Washington D.C. Metro area.

lurknomore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Old post Edited for effect and max. exposure.....

The 5th DC Metro area CAG Meet-up/Game Swap

Dave & Buster's
White Flint Mall - 3rd Floor
11301 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda , MD 20895

3:00 pm onward ...(we have been going 3 hours+)

Saturday, April 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
lurknomore
G-Nitro
jmiller80
MCalvert1
cleaver - unless he is drafted in the 1st round
s0undwav3
abhinav- maybe
FlamingMoogles
GenDV138 - maybe

BTW, we have had minors (-18) join us before at D&B without issue. If you are a minor and wish to attend without your own guardian, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone # if you are concerned...and I'll walk you in. Again, it hasn't been an issue yet.

Any CAGers around here? Really disappointed as the scene pales in comparison to Boston's video gaming scene. Any suggestions or local mom and pop shops? The Maryland-Virginia-DC area seems to be pretty weak.

[quote name='jgamezcua']FYI, Germantown Walmart has 2 eye of judgement fromt the recent "nationwide, ahem cough cough" drop.

UNFORTUNATELY, they're ringing up 69.99. Of course, when I went to ring up, it was the floor manager who rung me up. I mentioned to him that I thought the price may be incorrect and he said "yeah, this item is deleted and dropped in price but we have the discretion of accepting the price drop. Our store isn't going to adjust the price to $29."

WTF!!! Maybe some other CAG will get lucky and score it for $29, but don't get your hopes up at the Germantown Walmart :([/QUOTE]

Thanks for saving me a trip. But I am more amazed that you got a reasoned response from a Walmart employee at Germantown.

[quote name='jgamezcua']
WTF!!! Maybe some other CAG will get lucky and score it for $29, but don't get your hopes up at the Germantown Walmart :([/quote]

That doesn't surprise me. The Target near the Germantown Walmart doesn't have the good clearance YMMV stuff either.

ge-144p-lgog3.jpg

Direct Download

This is my first show so there were a lot of lessons learned but if you have some time give it a listen and give me some feedback on the GameEnthus Forums(here)

GameEnthus.com - check out some of the videos and the forums.

[quote name='decon']That doesn't surprise me. The Target near the Germantown Walmart doesn't have the good clearance YMMV stuff either.[/quote]

The rio Target always does though.

If anyone is interested, I have four Redskins (v. Bills) tickets to this Saturday's preseason game. I also have a parking pass (Green lot). The tickets are Section 106, Row 28, Seats 17-20. PM me and we can talk specifics. I am in the Silver Spring, MD area.

I would've KILLED to have had those tickets! I actually went to the game, but was up in the nosebleeds. We did have an orange parking pass, which rocked. Usually we're in the blue lot or something.

[quote name='thebob101']If anyone is interested, I have four Redskins (v. Bills) tickets to this Saturday's preseason game. I also have a parking pass (Green lot). The tickets are Section 106, Row 28, Seats 17-20. PM me and we can talk specifics. I am in the Silver Spring, MD area.[/quote]
Damn i really need to check this thread more often. What are yall doing for the Holiday Weekend?

[quote name='Sc4rfac3']Damn i really need to check this thread more often. What are yall doing for the Holiday Weekend?[/QUOTE]

Most likely I'll be out of town. But speaking of plans and all, does anyone have any interest in doing another meetup in September? My schedule really opens up starting September 13th. We could certainly do D&B again, or something else. I've played Airsoft at that place in Rockville that Lurk was talking about a while back. It's on the smaller side, but it's pretty cool, resonably priced, and has great rental guns.

Post what your available dates are and we can narrow in on one of them. Looking forward to more good times with the CAGs!

MjC

[quote name='MCalvert1']Most likely I'll be out of town. But speaking of plans and all, does anyone have any interest in doing another meetup in September? My schedule really opens up starting September 13th. We could certainly do D&B again, or something else. I've played Airsoft at that place in Rockville that Lurk was talking about a while back. It's on the smaller side, but it's pretty cool, resonably priced, and has great rental guns.

Post what your available dates are and we can narrow in on one of them. Looking forward to more good times with the CAGs!

MjC[/quote]

Sounds good. My Sept appears open.

[quote name='MCalvert1']Most likely I'll be out of town. But speaking of plans and all, does anyone have any interest in doing another meetup in September? My schedule really opens up starting September 13th. We could certainly do D&B again, or something else. I've played Airsoft at that place in Rockville that Lurk was talking about a while back. It's on the smaller side, but it's pretty cool, resonably priced, and has great rental guns.

MjC[/QUOTE]

Definitely down for a drive down, so just give a heads up. My September looks pretty free.

Some of us over at the Goozex side of the the house are looking into Saturday, September 20th, possibly at Arundel Mills this time, to accomodate the ones closer to Baltimore this time around, since it's always been a hike for us to White Flint. I'll post more details once it's confirmed

[quote name='G-Nitro']Some of us over at the Goozex side of the the house are looking into Saturday, September 20th, possibly at Arundel Mills this time, to accomodate the ones closer to Baltimore this time around, since it's always been a hike for us to White Flint. I'll post more details once it's confirmed[/quote]
Thats a hike for me but i will see if can make it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Not love for NOVA?[/quote]

I'm up for carpooling to any CAG/Goozex meetup from NoVA if anyone is interested. September is open and looks good for me.

