint Mall was always in Rockville. I was poking around google and I noticed that Borders bookstore gives it's location in White Flint Mall a Kensington address. What gives? I know it's not a big deal, but to people not familiar with the area it must get a bit confusing.

And in response to Lurknoemore's presumption about Bethesda vs. Rockville; you absolutely correct my friend. Bethesda will always trump Rockville in the eyes of people who care about such things around here. It's like McLean compared to Vienna in VA. Or Georgetown vs Foggy Bottom.[/quote]

Heh, over the past couple of years, I've noticed that a lot of people that live in Rockville or Gaithersburg say they are from "North Potomac". Everyone here is always trying to get ahead of the next guy. :)

[quote name='thebob101']North Potomac, North Bethesda, just another way to up the property value and still live in Rockville or Gaithersburg.[/quote]

North Potomac FTW is all i have to say on that. I hope everyone had fun at the meetup, i hope i can make it next time.

[quote name='Ishy']Heh, over the past couple of years, I've noticed that a lot of people that live in Rockville or Gaithersburg say they are from "North Potomac". Everyone here is always trying to get ahead of the next guy. :)[/quote]

Seriously? North Potomac is near Darnestown and Quince Orchard neighborhoods, and is usually associated with Potomac and Bethesda, not Rockville or Gaithersburg.

As some of you might have noticed, I was unable to attend the DC CAGers meet-up. I had to stay at the office to meet some clients and wasn't done till around 7:00. I sure as hell didn't feel like driving to White Flint Mall at that time of day, so I bagged out. I was really looking forward to meeting some of the other CAGers in the area, and not getting out there was a bummer. The next time a meet-up is planned I'll get someone else to stay at the office. Hope everyone had a good time.

Hey DC Metro Area,

I'll post the few pics that I have from the last meet-up. I'll just post them in this thread later on tonight. (Sorry was away on a business trip).

Anyhow, get your arses out there and someone pick up a Rock Band for our next meet-up. We talked about this, and this is our opportunity. Let's go fellas and animallyson.

[quote name='lurknomore']Hey DC Metro Area,

I'll post the few pics that I have from the last meet-up. I'll just post them in this thread later on tonight. (Sorry was away on a business trip).

Anyhow, get your arses out there and someone pick up a Rock Band for our next meet-up. We talked about this, and this is our opportunity. Let's go fellas and animallyson.[/quote]

If anyone finds one around the DC area please let us know ASAP.

[quote name='cleaver']If anyone found a Rock Band early let's have our next CAG meetup tonight.[/quote]

I have one pre-ordered from Amazon. Has there been any sightings?

[quote name='thebob101']I have one pre-ordered from Amazon. Has there been any sightings?[/QUOTE]

thebob101, you are in a real band...you don't need these stinking toys.

I guarantee that we had more fun than what the pictures document. We had a decent showing; however, it seems that we now have a core group that come to meet and hang-out.
1700636588_68d523cf6a.jpg

This is cleaver trying to convince us to go and raid the EB Games downstairs. He came well-prepared with a stack of EB coupons for us all to use and share.
1699797807_d40dadae38.jpg

The Goozex Guys came to hang out, and they were once again generous with games. Mark put together a neat game to test our sobriety and memory. The stack of games held nothing or a game disc, and we drew numbers to draw games. 7 games were won, and the others were given Goozex points.
1699810939_928b94a793.jpg

1699823967_591a3af02a.jpg

1699834359_e5e4d278a6.jpg

1699858039_c6de149f66.jpg

And here we have some pics of the make-shift swap meet. jmiller volunteered his Jeep as the redezvous point, and some of us just threw down our stuff. Others huddled around other car trunks all around the lot.
1700723110_3761a01413.jpg

1700734030_900613f54a.jpg

Totally fun, made some good deals too. Looking forward to the next meetup. Thanks for posting and taking the pics Lurk, appreciate it.

It was good time (even if I did get lost :) ) and definitely worth the trip. I encourage everyone to come out next time.

P.S. if anyone for D&B is reading this, please install a SF machine, I miss Ryu and my arms get tired for playing the 50 different light gun games.

[quote name='dwhelan']It was good time (even if I did get lost :) ) and definitely worth the trip. I encourage everyone to come out next time.

P.S. if anyone for D&B is reading this, please install a SF machine, I miss Ryu and my arms get tired for playing the 50 different light gun games.[/QUOTE]

Glad that you came out. Sorry that you missed out on the fun early on, but still you came from such a distance relatively speaking...that the effort really was appreciated. Hope that you can make the next one.

Thanks CheapyD for the hype, once again. You really are a force in the industry, and above all and most importantly, the one that we all really respect and listen to.

Thanks for posting up the pics Lurk! And I heard the shout outs at the end of the CAGCast. Very cool! And the sound quality wasn't bad at all.

MjC

I totally missed the audio of the shout-outs because of the Navy commercials the first listen through. Sounded great though all things considered in the busy and loud D&B.

I just moved back into the area after being gone for 5 years, if there's another meetup, I'll try to make it :)

On a related note, has anyone found any Xbox 360 Elite bundles at any of the Costco's in the area? I'm looking to pick up an Xbox 360 Elite, and I figure Costco is probably the best place to get one because of their return policy.

