Watching Lost on PS3 in Hi Def?

CENNY

CAGiversary!
Just wondering if anyone has successfully been able to watch ABC's Lost in High Definition on their PS3, without using Blu Rays?

If I try and watch it online, ABC's site has some kind of flash issue that won't let me watch the free episodes on my PS3 (and Hulu seems to redirect to the ABC site). PlayOn is not an option since I do not have a PC that I can connect to my PS3. And the Blu Rays are too expensive for me to buy right now. It sucks because I love the show a lot, and need to catch up on all my missed episodes before next year's final season.

Does anyone know of a way to get around the problems on the ABC site? Someone told me that the flash system on PS3 is supposed to get some kind of upgrade that allows more functionality, but I don't know which system version upgrade that is supposed to come with or when. Thanks for any help.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, by the way. Wasn't sure where this kind of question would go.

From what I understand, ABC (as well as theWB.com and a few other sites) uses a specialized program to play their flash videos. This is why PlayON has had such a hard time getting ABC playability implemented and why the program will not work on the PS3. I too would be interested in knowing if anyone knows of any workarounds.

well you see TOday is a good a day as any to buy the supeRb show on bluRay rEally is a good show i eNjoy iT.

thats thw ay i get most my shows these days

[quote name='chimpian']well you see TOday is a good a day as any to buy the supeRb show on bluRay[/QUOTE]

Not an option, sadly. Would love to own this series, it's so rewatchable, so many little details to notice the 2nd and 3rd time around...

[quote name='jscme']From what I understand, ABC (as well as theWB.com and a few other sites) uses a specialized program to play their flash videos. This is why PlayON has had such a hard time getting ABC playability implemented and why the program will not work on the PS3. I too would be interested in knowing if anyone knows of any workarounds.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware PlayOn had problems with ABC.

So has anyone here successfully seen non-Blu Ray Lost in HD on their PS3?

[quote name='CENNY']Not an option, sadly. Would love to own this series, it's so rewatchable, so many little details to notice the 2nd and 3rd time around...[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

i think you missed what he was trying to say cenny. try "reading between the lines" and you'll see what he really meant.

Wow, so used to people's weird capitalization habits on the internet that I totally didn't notice the gag.

Still though, I just want a kosher way to see this show on my PS3 without having to pay out for the Blu Rays.

Bumping this because my friend just got the Lost Blu Rays and I'm jealous. When are they going to update whatever they need to update with the flash so that we can use the ABC site on PS3, anyone know?

bread's done
Back