I miss you thowing back the pints with y'all... :beer:

Just FYI, there were around 20 Wii's on the Rockville TRU this morning (saw them when I went to get N+ for the "buy 1 get 50% off on second 19.99 games" deal.

Does anyone know the name of the small chain of game stores up closer to Baltimore? I got my GTA IV there awhile back and wanted to check them out again. They had all kinds of stuff, CDs, books, movies, games. And I think they did trade ins, too. But I can't remember the name for the life of me.

The Anne Arundel D&B is a little far for me, but a NoVA carpool sounds like a good idea. Have we settled on a date yet? (9/13 is bad for me.)

Just back from PAX. In case you haven't heard, PAX East is coming March 2010 in Boston.

[quote name='G-Nitro']Some of us over at the Goozex side of the the house are looking into Saturday, September 20th, possibly at Arundel Mills this time, to accomodate the ones closer to Baltimore this time around, since it's always been a hike for us to White Flint. I'll post more details once it's confirmed[/quote]

Looks like I'll have to pass on this one if it's 9/20. We are having our baby shower that day and it would cause *mucho* problems if I 'ran off with those gamers' ;)

[quote name='mf44']Does anyone know the name of the small chain of game stores up closer to Baltimore? I got my GTA IV there awhile back and wanted to check them out again. They had all kinds of stuff, CDs, books, movies, games. And I think they did trade ins, too. But I can't remember the name for the life of me.[/QUOTE]

That would be Power Gamer. Several of the locations have closed, but the ones in Glen Burnie and Reisterstown are still open.

If anyone needs a ride from the DC area & can metro to Friendship Heights, I can take a couple people up in my car, too. I can pick people up if they're on the way from Chevy Chase (Silver Spring north) if needed.

[quote name='mf44']Does anyone know the name of the small chain of game stores up closer to Baltimore? I got my GTA IV there awhile back and wanted to check them out again. They had all kinds of stuff, CDs, books, movies, games. And I think they did trade ins, too. But I can't remember the name for the life of me.[/quote]

If you're talking about getting GTA IV for $45 with a coupon, then it was http://www.recordandtapetraders.com

Yeah, 9/20 is a bad day for me as well now (Seriously, my friends have to stop getting engaged:)) But the end of the month is looking better.

Also, any idea where we are going?

I would be available on 9/20 for either location, or another date in Sept if 9/20 wouldn't work out. I think it would be good to decide on a date and location soon.

MjC

Sorry for not getting info out there, it's been hectic as hell with PAX, work and more. Since I forgot I was working mids and some others had to back out, we have postponed the date to October. Info below.

Neighborhood 4, Store D1 (Near the movie theatres, next to Chevys)

7000 Arundel Mills Circle
Hanover, MD 21076
Date & Time: Saturday, October 18th 2008 @ 1PM - (We've been going 3+ hours)
Who's Coming:

• G-Nitro
  • Mafafu
  • Kevlar51
  • geomoose
  • MCalvert1
  • Indifference
  • Tiny
  • Lurknomore
  • The Great BM
  • Darker
Please let reply and let us know if you can make it. This invitation is for both Goozex and CAG, and if anyone needs directions, let us know.
Don't Forget to bring your games to swap/trade/sell to other members while there.

[quote name='G-Nitro']Sorry for not getting info out there, it's been hectic as hell with PAX, work and more. Since I forgot I was working mids and some others had to back out, we have postponed the date to October. Info below.

Hanover, MD 21076
Who's Coming:

• G-Nitro (Goozex & CAG)
  • Mafafu (Goozex)
Please let reply and let us know if you can make it. This invitation is for both Goozex and CAG, and if anyone needs directions, let us know.
Don't Forget to bring your games to swap/trade/sell to other members while there.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, Arundel Mills is not as close a White Marsh to Delaware :).

I will be able to make it as well. Put me down for Goozex and CAG.

Latest list of those going. Looks to be a good group, and I hope to see more go.

Hanover, MD 21076
Who's Coming:

• G-Nitro
  • Mafafu
  • Kevlar51
  • geomoose
  • MCalvert1
  • Indifference
  • Tiny
  • Lurknomore
  • The Great BM
  • Darker
  • BlackCoyote
  • NinjaJ
  • animallyson
  • d4rkewolfe
  • toymachine
  • HarrasmentPanda
  • Biff Lugnut
  • Geopfh
  • igorponweed
Please reply and let us know if you can make it. This invitation is for both Goozex and CAG, and if anyone needs directions, let us know.
Don't Forget to bring your games to swap/trade/sell to other members while there.

I plan on attending the meet up and sent out word to a few friendly Baltimore/DC area Destructoid community members. Early responses indicate that there should be a few of us along with a couple Destructoid editors.