Just thought I'd let you know that K-Mart in Springfield, VA has copies of Mass Effect for sale. I picked up one and there were 3-4 left.

masseffect.jpg

Anyone know if the game is available anywhere nearer to potomac? Maybe? if tw4win wants to buy me a copy and we meet somewhere that would be awesome as well... i really really want this game.

[quote name='abhinav']Anyone know if the game is available anywhere nearer to potomac? Maybe? if tw4win wants to buy me a copy and we meet somewhere that would be awesome as well... i really really want this game.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it's too late to get one. I was personally told by Bioware that they called the Kmart in Springfield and told them to pull the game. I suspect other stores in the area got a similar call.

Anyone able to pick this up based on my tip?

Nope. But I didn't go out and chase the game like in other circumstances. Oh bother. Too many games that it would probably sit next to my 360 until it came out and then some.

GOOD until 12/2/07.

EB/GS in Gaithersburg (by Chuck E Cheese) and in Germantown ONLY.

You get 50% more trade in on used games (flyers are in store), $30 extra on system trade in (excludes older systems, GBA, GC, GB), and $5 off new games.

[quote name='decon']GOOD until 12/2/07.

You get 50% more trade in on used games (flyers are in store), $30 extra on system trade in (excludes older systems, GBA, GC, GB), and $5 off new games.[/QUOTE]

What would that make a PSP worth?

MjC

[quote name='MCalvert1']Yeah, I am. It's a day 1 launch system, FW 1.5. Hardly used! I'm hoping for $100?

MjC[/quote]

Yeah i'm actually in the same boat, i want a slim one.

[quote name='decon']GOOD until 12/2/07.

You get 50% more trade in on used games (flyers are in store), $30 extra on system trade in (excludes older systems, GBA, GC, GB), and $5 off new games.[/quote]

I wonder what that would make an Xbox trade in worth. Also, what road is this on? Thanks.

[quote name='thebob101']I wonder what that would make an Xbox trade in worth. Also, what road is this on? Thanks.[/quote]

The one in Gaithersburg is on 355 right off Montgomery Village 270 Exit, across the street from TRU.

The one in Germantown is on Middlebrook road.

Sweet, just scored a Pro Xbox 360 w/Forza and MUA at Kmart using the 20% coupon. $293 for the Pro w/ the above games included is not too shabby.

They still had a couple left as of this morning.

I have seen Rockband at most every retailer that I went to this morning. Hope all those that are interested are finding it.

An every better find is that I have seen the Zelda DS at BB being sold today. If I didn't have two of these darn DS Lites already, I'd be all over that...let alone already owning the game.

[quote name='jgamezcua']Sweet, just scored a Pro Xbox 360 w/Forza and MUA at Kmart using the 20% coupon. $293 for the Pro w/ the above games included is not too shabby.

They still had a couple left as of this morning.[/QUOTE]

Where abouts? The K-Mart in Aspen Hill, MD said the coupon was a no go for me. I ended up walking out w/ nothing.

[quote name='aspower']Where abouts? The K-Mart in Aspen Hill, MD said the coupon was a no go for me. I ended up walking out w/ nothing.[/quote]

Gaithersburg, MD Kmart. Don't know if any are still around though. Prob should call first.

[quote name='lurknomore']Didn't the coupon expire?[/quote]

The first coupon expired on 11/17 EOD.

The second coupon expired on 11/21 at 10pm I think.

I used the second coupon on my purchase on 11/18.

How did everyone make out on BF deals. I slept in and did my shopping online. Ventured out yesterday afternoon for a bit and bought GR 2 and Stuntman.

[quote name='thebob101']How did everyone make out on BF deals. I slept in and did my shopping online. Ventured out yesterday afternoon for a bit and bought GR 2 and Stuntman.[/QUOTE]

I did all of my shopping online, mostly DVDs. Ordered South Park seasons 1-4, Blood Diamond, Pan's Labyrinth, Children of Men, and Resident Evil 4 for the Wii.

If anyone here is looking for Play-Asia coupon codes, I have two that I probably won't use. Let me know if any of you guys want one, thought I'd check here before giving them away in another thread.

-Get US$8 off a purchase of US$50 or more
-Get US$12 off a purchase of US$100 or more

Yeah, I also did all my shopping online. Picked up that Garmin from Walmart.com for $130 for a gift, a few seasons of Southpark, and EA Replay for PSP, $5 shipped from Bestbuy.com.

Thanks for offering up the coupons Gen! I don't think I need them, but it's really cool of you.

MjC

[quote name='jmiller80']After 2 years of getting up early and braving the crowds, I slept in and did the online routine.

Just R6V:LE and NYT Crosswords from AMZN. Nothing dramatic.

FYI, I posted pictures from the unofficial 11/17 party over on Goozex.
http://www.goozex.com/community/forums/t/3602.aspx[/QUOTE]

I, too, slept in. I bought a ton of Blu-Ray crap the week previous to BF though, and probably spent a few month's worth of mortgage away.

Anyhow, now that word of the super-secret Meetup at jmiller80's house has been announced...I felt that it was important to once again thank jmiller80 for being the gracious host. We all had an incredible time. The gaming was fun, and the Red Hot & Blue was delicious as always. Thanks for the great time.

Nothing beats old-school Bomberman in a basement corner.

bread's done
Back