Watching "Standard" DVD's on an Xbox 360 w/ HDTV image stretched

Haggar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys,

I use my Xbox 360 as my DVD player, I have it hooked up to my HDTV with component cables, and I have the switch on the plug set to HD. I have an older 360 so I cannot use an HDMI cable.

Everything works fine, and I have been using it this way for over a year. I just now noticed that when I watch a "standard" format DVD (non-widescreen) the picture seems stretched to fit horizontally. I only have a few standard format DVD's (tv series, etc) but it's annoying.

What am I doing wrong? Is there anything I can do besides switching to "standard" on the 360's dash every time I want to watch one of these? Or hitting the Aspect button on the remote?

I would think it would be detected and the screen ratio adjusted automatically, but I guess not.

Thanks for any advice.

It's probably your TV. It's set to "Full" "Zoom" "Stretch" or "Fill" when it should be set to "Normal" or "Standard".

just hit the button that brings up the dvd options and scroll over to the rectangle and press it...the 360 will cycle through the different display modes (normal, stretched, letterbox, etc)

[quote name='geko29']It's probably your TV. It's set to "Full" "Zoom" "Stretch" or "Fill" when it should be set to "Normal" or "Standard".[/QUOTE]

LOL, that was it. I feel so silly.

Thanks!

bread's done
Back