Oct. 18 is not a good date for me and the meet-up. sorry fellas. I just can't confirm yet, as we're expecting our 2nd child sometime around then. Hope you all have fun while I wait for some water to break.

I won't be able to make it on the 18th either, I work Saturdays and we're still just a bit short on people at work. I'll hopefully be able to make the next one though!

[quote name='lurknomore']Oct. 18 is not a good date for me and the meet-up. sorry fellas. I just can't confirm yet, as we're expecting our 2nd child sometime around then. Hope you all have fun while I wait for some water to break.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GenDV138']I won't be able to make it on the 18th either, I work Saturdays and we're still just a bit short on people at work. I'll hopefully be able to make the next one though![/QUOTE]

That is a shame you guys won't be able to make it to my last DC meetup. I figured I would tell everyone there, but I am no longer going to be Delaware -- you will have to call me Lunenburg, Nova Scotia. I have accepted a job at HB Studios as a project coordinator. I move to the great white north, at the end of the month to start making games.

Tiny

P.S. Congratulations Lurk

[quote name='dwhelan']That is a shame you guys won't be able to make it to my last DC meetup. I figured I would tell everyone there, but I am no longer going to be Delaware -- you will have to call me Lunenburg, Nova Scotia. I have accepted a job at HB Studios as a project coordinator. I move to the great white north, at the end of the month to start making games.

Tiny[/QUOTE]

Looks like this will be a going away party for Tiny now. Is it safe to assume you won't be making any 20 hour drives to visit us in the future?

Too bad GenDV and Lurk will miss this one.

MjC

[quote name='lurknomore']Oct. 18 is not a good date for me and the meet-up. sorry fellas. I just can't confirm yet, as we're expecting our 2nd child sometime around then. Hope you all have fun while I wait for some water to break.[/quote]

Congrats Lurk.

Cleaver and I are going to try to get up to the meetup. Been awhile since I have been to one.

Lurk, congrats on the baby. Hope all is well.

Tiny, congrats on the job, too bad for us. Good luck.

Sorry to hear you can't make it Lurk, but congrats.

And Tiny, we'll make sure to send you off the CAG & Goozex way!

5 days away

Latest list of those going. Looks to be a good group, and I hope to see more go.

Hanover, MD 21076
Who's Coming:

• G-Nitro
  • Mafafu
  • Kevlar51
  • geomoose
  • MCalvert1
  • Indifference
  • Tiny
  • The Great BM
  • Darker
  • BlackCoyote
  • NinjaJ
  • animallyson
  • d4rkewolfe
  • toymachine (+1)
  • HarrasmentPanda
  • Biff Lugnut
  • Geopfh
  • igorponweed
  • thebob101
  • Cleaver
Please reply and let us know if you can make it. This invitation is for both Goozex and CAG, and if anyone needs directions, let us know.

If anyone's interested, the Target in PG Plaza had 1 copy left of Scene It for 14.98, and multiple copies of Lego Star Wars - The Complete Saga (360, didn't check Wii or PS3) for 19.99

Good new. My younger brother has expressed interest in attending this event. He has asked me to RSVP for him. So I guess add a guest +1 next to my name. :) Thanks and I look forward to seeing you all again.

BTW: Grats to both Lurker and Tiny.

Thanks to everyone who came out today and for some making the extra time for a trip up to Arundel Mills. It was a blast seeing many people again, as well as meeting new faces.

A nice sendoff to Tiny who is off to Nova Scotia for work, and thanks for throwing some freebies out there late. Also thanks to Mafafu who kindly brought some Gamestop handouts, and made a nice 2 hour drive.

A big thanks to NinjaJ & BlackCoyote of Goozex for giving everyone who attended a free Goozex shirt, we shall wear them proudly.

As I stated to everyone at the event, we will be holding a Maryland/DC/Virginia meet every quarter wth the next one coming in January closer to the DC area. If anyone knows of a good location with a large enough space, feel free to PM me the info, or your AIM/MSN name or ask for mine, so we can discuss it in further detail.

Current ideas outside of White Flint are Northern VA and Frederick, MD

Look forward to the next meet!

Definitely good times, and thanks to everyone for the well wishing.

The top concerns on my mind, about the move, now include: (Thanks all :) )
1) blood tests to prove I am not an alien
2) car falling through the ice, and the insurance company salvaging it.

Thanks to G-nitro for putting this all together. I will try to make it down for the next one.

Anyone going to the Monday midnight launch of FO3?
I was perusing Rockville BB for an actual, functioning GH:WT drum unit (that failed). That ended up with the employee talking about how kids are chewing on the drumsticks, girls dropping the guitars for no reason...but ended up with the guy advertising the FO3 launch.

How GH:WT >> FO3 is connected, I'll never know. But apparently, Bethesda will be there with Game Dir, Lead Producer, Artist, and Designer. I wasn't into all the hype, but I suppose an autographed copy of FO3 could be useful someday.

This should supplement it:
http://kotaku.com/5068343/best-buys-fallout-3-midnight-launches

bread's done
Back